Dr. Farshad Abir, MD

General Surgery ·  Male · Age 47

Dr. Abir

Summit Medical Group

1 Diamond Hill Rd Fl 4 Berkeley Heights, NJ 07922

Dr. Farshad Abir, MD is a general surgery specialist in Berkeley Heights, NJ and has been practicing for 19 years. He graduated from SUNY Downstate Medical Center College Of Medicine in 2000 and specializes in general surgery.

Dr. Abir's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Abir

3.7

Dr. Abir?
Dr. Abir's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Farshad Abir, MD
Last year I was diagnosed with Colon Cancer, Stage 3. Long story short, it took us quite a while to find a surgeon that specialized in my type of problem. The cancer was in a very difficult area, and our prospects were fairly grim. Everyone was telling me to go to New York City, they have the best surgeons. After a laborious research, reading reviews and scouring the Internet, we finally settle with Dr. Abir. Thank God we found Dr. Abir. After seeing several surgeons, my family and I were very confident that Dr. Abir was the one, after the first visit. He provided us with a great deal of confidence and restored our hope. He's has great experience, and he gave us straight answers. Something you really need from a surgeon. I put my life in Dr. Abir hands, with multiple procedures and surgeries. After a colon resection, ileostomy and finally a ileostomy reversal, now I'm cancer free.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Farshad Abir, MD?
I have been treating with Dr. Abir for many years. Yesterday he treated me surgically for a stressful issue. The surgery was successful, and Dr. Abir was terrific. His entire team is professional, focused and caring. Dr. Abir has an amazing patient centered approach, always willing to talk and answer questions. I am happy to recommend Dr. Abir and his staff, they are all TERRRIFIC. Luigi Monaco May 31, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Farshad Abir, MD?
Uncaring and blunt doctor I saw him for a umbilical hernia and he obnoxiously jammed his finger into the area with no concern for how painful it was for me , I had the repair done by him and I have never been the same since , I was later told by two other doctors that the scar and stitching looks sloppy
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Farshad Abir, MD?
Not friendly and a bit self-absorbed. He jumps to conclusions without giving a person a chance.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Farshad Abir, MD?
Dr. Abir performed a colonostomy on me and later reversed it after recovery. He is very professional and I 'd recommend him to anyone. He is attentive to detail and has a positive attitude.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Farshad Abir, MD?
Just had paradtomal hernia repair and resitation after 12 years with a permanent colostomy from Stage 3 Rectal cancer. His surgical skills and conservative approach to post-surgical recuperation had me back on my feet and functioning quickly. A truly amazing physician/surgeon. I would highly recommend him., and I’ve been through numerous surgeons unfortunately.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Farshad Abir, MD?
Dr. Abir is an amazing doctor.; from his bedside manor, to his skills inside the OR.. I was diagnosed with stage 3 colon cancer and Doctor Abir was with my family and i every step of the way. When you think of a doctor, you look for the following qualities and characteristics and Doctor Abir has them all. Friendly, Warm, Honest, Punctual and most importantly he is on the cutting edge of modern medicine. I truly don't think we would have been able to get through this process without him.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Farshad Abir, MD?
Had colerectal surgery due to diverticulitis. Dr Abir was freakin awesome. He told me he would take care of me and everything would be better than good. He was right. I had the surgery and felt bad for about 48 hours. After that I did nothing but get better and felt really good within 72 hours. Who'd have thought that I'd be in that good shape after major surgery? Im at 6 weeks now and he told me I should act like I never had surgery. He's one outstanding doctor.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Farshad Abir, MD?
I was referred to Dr. Abir by my primary physician because of repeated attacks of diverticulitis. He recommended a colon resection that entailed removing about a foot and a half of my colon. It has now been a little over 6 weeks since my surgery and it all went very smoothly. I only spent 2 nights in the hospital (I expected to spend 4) and after 2 weeks was back at work. I am now successfully progressing from a low-residue diet and back to exercising without any restrictions.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Farshad Abir, MD?
I first met Dr. Abir in December of 2015. In less than one month, he and his outstanding team, put me through a series of procedures to diagnose my cancer and create a strategy to address it. He suggested a team of doctors in various specialties to also treat me. Dr. Abir performed major surgery on me and worked seamlessly with all my doctors to got me healthy again. Eighteen months later he continues be my doctor. I am truly indebted to him for all he has done for me.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Farshad Abir, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Abir?

• General Surgery

• Colon & Rectal Surgery
  • General Surgery

2000
SUNY Downstate Medical Center College Of Medicine
2000

Dr. Abir accepts

Dr. Abir accepts the following insurance:

EmblemHealth