Dr. Francis Johns, MD

Cosmetic, Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery •  Male • Age 54

Dr. Johns

Artisan Plastic Surgery

6154 State Route 30 Greensburg, PA 15601

Dr. Francis Johns, MD is a cosmetic, plastic & reconstructive surgery specialist in Greensburg, PA and has been practicing for 19 years. He graduated from University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine in 1995 and specializes in cosmetic, plastic & reconstructive surgery.

Compare Doctors

Quickly compare more Plastic Surgeons in your area

• Recent Reviews
    Reviews made in the last 30 days. See reviews
  • Explains Conditions Well
    Patients said this doctor explains conditions well. See reviews
  • Trustworthy
    Patients said this doctor is trustworthy. See reviews

Dr. Johns accepts

Dr. Johns accepts the following insurance:

Select
Amerihealth
Personal Choice PPO
Coventry Health Care
Coventry Health America PPO
Highmark Blue Cross Blue Shield
UPMC
UPMC PPO

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for Pennsylvania

Plastic Surgery

Plastic surgery is a surgical specialty that focuses on reconstruction of facial and body features damaged through injury, disease or birth defects in order to restore appearance and/or function.

Typically treats 97% more than their peers

Adjacent Tissue Transfer

Dr. Johns performs Adjacent Tissue Transfer more than 99% of their peers

Dr. Johns performs this procedure more than 99% of their peers

Capsular Contracture of Breast Implant

Dr. Johns treats Capsular Contracture of Breast Implant more than 93% of their peers

Dr. Johns treats this condition more than 93% of their peers

Breast Surgery

Breast surgery includes breast augmentation and breast reduction, which can be performed for cosmetic or medical reasons, as well as breast reconstruction following mastectomy.

Typically treats 91% more than their peers

• Head and Neck Surgery
  • Hidradenitis
  • Liposuction
  • Localized Fat Deposits
  • Moles (Benign Skin Lesions)
  • Nipple Fissure
  • Nipple Reconstruction
  • Nose Plastic Surgery (Rhinoplasty)
  • Oral and-or Facial Cleft
  • Skin and Tissue Reduction
  • Skin Grafts
  • Wound Repair

Help Improve Healthgrades

Does Dr. Francis Johns, MD...

Offer weekend visits?

Communicate via email?

Offer telehealth services or virtual visits?

Have free onsite parking?

Offer an online patient portal portal?

Dr. Johns' Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Johns

Dr. Johns?
Dr. Johns' Performance
What People Say About Dr. Francis Johns, MD
Have always been self conscious about my "double chin." I finally grew the courage to have a consult with Dr. Johns. Dr. Johns was so nice, and I immediately felt comfortable with him. Not to mention, his manners were reflected in his office staff. After my consultation, I decided to have submental liposuction. I had this procedure done in the office, and would 110% recommend it. I can take pictures now without having to worry about hiding my chin, not to mention feel comfortable with something that has bothered me for so long. If you are looking for a plastic surgeon, Dr. Johns is your guy!
Courtney – May 20, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Francis Johns, MD?
Having lost a significant amount of weight in my early 40’s, my experience with Dr. Johns & Artisan Plastic Surgery spans a ten-year time period. He has performed multiple procedures that have significantly boosted my morale, and enabled me to make a dedicated, long term commitment to a healthy lifestyle. Dr. Francis Johns is an extremely talented surgeon who embodies the highest level of care, concern, and respect for every patient. He listens to your requests and provides a thorough and detailed list of options, along with pros & cons. His approach is always both consistent and comprehensive. Similar traits and characteristics are also exemplified by the entire staff at Artisan Plastic Surgery and Delmont Surgical Center. From the greeting at the front door to your final follow-up, you get the personal and professional touch. Every step of the journey you meet a considerate & supportive team member who responds promptly to any requests & provides all guidance needed along the way!
May 20, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Francis Johns, MD?
Dr John's is very professional. My surgery and recovery went better than expected. Will not hesitate to have other procedures done!
Jan – Apr 06, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Francis Johns, MD?
I’m a 60 something female who looked in the mirror and could not believe the size of my waist. Did lots of research, met with Dr John, and had liposuction of my “trunk” I’m 7 weeks out and very pleased with my results so far. That said liposuction is tough. Used pain meds first 3 days. After that didn’t I took Advil. Sitting you have no pain. Standing no pain. But moving from one position to another is rough. Bruising quite a bit but that goes away in about a week and a half. Slept in a recliner for two weeks. Took 6 weeks to start to be able to “feel” areas treated. Like when you hit your funny bone, but all over treated area. I’m very pleased with Dr John and staff. Glad I had the procedure.
Feb 04, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Francis Johns, MD?
I went to Dr. Johns for breast augmentation, breast lift and dermabrasion on my cheeks. He did an amazing job and explained everything very well. He answered any questions I had, considering this was my first major surgery. I would definitely recommend him to others. I am very happy with how my breast augmentation, dermabrastion on my cheeks and breast lift turned out.
Dec 26, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Francis Johns, MD?
Terrible experience! i had a breast reduction and came out with my boobs all messed up and looks awful!!
Dec 04, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Francis Johns, MD?
Dr Johns was excellent and so was his staff
Apr 28, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Francis Johns, MD?
Very ungappy. Went to hom for liposuction on my arms. Never informed me until followup two month later that i would need a second procedure to remove hangjng skin
Annie in Monroeville, PA – Nov 24, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Francis Johns, MD?
I was going to be in PA on a visit but heard through the grapevine not only does he botch up surgeries but has multi lawsuits against his patients? Really?? No thank you! Very Interesting.. in my own opinion.
GA – Sep 24, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Francis Johns, MD?
I had breast implants removed due to Breast Implant Illness. Dr Johns has the expertise needed to remove the capsules as well as implants which is very important. He is compassionate and extremely talented as a surgeon and would definitely recommend him as a surgeon. I do not recommend breast augmentation for anyone however and if you are considering it do your research on breast implant illness and consider a fat transfer and/or lift instead.
Anonymous in Pittsburgh – Feb 18, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Francis Johns, MD?
I will always recommend everyone to see Dr. Johns.
Sarah in PA – Jan 31, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Francis Johns, MD?
I went to Dr. Johns for removal of a large dark spot on my head near the front of my hairline. I was worried previous to the procedure that after the removal I would have a bald spot and a big scar from the removal. Dr. Johns did the procedure quickly & efficiently, reassuring me the whole time that there would be no noticeable scar or bald spot. After healing, there is no scar or bald spot, I was ecstatic. I will definitely go back in the future for more procedures.
Jan 29, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Francis Johns, MD?
Took my father to him for a large spot on his face, which we promptly found out was melanoma. He got him on for surgery within 2 days and was able to remove all of it and with only a small skin graft that looks great. His calm demeanor helped to put all of us at ease and his skill is evident in the results.
Jan 29, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Francis Johns, MD?
I heard of Dr. Johns' office through a close friend. She encouraged me to call for an appointment. So glad I did! Dr. Johns and his staff were very helpful and calmed me through my whole process. His Clinical staff member offered to "hold my hand" through my in office procedure. Helped me relax and before I realized it, Dr. Johns had completed his surgery on my neck. Definitely will call Dr. Johns office if I would need his expertise in the future!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Francis Johns, MD?
Excellent experience with Dr. Johns and his office! His staff was very friendly and helpful to pair well with his wonderful bedside manner. He made me feel very comfortable in his care right from the consult and that continued throughout my entire experience. I had brachioplasty surgery (arms), something that had been troubling me for years and I truly couldn't be happier with my results. I can now wear tank tops without feeling judged on my large arms!!! I would recommend him to everyone!!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Francis Johns, MD?
I was referred to Dr. Johns by my primary care physician for a breast reduction. After having problems all of my life, I finally decided to take the jump & have the surgery done. I could not of been happier with Dr. Johns & Staff. As nervous as I was to even discuss the thought of having surgery, Dr. Johns quickly made me feel comfortable & confident in the decision I was about to make. Needless to say I FEEL & LOOK AMAZING!! I would recommend him to anyone and everyone! Thank you Dr. Johns!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Francis Johns, MD?
I'm so glad I chose Dr. Johns. His knowledge and demeanor really gave me the confidence that he was the right surgeon for me, and it helps that he has operated on half of my friends, and all with exceptional results. I was no different. My result was amazing! I can't thank Dr. Johns enough!
Greensburg, PA – Nov 22, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Francis Johns, MD?
practiced on my face and ruined it. looking at my "after" it seem like i was his first patient he worked on, he totally screwed up my face and put fat lumps everywhere that are so noticeable. hes too much in a rush to get finished with you so he can start on his next victim. totally disfigured
horrible end results in Allison Park, PA – Oct 05, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Francis Johns, MD?
I have had several procedures done by Dr Johns (breast augmentation and lower bleph with fat redistribution.RESULTS from meeting with the staff through my post op.GREAT!Results are just what he said and could not be more pleased:) Dr Johns is a true specialist in his field:)Ty for mostly everyone guessing my age to be 10 years or more less!:)
Pittsburgh, PA – Feb 13, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Francis Johns, MD?
I went to have dark spots removed from my arms.It was a young relative of his that attempted to do this to me. Unfortunately she made some of them permanent scars from the burns she gave me and some of them just DARKER! Then explained while doing it that the machine was 12 yrs old. Now I have to go somewhere else to get these fixed.. what huge mistake going there. To make it worse the girl was terribly sick,coughed directly in my face and (of course)made me very sick. Just a horrible,unpro place
Disappointed in Greensburg, PA – Jan 16, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Francis Johns, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Johns?

• Cosmetic, Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery