Dr. Fareed Elhaj, MD

Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism ·  Male · Age 44

Dr. Elhaj

Dr. Fareed Elhaj, MD is an endocrinology, diabetes & metabolism specialist in Houston, TX and has been practicing for 10 years. He graduated from Baylor University in 2002 and specializes in endocrinology, diabetes & metabolism and internal medicine.

Make an appointment

Dr. Elhaj accepts

Dr. Elhaj accepts the following insurance:

Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas
Blue Advantage HMO
Blue Choice
Preferred PPO

No malpractice claims found for Texas

Check Dr. Elhaj's experience treating your condition or procedure

• Kidney Disease
  • Lipid Disorders
  • Malaise and Fatigue
  • Medullary Thyroid Cancer
  • Menstrual Disorders (incl. Dysmenorrhea)
  • Papillary Thyroid Cancer
  • Thyroiditis
  • Ultrasound, Thyroid
  • Ultrasound-Guided Biopsy
  • Vitamin D Deficiency

Dr. Elhaj strives for excellence in the diagnosis and treatment of all hormonal disorders by combining the most recent advances and techniques with a compassionate approach. He specializes in disorders of the endocrine system. He will go to great lengths to care for each and every patient and spend time listening to and addressing all questions and concerns.

• Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism

4.3

Dr. Elhaj?
Dr. Elhaj's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Fareed Elhaj, MD
I may sound a bit over dramatic but I had been misdiagnosed for so long when I found Dr. Elhaj (from reviews). My first visit I remember crying uncontrollably and thinking I was crazy. He immediately diagnosed me. He had medical equipment in his office so he could test me along with my bloodwork. He helped me have a life again. I can never thank him enough. Yes it can be a wait sometime, But he gives me the time I need. The office personnel assists me with anything I need. Thank you Dr. Elhaj
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Fareed Elhaj, MD?
All of the women in my family have thyroid issues. ALL of them except me until my late 30s. I have all of the symptoms but my test results only showed very low thyroid levels but not officially hypothyroid. He completely ignored my symptoms and my family history and told me that as women age most of them just gain weight (NOT my only system at all). FTR, I've never had a weight problem in my life until I hit my very late 30s and I don't eat bad food except on occasion.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Fareed Elhaj, MD?
While Dr. Elhaj will spend time with his patients, he won't really work with you to come up with a treatment plan. I would only go to him if your issues are textbook. I was unable to reach the office after leaving 3 messages on the patient portal and could not leave a voicemail for the nurse due to it being full. Also, my 2017 and 2018 appointments had a wait time of 1 hour telling me they are over-scheduling.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Fareed Elhaj, MD?
Dr. Elhaj is always pleasant and is attentive to any symptoms, questions, or concerns. The office staff is professional and helpful.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Fareed Elhaj, MD?
This was my second visit and I must say that he has a lot of patience and knowledge . In this day and age google and all the other people around us feed us with so much information that we get overwhelmed. Dr.Elhaj was not only patient but answered to all my questions in detail. Didn’t even make me think once that my questions were not relevant ,rather he explained each one of them . I have my next visit in three months and cant wait to feel much better with the thyroid condition.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Fareed Elhaj, MD?
Dr Elhaj is a wonderful doctor. My blood sugar was over 300 for a year I was on a insulin pump from another endocrinologist. After just one visit my blood sugar is in normal range for a type 2 diabetic. On my second visit he took me off of the insulin pump. His staff is very friendly and professional. I definitely have and will continue to recommend Dr Elhaj.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Fareed Elhaj, MD?
Dr Elhaj is an excellent physician and is worth the trip to the medical centre or here in Katy. He is an excellent physician who really cares about his patients welfare... I would highly recommend him to any friend or family member.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Fareed Elhaj, MD?
Dr. Elhaj is excellent in all aspects. He is very smart and knowledgeable. He spent enough time with my mother to discuss about the importance of controlling her diabetes. He was very empathetic. She has no insurance but there was no discrimination. He still showed her respect and great care which we barely see nowadays. He is very generous to the ones in need. Of course, he is highly recommended to all of my friends and family. We felt so blessed to have him as our endocrinologist.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Fareed Elhaj, MD?
There is minimal wait time for appointments. Dr. Elhaj seems to run in time as I have never waited longer than 15-20 mins for my appointment. He is extremely knowledgeable and I trust his treatment. I recommend my own patients needing an endocrinologist to Dr. Elhaj and his colleagues.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Fareed Elhaj, MD?
Dr. Elhaj has been helping me manage my diabetes for 3 years now. I love his approach to educate and hold me accountable to my own care. He is very responsive to my concerns.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Fareed Elhaj, MD?
Dr Elhaj is excellent and his staff is professional yet friendly. The Healow app allows you to keep medications handy and updated on your phone and see lab results. The doctor is is empathetic and encouraging without being preachy. Katy location is easy in and out, but sometimes easier to get appointments in the med center.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Fareed Elhaj, MD?
I have had several diabetes Dr’s over the years, few have listened and tried to help me reach my goals like Dr Elhaj. He quininely want to help me accomplish my goals. His staff was courteous and helpful. They did a great job moving around the schedule to accommodate my needs. Very impressed with the entire experience.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Fareed Elhaj, MD?
Great doctor - empathetic, friendly, knowledgeable, courteous and always a big smile on his face! Would recommend.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Fareed Elhaj, MD?
Wait time is very minimal. Dr. Elhaj has a warm and knowledgeable bedside manner. Office staff is always friendly and responsive. Patient portal is user friendly.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Fareed Elhaj, MD?
Dr Elhaj has been an amazing endocrinologist. His office is pleasant and helpful. They are usually on time. I cannot say enough about how much I love this group.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Fareed Elhaj, MD?
Dr. Elhaj is very kind, friendly and very knowledgeable. He diagnosed my condition as very professional (I saw another doctor before and she was not knowledgeable and I didn’t believe her diagnosis and it was wrong.). He spends enough time for every patient, and that means sometimes waiting time is long like an hour (avoid Friday, he is very busy) but I really want to recommend Dr. Elhaji!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Fareed Elhaj, MD?
Friendly, thorough, and fast. Dr. Elhaj covers all the bases.
I strongly recommend dr.elhaj He is smart,calm & reassuring
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Fareed Elhaj, MD?
Dr Elhaj is knowledgeable and spends as much time as needed answering all questions. His staff is friendly and prompt and there are no long waits to see the dr.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Fareed Elhaj, MD?
Dr Elihaj was very polite and friendly. He answered all my questions in an easy to understand way. I would recommend him to others.
Show more reviews

How was your experience with Dr. Elhaj?

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Dr. Elhaj treats patients.