Dr. Fawad Zafar, MD

Dr. Fawad Zafar, MD

Urology  ·
Dr. Fawad Zafar, MD is an urology specialist in Windsor Heights, IA and has been practicing for 23 years. He graduated from King Edward Medical University in 1985 and specializes in urology.Read his story

1000 73rd St Ste 17

Windsor Heights, IA 50324

• American Republic
  • AvMed
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois
  • Golden Rule

Learn about Dr. Zafar

See how frequently Dr. Zafar performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Bladder Diseases
Neurogenic Bladder
Testicular Dysfunction

Dr. Zafar's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

Dr. Zafar's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Zafar "Fawad Zafar, M.D. has been in practice since 1985 and has been serving the Iowa community since 1996. At King Edward Medical College he was the recipient of the "Most Distinguished Student" award and graduated at the top of his class. Upone completing his medical education, Dr. Zafar went on to pursue his urology training at Royal Shrewsbury Hospital and at Ealing and Hammersmith Hospitals in England. In 1994, he completed a Fellowship in Endourology at Methodist Hospital in Indianapolis. The focus of his fellow ship was in urinary and bladder stones, male and female incontinence, and male impotence. Because of his passion to learn new and innovative techniques in urological care, Dr. Zafar has expertise in performing procedures for male impotence and male/female incontinence. Dr. Zafar has published articles in both the British Journal of Urology and the Journal of Endourology. He has also co-authored a textbook of Endourology. Dr. Zafar frequently presents lectures in the community. His topics of interest include Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia, Impotence, Male and Female Urinary Incontinence and Kidney Stones. Dr. Zafar has been an active member of the American Urological Association, American Association of Clinical Urologists, and Society of Laparoscopic Surgeons. He is also a Fellow of the Inernational College of Surgeons. "

This content was provided by Dr. Zafar "Our Purpose

Our purpose as an organization is to give high quality care to both male and female patients in the specialty of Urology. Our services include diagnosis and treatment of bladder, kidney, and prostate cancer, treatment of interstitial cystitis, chronic urinary tract infections, benign enlargement of the prostate, erectile dysfunction, sexually transmitted diseases, male and female incontinence, male infertility, and male sterilization.

Our Values

Personallized Care – Each patient receives customized care, specific to their diagnosis and situation. We do not take a "one size fits all" approach to the care our patients receive. We treat the diagnosis and treatment of each patient with their individual needs in mind.

Flexibility – We operate our offices to meet the needs of the wide variety of patients we see. We have extended office hours, and are open Saturdays to accommodate all of our patients. We also accept most major medical insurance plans, including Medicare and Medicaid (Title 19). If necessary, we will work with a patient's insurance company to get approval for a procedure.

Timeliness – We do not believe in making a patient wait. Whether it is for an appointment to see the doctor or scheduling a test at another office, we understand that our patients' time is valuable. In fact, often established patients can be seen the same day they call in with an issue that needs timely attention."

• Urology

Dr. Zafar does not have any board certifications listed.

• Bladder Biopsy
  • Prostate Removal
  • TURP (Transurethral Resection of Prostate) or Laser Destruction of Prostate
  • Ureterscopies
  • Urethral Dilation
  • Urinary Stone Removal (Litholapaxy)
  • Varicocelectomy or Hydrocelectomy
  • Vasectomy
  • Wound Repair

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Iowa.

1 Board Action
  • Substandard Care, Incompetence or Negligence (11/16/2012)
    Action Taken: License Reinstatement without Restrictions
    Summary: Please reference the following Document
    Documentation: Download here (PDF)
    State: Iowa

• Royal Shrewsbury Hospital
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1994
  • Methodist Hosp Indianapolis
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1995

Dr. Zafar has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Zafar has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Zafar does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Zafar and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Zafar's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Zafar

Dr. Zafar?
Dr. Zafar's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Fawad Zafar, MD
Dr. Zafar has been a tremendous help with my kidney stones. It was a very painful condition and he got me in the same day and did the treatment. Thankfully the stone broke and I was able to go home the same day. I cannot thank him enough for his care that he gave me.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Fawad Zafar, MD?
I have seen Dr. Zafar for 11 years with h/o bladder cancer that he diagnosed. Since then he has checked me regularly with bladder exams and X rays and kept things under control. I used to be a smoker and stopped ot as he told me that it will make the bladder cancer come back He has kept me on track...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Fawad Zafar, MD?
I had urine problems and could not pee. Eventually I went to the ER and they put a catheter in and sent me to Dr. Zafar. He did tests and recommended surgery. He did the surgery with in a few days and then thankfully had the catheter removed. I have never peed so well!! Excellent Doctor!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Fawad Zafar, MD?
Thoughtful, friendly, personable, goes above and beyond.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Fawad Zafar, MD?
I had a lot of pain with kidney stones and was referred to Dr. Zafar from ER. He did the lithotripsy procedure the next day. I passed the stone pieces over the next week and had no pain. He also did my urine test to find out why I am making the stones. Very good Doctor. Recommend him!
Show more reviews

How was your experience with Dr. Zafar?