General Surgery  |
Dr. Farshad Abir, MD
Dr. Farshad Abir, MD is a general surgery doctor who practices in Berkeley Heights, NJ. He is 45 years old and has been practicing for 17 years. Dr. Abir is affiliated with Overlook Medical Center.

1 Diamond Hill Rd Fl 4

Berkeley Heights, NJ 07922

• EmblemHealth
  • Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey
  • Oxford Health Plans
  • QualCare

Learn about Dr. Abir

Dr. Abir's Experience

Dr. Abir's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in General Surgery
  • Board certified in Colon & Rectal Surgery and General Surgery

• General Surgery
  • Surgery

• Colon & Rectal Surgery
    Accredited by: American Board of Colon & Rectal Surgery*
  • General Surgery
    Accredited by: American Board of Surgery*

No malpractice history found for New Jersey.

• SUNY Dwnstate M C Coll Med
    Medical School | Graduated 2000

Dr. Abir has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Abir does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Abir and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Abir's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Abir to family and friends
3.9
Dr. Abir's Performance
in Westfield, NJ |
Just had paradtomal hernia repair and resitation after 12 years with a permanent colostomy from Stage 3 Rectal cancer. His surgical skills and conservative approach to post-surgical recuperation had me back on my feet and functioning quickly. A truly amazing physician/surgeon. I would highly recommend him., and I’ve been through numerous surgeons unfortunately.
in Scotch Plains, NJ |
Dr. Abir is an amazing doctor.; from his bedside manor, to his skills inside the OR.. I was diagnosed with stage 3 colon cancer and Doctor Abir was with my family and i every step of the way. When you think of a doctor, you look for the following qualities and characteristics and Doctor Abir has them all. Friendly, Warm, Honest, Punctual and most importantly he is on the cutting edge of modern medicine. I truly don't think we would have been able to get through this process without him.
in Scotch plains, NJ |
Had colerectal surgery due to diverticulitis. Dr Abir was freakin awesome. He told me he would take care of me and everything would be better than good. He was right. I had the surgery and felt bad for about 48 hours. After that I did nothing but get better and felt really good within 72 hours. Who'd have thought that I'd be in that good shape after major surgery? Im at 6 weeks now and he told me I should act like I never had surgery. He's one outstanding doctor.
in Summit, NJ |
I was referred to Dr. Abir by my primary physician because of repeated attacks of diverticulitis. He recommended a colon resection that entailed removing about a foot and a half of my colon. It has now been a little over 6 weeks since my surgery and it all went very smoothly. I only spent 2 nights in the hospital (I expected to spend 4) and after 2 weeks was back at work. I am now successfully progressing from a low-residue diet and back to exercising without any restrictions.
in Watchung, NJ |
I first met Dr. Abir in December of 2015. In less than one month, he and his outstanding team, put me through a series of procedures to diagnose my cancer and create a strategy to address it. He suggested a team of doctors in various specialties to also treat me. Dr. Abir performed major surgery on me and worked seamlessly with all my doctors to got me healthy again. Eighteen months later he continues be my doctor. I am truly indebted to him for all he has done for me.
in Fanwood, NJ |
Dr Abir took time to wait for me to gather my thoughts and answered all my questions. He provided all information I needed. Staff and Dr Abir was always courteous and friendly and patient.
in New Jersey |
I have been a patient since 2009. The Doctor's knowledge, bedside manner, friendliness, and overall quality are exemplary. I only wish every doctor I work will is as wonderful as Dr. Abir. Along the way I have seen the foremost doctors from Mayo Clinic to Johns Hopkins, but always return to Dr. Abir, as I am enthusiastically pleased with the service and skill that he has provided me over the years. I highly recommend Dr. Abir, and believe that any patient would be well served in his care!
in Green Brook |
Dr. Abir is kind and excellent with his patients. He speaks to them in a conversation that is totally understandable and in mostly non-medical terminology. He is an excellent physician and is concerned for the welfare of his patients as well as their health and safety. I have recommended Dr. Abir to several of my friends who have found him to be excellent also.
in warren nj |
It is my pleasure to write in support of Dr.Farshad Abir .His skills are excellent ,he demonstrated superior knowledge in his feild. he is brigth ,honest,hard working and very kind and caring and thougtful of others. i would recommend him to anyone.
in Union, NJ |
My visits to Dr. Abir have been quite the opposite of what one who needs to see a colorectal surgeon anticipate. His kind, confident manner put me at ease along with his thorough explanations. He has a positive outlook and is considerate of his patient’s feelings by talking them through the procedures as he works and visits immediately following surgery. He encourages his patients to contact him with any questions or concerns. Dr. Abir is a skilled professional with a pleasant disposition.
in Clifton, NJ |
Dr Abir did a colon resection on me February 29, 2016. I highly recommend him as a surgeon. He met with me and spent time explaining the procedure that would be done and scheduled the surgery quickly as possible. Within a few weeks I was doing well.It is now 10 months since the surgery and I am doing very well. Dr. Abir was available after the surgery for any questions I had. Could not have had a better result. Thank you so much Dr. Abir. I am living a very good healthy life thanks to you
in Warren, NJ |
I have been seeing Dr. Abir for over three years now. During these frequently visits I find that he is competent, knowledgeable about my condition and provides a positive viewpoint which always puts me at ease. Both Dr. Abir and his enter staff are very courteous as well. I would definitely recommend Dr. Abir to a family member or friend because of the confidence and demeanor he projects - to me, this shows he knows what he's doing!
in Basking Ridge, NJ |
Dr Abir was amazing, i was nervous about what was in front of me and he made me feel very confident and comfortable. His bed side manor was great and always put me at ease. The recovery from the surgery was quicker than expected, which i owe to DR Abir and how he performed the procedure. I had met with other Dr's prior and the recovery time would have been much longer. I would recommend DR Abir to any of my friends or family.
in scotch Plains New Jersey |
very good and professional doctor. had a colonoscopy done and had no problems at all he takes plenty of time to explain everything to you .
in scotch plains, nj |
I highly recommend Dr Abir for his professional & caring approach. He has wonderful bedside manners and makes you feel at ease.
in Summit, NJ |
Dr. Abir is an excellent surgeon who takes the time to figure out the problem and explain the course of action to correct the issue. In my case I had a recurring issue that he methodically dealt with and corrected properly. He took the time to make me feel like his #1 priority. He's a terrific guy in general as well - easy to talk to, explains medial jargon in layman's terms, etc. I can't recommend Dr. Abir more highly.
in Garwood, NJ |
Horrible! do not use
Have you seen Dr. Farshad Abir, MD?
Are you Dr. Abir?