Orthopedic Surgery  |
Dr. Firooz Amjadi, MD
Dr. Firooz Amjadi, MD is an orthopedic surgery doctor who practices in Bakersfield, CA. He is 58 years old and has been practicing for 23 years. Dr. Amjadi is affiliated with Adventist Health Bakersfield.

Chester Medical Clinic

2701 Chester Ave Ste 202

Bakersfield, CA 93301

Dr. Firooz Amjadi, MD

• Accepts most major Health Plans. Please contact our office for details.
  • Anthem Blue Cross
  • Blue Shield of California
  • California Foundation for Medical Care
  • Health Net
  • HealthSmart - Interplan Health Group
  • Networks By Design
  • Three Rivers Provider Network

Learn about Dr. Amjadi

Dr. Amjadi uses minimally invasive and cutting edge technology to help reduce pain and accelerate recovery while improving functionality for his patients. Dr. Amjadi is committed to excellence by pledging to provide the highest quality of orthopedic care possible.

Dr. Amjadi's Experience

Dr. Amjadi's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Orthopedic Surgery

• Sacrum Disorders
  • Thoracic Spine Fracture

• Dural Repair or Other Spinal Cord Repair
  • Herniated Disc Surgery
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Orthopedic Surgical Procedures
  • Percutaneous Vertebroplasty
  • Spinal Compression Fracture Repair
  • Spinal Fusion

No malpractice history found for California.

• University Of Michigan / Ann Arbor
  • Cedar-Sinai Med Ctr/UCLA
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2003
  • University Of Michigan / Ann Arbor
    Other Education | Completed 1980

Dr. Amjadi has no media or publications listed.

• California Orthopaedic Association, Member

Dr. Amjadi's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Amjadi to family and friends
Dr. Amjadi's Performance
in Bakersfield, CA |
Dr. Amjadi has nursed me through my various back issues with excellence and professionalism. Dr. Amjadi is thorough with after care instructions and the ramifications of not following these instructions. Dr. Amjadi's expertise is not only in orthopedics but also neurology which makes him the best candidate to perform any procedure with nerve involvement. His staff friendly, efficient, accommodating to my last minute requests, dogged with insurance issues and even remember my name.
in Bakersfield, CA |
I dealt with extreme pain in my neck and shoulders for over 2 years, which culminated in severe numbness and pain in the left arm/hand and loss of grip. I was scared when I was referred for surgery but he was thorough in diagnosing my condition and presenting me with option. I ended up having cervical fusion surgery (anterior and posterior) over a two day period. Immediately after the surgeries, I regained use of my left hand and was pain free. Both he and staff are AWESOME!
Bakersfield, CA |
I will go back to have him do my second surgery. Besides manner and his assistant is a little rough but worth it for his surgical excellence.
in Bakersfield, CA |
Need more stars......I would recommend Dr. Amjadi 100%. Dr. Amjadi is very thorough and takes his time explaining your procedure. I felt comfortable throughout the whole process. His entire office staff, surgical staff and personal asst.(Angie Cohen) are the absolute best in the industry. Angie spent quite a bit of time on the phone with me. She answered every question I asked of her and was, genuinely compassionate, personable and honest. Thank you to the Whole Staff!! I Feel Great!
Bakersfield, CA |
I'm a nurse, and several colleagues of mine as well as my primary doctor recommended Dr. Amjadi when I needed a cervical decompression and fusion. I was not expecting to have such an easy recovery and perfect results. It's about 6 weeks out, and I'm still feeling grateful and lucky. The pain, numbness, and tingling I was experiencing 24/7 are gone. Thank you Dr Amjadi and your friendly and helpful office staff!
Bakersfield, CA |
Dr. Amjadi was able to diagnose my problem when everyone else missed it. He let me decide which coarse of treatment I was comfortable with. He and his team were great. After only 2 weeks post op I am now virtually pain free, aside from surgery site (which healing great).
in Tehachapi, CA |
After two visits, he was able to diagnose, recommend a procedure, and successfully treat the source of my pain. I would highly recommend Dr. Amjadi ... I immediately felt comfortable with him, and his staff members are very friendly, courteous and professional. A well-run office.
in Tehachapi, CA |
Dr Amjadi is one of the kindest and most attentive physician I've had the privilege to meet (and I'm a nurse/sugery tech). He and his assistant Angie made me feel as if I was their only concern at that moment. I did not feel rushed and felt very confident in his diagnosis and plan. I would highly recommend Dr. Amjadi to anybody.
in Bakersfield, CA |
I am VERY pleased with the diagnosis and Spinal Fusion Surgery that Dr. Amjadi performed on me 4 months ago. I was living with excruciating Sciatic Pain due to Stenosis in my lower back for nearly 5 years. I knew, waking up from surgery, that pain was gone ! Dr. Amjadi is a no-nonsense kind of doctor who tells it like it is. He cares about his patients and will only perform surgery if he truly thinks it will help you. His staff is friendly and helpful and guides you through the process.
in Bakersfield, CA |
Dr. Amjadi is firm, professional, experienced, and a scrupulous surgeon. As a person, who has gone through countless pain management doctors, they all suggest surgery being the last resort because of all the complications that accompany it. But I got lucky with Dr. Amjadi. I went in last minute after enduring years of pain I thought I could handle. I let it go to the point of incontinence. I saw Dr. Amjadi on a Thursday, received emergency laminectomy and fusion on Monday. Now I am pain free.
in Tehachapi, CA |
I suffered from neck pain for a long time and was absolutely terrified to let anyone touch my neck and even postponed the surgery for a couple years till one day at work I felt shocking pain shooting down my left arm. I was referred to Dr. Amjadi by a few friends of mine and I do not regret choosing him for one second. He was very informative to me on my level of understanding about the surgery and the recovery and was a pleasure to work with.
in Bakersfield, CA |
Great doctor and a hell of a nice guy. Great bedside manner, very easy to talk to. I highly recommend Dr. Amjadi.
Bakersfield, CA |
Dr. Amjadi preformed a c5/6 cervical fusion on me, it was my first surgery EVER. I am extremely satisfied with the results. Both Dr. Amjadi and his staff were fantastic...I would and have recommended him to others.
Bakersfield, CA |
I recently had two cervical neck surgeries performed by Dr. Amjadi. Before, during and after care was outstanding. I was very impressed with his professionalism, compassion and follow-up. I would whole-heartedly recommend him to family and friends!
in Bakersfield, CA |
I had suffered with back troubles for years. I had tried so many different things when I decided to try surgery. Was able to get into to see Dr Amjadi quickly. Staff was amazing in making sure the appointment would go smoothly. Dr Amjadi is professional but kind. Surgery was set up soon after first appointment. Surgery was wonderful. could I tell after waking upfrom surgery that i was in a better place. It's been 4 months now and I can say I have my life back. Very grateful to Dr Amjadi and st
in Bakersfield, CA |
Best doctor ever. Honest, caring, respectful, amazing listener and straight to the point. I was truly blessed by God when he placed Dr. Amjadi in my life.
in Bakersfield , CA |
Dr. Amjadi is a excellent doctor! I've seen many Dr's since my accident. He actually took the time to know what my issues & evaluated them... not like my many other doctors who just went off of past Dr notes. Dr Amjadi is a Highly Professional doctor who knows his patients & makes a wellness plan to *make a difference. He's the only Dr that's made a difference with my pain level & explained things Thank You Dr Amjadi you're the Best!
in Bakersfield, CA |
Dr. Amjadi is an excellent and very thorough doctor and surgeon. He did surgery on my cervical vertebrae C5, C6, and C7 because they were pinching nerves in my right shoulder, back, arm, and hand. I was in excruciating pain, and I wasn't able to use my right arm and hand. My condition worsened until my neck would not support my head anymore. Dr. Amjadi performed surgery and I am now pain free and I have use of my arm and hand.
Bakersfield, CA |
Dr. Amjadi was amazing! He genuinely cared about my health and did everything he could to help me get better. My surgery was done about 4 months ago and it is a complete 180 from what I was before. I was in severe pain for months and now I have none. His staff was so helpful and went above and beyond to make me feel comfortable and give me all of the information I needed. I would absolutely recommend Dr. Amjadi to anyone and everyone!
in wasco California |
Dr Amjadi did a neck surger on me one year ago and he did an awesome job I'm very happy with his performance thank you Dr Amjadi
New York, NY |
Excellent. Very successful surgery outcome
in Bakersfield, CA |
Dr Amjadi has done one back surgery and 2 neck surgeries for me. I could barely walk before my back surgery. He told me for all 3 surgeries that he would treat my body like it was his own. I felt like he did exactly that. He did such a good job on by back surgery that I regained full use of both of my legs again without pain, I had barely been walking with a cane. After the way he treated me and the results I had there was no way I was going to see another doctor. I recommend him to everyone.
Have you seen Dr. Firooz Amjadi, MD?
Are you Dr. Amjadi?

See our Orthopedic Surgery Specialist at Mercy Hospitals

Visit Dr. Amjadi

Dr. Amjadi accepts 17 insurance carriers
  • Accepts most major Health Plans. Please contact our office for details.
  • Anthem Blue Cross