Dr. Francis J. Clark, MD

Dr. Francis J. Clark, MD

Ophthalmology | Male | 56 years old

79 reviews| Leave a review
You've got options
Here's a few other providers to consider
Filter Your Results

Dr. Clark specializes in Ophthalmology and practices in Blue Bell, PA. He practices at 7 locations.

Are you Dr. Clark? Add your own statement here.

Dr. Clark's Experience

See how Dr. Clark's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Clark

Dr. Clark accepts 17 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 4 hospitals where Dr. Clark has admitting privileges.

Dr. Clark's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Clark to family and friends
Dr. Clark's Performance
in Doylestown Pa |
Dr Clark saved me from having unnecessary cataract surgery that was recommended by my previous eye surgeon. Tremendous doctor with very engaging bedside manner. John T. Doylestown Pa
in Ambler |
During a routine exam by Dr. Clarke, he found a problem when my vision was fading out. He thought it was due to my left carotid artery being blocked, and he recommended that I immediately go to the Emergency Room @ Abington Hospital. During my scan, they found my left carotid artery to be 90% blocked, and found right to be 80% blocked. It was immediately fixed as I was told that if I didn't have it fixed i could have a plaque brake off and cause blindness or stroke. If it hadn't been for Dr. Cl
Doylestown |
Thank you to Dr Clark for my perfect vision. He can see everything without glasses. He was the only surgeon willing to do this without charging me extra money. There is not a more generous and ethical surgeon than he.
in Conshohocken, PA |
I always have a great experience at Dr. Clark's office. Friendly, knowledgable staff. I would't trust anyone else with my eye care!
Ambler, PA |
Awesome! Great staff, knows his stuff!
in Abington Pa |
Excellent caring physician with remarkable clinical skills. He patiently listens and explains in detail. He has always been availabile for me. He is the most dedicated kind physician I have ever encountered.
blue bell pa |
attitude
in Ambler, PA |
I liked the services and care provided by Dr. Clark. He was highly efficient and professional. But I like his demeanor as a doctor even better. He is kind, polite, pleasant, optimistic, and encouraging. He takes his time and his movements are not rushed and chaotic. He speaks with a lot of reserve. Overall, I would highly recommend
in Willow Grove, PA |
My recent experience with Wills Eye and Dr Clark was life transforming. The care given and the expertise of Clark was remarkable!
in Phila Pa |
I recently switched to this office after a terrible experience with another. Amazingly, the experience with this practice was absulutely superior from the attitude of the staff to the results of laser surgery for my cataracts. I give the entire office your highest rating! Dr. Clark is a true gem!
in Philadelphia, PA |
New to this practice and doctor. Dr clark found a melanom in my eye on my first exam with him and I just saw an eye doctor 2 months ago. Clark saved my eye and life according to specialist at Wills. Clark exam was very lengthy and thorough.
in Philadelphia, PA |
I didn't deal with Dr, Clark, but my fully insured daughter and I dealt with his extremely rude staff today, when a clerical mistake by Blue Cross kicked back the referral. Office receptionist Jessica was rude, snickering at my daughter, telling her she couldn't be seen today. Then, office worker Stephanie tried to incite trouble, by literally bumping into me when we were in a heated discussion . Manager Renee was polite but ineffective in resolving our issue. This doc doesn't hire well.
in Abington, Pa |
My husband was a trauma patient at abington hospital with brain damage and bleeding behind his eye. A very caring, confident eye doctor came out to examine him in the late evening and was very kind, professinal, and cnfident. He performed an emergency, quick procedure on him and I am told , saved his vision. Many thanks to Dr Clark for your professional care. The only caring doctor we dealt with through this horrible event.
in Philadelphia, PA |
Office staff needs customer service training--as good as doctor Clarke maybe, his staff is the 1st point of contact and can be perceived as rude and non-helpful. I have sat there and watched the way they interacted with some of the older patients and it is just so wrong. If you place a call to their office 9 and of 10 times, you are placed on hold, most recent was 15 minutes, ended up hanging up I stopped using Doctor Clarke due to his staff--
in New York, NY |
As an Advanced Practice Nurse as well as a nursing instructor I scrutinize all aspects of the healthcare I receive from the physician and entire staff. After working directly with and/or observing physicians for close to 30 years I have yet met a better practice than Dr Clark and his entire staff for setting the standard of being entirely patient centered. The true kindness and dedication to absolute perfection is a unique attribute of Dr Clark.
in Ardmore Pa. |
Oct 1st, 2016 before having cataract surgery I would strongly recommend getting a second opinion. A eye surgeon basically scared me into my need for an urgent cataract surgery with new laser technology I was led to believe that the surgery was needed for my ability to drive. I was also told it was necessary to pay thousands of dollars extra for the laser technology as this was my only option At the suggestion of my family doctor I saw Clark for second Opinion. I knew it...I don't need surgery!
Piscataway, NJ |
After doing 6 months of research and visiting 5 surgical opinions I was sure I selected the absolute best, most cutting edge surgeon for my cataract surgery. I was assured after the initial evaluation when he spent a great amount of time doing the most detailed thorough exam ever. His dedication to perfection was seen through the care of the entire staff. Incredibly, he is the sole surgeon I saw who doesn't charge extra money for advanced cataract surgery. Worth getting a second opinion!
I am not totally sure what is going on . paid thousands of dollars to have the premium laser technology for cataract surgery for my 1st eye . I am miserable . went to Dr Clark for 2nd eye i see all for both reading & reading . still confused why dr clark did not charge me for this gift . this doctor is the most ethical doctor ever! !!
in Ambler, PA |
The entire staff in the office and surgery center are the friendliest, courteous, and most professional people you could ask for from a doctor's office. The doctor I see is Dr. Clark and I can't say enough positive attributes about him. Wonderful, kind doctor.
I first met Dr. Clark when my usual optomologist was unable to be reached and I was in great pain. I was blown away by the time spent and the thoroughness of Dr. Clark. I wasn't even his patient. Needless to say, I am now a patient with Clark!
in Abington, PA |
The most levelheaded doctor and caring staff! Dr. Clark did laser cataract surgery and results were life changing... neighbors, brother and husband followd behind in turn. All experiences were exceptional and I strongly endorse Dr. C. to all!
in Abington, Pa. |
DR. Clark and his staff surpass excellence in their interaction with their patients. They shine when it comes to comfort, care and meeting your specific needs. I would wish Dr Clark to be my health care provider for all my medical needs. I receive letters and timely calls from the doctor at all times showing concern for my health...first time in 70 years of seeing doctors!
One of the best, most genuine Doctor's that I ever had! Very professional, he even returned a phone call to me late in the evening and on weekends, at all hours! I highly recommend!
Dr. Clark is the most kind and compassionate doctor I have yet to meet. His office is well run, cutting edge, and professional. One is treated like family throughout the visist. I have never had to wait more than 15 minutes for an appointment. Even though he is abviously busy and in demand, one is treated with respect, not a number. I would Very Highly recommend him to everyone seeking a knowledgeable ophthalmologist!
in Ambler Pa. |
true definition of a kind professional Doctor with great bedside manner
in Penn Valley, PA |
What a difference Dr. Francis Clark made in my life! Being blind in one eye, I was hesitant to proceed with cataract suregry in my only good eye. After much research and several consults with other surgeons, I asked Dr Clark to proceed with the surgery, I was never uncomfortable and was always clearly informed on everything happening by Dr. Clark and his office staff and surgery center staff. I highly recommend Dr. Francis Clark.
by Rebecca W on Apr 2nd, 2016 Dr Francis Clark and his staff of eye doctors are the absolute best. You won't find better care anywhere. Rebecca W. Hatboro, Pa
in Philadelphia, PA |
Perfect combination of gifted surgeon, with an excellent bedside manner.
Have you seen Dr. Francis J. Clark, MD?
Are you Dr. Clark?

Compare Dr. Clark

Dr. Clark's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Ophthalmology
  •  Board certified in Ophthalmology
  •  Malpractice claims in Pennsylvania not available

Dr. Clark has no media or publications listed.

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Pennsylvania.

Why It Matters: Dr. Clark's Board Certifications

• Dacryoadenitis
  • Diabetic Eye Disease
  • Diabetic Retinopathy
  • Diplopia
  • Drooping Eyelids (Ptosis)
  • Drusen
  • Retinal Detachment and Retinal Tear
  • Retinal Hemorrhage
  • Retinal Neovascularization
  • Retinal Vein Occlusion
  • Retinopathy of Prematurity (ROP)
  • Senile Cataracts
  • Uveitis and Iridocyclitis
  • Visual Field Defects
  • Vitreous Hemorrhage
  • Wet Age-Related Macular Degeneration

Jefferson Medical College Of Thomas Jefferson University, Thomas Jefferson University

Graduated in 1986

Vanderbilt University

Completed in 1991

Dr. Clark does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Clark and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Ophthalmology