Internal Medicine  |
Dr. Fernando Bobis, MD
Dr. Fernando Bobis, MD is an internal medicine doctor who practices in New York, NY. He is 36 years old and has been practicing for 8 years.

506 Fort Washington Ave Apt 1F

New York, NY 10033

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of Louisiana
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts
  • Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield

Learn about Dr. Bobis

Dr. Bobis' Experience

Dr. Bobis' experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Internal Medicine

This content was provided by Dr. Bobis "As a physician who is also a patient and knows what it's like to be on both sides of the desk, so to speak, it is extremely important to me to deliver high quality care and to always strive to make my patients feel listened to and well-cared for. The patient-provider relationship is something I focus on in order to facilitate better communication and better understanding of one's medical conditions and treatments. I believe this approach ultimately translates into better health outcomes."

Dr. Bobis does not have any board certifications listed.

• Asthma
  • COPD (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease)
  • Congestive Heart Failure
  • Venous Embolism and Thrombosis
  • Vertigo
  • Wear and Tear Arthritis

• Electrocardiogram (EKG)

No malpractice history found for New York.

• Brown University / Alpert Medical School
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 2003
  • J & S Weill M C Cornell Univ
    Medical School | Graduated 2009
  • Manhattan Va-Nyu Med Ctr
    Internship Hospital | Completed 2010
  • Nyu/Bellevue Med Ctr
    Internship Hospital | Completed 2011

Dr. Bobis has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Bobis has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Bobis does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Bobis and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Bobis' Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Bobis to family and friends
4.3
Dr. Bobis' Performance
New York, NY |
Ridiculous wait time. After 90 minutes I left without being seen. The office manager behaved as if I was some kind of jerk for asking for my copayment to be refunded, saying, 'I told you there was one person in front of you." Yeah. After the first hour wait. That one person in front of me was called in to see the doctor 30 minutes later at which point, I was done. The doctor is excellent. His nurse is excellent. The scheduling and attitude is ridiculous.
in New York, NY |
I finished my visit with Dr. Bobis and I will be 100 percent honest I was upset about the long wait. But theres a silver lining- he was an amazing doctor. He treated my migraines and the infection I had in my ear. I would wait a thousand hours to see a trustful doctor. I felt miserable when I got there and pissed about the wait but after seeing him- I'm glad I waited!!! He made me feel like everything was going to be fine and that is what you want in a doctor; a doctor that cares and will treat
New York, NY |
Dr. Bobis office is a chaotic nightmare. The office overbooks patients three times past what they are capable of handling. They continually lied to me about my appointment, and treated everyone like cattle. The free NYC clinic is a better experience. This is the worst doctor's experience I have ever had in my entire life. This office should be ashamed of itself for lying to its patients daily about their capacity. The nurses are overbooked and overworked. DO NOT COME HERE. WAIT TIME IS 2.5HR+
in New York, NY |
Several problems. 1) The doctor always overbooks, which leads patients to wait for over an hour to see him. 2) He is a part of a practice. Even if you make an appointment with him, you might be forced to see someone else. 3) His stuff are probably the most inept office people I've seen. It is routine for them to speak to patients loudly so that anyone in the waiting room can hear other people's personal info. They are also pretty rude. I don't need warmth, I am from NY, but they are pretty rude.
in New York, NY |
I don't often write reviews for things, but I wanted to leave some comments here because my appointment with Dr. Bobis was such a good experience. I went in for my annual physical, but had a particular concern. Dr. Bobis talked with me at length about the issue and made sure he was looking at it from all angles. He was very reassuring, patient, and thoughtful. I felt respected and cared for, and will definitely be going back for my future primary care needs.
in New York, NY |
Dr. Bobis was excellent, very patient, and explained everything! I was able to be seen quickly, without an appointment. I had a horrible case of poison ivy, that just kept getting worse. He prescribed medicine to treat the infection and stop the itching. Within one day, what progressively got worse over a three week period, started to get better! Certainly fixed my problem, will definitely be back.
in New York, NY |
Dr. Bobis explained everything thoroughly and with kindness. He also did not speak to me as if I were a 4 year old child. Dr. Bobis treated me with respect and displayed a sincere and caring bedside manner.
Have you seen Dr. Fernando Bobis, MD?
Are you Dr. Bobis?