Dr. F Barranco, MD

Dr. F Barranco, MD

Neurosurgery  ·

Dr. F Barranco, MD is a neurosurgery specialist in Phoenix, AZ and has been practicing for 35 years. He specializes in neurosurgery and radiation oncology.

Barrow Brain and Spine

2910 N 3rd Ave

Phoenix, AZ 85013

• Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System (AHCCCS)
  • Arizona Medical Network
  • Arizona PHCS
  • AZ Foundation Medical Care (AZFMC)
  • Compassionate Care Network (CCN)
  • Golden Rule
  • Indian Health Service
  • Maricopa Foundation For Medical Care
  • Mercy Care

Learn about Dr. Barranco

See how frequently Dr. Barranco performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Hydrocephalus
Normal Pressure Hydrocephalus
Cerebrospinal Fluid (CSF) Shunt - Insertion, Repair or Removal

Dr. Barranco's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

This content was provided by Dr. Barranco "At BBS, we put our patients first.  We are committed to treating our patients with compassion and to providing innovative and sound medical options for the treatment of our patient's neurological conditions.  As a patient of BBS, your health and well-being are important to us.  The neurosurgeons, physiatrists, hospital staff, neurological institute, and other members of our multidisciplinary team work together with one goal in mind - helping you get well. "

• Neurosurgery
  • Radiation Oncology

• Neurosurgery
    Accredited by: American Board of Medical Specialties*

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Arizona.

• Keck School Of Medicine, Usc
    Medical School | Graduated 1983
  • University Of Pittsburgh Montefiore Hospital
    Internship Hospital | Completed
  • Perelman School of Medicine University of Pennsylvania
  • University of Pennsylvania Hospital
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed

Dr. Barranco has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Barranco does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Barranco and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Barranco's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Barranco to family and friends

Dr. Barranco's Performance

Dr Barranco was the only way I was able to deal with the diagnosis of my brain tumor. My wife and had no idea what we were going to do. Dr Barranco staff was just as caring as he was.. I finished up radiation just over a week ago. I was diagnosed on April 13 and surgery was on May 3rd. I'm...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option
I just wanted to add more to Dr Barrancos survey that I already wrote: I had my last post op end of May 2017. On most days I am 100% and feel great! I had my surgery 1st week of Feb. He is kind and does care about his patients. As far as I am concerned he is the BEST!!!!! Now, I hadn't had any...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option
With a herniated disk in my neck and extreme arm pain, I was told I needed surgery. We had already tried physical therapy and steroid injections. I contacted Barrow and they matched me with Dr. Barranco and I was thrilled. Within days of dropping off my MRI, they were able to fit me in. Within...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option
Dr. Barranco is a skilled surgeon. He and his team do an outstanding job of explaining and following up on their procedures. The entire experience from his team through the hospitalization was first-rate. There was no Detail it was not handled perfectly.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option
My surgery was extremely successful. Dr. Barranco and his team are professional, courteous and pay attention to the patient's needs. I'm more than happy with the staff and the quick recovery from my spine surgery.
Are you Dr. Barranco?