Dr. Fady I. Sharara, MD

Obstetrics & Gynecology | Male | 55 years old

Personal attention and aompassionate careRead more

Virginia Center for Reproductive Medicine
Maternity Care Excellence Award

Dr. Sharara is on the medical staff at our top-rated hospital.

View Awards

Personal attention and aompassionate careRead more

Dr. Sharara's Experience

See how Dr. Sharara's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Sharara

Dr. Sharara accepts 3 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Sharara has admitting privileges.

Dr. Sharara's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Sharara to family and friends
4.1
Dr. Sharara's Performance
Warrenton, VA |
Through Dr. Sharara's personal approach, which includes a holistic look at the patient from diet and supplements to fertility test results, he created an individualized plan for me and my husband to optimize the success of getting pregnant the first time through IVF--and we did! We love the staff at VCRM and really liked the small practice that felt more like visiting your family than your doctor. Dr. Sharara really cares about helping his patients achieve their dream of being parents.
in Bristow, VA |
We did some research before deciding which fertility clinic we should work with and after looking at Dr. Sharara's good reviews, we decided to go to his clinic. We went through 3 cycles/3 transfers with no luck. We went to Shady Grove Fertility Center and got pregnant the first cycle/transfer. Dr. Sharara is one man show and lacks organization. Even after the first failed cycle, he used the same protocols the second and the third cycle. Some of his staff are not friendly. Glad we went with SG!!
Fredericksburg, VA |
My husband and I turned to Dr. Sharara and the Virginia Center for Reproductive Medicine after struggling for over 8 years to conceive, including two failed IUI attempts with a different fertility clinic. What brought us to Dr. Sharara’s office was the personalized level of attention we received as patients, and the detailed level of scientific care put into our treatment plan. Dr. Sharara and his team are dedicated to using the latest scientific techniques to help couples overcome infertility.
Ashburn, VA |
I was a patient 10 years ago. He and his staff were very supportive, the visits were always pleasant. He has an excellent bedside manner.
in Arlington, VA |
My wife and I had struggled with infertility for 3 years. As an older male, time for us was of the essence. After months of stress and disappointment, we met Dr. Sharara. His approach was direct, highly technical, clear and organized. He was the first to give us a progressive, step-by-step plan that focused on determining factors affecting fertility and mitigating those naturally, before proceeding with other procedures like IUI. With his help and guidance, we now have a healthy little boy!
in Arlington, VA |
I'm writing this as an egg donor who has been through several donation cycles with VCRM. I didn't know exactly how horrible the environment was until I went elsewhere. In comparison, Sharara is not only condescending and somewhat misogynistic, but outright rude--both to his staff and clients. He has yelled at me to the point it brought me to tears, he is dismissive and calloused, and verbally abuses his staff. He even refused to pay me after a donation cycle, despite a legal agreement.
in Arlington, VA |
We absolutely recommend Dr. Sharara and VCRM to other couples dealing with infertility and considering IVF. Dr. Sharara is smart, direct, and up to speed on the latest, cutting edge research. This is a practice that works with and succeeds with hard cases --people who have failed at other clinics. My issues were advanced age, diminished ovarian reserve and a thin lining. Despite this we are pregnant and are having a healthy pregnancy thanks to Dr. Sharara and his wonderful staff.
Oak Park, IL |
The best fertility doctor, supported by the most efficient and caring team that you?ll ever find. I wouldn't trust anyone else!
Have you seen Dr. Fady I. Sharara, MD?
Are you Dr. Sharara?

Dr. Sharara's Care Philosophy

Personal attention and aompassionate care

Dr. Sharara's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Obstetrics & Gynecology
  •  Board certified in Fertility & Reproductive Endocrinology and Obstetrics & Gynecology

Dr. Sharara has no media or publications listed.

No malpractice history found for Virginia.

Why It Matters: Dr. Sharara's Board Certifications

• Fertility & Reproductive Endocrinology
  • Obstetrics & Gynecology

• Female Infertility
  • Male Infertility
  • Menstrual Disorders (incl. Dysmenorrhea)
  • Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome

American University Of Beirut
    Good Samaritan Hospital
    Georgetown University Hospital
    National Institute of Health

• Arabic
  • French

Dr. Sharara does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Sharara and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Obstetrics & Gynecology
  • Reproductive Endocrinology & Infertility

• Donor Egg Collection
  • Donor Sperm Collection
  • In Vitro Fertilization
  • Intra Uterine Insemination
  • Intracytoplasmic Sperm Injection (ICSI)
  • Pregnancy Ultrasound