Dermatology  |
Dr. Frances Rotter, MD
Dr. Fran Rotter is a Board-Certified Dermatologist and offers general dermatology services including full skin exams, treatment of acne, rashes, mole removal and all other aspects of general dermatology.

8301 Old Courthouse Rd

Vienna, VA 22182

• CareFirst Blue Cross Blue Shield

Learn about Dr. Rotter

Dr. Rotter's Experience

Dr. Rotter's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Dermatology

• Fungal Nail Infection
  • Itchy Skin
  • Leg and Foot Ulcers
  • Lyme Disease
  • Moles (Benign Skin Lesions)
  • Psoriasis
  • Varicose Veins
  • Warts

• Destruction of Benign Skin Lesion
  • Destruction of Malignant Skin Lesion

No malpractice history found for Virginia.

• University Of Maryland
    Internship Hospital | Completed
  • Johns Hopkins Hospital
  • George Washington University
    Other Education | Completed

Dr. Rotter has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Rotter does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Rotter and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Rotter's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Rotter to family and friends
4.5
Dr. Rotter's Performance
Derwood |
Dr Rotter is thorough and very knowledgeable. Also, she is pleasant and friendly. Derwood, MD
Arlington, VA |
I've been going to Dr. Fran Rotter for about 15 years. I had lots of sun damage, and she changed my thinking about protecting my skin. I am converted, and thanks to Dr. Fran's care, my skin is healthy and looks great.
in Fairfax, VA |
I've been a patient of Dr. Rotter's for over 20 years ... and most of that time was as a self-pay patient. (The practice didn't accept my insurance, but to me, she was worth the out of pocket expense). She is very knowledgeable and has a great bedside manner. She takes the time required to answer questions and alleviate any fears. I've never felt like I was rushed in and out of the office. Honestly, I feel like a friend I get to see (at least) once a year. I recommend her often.
Rocky Mount, VA |
Dr Rotter was very friendly, energetic and professional. She addressed my concerns in an attentive and competent manner. I highly recommend her.
Mattapan, MA |
Dr. Rotter is aoways very attentive to my concerns and checks me so very carefully for any other issues. When she finds a problem she sets the course for remedy immediately and always with excellent results. I highly
in Reston, VA |
Exemplary care from Dr. Rotter.
Potomac, MD |
Very caring and professional office and staff.
Falls Church, VA |
I've seen Dr Rotter each year now for at least 25 years. I always find her pleasant and professional yet friendly. She is competent and business like tending to my issues quickly with little fuss but always thorough.
Remington, VA |
I have seen Dr. Rotter since being diagnosed with Melanoma 5 years ago. She is very proactive and I am confident that I am in good hands.
Potomac, MD |
Dr. Rotter is an extraordinarily warm, responsive, bright, capable doctor. She is tuned in to current research and tuned in to patient's needs. I wish all of the doctors who treat me had many of her qualities!
Wichita, KS |
I have had trouble finding a Dermatologist in the area that I like, especially since I have a history of Melanoma. Dr. Rotter was wonderful. She took the time to examine me, ask and answer questions, and showed concern. I recommend her to everyone!
in Alexandria, VA |
Wonderful Doctor I have been going to her for years !!!
in Annandale. VA |
I always have refered as many of my patients and friends, as possible, to Frances Rotter, MD. I highly recommend her skill, care and judgement. B. T. Carr DDS (Ret)
Annandale, VA |
After reading some good reviews, I went to see Dr. Frances Rotter but was disappointed right about the time she started talking to me. She was condescending, cold, and rushed. I tried to explain my concerns and she would cut me off and presume to finish my sentences for me. It's a shame because the facilities are nice and very close to my office, but I rather drive a bit more to get a better dermatologist.
in Fairfax, VA |
First rate physician, smart, efficient, great manner.
Culpeper, VA |
I have always received excellent services when I have had appointment. The staff is efficient and friendly. I never feel rushed with Dr. Rotter. She has played a major roll in diagnosing and resolving many years with reoccurring skin cancer.
Great Falls, VA |
Great experience with practice. Easy to get appointment and staff friendly.
Alexandria, VA |
Exceptional doctor although very difficult to get appointment.
in Edinburg, VA |
I have been very pleased with the care Dr. Rotter has given me. I have had no problem getting an appointment. The office staff are all pleasant and helpful. I have friends who are also patients there and they told me how pleased they were of the care they received there. I feel fortunate to have found Dr, Rotter to take care of my skin problems.
Centreville, VA |
I have been going to Dr. Fran Rotter since 2004. It is always a pleasant experience. I find her very professional and efficiant.
in Arlington, VA |
I first visited Dr. Rotter in 2008 when someone suggested I get an irritated patch of skin on my back checked out. Dr. Rotter instantly diagnosed the issue as basal cell skin cancer. Dr. Rotter treated the problem and it was resolved in a relatively short period of time and never returned. I continue to see Dr. Rotter for an annual checkup. She is very thorough and instantaneously rules out those skin issues that are not a medical problem. I highly recommend Dr. Rotter.
in Berryville, VA |
Have been a patient of Dr. Rotter for several years based on recommendations from several family members. I always find the staff very friendly and efficient and Dr. Rotter is very thorough. I especially like the early hour appointments that allow me to get in and get out before rush hour traffic. Wait times are minimal. Worth the drive from the Winchester area.
Washington, DC |
Friendly staff and despite a full busy office I was moved in and through quickly. Dr. Rotter was friendly, direct and down to earth. Good experience!
Arlington, VA |
Dr. Rotter is the best! Love her! I've seen many dermatologists in the DC area, many of whom I have not trusted. She is very knowledgeable, friendly, affable and answers any questions directly and honestly.
in Woodbridge, VA |
Dr. Rotter is absolutely wonderful. She is great with my daughter who is terrified of doctors and needles. Dr. Rotter addresses her concerns and angst so well that she doesn't mind coming to see her. We trust Dr. Rotter to do any procedure she deems necessary.
Woodbridge, VA |
Great, great, great experiences from checkups to surgeries. The best dermatology practice in this area by far!
in Washington, DC |
DR Rotter is excellent, although you will have difficult time getting into see her. They usually direct you to a PA. It is difficult to keep up continuity of care as a result, especially important if you are a skin cancer patient. They did not allow me to pay my co-pay at time of service and then (for the second year in a row) will not bill you for co-pays, etc until the next fiscal year. Terrible Admin.
in Falls Church, VA |
Dr. Fran Rotter was very rude and wouldn't take the time to discuss my issues/concerns. She took one look at me and said I had rosacea and gave me a prescription for face ointment. I tried to ask about some other skin issues I had but she was in a hurry and seemed annoyed that I had additional questions. I obviously would not go back or recommend her to anyone.
in Falls Church, VA |
Dr Rotter is a caring, intelligent doctor who handles appointments professionally and efficiently.
in Falls Church, VA |
Not happy with my overall experience. I paid a $30 copay and traveled over 30 minutes for her to sit with me for 5 minutes. She told me theres nothing she can do for my skin and wrote me up a prescription for some pore unblocking cream and tried to send me on my way. Only 5 minutes? I started to ask her more questions to get more information out of her which she did give me some more info. She is very short, never gave me any useful information and is quite rude. I will never be returning.
Have you seen Dr. Frances Rotter, MD?
Are you Dr. Rotter?