Dr. Francis O'Donnell, DO

Neurology ·  Male · Age 60

Dr. O'Donnell
1509 Doctors Cir Wilmington, NC 28401

Dr. Francis O'Donnell, DO is a neurology specialist in Wilmington, NC and has been practicing for 34 years. He graduated from At Still University Health Sciences/Kirksville College Of Osteopathic Medicine in 1985 and specializes in neurology and headache management.

Dr. O'Donnell accepts

Dr. O'Donnell accepts the following insurance:

Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield
Tricare

No malpractice claims found for North Carolina

Check Dr. O'Donnell's experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. O'Donnell's Top Procedures and Conditions

All Headaches (incl. Migraine)

Dr. O'Donnell treats All Headaches (incl. Migraine) more than 99% of his peers

• Chronic Tension-Type Headache
  • Cluster Headache
  • Cough Headache
  • Drug Rebound Headache
  • Headaches (Shunt Related)
  • Hypertension Headache

• Tic Disorders
  • Tourette's Syndrome
  • Traumatic Brain Injury
  • Tremor

Dr. O'Donnell is a Board Certified Neurologist specializing in headache treatment and research. Dr. O'Donnell, was born and raised in northern New Jersey where he attended St. Peter's Preparatory School. Following high school graduation Dr. O'Donnell...

• Neurology

3.2

Dr. O'Donnell?
Dr. O'Donnell's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Francis O'Donnell, DO
Over 5 months has made me worse. Neither he, or his staff follow through on prescribed treatments. He is condescending, rude & dismissive. I get conflicting information with each visit about medications & why no one has done my prescriptions. He thinks everyone should fit into a cookbook protocol & blames you if this single minded approach fails. His medical staff is rude & always ready to blame someone else for their lack of work to help your case. Unfamiliar with & disinterested in my history.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Francis O'Donnell, DO?
No bedside manner. Rude and disrespectful. Does not explain medication management or treatments; does not listen to what has worked for the patient in the past. I’m fact, he doesn’t recall what he even did a week ago for his patient because he does not review the medical records prior to seeing the patient. Very condescending. Very pompous not to take other MD treatment plans into consideration. He tosses them out the door as if he’s too good to work with someone else. Bright lights need to go!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Francis O'Donnell, DO?
Dr. ODonnell helped me so much, trying different things over the years to get to the point where the placement of the injections kept my headaches and migraines in check for the 12 weeks between each injection appointment. He was very easy to talk to. When I called his assistant, I always received a returned call with an answer to my questions.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Francis O'Donnell, DO?
I saw Dr. O'Donnell for over a year for migraines and I would NEVER recommend him. It was great at first, but slowly he shifted me to seeing his physician assistant instead. When I did meet with him, he stopped listening. At first, he spent time with me, asked me questions, and seemed to listen. By the end I waited longer and longer to see him (even once I was back in the room) and when he came in he never listened and did whatever he wanted.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Francis O'Donnell, DO?
Do yourself a favor and read and believe the negative reviews. I would give zero stars if possible. Find another neurologist
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Francis O'Donnell, DO?
Dr. O'Donnell was arrogant, condescending and dismissive during my follow up visit after seeing him for debilitating post concussive headaches, etc. He seemed annoyed when I told him that the meds he prescribed at my first visit we're not helping. It never made sense to me why I was given 10 steroid pills for acute blinding headaches. I asked him to explain what could be going on neurologically after my head injury and his response was, "you had a concussion and now you have headaches". AVOID
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Francis O'Donnell, DO?
I have never written a review but thought it was necessary today. We just left our first visit with this physician and will not return. He was rude, dismissive, and impersonal! He did not listen to the history of my husbands symptoms over past 14 months just passed him off to see other physicians. I would discourage anyone from seeing him!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Francis O'Donnell, DO?
I have seen Dr. O'Donnell for the past few years. I've had chronic migraines for years and needed my FMLA certification updated because I had more than allowed last month. He refused to recertify me and I told him I could lose my job. He didn't care and went on with the apt while I am literally bawling my eyes out. It was truly unreal the way he treated me. At each appt. he swears he doesn't prescribe me certain medicines when he absolutely does. He is untrustworthy and appears to be uncaring.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Francis O'Donnell, DO?
As others have noted - he was condescending. I was trying to update him regarding my symptoms and experiences and he did not seem to take me seriously. His responses to my questions were snarky and dismissive. He has never discussed my condition with me or provided advice on how to deal with my condition - only prescribed medication. He got upset with me because the ER neurologist upped my dosage after 2 seizures in one night. A lab result showed the new dosage was still below treatment level.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Francis O'Donnell, DO?
He was very nice, listened to what I said and relied with plain words instead of doctorspeak
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Francis O'Donnell, DO?
I cannot in good faith ever recommend this physician. Dr. O'Donnell failed to address my concerns and discuss any diagnosis or thoughts on what might be happening. Our appointments were extremely brief (5 minutes) and merely consisted of him addressing me very condescendingly, adjusting my medications, and sending me on my way. I never truly felt that my experience, thoughts, or concerns were being taken seriously; I described the symptoms of my headache to him over and over again as thoroughly
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Francis O'Donnell, DO?
Abrupt and condescending. Does not take the time or make effort to explain himself. Appears annoyed when patients ask questions.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Francis O'Donnell, DO?
I am sure the Doctor is a smart and brilliant man, but I did not care for his interpersonal skills. He does not appear to be a good listener, and I always felt rushed. I changed doctors because he was not a good fit for me personally.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Francis O'Donnell, DO?
I've see this doctors several times over 5 years and I never will again. While I was reading my list of symptoms he yelled at me 3 times. I'm 38 on disability, degenerative brain disorder, and he was well aware of this knowing its why I couldn't respond quickly. He's well aware of how this affected me and still never apologized. The Pickerington office is clean, staff is friendly, but someone needs to teach this doctor what it means to "not due harm." Patients are vulnerable do not trust him.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Francis O'Donnell, DO?
Went to see him for headaches and dizziness. He couldn't determine why I was having either so he prescribed me an ANTI DEPRESSANT! Didn't tell me that's what it was, just handed me the script. I had to google it to find out. It's interesting that the side effects for this drug are headaches and dizziness....hmmm.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Francis O'Donnell, DO?
The worst doctor I have even seen in my 50 some odd years of life. He is rude, interrupts you as you attempt to answer his questions, walks in/out of exam room without explanation, etc...I could go on and on about this man's deficiencies as a physician. He was testing (I guess because he never told me what or why he was doing this) my neck range of motion. My neck will only turn so far due to a prior condition/surgery. Now my neck hurts and until he touched it...it hasn't hurt for years!!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Francis O'Donnell, DO?
Visited twice now and he does not answer questions, just says yep, ok. Didn't review my headache journal on my first followup, just said well come back in 6 weeks and stay on the medication. Still having issues seeing in my right eye and had four major attacks since he first prescribed the medicine, but he spent total of 5 minutes with me.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Francis O'Donnell, DO?
He didn't actively review my headache diary after the first visit. He took 1-2 hours to see me. He didn't really discuss his thoughts or ideas for treatment at all he just gave me my next treatment and sent me on my way.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Francis O'Donnell, DO?

How was your experience with Dr. O'Donnell?