Dr. Florian Ploch, MD

Dr. Florian Ploch, MD

Radiation Oncology  ·

Dr. Florian Ploch, MD is a radiation oncology specialist in Vacaville, CA and has been practicing for 45 years. He specializes in radiation oncology and radiology.Read his story

NorthBay Cancer Center

1020 Nut Tree Rd Ste 190

Vacaville, CA 95687

• Anthem Blue Cross
  • Health Net
  • HealthSmart
  • Mail Handlers Benefit Plan (MHBP)
  • Medicare
  • Private HealthCare Systems
  • Western Health Advantage

Learn about Dr. Ploch

See how frequently Dr. Ploch performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Cancer
high

Dr. Ploch's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

Dr. Ploch's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Ploch "To me, radiation oncology is fascinating. It's such a complex treatment method. When I was in medical school and saw the results of surgery compared to radiation -it seemed to offer such a great treatment alternative. Half of the patients who come to NorthBay, with any type of cancer, benefit from radiation, often in conjunction with surgery and chemotherapy. I treat patients age 18 and above. I don't treat patients like patients. I treat them like people. I really enjoying meeting them and getting to know their story. My patients say that I'm a good communicator. I like to explain things in detail. After an appointment with me, I want patients to feel less fearful and more relaxed than when they came in. Patients are afraid about the affects of radiation and the potential side effects. I'm here to help answer any questions and alleviate fears. I see about 30 patients a day, but I communicate with them on a one-to-one basis. It's natural for me to do this. Patients don't feel like a number when they are in my office. I don't have a typical day, but I spend a lot of time helping patients understand their radiation oncology treatment and plan. My favorite part about my job is when someone comes into my office and tells me they are in remission. Outside of work, my wife and I enjoy gardening and walking our dog."

This content was provided by Dr. Ploch "Dr. Ploch enjoys meeting his patients and getting to know their story. He wants his patients to feel like an individual, not a number. He answers his patient's questions and addresses their fears while helping them educate themselves in their illness."

• Radiation Oncology

• Cancer Pain Management
  • Cancer Treatment
  • External Beam Radiotherapy
  • High-Dose Rate (HDR) Brachytherapy
  • Image-Guided Radiation Therapy (IGRT)
  • Intensity-Modulated Radiation Therapy (IMRT)
  • Mammosite Catheter Insertion
  • Prostate Brachytherapy
  • Prostate Radioactive Seed Implants
  • Radiation Oncology Procedures
  • Radiation Therapy
  • Stereotactic Body Radiotherapy (SBRT)
  • Stereotactic Radiosurgery
  • Stereotactic Radiosurgery, Spinal or Cranial
  • Stereotactic Surgery

No malpractice history found for California.

• University Of Tennessee Health Science Center College Of Medicine
    Medical School | Graduated 1971
  • Confederate Meml Med Center
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1973
  • Confederate Meml Med Center
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1973
  • Mt Zion Hospital
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1976

Dr. Ploch has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Ploch does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Ploch and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Ploch's Reviews