Colon & Rectal Surgery  |
Dr. Francesco Grasso, MD
Dr. Francesco Grasso, MD is a colon & rectal surgery doctor who practices in Towson, MD. He is 60 years old and has been practicing for 37 years. Dr. Grasso is affiliated with Medstar Union Memorial Hospital, UM Upper Chesapeake Medical Center, MedStar Good Samaritan Hospital and Greater Baltimore Medical Center.

Greater Baltimore Colorectal Specialists

• CareFirst Blue Cross Blue Shield
  • CoreSource
  • Coventry Health Care of Delaware

Learn about Dr. Grasso

Dr. Grasso believes in delivering outstanding quality personalized care in the comfort and privacy of his offices and surgery/endoscopy center. Dr. Grasso is a strong advocate of continuing medical education, attends several national and local meeting, performs advanced laparoscopic and anorectal procedures.

Dr. Grasso's Experience

Dr. Grasso's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Colon & Rectal Surgery

• Crohn's Disease
  • Diverticulosis
  • Fecal Incontinence
  • Genital Warts
  • HPV (Human Papillomavirus)
  • Hemorrhoids

• Colon and Rectal Surgery
  • Colonoscopy
  • Colonoscopy, Proctosigmoidoscopy, and Sigmoidoscopy
  • Destruction of Anal Tumor
  • Enterostomy (Laparoscopic or Open)
  • Excision of Rectal Tumor
  • Hemorrhoidectomy or Excision of Anal Tags
  • Hernia Repair
  • Incisional Hernia Repair, Laparoscopic
  • Incontinence Surgery
  • Intestinal Transplant (incl. Enterectomy)
  • Laparoscopic Surgical Procedure
  • Laparotomy
  • Laser Surgery
  • Manometry
  • Microsurgical Procedure
  • Open Incisional and-or Ventral Hernia Repair
  • Pelvic Exenteration (For: Gynecologic, Urinary, or Colorectal Malignancy)
  • Proctectomy, Open or Laparoscopic (incl. Swenson and Duhamel Procedures)
  • Rectal Surgery
  • Sphincter Reserving Surgery
  • Sphincterotomy
  • Ultrasound

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Maryland.

• Chirurgia Generale Universita La Sapienza
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 1974
  • Universita Campus Bio-Medico Di Roma, Facolta Di Medicina E Chirurgia
    Medical School | Graduated 1980
  • New York Hospital Of Queens
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1985
  • New York Hospital Of Queens
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1989
  • Greater Baltimore Med Ctr (Gbmc)
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1990
  • Chirurgia Generale Universita La Sapienza
    Other Education | Completed 1984

Dr. Grasso has no media or publications listed.

• Italian

Dr. Grasso does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Grasso and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Grasso's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Grasso to family and friends
4.1
Dr. Grasso's Performance
Bel Air, MD |
DR GRASSO & PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL STAFF, PROVIDES YOU WITH THE CARE & MEDICAL TREATMENT THAT EVERYBODY WOULD LIKE TO EXPERIENCE WHEN YOU ARE IN A NEED OF MEDICAL ATTENTION
in Cochranville, PA |
I've been a patient of Dr. Grasso for 19 years. He is highly concerned about the well-being of his patients. He listens not only to your to problem but also to your concerns and fears. His responses are very calming. The doctor's whole staff (scheduling, nurses, techs, etc.) is very responsive to your needs and concerns also. I highly recommend this doctor and his practice.
in Bel Air, MD |
I was pretty afraid to schedule my colonoscopy but I am soooooo glad it's over now! His staff seems to really love him and that speaks volumes, to me at least! Dr. Grasso is not a very "chatty" guy (hence the very short wait time) though he does make sure you understand everything he is saying and exactly what to expect. I would highly recommend Dr. Grasso and his staff! Most importantly, if you haven't had your over 50 colonoscopy yet, DO IT........... The colon cleansing is the worst part
in Bel Air, MD |
I've been a patient of Dr. Grasso since 2002. He explains procedures to you so you now what to expect. He also makes recommendations for one to improve their health. I highly recommend Dr. Grasso.
Great Dr, fantastic staff,wonderful bedside manner, thanks for the care and concern.
Towson, MD |
Dr. Grasso's communication was not very good. He did not explain the level of pain or the long recovery period associated with the outpatient procedure he performed (so all of those things came as a surprise), and when I had complications during the healing process he ignored some of my requests for more information. During office visits he seemed aggravated if I didn't understand his explanations and asked for clarification. Helpful staff, but I would not recommend Dr. Grasso to anyone.
in Emmitsburg, md |
I was beyond impressed with my experience at Dr. Francesco Grasso’s office. I would highly recommend this medical group (The Endoscopy Center at Bel Air)! The offices were clean and they ran on time. My entire experience from my first phone call to the moment I walked out the door was beyond positive. I am very happy my wife recommended that I see Dr. Grasso. Dr. Grasso was amazing!
in Emmitsburg, MD |
I was beyond impressed with my experience at Dr. Francesco Grasso’s office. I would highly recommend this medical group! The offices were clean and they ran on time. My entire experience from my first phone call to the moment I walked out the door was beyond positive. I am grateful to have found Dr. Grasso whom is hands-down one of the best medical doctors I have seen in my 50 years of life! Dr. Grasso was amazing and his demeanor and bed-side manner was awesome.
Randallstown, MD |
Procedure was done at the Bel Air center. Personnel were knowledgeable and friendly, they put us at ease. Very professional staff, the doctor was very late : ( but the staff had everyone ready to go when he did arrive so we were able to get through in a reasonable time frame.
in Havre de Grace |
I would absolutely recommend Dr Grasso and his staff to anyone looking for good old fashioned patient care. I had my preliminary visit with Dr Grasso and lightly mentioned my concern about being perforated during colonoscopy. He stood up and gently invited me into his office where he quietly and patiently addressed my concern with factual reassuarance. On the day of my procedure, everyone from the front desk back was kind and helpful. I could've asked any question of any person.
in Cecil County md |
He is excellent!!! I just started seeing him for some issues. Dr Grasso has stayed on top with helping me .The office visits are right on time .Never have to wait long. Also the staff is very friendly .So on that note thank u for all u have done ?? See you soon ??
Laplata MD |
Dr.Grasso is an awesome surgeon he successfully removed my entire colon and rectum using laparoscopic surgery! He's straight forward but yet warming and most of of all he KNOWS what he's doing! I will highly recommend Dr.Grasso! Thank you Dr.Grasso and team!
in Reisterstown, MD |
He has a direct approach and knowledgeable about the procedures.
in Bel Air, MD |
Dr. Grasso is an excellent doctor, who has the ultimate bedside manner and is very knowledgeable. His office setup of dual monitors, which allows the patient to view what he is typing during a consultation is both unique and most helpful. He has provided me with 5-start treatment for the last 18 years. He performed my colonoscopy today and did a fantastic job as expected.
Baltimore, Md |
The ladies in charge of running the office weren't very friendly to me,as I needed a receipt for paying my doctor's bill.The one in the back of the office kept questioning me why I needed the receipt. Then she got all personal with me and voiced her opion on my personal life.Tey don't have an appropiate billing system.Now I have to take the office a copy of my money order to the office again .It got cashed 3 weeks ago,and billing person never posted payment.Nobody ever returned my calls previous
in Baltimore, MD |
I had a fissurectomy / sphincterectomy done at his Bel Air location on 12/2/16 , initially I was apprehensive ( more like a combination of scared/nervous)...I'm sooooooo grateful to Dr. Grasso for giving me my life back with this particular surgery! He is very professional and knows what he's talking about ! I wouldn't hesitate to recommend him to any one dealing with colorectal issues.
in Baltimore, MD |
This Doctor's staff are incompetent and can't seem to schedule an appointment. After repeated problems with scheduling I ultimately received a call five days prior to the appointment saying that something had come up and the doctor wouldn't be in the office on the afternoon of my appointment. Also, the first thing they ask you for when you call is your insurance coverage details. Your name or medical reason for calling are of secondary importance.
Bel Air, MD |
Very professional and timely with seeing patients with scheduled appointments. During office visits, the doctor uses a computer with a dual monitor when entering all you necessary health information and symptoms thus allowing the patient to read everything on the screen as it is inputted for accuracy. The use of the dual monitor also allows the patient to read the diagnoses made by the doctor and treatment plan given as well.
in Abingdon, MD |
My wife went to him. He came highly recommended. He did a colonoscopy and removed some of the cancerous tumor. I was very thankful for that. We went for a follow up exam and he did more cutting on my wife without any numbing other than baby numbs it. It was done in his office and not in a hospital setting were they had all the right medical supplies and equipment. So beware. It was like medieval day surgery. Steer clear if you value your life.
in Felton, PA |
I recently had a colonoscopy by Dr. Grasso and it was completely painless and his staff was very professional and made the procedure as relaxing and comfortable as possible. At the follow-up consultation Dr. Grass took the time to go over the results and answer any questions that I had. If you need this procedure, I would certainly recommend going with Dr. Grasso.
in Lutherville Timonium, MD |
Direct and to the point.... Knows his field!!!!
in Baltimore, MD |
Much admiration and respect for Dr. Grasso along with everyone on his office staff. My problems are explained. Solutions are provided along with seeing it all on a large monitor screen in his office. Located on the patient side of the desk, it makes the images easy to see. Dr. Grasso is extremely knowledgeable and is one of the leading Doctors in the country in his field. Instead of the office calling with results of biopsies, the patient is instructed to call the office for results.
in Baltimore, MD |
This was the first colonoscopy where I was provided pictures and thoroughly examined. Dr. Grasso took the time to talk to me and listen to my concerns. In addition, his staff is very caring and professional with patients.
in Bel Air, MD |
excellent facility, staff, and the complete information dr. grosso gave me.
Baltimore, MD |
As an educator, I'm held accountable for my actions. Response to communication from parents is held to a 24 hour window. I have patiently waited for over a month for someone to remedy a specific situation with me, related to a scheduled colonoscopy with Dr. Grasso that was confirmed by the hospital and that I showed up over an hour early for. I was told by the hospital (after fasting and taking all laxatives) that Dr. Grasso had cancelled the procedure. No one from the office called to tell me
Waited exactly an hour without explanation. Doctor seemed distract. He asked me if I had a symptom three times in my short visit, even after it was the reason I said I was there. He scheduled me for serious tests without explanation.
Ellicott City, MD |
Dr. Grasso is excellent at what he does and he has become an important part of maintaining my health and managing dysplasia. He also did my colonoscopy. Over time he has developed a rapport with me that I appreciate - informative, courteous, to the point, and efficient. His waiting time is always very long but I build that in because he's the best there is, and my health is important enough.
Excellent service. Proffesional staff. Great facilities.
Churchville, MD |
I have been a patient for 7 years and Dr. Grasso has performed surgery for Diverticulitis. He has always been very professional to the point of visiting me in the hospital after surgery.
in Glenwood, MD |
I had a hemorrhoidectomy recently and my experience was horrible. Dr. Grasso didn?t prepare me for the pain in my pre-procedures consult, he didn?t use the proper amount of local anesthesia during the procedure so I felt every cut and stitch and post op he wouldn?t change my pain medication when it made me sick to my stomach. He is quite possibly the worst physician I have ever been exposed to. I work in the medical field and have been exposed to hundreds of doctors and he is by far the worst
Have you seen Dr. Francesco Grasso, MD?
Are you Dr. Grasso?

• Coventry Health Care of Delaware
    Coventry Health Care of Delaware HMO
    Medicare Advantage HMO
  • Kaiser Permanente
  • Mail Handlers Benefit Plan (MHBP)
  • Medicare