Dr. Farhad Zangeneh, MD

Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism ·  Male · Age 50

Dr. Zangeneh

Endocrine Diebetes/Osteoporo Cl

46090 Lake Center Plz Ste 106 Sterling, VA 20165

Dr. Farhad Zangeneh, MD is an endocrinology, diabetes & metabolism specialist in Sterling, VA and has been practicing for 19 years. He graduated from West Virginia University in 1989 and specializes in endocrinology, diabetes & metabolism.

Dr. Zangeneh accepts

Dr. Zangeneh accepts the following insurance:

Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield
KeyCare PPO
Blue Choice Advantage
Blue Preferred PPO
CareFirst Maryland POS
Coventry Health Care
Southern Health PPO

No malpractice claims found for Virginia

Check Dr. Zangeneh's experience treating your condition or procedure

• Hypothyroidism
  • Kidney Disease
  • Lipid Disorders
  • Malaise and Fatigue
  • Menstrual Disorders (incl. Dysmenorrhea)
  • Neck Pain
  • Thyroiditis
  • Vitamin D Deficiency
  • Weight Loss
  • Zollinger-Ellison Syndrome

We are committed to maintaining the highest standards for patient focused Endocrine and Metabolic medical care by empowering people to manage their health. We offer personalized attention in a friendly, courteous environment.

• Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism

3.3

Dr. Zangeneh?
Dr. Zangeneh's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Farhad Zangeneh, MD
Dr Zangeneh has a very serious and clinical approach to his patient's health issues. It's his way or the highway, but I LOVE how hard he has fought for me and against my health problems! Lesser doctors have cast me aside because of the complexity of my case, but to Dr Z, it's another day at the office where he rolls up his sleeves, tells it like it is, ASKS for your (the patient's) help to manage and/or solve your conditions if medically possible! WOW, I truly respect and love this doctor!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Farhad Zangeneh, MD?
Dr. Zangeneh is professional, caring and extremely knowledgeable. I’am grateful to have found him.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Farhad Zangeneh, MD?
I have a complicated situation that could easily have been misdiagnosed. Dr. Zangeneh saw through all the confounding variables and got to the real cause.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Farhad Zangeneh, MD?
Dr. Zangeneh is an outstanding doctor. He accurately diagnosed my seious, degenerative thyroid disease and prescribed an effective treatment plan. He has enabled me to live a normal life for 5 years, and I am very grateful for his excellent medical care. Dr. Zangeneh expects his patients to take responsibility for their diet and lifestyle choices, and he can be blunt if necessary. He understands the art and science of endocrinology. Highly recommend!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Farhad Zangeneh, MD?
Over the years he has helped successfully manage my type 2 diabetes, helped me loose 60 lbs., and most recently uncover the fact I had a bad case of heart disease. I had no symptoms and would not have discovered the problem until it was too late. If you want a best friend, probably not your guy. If you want an excellent partner to help manage your medical needs, I will say 5 stars.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Farhad Zangeneh, MD?
After years of being his patient, I am changing doctors. He does really push Metformin. He is rushed and does not listen. I just can't do it anymore. Thankful for his knowledge and network regarding thyroid cancer but now that the focus is shifting to pre-diabetes management, no can do. If stress can make your A1C levels go up then for my health, I am moving on.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Farhad Zangeneh, MD?
I agree w/ others that while Dr Z seems knowledgeable, he is always in a manic hurry. He doesn't listen and he explains things so fast, and does not try to connect individually w/ the patient. He is VERY anxious to medicate patients (tried over and over to put me on Metformin, although I was at the lowest end of PRE diabetes) and rather than coach patients to adjust their lifestyle, he openly states that he doesn't believe people can change. Insists on brand name meds, cost the patient 10 fold
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Farhad Zangeneh, MD?
Have been a patient of Dr. Zangeneh for more than three years. Came to him with undiagnosed type2 diabetes as well as associated issues such as poor thyroid. He has given me my health back and as far as I am concerned is the finest physician I have ever had the pleasure to deal with.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Farhad Zangeneh, MD?
Dr. Zanganeh is one of the smartest doctors I have ever come across. He explains everything simply so it is easy to understand. He is tough because he doesn't have patience for those who are not going to follow his instructions, and simply waste his time. He may not have the bedside manners that others complained about, although I did not feel that way, but he is sharp and extremely knowledgeable in his field. I want all my other doctors be like Dr. Zanganeh. He is the best in his field no doubt
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Farhad Zangeneh, MD?
I have been seeing Dr. Z for 2.5 years. He is the only doc who has really listened to my issues and treated me based off of how I am feeling, not what my blood work says. Yes, the wait time can be long but he will sit and talk with you for 20-30 minutes if you need to. I don't mind this "inconvenience". I am responsible for my health. If I choose to ignore his treatment plan, then I expect him to question me. I've sent 4 or 5 friends/family members to him and everyone feels like I do.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Farhad Zangeneh, MD?
Brusque & arrogant Doesnt listen completely Stuck in 80s. Will not send prescription to pharmacy, u have to physically go to pick it up even if u dont have an appt. Weekly diabetic log u need to fax it or email him.(I sent an email of logs in jpg format & he responded saying "I don't accept photos, send it by fax or email or scanned copy [I failed to see how a jpg is not a scanned copy]) He specifically asked the logs not to written in BLUE INK (he is the only person allowed) Vry long wait time
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Farhad Zangeneh, MD?
Dr. Zangeneh is definitely the Best! He knows what he's doing and even if he doesn't show it, he really does care. The Office staff are super friendly and even though the wait time is very long, I always believe, its because the doc spends time to actually fix the problem instead of rushing you through. I would highly recommend to anyone. He treated me for PCOS which led to 2 pregnancies and is now treating me for gestational diabetes. I travel almost an 1hr to get to him but its worth it!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Farhad Zangeneh, MD?
I have gone with my son 2 times to see Dr. Z. Both times we waited over an hour with no explanation or apology by anyone. When we finally see him he talks so fast and uses weird analogies to explain things. We end up not knowing what we are supposed to do. The office staff got mad at us bcs we hadn't gotten a blood test done prior to our visit, but neither my adult son or myself heard that in the rhetoric of his talking from the previous visit. He was bickering with the receptionist.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Farhad Zangeneh, MD?
Be prepared to wait for one hour or more in a gulag style prison. The lobby is kept at freezing temperatures and there is no cell phone service or WiFi. It was so cold that the lobby was a polar bear sanctuary. Once I am finally called in to see the doctor, I get the privilege of waiting in a tiny room that is actually warm. But don't expect to see the doctor, oh no, you have to wait another 15 minutes. He finally lumbers in and talks at a pace of a million words a minute. He has no manners or s
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Farhad Zangeneh, MD?
I had been very ill for sometime . Dr. Zangeneh and his staff have been the only ones out of the many offices I've been, to make me feel comfortable and continue to improve my overall wellness. Sometimes changes are needed but you get so stuck in bad routines. With the help of Dr. Z I have been able to understand the changes necessary for improving every level of wellness and finding the right balance to be my best. Without his staff and Dr. Z I wouldn't feel the amazing way I feel EVERYDAY!!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Farhad Zangeneh, MD?
Dr. Zangeneh literally has changed my life. His manner may seem a little brusque but he really listens. His plans of action are clear, practical, and carefully calibrated. There is no BS from him, and he won't tolerate it from you. Working with him for the last year and following his instructions, I feel really great for the first time in years. I highly recommend him!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Farhad Zangeneh, MD?
Dr. Zangeneh is experienced and knows what he's doing. Seeing him was the BEST medical decision I've made. He doesn't waste time & gets straight to the point. So if you're AREN'T use to directness it will shock you and I LOVE this about him. No BS. Time is precious & he doesn't waste it. Bring your med list & Dr. Z will illustrate what you need to take & how. His staff is efficient & at check out explains again what you need to do or who you need to see. I feel energized & 20! Thank you
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Farhad Zangeneh, MD?
Dr. Zangeneh is fantastic. He is very straightforward and shows genuine concern for one's well-being.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Farhad Zangeneh, MD?
Dr Z is the worse doctor I have ever seen. He runs around his office like someone is chasing him. Always in a hurry, or so it seems. Appts are rushed. Talks entirely too fast. Never explains things. Never asked me if I had any questions. Never asked me if everything he said makes sense to me. I could never get a word in to even ask a question, and if I started to he raised his voice to talk over me. I'm also not confident in his assessment of my condition so going elsewhere.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Farhad Zangeneh, MD?
He came highly recommended. Terrible bedside manner and lacks compassion to interact with patients. Very AMPED to prescribe medications that are brand new to the market. I was prescribed several medications that caused serious medical complications to include medication induced glaucoma. He refused to believe it was due to meds. When I chose to leave his practice, he then sent very nasty letters to my other Dr's that HE severed the Dr-Pt relationship. Moved on to new Dr, Best call!
Show more reviews

How was your experience with Dr. Zangeneh?