Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism  |
Dr. Fareed Elhaj, MD
Dr. Fareed Elhaj was born in New York but has been a native of Houston from a young age. He completed his undergraduate studies at Rice University with a focus on the medical sciences as well as the humanities and then attended Baylor College of Medicine focusing his training on hormonal disorders. He also completed additional internal medicine training at the rigorous Los Angeles County General Hospital in California. He has a particular interest in international medicine and has spent considerable time during his medical career doing medical volunteer work in West Africa, the Middle East and France. His comprehensive training in thyroid disease which includes additional training in thyroid ultrasound and nuclear medicine techniques were developed while working at several preeminent institutions including Texas Children's Hospital and MD Anderson Cancer Center. He has additional expertise in all hormonal disorders including osteoporosis, diabetes, pituitary and adrenal disease as well as diseases of the gonadal axis which include ovarian and testosterone-related diseases. He is also a Clinical Assistant Professor teaching for the Baylor College of Medicine Endocrinology Fellowship training program. He is an active member of the American Thyroid Association, American College of Clinical Endocrinologists, Texas Medical Association and Harris County Medical Society. He also enjoys spending time playing music as well as keeping healthy by jogging, swimming and practicing yoga.

18300 Katy Fwy # 225

Houston, TX 77094

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas

Learn about Dr. Elhaj

Dr. Elhaj strives for excellence in the diagnosis and treatment of all hormonal disorders by combining the most recent advances and techniques with a compassionate approach. He specializes in disorders of the endocrine system. He will go to great lengths to care for each and every patient and spend time listening to and addressing all questions and concerns.

Dr. Elhaj's Experience

Dr. Elhaj's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism

• Kidney Disease
  • Lipid Disorders
  • Malaise and Fatigue
  • Medullary Thyroid Cancer
  • Menstrual Disorders (incl. Dysmenorrhea)
  • Papillary Thyroid Cancer

• UCLA Medical Center
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2005
  • Baylor University
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2009

Dr. Elhaj has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Elhaj does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Elhaj and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Elhaj's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Elhaj to family and friends
4.0
Dr. Elhaj's Performance
in Katy, TX |
Dr. Elhaj is an excellent doctor with impeccable bedside manner and a thorough knowledge of diabetes. I've been a patient of his for over 5 years. I'm a T1 diabetic. With his help I have lowered my A1C from 8.1 to 5.9. Even if the waiting time can be a little annoying and scheduling an appointment can seem more cumbersome then it should-I still recommend him as an endocrinologist.
in Houston, Tx |
The doctor was a good doctor but their billing dept and staff are incompetent
Houston, TX |
I don't know what I can name this person, I don't think he knows anything about medicine! I have thyroid cancer and done thyroidectomy , so I need to take everyday thyroxine tab for my survival!!!! But due to his behavior, I don't have any tablet now to take!!! Finding endocrinologist is not simple, like him I can find a lot, but I need a doctor who knows about medicine!! I don't understand, this doctor does not know how serious is my condition!!! I hope , god help to his patients!
Houston, TX |
Excellent patient- doctor communication skills. A real pro and a relief to talk with a doctor that listens and explains to his patients what is going on. I would recommend him to all of my friends and family!
in Victoria, TX |
I needed a 2nd expert opinion. After much research HTES was my selection and my brother, a pathologist, confirmed. Dr. Elhaj examined all my test results, answered my questions, performed the biopsies. I have already recommended him to friends needing an endocrinologist. I am in great hands
Bellaire, TX |
Excellent doctor
Houston, TX |
Dr. Elhaj is very calm and gave us time to aks him a lot of questions.
in Midland, TX |
He is attentive, answered all my questions, and made recommendations. He shows compassion and is willing to share his knowledge and experiences in understandable terms. I live in West Texas but I'm willing to travel to Houston to get the the expert care and information for Graves' Disease and hypothyroidism Dr Elhaj provides. I would highly recommend him.
in Katy, TX |
I have seen Dr. Elhaj for a little over a year for treatment of thyroid cancer. I have been to both the downtown office and the Katy location. I have never had any problems scheduling appointments. The office is very good about answering any questions I have outside of my scheduled appointment time. Dr. Elhaj is very knowledgeable about treatment. He is very aware of current practices and takes time to answer any questions. I have been very happy with my care and would recommend him to others.
in Spring, TX |
Dr. Elhaj has always been friendly, compassionate, patient & professional. He genuinely takes my input & wishes into consideration throughout my continued treatment
Have you seen Dr. Fareed Elhaj, MD?
Are you Dr. Elhaj?