Dr. Farhad Zangeneh, MD

Dr. Farhad Zangeneh, MD

Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism  |
Dr. Farhad Zangeneh, MD is an endocrinology, diabetes & metabolism doctor who practices in Sterling, VA. He is 49 years old and has been practicing for 28 years.

46090 Lake Center Plz Ste 106

Sterling, VA 20165

• CareFirst Blue Cross Blue Shield

Learn about Dr. Zangeneh

See how frequently Dr. Zangeneh performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Testicular Dysfunction

Dr. Zangeneh's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

This content was provided by Dr. Zangeneh "We are committed to maintaining the highest standards for patient focused Endocrine and Metabolic medical care by empowering people to manage their health. We offer personalized attention in a friendly, courteous environment."

• Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism

• Vitamin D Deficiency
  • Weight Loss
  • Zollinger-Ellison Syndrome

• Diabetes Counseling

No malpractice history found for Virginia.

• West Virginia University
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed
  • Mayo Clinic and Mayo Graduate School Of Medicine
    Other Education | Completed

• Farsi

Dr. Zangeneh does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Zangeneh and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Zangeneh's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Zangeneh to family and friends
3.2
Dr. Zangeneh's Performance
Charles Town, WV |
I have been seeing Dr. Z for 2.5 years. He is the only doc who has really listened to my issues and treated me based off of how I am feeling, not what my blood work says. Yes, the wait time can be long but he will sit and talk with you for 20-30 minutes if you need to. I don't mind this "inconvenience". I am responsible for my health. If I choose to ignore his treatment plan, then I expect him to question me. I've sent 4 or 5 friends/family members to him and everyone feels like I do.
Brusque & arrogant Doesnt listen completely Stuck in 80s. Will not send prescription to pharmacy, u have to physically go to pick it up even if u dont have an appt. Weekly diabetic log u need to fax it or email him.(I sent an email of logs in jpg format & he responded saying "I don't accept photos, send it by fax or email or scanned copy [I failed to see how a jpg is not a scanned copy]) He specifically asked the logs not to written in BLUE INK (he is the only person allowed) Vry long wait time
in Alexandria, VA |
Dr. Zangeneh is definitely the Best! He knows what he's doing and even if he doesn't show it, he really does care. The Office staff are super friendly and even though the wait time is very long, I always believe, its because the doc spends time to actually fix the problem instead of rushing you through. I would highly recommend to anyone. He treated me for PCOS which led to 2 pregnancies and is now treating me for gestational diabetes. I travel almost an 1hr to get to him but its worth it!
in Leesburg, VA |
I have gone with my son 2 times to see Dr. Z. Both times we waited over an hour with no explanation or apology by anyone. When we finally see him he talks so fast and uses weird analogies to explain things. We end up not knowing what we are supposed to do. The office staff got mad at us bcs we hadn't gotten a blood test done prior to our visit, but neither my adult son or myself heard that in the rhetoric of his talking from the previous visit. He was bickering with the receptionist.
in Leesburg, VA |
Be prepared to wait for one hour or more in a gulag style prison. The lobby is kept at freezing temperatures and there is no cell phone service or WiFi. It was so cold that the lobby was a polar bear sanctuary. Once I am finally called in to see the doctor, I get the privilege of waiting in a tiny room that is actually warm. But don't expect to see the doctor, oh no, you have to wait another 15 minutes. He finally lumbers in and talks at a pace of a million words a minute. He has no manners or s
I had been very ill for sometime . Dr. Zangeneh and his staff have been the only ones out of the many offices I've been, to make me feel comfortable and continue to improve my overall wellness. Sometimes changes are needed but you get so stuck in bad routines. With the help of Dr. Z I have been able to understand the changes necessary for improving every level of wellness and finding the right balance to be my best. Without his staff and Dr. Z I wouldn't feel the amazing way I feel EVERYDAY!!!
in Lovettsville, VA |
Dr. Zangeneh literally has changed my life. His manner may seem a little brusque but he really listens. His plans of action are clear, practical, and carefully calibrated. There is no BS from him, and he won't tolerate it from you. Working with him for the last year and following his instructions, I feel really great for the first time in years. I highly recommend him!
in Winchester, VA |
Dr. Zangeneh is experienced and knows what he's doing. Seeing him was the BEST medical decision I've made. He doesn't waste time & gets straight to the point. So if you're AREN'T use to directness it will shock you and I LOVE this about him. No BS. Time is precious & he doesn't waste it. Bring your med list & Dr. Z will illustrate what you need to take & how. His staff is efficient & at check out explains again what you need to do or who you need to see. I feel energized & 20! Thank you
in Sterling |
Dr. Zangeneh is fantastic. He is very straightforward and shows genuine concern for one's well-being.
in Ashburn, VA |
Dr Z is the worse doctor I have ever seen. He runs around his office like someone is chasing him. Always in a hurry, or so it seems. Appts are rushed. Talks entirely too fast. Never explains things. Never asked me if I had any questions. Never asked me if everything he said makes sense to me. I could never get a word in to even ask a question, and if I started to he raised his voice to talk over me. I'm also not confident in his assessment of my condition so going elsewhere.
in Charles Town, WV |
He came highly recommended. Terrible bedside manner and lacks compassion to interact with patients. Very AMPED to prescribe medications that are brand new to the market. I was prescribed several medications that caused serious medical complications to include medication induced glaucoma. He refused to believe it was due to meds. When I chose to leave his practice, he then sent very nasty letters to my other Dr's that HE severed the Dr-Pt relationship. Moved on to new Dr, Best call!
in Fairfax, VA |
Rude staff and doctor is inconsiderate. Worst experience I ever had with a professional. They booked my appointment for the wrong day and when I reschedules they called to cancel the appointment.
in Sterling VA |
Waited for two and a half hours. When I finally saw the doctor he took a personal call on his cell phone. Treated me horribly. Never again.
Fairfax, VA |
Very abrupt. Treats patients as statistics, not people. Smart man, but no bedside manner. I routinely waited over an hour beyond my scheduled appointments. Time for a new doctor.
Sterling |
1st amd 2nd visits haf long wait time, over an hour. Staff over book appointments, so you wait for at least an hour to be seen. Doctor was rude and rushed with little listening skills.
New York, NY |
Good doctor but he lacks compassion. Spends very little time with patients.
Ashburn, VA |
I'm so glad I left his practice. I had been a patient for years and was so frustrated with his terrible communication skills (or lack there of). changing doctors was the best thing I ever did
Have you seen Dr. Farhad Zangeneh, MD?
Are you Dr. Zangeneh?