Dr. Filamer Kabigting, MD

Dermatology ·  Male · Age 38

Dr. Kabigting

Herbert Irving Pavilion

161 Fort Washington Ave Fl 12 New York, NY 10032

Dr. Filamer Kabigting, MD is a dermatologist in New York, NY and has been practicing for 4 years. He graduated from University Of California, San Diego in 2010 and specializes in dermatology and dermatopathology.

Dr. Kabigting accepts

Dr. Kabigting accepts the following insurance:

Cigna EPO
Cigna POS
Great West Healthcare-Cigna
Connecticare
EmblemHealth
GHI HMO
GHI PPO
Health Insurance Plan of Greater New York (HIP)
Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield

• Acne Scar Removal
  • Acne Treatment
  • Actinic Keratosis
  • Allergic Reaction
  • Atopic Dermatitis (Eczema)
  • Basal Cell Carcinoma
  • Lipomas
  • Medication Management
  • Melanoma
  • Mole Evaluation
  • Moles (Benign Skin Lesions)
  • Molluscum Contagiosum Infection
  • Varicose Veins
  • Wart Removal
  • Warts
  • Wrinkles

I am committed to delivering comprehensive and compassionate medical and cosmetic dermatology care that is personalized to your individual patient care needs. My practice emphasizes patient education and engagement in order to fully address...

• Dermatology

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Kabigting

Dr. Kabigting?
Dr. Kabigting's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Filamer Kabigting, MD
I had a mole removed in his Hudson, NY office on 7/11/19 and two days later had cellulitis and had to go to urgent care for antibiotics. I can only assume this occured during the procedure because I kept the area clean and covered post visit. Also, I was given no instructions of any kind regarding post-procedure wound care. My call to his office the next day was not returned.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Filamer Kabigting, MD?
Dr. Kabigting has been a godsend to me. I had horrible eczema and he encouraged me to try a new drug that has worked great. Anytime I need a follow up appointment or have to get in quickly to see him he always fits me into his schedule. Wait time is never more than 10 minutes. Would recommend him to every and anybody.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Filamer Kabigting, MD?
Dr. Kabigting (aka Dr. Fil) is, without a doubt, the best doctor I've ever had. In addition to his first-rate expertise and professionalism, Dr. Fil promptly, respectfully, and comprehensively addresses all of my concerns/questions, both in-person and over email. I was in a scheduling bind last summer, and he ALWAYS made time for me, which involved frequent and last-minute treatments that vastly improved my psoriasis. Thank you, Dr. Fil, for your endless commitment to my health! 5 stars!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Filamer Kabigting, MD?
I am pleased to have found Dr. Kabigting and am delighted to refer him to anyone in need of his services. His attention to detail and awareness of my concerns were evident in his great bedside manner and his thorough follow up! We need more Dr, Kabigting’s... His knowledge allows me peace of mind...which is both priceless and reassuring! Thank you Dr. Kabigting! Anita P
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Filamer Kabigting, MD?
Dr Kabigting and his staff are very caring and helpful in explaining and providing solutions to my sons’ hair loss issues. I highly recommend the entire team and feel so lucky that we found them.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Filamer Kabigting, MD?
I cannot believe he is only in his 30s and practicing for ~8 years. Dr. Kabigting has the knowledge and professionalism that I have never seen in any other doctor. He is simply an amazing doctor.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Filamer Kabigting, MD?
Dr. Kabigting is a knowledgeable, patient doctor with a wonderful bedside manner. His whole staff is wonderful as well. After years of suffering from alopecia he finally helped find me a treatment that is working.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Filamer Kabigting, MD?
I almost don't want to recommend because they his calendar will be full. He was on point and through. Dr. Kabigting is permanent in my contact list.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Filamer Kabigting, MD?
Excellent bedside manner, thorough but efficient! Would recommend whole heartedly
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Filamer Kabigting, MD?
Clearly a smart guy but like others have said, he has never taken the time to listen to my concerns or explore options based on my medical history. I never saw him for more than 10 minutes. I came in for a hair loss issue and after a year of zero improvement, he assured me I looked better even though I’ve lost significantly more hair since I started seeing him. Rather than talk to me about it, he prescribed me a medication I was uncomfortable taking without doing the proper blood work first.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Filamer Kabigting, MD?
I recommend Dr. Kabigting to everybody I know. Acne really took hit a hit to my confidence and thanks to him I can now wear no makeup with more confidence than I had WITH makeup before. I’ve been seeing him for over a year and drive very far to see him because he’s THAT worth it. He is absolute angel sent from the skin gods!!!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Filamer Kabigting, MD?
I'm very happy with Dr. Fil, he is treating me for a rare skin condition in my scalp. I'd been dealing with ineffective treatments for this condition by 2 other dermatologists with no improvements for almost 10 years before I started seeing Dr. Fil late last year. He immediately diagnosed my problem and recommended a treatment; today after 7 months under Dr. Fil's care my scalp has already improved far beyond what the other dermatologists I saw in the past 10 years ever achieved.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Filamer Kabigting, MD?
Dr. Kabigting is hands down the BEST dermatologist I have ever had. I have been suffering from acne since a very young age. Dr. Kabigting was referred to me by a friend who sees him as well and her skin has dramatically changed since she has been under his care, that made me want to try him. I work is very effective, and in moments of doubt Dr. Kabigting's words of encouragement to hang on and believe in the process are just soo up lifting.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Filamer Kabigting, MD?
Hands down, the most patient-friendly, supportive, and informed MD I've seen in my life.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Filamer Kabigting, MD?
Dr. Fil is amazing! He really listened to my skin concerns and was super patient. He makes sure you understand your diagnosis and is super easy to talk to. He also is quick to get back to you with any questions you may have. I have referred multiple colleagues to him and they have all had more than satisfactory consultations with him.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Filamer Kabigting, MD?
Dr. K goes above and beyond to make sure he is available to treat my skin issues and with my most recent visits has been able to tackle a nasty case of nummular eczema that got infected. Prescriptions have been ready at my pharmacy same day. Dr. K has been awesome.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Filamer Kabigting, MD?
Dr. "Fil" Kabigting is fantastic. I was struggling with seborrheic dermatitis and the treatments prescribed by another dermatologist caused me to develop both rosacea and perioral dermatitis. Fed up, I went to see Dr. Fil, described the symptoms and treatments used before, and he came up with a good approach to get my skin back to normal. Additionally, Dr. Fil is genuinely kind and committed to helping his patients. He responds to emails very quickly.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Filamer Kabigting, MD?
Nicest office I have stepped foot in. Everything brand new. Literally zero waiting time. Dr Fil showed me HOPE and compassion with a condition (alopecia) that doctors have literally told me "nothing I can do! get a wig!" Dr. Fil has me on a breakthru medication that is working. He and his team have taken much of their time writing appeals and pleas to my insurance company and pharm company to help me to afford the Rx. This is the doctor and team I have been searching for for years! Thank You!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Filamer Kabigting, MD?
He takes the time to listen and remembers the small details that you tell him about your life.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Filamer Kabigting, MD?
In a nutshell, Dr. Kabigting will see you for 10 minutes, look at a skin rash, tell you it's a skin rash, prescribe you a cream, and charge you $530 for the visit. After weeks of chasing down someone at Columbia doctors who could give me an explanation of services (the bill had nothing but the $530 amount in it), the answer I got was "It's what the department charges." Don't go see him or any dermatologist with Columbia doctors unless you're ok with being extorted.
Show more reviews

How was your experience with Dr. Kabigting?