Dr. Everett DeJong, MD

Sports Medicine | Male

Dr. Everett DeJong, MD
Dr. Everett DeJong, MD is a sports medicine doctor who practices in Melbourne, FL. He is 54 years old and has been practicing for 28 years. Dr. DeJong is affiliated with Holmes Regional Medical Center.

Dr. DeJong's Experience

See how Dr. DeJong's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. DeJong

Dr. DeJong accepts 17 insurance carriers

Dr. DeJong is now accepting new patients

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. DeJong has admitting privileges.

Dr. DeJong's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. DeJong to family and friends
4.4
Dr. DeJong's Performance
Palm Bay, FL |
I had ACL reconstructive surgery on my right knee. He did a wonderful job, I can honestly say the knee felt better immediately after surgery, and the swelling I had was fairly minimal. Prior to surgery he was very clear and exact regarding the damage to my knee, and the protocol necessary to ensure the best outcome. He did not rush the surgery and in fact delayed my first date due to my range of motion not being sufficient. But it was the right decision, I could not be happier with the results.
in Melbourne, FL |
Dr. DeJong is the best. I had to take my daughter to see him after a sports injury. I had a small wait to see him which I have learned to expect when seeing ANY Physician worth seeing, an office you never have even a small wait for is an office that isn't taking the proper time with their patients. He took his time explain everything and answered my all my questions. My daughter is back to sports doing very well. If your looking for a good Sports medicine Dr. I def. highly recommend Dr. Dejong.
Vero Beach, FL |
After seeing several specialists at an academic medical center, I tried Dr. DeJong as prior physicians were extremely compassionate and thorough but could find no reasons for my pain. Dr. DeJong kept me waiting for almost 1 1/4 hours as he dictated other patients' notes; told me he didn't want to read my notes (I had previous tentative diagnoses & questions on a piece of paper.) On exam he gave me little feedback, didn't give results of x-rays, begrudgingly answered questions with the door open
in Palm Bay, FL |
Dr DeJong is a first rate physician & surgeon. He performed surgery on my knee and he took time to answer all my questions and concerns. His office staff is the best also !
in Palm Bay, FL |
Visited for evaluation of significant shoulder pain. Dr. DeJong explained the shoulder issue thoroughly. Recommended cortisone shot to ease the pain and inflammation. Pain was totally gone in less than a day and range of motion is back to normal.
in Melbourne, Florida USA |
I was totally satisfied with the care Dr. DeJong gave me from initial examination, during treatment, and through final care for the broken bone in my leg. He showed complete interest and care in treating my problem, and was able to communicate on a patient level to assure me that I was in good hands. I am a retired RN after 40+ years of practicing, I find Dr. DeJong personable and of a nature that does not talk down to patients, he identifies with them on a more human level.
in Indialantic |
Excellent!
Rockledge, FL |
I feel completely confident in Dr DeJong's expertise. He is straightforward and honest in discussing pros and cons of surgeries or procedures. I am elated to have gone from having chronic knee pain and mobility problems to being virtually pain free as a result of surgery done only a few weeks ago. The course of post surgery recovery was easy and I appreciated his willingness to respond to questions or urgent phone calls as needed. Recommend Dr De Jong very highly.
in Melbourne, FL |
Amazing orthopedic surgeon. He did surgery on my left knee. After years of pain I'm finally pain free. Very professional and curtious. I recommend him to all with worn and damaged knees.
in Merritt Island, FL |
He Was Great And Help With the Pain's in my Leg's.
in Melbourne, FL 32935 |
Absolutely the best. He repaired both my left shoulder & knee. The results were fantastic.
in Melbourne, FL |
I would definitely recommend Dr. DeJong to family, friends and to who every needs orthopedic surgery, I was up and walking without crutches 2 days after surgery. His staff is very professional and courtesy.
in Melbourne Beach, FL |
I had Knee surgery with Dr. DeJong. He was absolutely incredible and I highly recommend him to everyone. Both before and after the surgery he always explained carefully what he was doing and what my part in the recovery should be.He listens carefully to his patient's concerns and takes them into consideration. His team at his rooms and at the surgery center were caring,friendly and very competent. Because of Dr DeJong's excellent procedures my recovery was fast and very successful.
Have you seen Dr. Everett DeJong, MD?
Are you Dr. DeJong?

Compare Dr. DeJong

Dr. DeJong's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Sports Medicine
  •  Board certified in Orthopaedic Sports Medicine and Orthopedic Surgery

Dr. DeJong has no media or publications listed.

Why It Matters: Dr. DeJong's Board Certifications

• Knee Dislocation
  • Knee Fracture
  • Knee Sprain
  • Lateral Collateral Ligament (LCL) Sprain
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
  • Medial Collateral Ligament (MCL) Sprain
  • Neck Strain (incl. Whiplash Injury)
  • Rotator Cuff Tear

Tripler Army Med Center

Completed in 1996

Keller Army Community Hospital

Completed in 2001

Dr. DeJong does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. DeJong and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Sports Medicine