Dr. Francisco Quinteros, MD

Colon & Rectal Surgery | Male

Dr. Francisco Quinteros, MD
Francisco Quinteros, MD, is a double board certified surgeon, who specializes in general surgery and is fellowship trained in colon and rectal surgery. This has given him the expertise and experience throughout his career to take care of all colon and rectal diseases as well as many general surgical problems, for instance, hernias and gallstones. Dr. Quinteros is skilled in performing many advanced laparoscopic surgeries and robotic techniques as well as standard open operations. He feels it is important to have skills in all these technologies so that he can tailor the use of the most appropriate technology to the problem of the individual patient. Today, patients often have choices of various medical and surgical options to manage their illness or symptoms. Dr. Quinteros strives to educate patients as to the choices available to them and the pros and cons of each strategy. He is very committed to doing the best he can by each person and strives to approach each patient in the way he would want to be taken care of if he were the patient himself.

Dr. Quinteros' Care Philosophy

Dr. Quinteros' Experience

See how Dr. Quinteros' experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Quinteros

Dr. Quinteros accepts 9 insurance carriers

Dr. Quinteros is now accepting new patients
    Chicago Institute of Advanced Surgery331 W Surf St Unit 5100
    Chicago, IL 60657
    (773) 327-6800Get Directions

Check out the quality of care at the 2 hospitals where Dr. Quinteros has admitting privileges.

Dr. Quinteros' Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Quinteros to family and friends
    3.6
    Dr. Quinteros Says:

We always view the patient experience as something we strive to improve. Please let us know the things you like and appreciate about our practice, but also let us know where we can make your experience better. We will listen and try to improve the experience or let you know what we are working on toward that end.

Dr. Quinteros' Performance
    chicago, il |
    I had always been hearing that one's body started to "fall apart " after turning 40 . For me , it was true ! The only good part about this reality is that I found a great, caring and precise surgeon. Hernia & Hemorrhoid behind me ( so to speak ), I am in awe at how accurately and professionally I was treated . The evaluation , treatment and actual procedures were quite painless. Dr. Quinteros (by reputation and from my experience), asserts a high priority & passion for patients.
    in Denver, CO |
    I had an appointment to See Dr. Quinteros on Tuesday, February 7, 2017, at 4:30 PM. After being told that the drive I had was for work, but that they could look at my imaging, his assistant put a BitLocker Drive Encryption on my 32gb Scandisk Cruzer Glide, and their Medical Assistant, Maria Hernandez essentially called me a liar when I told her about it, and I was never called back about it. They will never be trusted by me again and I'm reporting this matter to the proper people.
    in Chicago, IL |
    I am more likely to recommend Dr. Quinteros to my family and friends because he's an expert of what he does. I had my ileostomy reversed last Dec. 19th. Although, we waited for more than 4 hours, it was still worth it. It was expected because I know from the get go that his schedule was extra hectic. I thought his staff Maria was very kind to squeeze me in with his busy schedule. I recovered quickly because two weeks later I'm back at work. No more pain and my wound looking just fine.
    in Chicago, IL |
    December of last year I was diagnosed with stage 3 rectal cancer and Dr. Quinteros was my surgeon to do low anterior resection. I was very afraid of having ileostomy but he rest assured me that it?s going to be okay. What I like about Dr. Quinteros is the way he made me feel comfortable about the situation. My husband noticed that his positive personality made us feel secured that he can make me better. He really took care of me. He answered every concerns we had before and after the procedure.
    thank you for the kind words and we will see you soon! FQ
    in Chicago, IL |
    I was in a lot of pain and called Dr.'s office to see when Dr. can see me, he squeezed me in the next day. When I arrived for my visit his office is located in a brand new building so it was nice and clean. I was first seen by a resident then Dr. followed. He explained my condition and gave me many options to relieve my pain and to treat my pain so that it would not return in the future. I felt very comfortable with his treatment plan and scheduled surgery. I am doing great now! No more pain!
    Thanks so much for the kind words! FQ
    in Chicago, IL |
    Once he has billed your insurance,you're on your own. Does not explain procedures very well to patients and does not care about follow-up.
    We strive to be better. Please let me know what the issue was so we can improve our service for other patients. I'd love if you could leave a message with the staff and I'll call you back. FQ
    Have you seen Dr. Francisco Quinteros, MD?

Dr. Quinteros' Care Philosophy

Dr. Quinteros says...

Dr. Quinteros areas of expertise include colon and rectal cancer, inflammatory bowel diseases such as ulcerative colitis, Crohn's disease and pelvic floor disorders. He is also a specialist in advanced laparoscopic and robotic colorectal surgery, using minimally invasive techniques to treat many of these diseases. Dr. Quinteros also evaluates patients with fecal incontinence, constipation, pelvic floor prolapse, rectal cancer and anal fistulas.

Dr. Quinteros says...

Dr. Francisco Quinteros is a board certified colorectal surgeons with special expertise in minimally invasive surgery, complex surgical procedures for colonic and small bowel disease, and anorectal and pelvic floor dysfunction.

Dr. Quinteros says...

Dr. Quinteros' experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Colon & Rectal Surgery
    •  Board certified in Colon & Rectal Surgery and General Surgery

Dr. Quinteros has no media or publications listed.

No malpractice history found for Illinois.

Why It Matters: Dr. Quinteros' Board Certifications

Univ Of Il Coll Of Med

Graduated in 2006

University Of Illinois / Metropolitan Group Hospitals

Completed in 2007

Metropolital Group Hospitals Residency In General Surgery, University Of Illinois

Completed in 2013

Florida Hospital Orlando

Completed in 2014

University Of Chicago

Graduated in 2001

Dr. Quinteros does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Quinteros and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Colon & Rectal Surgery
    • General Surgery

• Appendectomy, Laparoscopic
    • Colectomy
    • Colectomy and Sigmoidectomy With Robotic Assistance
    • Colon and Rectal Surgery
    • Colonoscopy, Proctosigmoidoscopy, and Sigmoidoscopy
    • Destruction of Anal Tumor
    • Enterostomy (Laparoscopic or Open)
    • Gastroenterology Procedures
    • Hemorrhoid Treatment
    • Hemorrhoidal Dearterialization
    • Hemorrhoidectomy or Excision of Anal Tags
    • Hernia Repair
    • Laparoscopic Colectomy
    • Open Incisional and-or Ventral Hernia Repair
    • Transanal Endoscopic Microsurgery (TEM)