Dr. Fawad S. Zafar, MD

Dr. Fawad S. Zafar, MD

Urology | Male

Lakeview Center for Urology 1000 73rd St Ste 17, Windsor Heights, IA 50324 Get Directions

Learn about this Doctor

Our Purpose Our purpose as an organization is to give high quality care to both male and female patients in the specialty of Urology. Our services include diagnosis and treatment of bladder, kidney, and prostate cancer, treatment of interstitial cystitis, chronic urinary tract infections, benign enlargement of the prostate, erectile dysfunction, sexually transmitted diseases, male and female incontinence, male infertility, and male sterilization. Our Values Personallized Care – Each patient receives customized care, specific to their diagnosis and situation. We do not take a "one size fits all" approach to the care our patients receive. We treat the diagnosis and treatment of each patient with their individual needs in mind. Flexibility – We operate our offices to meet the needs of the wide variety of patients we see. We have extended office hours, and are open Saturdays to accommodate all of our patients. We also accept most major medical insurance plans, including Medicare and Medicaid (Title 19). If necessary, we will work with a patient's insurance company to get approval for a procedure. Timeliness – We do not believe in making a patient wait. Whether it is for an appointment to see the doctor or scheduling a test at another office, we understand that our patients' time is valuable. In fact, often established patients can be seen the same day they call in with an issue that needs timely attention.Read more

Personal Bio

Fawad Zafar, M.D. has been in practice since 1985 and has been serving the Iowa community since 1996. At King...Read more

Dr. Zafar's Experience

64Experience
Match

See how Dr. Zafar's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Zafar

Dr. Zafar accepts 16 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 4 hospitals where Dr. Zafar has admitting privileges.

Hospital Quality Awards

Dr. Zafar's Reviews

Help millions of people find the right doctor. Share your experience today!
Likelihood of recommending Dr. Zafar to family and friends
4.5
Experience with Dr. Zafar
Dr. Zafar's Office & Staff
    Under 10 minutes (23)
in Windsor Heights, IA |
I had a vasectomy done by Dr Zafar. The check in procedure was smooth. Nurses were very helpful. He spent 15 minutes explaining the whole procedure. The vasectomy itself was a breeze. I spent the whole time in conversation and before I knew it the procedure had finished. I had no pain and after the procedure have done well. No hesitation in recommending him or his staff!
in Windsor Heights, IA |
I see Dr Zafar for low Testosterone. I used to feel all blah and he did investigations to find out why. Once he found out, I was started on treatment and it made a huge difference in how I felt. I have a lot more energy and zip. Both Dr Zafar and his staff are excellent.
in Windsor Heights, IA |
I saw 2 urologists and a urogynaecologist in town for my bladder problems. I was told by all 3 that everything was normal and there is nothing more they could do. I came to see Dr Zafar and he diagnosed me with interstitial cystitis. I am on medications and bladder treatment. It has changed my quality of life! .
in Windsor Heights, IA |
Dr Zafar is a very good Urologist. He treated my symptoms and got me better. Before him I had gone to 2 different Urologists with no results.
in Chicago, IL |
I came to see Dr Zafar for urine leakage problems. He was very helpful. He made me get off caffeine and bingo my problem settled. He did not push expensive medicines. Just getting off caffeine made the difference!
in Burbank, CA |
I was referred to Dr Zafar by my doctor for a swelling in my sac. He was very reassuring and took a lot of time talking to me and then got my tests done. Thankfully it all came back OK. He gave me my options. I was also given his cell phone in case I had questions later.He took good care of me.
in Phoenix, AZ |
I have had problems with erections for years. A friend who had seen Dr Zafar for the same problem recommended him. He was very patient and spent a lot of time with me. He suggested a penile implant. I had it done 3 months ago and my sex life is back in action. He did a great job for me.
in Windsor Heights, IA |
I had urine leakage problems for years. A friend who had a good experience with Dr Zafar recommended him. He did my procedure and from 4 pads a day I am dry. This has really improved my life. Cant thank him enough.
in Windsor Heights, IA |
Dr Zafar has treated my prostate cancer for the last 15 years and has kept things under control. I am very happy with the care he has given me. He spends time with me and his staff is also very good.
in Windsor Heights, IA |
I have been doctoring with Dr Zafar for about 8 years. He has treated my enlarged prostate and low Testosterone. He gives good care and I am very satisfied. I will recommend him to others.
in Windsor Heights, IA |
Dr Zafar is my kidney stone Doctor. He has treated me with lithotripsy. He also did as test to find out why I make stones so they can be prevented Good Doctor!
in Windsor Heights, IA |
It was an easy exspirence and the doctor was a nice man.
Have you seen Dr. Fawad S. Zafar, MD?
Are you Dr. Zafar?

Compare Dr. Zafar

• Urology

Dr. Zafar says..

We provide the optimal balance between "high touch" and "high tech". While we use state-of-the-art technology to diagnose and treat, we also listen to our patients and design personalized care plans catering to the needs of the individual patient. We offer a full spectrum of diagnostic and therapeutic services.

• In-office vasectomies

• Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia
  • Elevated PSA
  • Blood in the Urine
  • Scrotal Swelling
This information was supplied by or on behalf of the provider.
  • Atrophic Vaginitis
  • Bladder Diseases
  • Bladder Diverticulum
  • Bladder Infection
  • Bladder Stones
  • Blood in Semen (Hematospermia)
  • Blood in Urine (Hematuria)
  • Elevated PSA (Prostate Specific Antigen)
  • Enlarged Prostate (BPH)
  • Hydronephrosis
  • Interstitial Cystitis
  • Kidney Disease
  • Kidney Stone Pain (Renal Colic)
  • Kidney Stones
  • Male Infertility
  • Neurogenic Bladder
  • Nighttime Urination (Nocturia)
  • Overactive Bladder
  • Painful Urination (Dysuria)
  • Penile Cancer
  • Peyronie's Disease
  • Prostate Cancer
  • Prostatitis
  • Sexual Dysfunction
  • Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs)
  • Sleep Disorders
  • Urinary Disorders
  • Urinary Hesitancy
  • Urinary Incontinence
  • Urinary Stones
  • Urinary Tract Infection (UTI)
  • Urinary-Genital Tract Fistula, Female
  • Vaginal and Pelvic Prolapse
  • Vaginitis and-or Vaginosis

Dr. Zafar says..

I perform about 300 vasectomies a year and have done thousands of these procedures.

I have done over a thousand penile implants and have a special interest in Erectile dysfunction.

I have my own Extra corporeal shock wave lithotripsy machine for treating patients with kidney stones. I have performed thousands of these procedures.

This information was supplied by or on behalf of the provider.
  • Bladder Biopsy
  • Prostate Removal
  • TURP (Transurethral Resection of Prostate) or Laser Destruction of Prostate
  • Ureterscopies
  • Urethral Dilation
  • Urinary Stone Removal (Litholapaxy)
  • Varicocelectomy or Hydrocelectomy
  • Vasectomy
  • Wound Repair

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Iowa.

Board Action

Dr. Zafar has 1 board action

More What are board actions
    • Substandard Care, Incompetence or Negligence  (11/16/2012)
    • Action Taken: License Reinstatement without Restrictions
    • Summary: Please reference the following Document
    • State: Iowa
    • Documentation: Download here (PDF)

King Edward Medical University

Methodist Hosp Indianapolis

Completed in 1995

University Of Nebraska

Graduated in 1978

Dr. Zafar has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Zafar has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Zafar does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Zafar and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

×

Dr. Zafar's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

• Specializes in Urology
  • No board certification on record with Healthgrades
  • Malpractice claims in Iowa not available
  • Board actions found
×

Why Does Experience Matter?

Patient Satisfaction Results for Dr. Zafar

Overall Patient Satisfaction Score

Dr. Zafar's Office & Staff

Ease of scheduling urgent appointments
Office environment, cleanliness, comfort, etc.
Staff friendliness and courteousness
Total wait time (waiting & exam rooms)

Experience with Dr. Zafar

Level of trust in provider's decisions
How well provider explains medical condition(s)
How well provider listens and answers questions
Spends appropriate amount of time with patients

Dr. Zafar says...

At King Edward Medical College he was the recipient of the "Most Distinguished Student" award and graduated at the top of his class. Upone completing his medical education, Dr. Zafar went on to pursue his urology training at Royal Shrewsbury Hospital and at Ealing and Hammersmith Hospitals in England.

In 1994, he completed a Fellowship in Endourology at Methodist Hospital in Indianapolis. The focus of his fellow ship was in urinary and bladder stones, male and female incontinence, and male impotence.

Because of his passion to learn new and innovative techniques in urological care, Dr. Zafar has expertise in performing procedures for male impotence and male/female incontinence.

Dr. Zafar has published articles in both the British Journal of Urology and the Journal of Endourology. He has also co-authored a textbook of Endourology.

Dr. Zafar frequently presents lectures in the community. His topics of interest include Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia, Impotence, Male and Female Urinary Incontinence and Kidney Stones.

Dr. Zafar has been an active member of the American Urological Association, American Association of Clinical Urologists, and Society of Laparoscopic Surgeons. He is also a Fellow of the Inernational College of Surgeons.

Dr. Zafar's Care Philosophy

Our Purpose

Our Values

Personallized Care – Each patient receives customized care, specific to their diagnosis and situation. We do not take a "one size fits all" approach to the care our patients receive. We treat the diagnosis and treatment of each patient with their individual needs in mind.

Flexibility – We operate our offices to meet the needs of the wide variety of patients we see. We have extended office hours, and are open Saturdays to accommodate all of our patients. We also accept most major medical insurance plans, including Medicare and Medicaid (Title 19). If necessary, we will work with a patient's insurance company to get approval for a procedure.

Timeliness – We do not believe in making a patient wait. Whether it is for an appointment to see the doctor or scheduling a test at another office, we understand that our patients' time is valuable. In fact, often established patients can be seen the same day they call in with an issue that needs timely attention.

• In-office vasectomies