Dr. Fletcher Hartsell III, MD

Neurology | Male

Dr. Fletcher Hartsell III, MD
Dr. Fletcher Hartsell III, MD is a neurology doctor who practices in Durham, NC. He is 41 years old and has been practicing for 11 years. Dr. Hartsell III is affiliated with Duke University Hospital.

Dr. Hartsell III's Care Philosophy

Neurologic conditions can be scary and neuroimmunologic conditions even more so. It's easy to feel in the dark about what is happening. I approach patient care with just as much attention to empowering education as I do to disease management. I strive to %"turn the lights on%" so people know more about their conditions what to expect and (most importantly) what we can do about them. If we ever meet don't be surprised if I quote John Steinbeck or offer advice on your next mobile device.

Dr. Hartsell III's Experience

See how Dr. Hartsell III's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Hartsell III

Dr. Hartsell III accepts 5 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Hartsell III has admitting privileges.

Dr. Hartsell III's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Hartsell III to family and friends
2.4
Dr. Hartsell III's Performance
    FAIR
in Decatur, GA |
Unfortunately my experience with Dr Hartsell and painful and frustrating. Largely due to the administrative side of attaining my MR. What prompted me to seek a new neurologist was a total lack of understanding and compassion. I arrived 24 minutes late for an appointment. Clearly my problem(tending to my husband who had an emergency root canal). The issue is I called twice and let them know they said ok and still canceled my appt. So I never got started on meds for my MS. Horrible.
Wilmington, NC |
Saw Dr. Hartsell yesterday for the first time. We waited a while to be seen BUT that speaks volumes. Typically if you have to wait for the doctor it means they are taking the time to listen and help their patients. He spent an hour going through my diagnosis, he listened to all my questions and had an answer for everything. He actually took the time and made me a diagram discussing MS and how it effects the brain. I look forward to working with Dr. Hartsell.
Christiansburg, VA |
I thought Dr. Hartsell listened to my concerns and answered questions very well. He seemed compassionate and caring during the entire visit. He didn't seemed rushed when I asked him several questions and I thought he was patient in explaining his thoughts and diagnosis to me.
in NC |
While he was very knowledgable about his area of expertise, he had very little compassion and would not listen to concerns placed by me and my family. If we did not agree with his method of treatments he was very standoffish and rude. If I had felt more at ease with him, I definitely would have stayed at the 1L clinic. When you cry or walk out of the office mad then it's time to cut your losses, despite how much you love the facility.
Have you seen Dr. Fletcher Hartsell III, MD?
Are you Dr. Hartsell III?

Compare Dr. Hartsell III

Dr. Hartsell III's Care Philosophy

Dr. Hartsell III's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Neurology
  •  No board certification on record with Healthgrades

No malpractice history found for North Carolina.

• Alzheimer's Disease
  • Idiopathic Intracranial Hypertension
  • Inflammatory and Toxic Neuropathy
  • Insomnia
  • Meningiomas
  • Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
  • Muscular Dystrophy (MD)
  • Myasthenia Gravis
  • Narcolepsy and Cataplexy
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Normal Pressure Hydrocephalus
  • Syncope
  • Syphilis Infections
  • Temporal Arteritis
  • Thrombosis
  • Transient Ischemic Attack (TIA)
  • Tremor
  • Trigeminal Neuralgia
  • Vasculitis
  • Vertigo

Univ Of Nc Chapel Hill Sch Of Med

Graduated in 2006

Dr. Hartsell III does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Hartsell III and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Neurology