Dr. Federico Girardi, MD

Orthopedic Surgery | Male

Dr. Federico Girardi, MD
Dr. Federico P. Girardi specializes in the surgical treatment of different spinal disorders, including but not limited to: degenerative (disc herniation, degenerative disc disease, stenosis), deformity (scoliosis, kyphosis, flat-back), metabolic (osteoporosis), fractures, and tumors of the cervical, thoracic and lumbar spine. He has done extensive clinical research involving the areas of minimally invasive surgery, clinical outcomes of different surgical procedures, and imaging modalities of the spine. He is also interested in the basic science aspects of bone, disc and nerve tissue regeneration as well as the investigation of alternatives to spinal fusion for the treatment of degenerative disc disease.

Dr. Girardi's Care Philosophy

Spinal Surgery is a very specific field that combines orthopedic and neurological surgery techniques. Nonsurgical treatments should be always tried before surgical interventions unless there is progressive or significant neurologic deterioration, or significant instability or deformity. We believe surgery should patients' specific as there not two patients alike. Patients' expectations and education regarding their conditions are paramount to achieve a successful outcome.

Dr. Girardi's Experience

See how Dr. Girardi's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Girardi

Dr. Girardi accepts 7 insurance carriers

Dr. Girardi is now accepting new patients

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Girardi has admitting privileges.

Dr. Girardi's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Girardi to family and friends
    3.5
    Dr. Girardi's Performance
      GOOD
    in Flushing, NY |
    When I came to Dr. Girardi's office I was in severe pain and in a wheelchair. After he operated on my spine I was pain fee fom pain the first day, and continue to be free of pain 4 weeks later. I chose Dr. Girardi for my surgery because he instilled confidence in me, as he explained my condition to me with patience and understanding. Dr.Girardi is a wonderfulsurgeon and a geat man. I owe my good health to him.
    Dr. Girardi took the time to explain my problem and surgical option at great length. I was referred to him by 2 others who had great success with their surgeries and I hope for the same outcome.
    New York, NY |
    Dr Girardi and his staff were highly professional. They were well informed about my spinal problem and had fully reviewed my MRI and other xrays prior to seeing me. Dr Girardi spent about 15 minutes discussing my problems and examining me. He then showed me the current MRI and xrays, clearly showing me the problem that I had and what the surgery required in order to to repair the problem, and relieve me of the pain. He was very thourough in his review of my problem and listened to me carefully.
    in Toms River, NJ |
    the Best ever, he gave me back a full life. I suffered from every problem a spine could have. I could hardly walk, I could not drive my car or ride in a car for more than 20 Mins. without horrible pain. I saw 10 different back Dr.'s. As a golf nut, all told me I could never play golf again. Dr. Girardi told me with 9-12 months rehab., I would play again. Will a year after fusion, I play 18 holes of golf 3 times a week and my back has never felt better. Thank you Dr. Girardi, the best ever.
    in Great Neck, NY |
    Both Gerardi and his PA are two of the most difficult medical professionals to get an honest answer. Gerardi doesn't truly answer what when wrong and his PA is the nastiest I have ever tried to deal with. I had surgery a year ago and am in worst shape now than before the surgery.
    Caldwell, NJ |
    Words cannot express how grateful I am to have had Dr Girardi perform my lateral lumbar fusion in May. He gave me back my life!!!! I was diagnosed with spinal collapse, spondylolithesis and scoliosis. I lost a disc one year ago, a NJ surgeon did a discectomy but did not place anything between L-2-3. Over the next 7 months I developed debilitating pain. No one wanted to operate on me in NJ where I work as an RN. My faith in God lead me to find Dr Girardi. I will never be able to thank him enough!
    in New York, NY |
    Dr. Girardi is the best spine surgery in the city of New York. Patients travel from Europe to schedule their surgery with him. Not only is he the most skilled spine surgeon but he is an all around caring doctor and human being. It's all about the patient with him. He will go out of his way to make sure his patient gets the best care and treatment. If you think, otherwise, then you really don't know him. Excellent hands-on surgeon and really nice guy. His office staff is the best!!
    in New York, NY |
    Had a severe medical issue and tried to schedule an appointment. Secretary was not polite, but asked me to fill out documents for Dr. Girardi to review and they'll let me know when I could come in. Almost 2 months later I have yet to hear back. Seems like they're more concerned about who they can make money off of.
    in New Providence, NJ |
    One of the best decisions I've ever made. Working at The Hospital for Special Surgery is a huge credential in and of itself so I did not really need to question his competency and experience. A lot of my decision for him to treat me was based on how well we connected when talking about my condition. He's a good listener and communicator, very likeable, very much in control and makes me feel safe. And going to his office is always comforting, at reception, Michelle, Kaleena, Ebony, Andrea. Etc.
    in New York, New York |
    Dr. Girardi is a rockstar. He had to do a very complicated procedure in which he had to not only fix my herniated c6, but also had to repair 5 neck disks that were impinging on my spinal chord, one so drastically that it almost cut it in half. He also had to pereform a fusion using bone from my hip. Tiny incision in my neck, tiny incision in my thigh, and out of the hospital in 2 days with no need for pain meds. Already working out on the elliptical (carefully).Need to be sliced & diced?He's it
    in Emerson, NJ |
    I contacted office for a consult request. Told to send all my records and would get a call back to schedule an appointment. My email was never answered, even when asking just for confirmation of receipt of medical records. Numerous calls to office went unanswered again, asking for confirmation of receipt of records.
    Have you seen Dr. Federico Girardi, MD?
    Are you Dr. Girardi?

Dr. Girardi says...

Dr. Girardi's Care Philosophy

Dr. Girardi's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Orthopedic Surgery
    •  Board certified in Orthopedic Surgery

Dr. Girardi has no media or publications listed.

No malpractice history found for New York.

Why It Matters: Dr. Girardi's Board Certifications

Completed in 1999

Colegio Sagrado Corazon

Graduated in 1985

• Portuguese

Dr. Girardi does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Girardi and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Artificial Disc Replacement
    • Complex Spinal Reconstruction
    • Disc Replacement
    • Dural Repair or Other Spinal Cord Repair
    • Herniated Disc Surgery
    • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
    • Lumbar Disc Replacement