Dr. Feiyu Chen, MD

Dr. Feiyu Chen, MD

Neurology  ·
Dr. Feiyu Chen, MD is a neurology specialist in Memphis, TN and has been practicing for 36 years. He graduated from Guangzhou Medical University in 1982 and specializes in neurology.Read his story

6325 Humphreys Blvd

Memphis, TN 38120

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of Tennessee
  • Coventry Health Care of Tennessee

Learn about Dr. Chen

See how frequently Dr. Chen performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Vertigo
Headache
All Headaches (incl. Migraine)

Dr. Chen's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

Dr. Chen's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Chen "Feiyu Chen | Semmes Murphey Neurologic and Spine Institute Dr. Feiyu Chen was born in Guangzhou, PR of China on December 13, 1961. Because of his excellent scholastic records in high school, at age 16, with special permission, he was admitted to the Guangzhou Medical College in 1978. He graduated from the medical school in 1982, then practiced medicine and performed clinical research in the medical school. In June 1986, he came to the United States, worked in the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) as a research microbiologist, and pursued a PhD at Georgia State University. He graduated in March 1992 with a PhD in Microbiology and Molecular Genetics. He was the national award winner by the United Achievement Academy, 1988, and Who's Who among students in the American University & College, 1989-1990. In June 1992, he started medical residency training at New York Hospital, and completed his neurology training at The University of Tennessee, Memphis in 1996. After the residency, he joined the Canale Clinic as a private practice neurologist. In 1998, he started work at the Semmes Murphey Clinic. He is married with two daughters. Professional Society and Membership American Medical Association American Academy of Neurology American Association of Chinese Physicians Tennessee Medical Association Extracurricular Activities Travel Swimming Skiing Farming Disorders & Treatments Arm Pain Back Pain Carpal Tunnel Cerebral Palsy Concussions General Neurology Head Injury Headaches Leg Pain Neuromuscular Disorders Neurophysiology Numbness Sleep Disorders Spine Stroke Weakness Additional Areas of Expertise Seizure Disorder Parkinson's Tremor Memory Loss Dementia Syncope Bell's Palsy Myasthenia Gravis CVA/TIA Multiple Sclerosis Dizziness/Vertigo "

• Neurology

Dr. Chen does not have any board certifications listed.

No malpractice history found for Tennessee.

• Guangzhou Medical University
    Medical School | Graduated 1982
  • Ny Hospital Med Center Of Queens
  • University Of Tn College Of Med

Dr. Chen has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Chen has no media or publications listed.

• Chinese

Dr. Chen does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Chen and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Chen's Reviews

1.4
Likelihood of recommending Dr. Chen to family and friends

Dr. Chen's Performance

GOOD

My experience with him was just like the other reviews... I should of read these reviews before my visit!!! I asked to see a different doctor on my next visit.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option0thumbs down icon option0
Dr. Chen review records which was done in 2012. He was informed of my concerns with fainting and trimmers in. I explained how I was jumping in my sleep. His diagnoses for my symptoms was anxiety. I was presented with trimmers and he come up with anxiety. I was told that I had vasovagal syncope. His...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option2thumbs down icon option0
Dr. Chen was very arrogant and dismissive. I was very specific in asking for an MRI with contrast on my head & spine. He refused to give me the test, said I didn't need it, and walked out of the room. Poor "bedside manner" and does not like to be questioned. It was obvious by my physical that I...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option2thumbs down icon option0

Hi Jennifer Wilson, we appreciate you taking the time to respond. The staff at Semmes Murphey takes our reviews very seriously. If possible, our Director of Operations, Karen Adams, would love to speak with you further about this to gain additional insight. She can be reached at 901.522.7724. Thank you.

He walked in the room having already decided what was wrong with me, didn't care about my symptoms, was just generally rude. I left not knowing anymore about my condition than when I entered. I would give zero stars if an option, please try and find someone else to see.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option4thumbs down icon option1
I was Dr. Chen's patient for 3 1/2 months. I had a CT scan in the ER after a car accident, prior to seeing Dr. Chen. It was sent with my records and showed a colloid cyst in my brain, which he never addressed. Even though I constantly complained of headaches, blurred vision, muscle weakness and...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option7thumbs down icon option0