Dr. Evander Fogle, MD

Dr. Evander Fogle, MD

Orthopedic Sports Medicine  |
Dr. Evander Fogle, MD is an orthopedic sports medicine doctor who practices in Atlanta, GA. He is 46 years old and has been practicing for 19 years. Read his story

5671 Peachtree Dunwoody Rd Ste 900

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of Georgia

Learn about Dr. Fogle

See how frequently Dr. Fogle performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Knee Sprain
Adhesive Capsulitis
Sprains and Strains (incl. Muscle Tear)

Dr. Fogle's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

Dr. Fogle's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Fogle "At a young age, I sought to become an engineer as I enjoyed fixing and building things. That all changed when I was in college. I envisioned a career that would positively impact people. Once I discovered the medical specialty of orthopaedic surgery, it seemed to be the perfect combination of caring for people and using engineering principles. As native Atlantan, I attended The Westminster Schools, spending my senior year abroad in Germany. I majored in economics at Stanford University prior to studying medicine at Vanderbilt University School of Medicine. After five years of orthopaedic residency training at Emory University, I served in the US Navy as the staff orthopaedic surgeon in Guantanamo Bay, Cuba and cared for wounded Marines at Naval Hospital Camp Pendleton, California. I am happily married with three young children and enjoy my kids' activities, cars, golf, wakeboarding, scuba diving and fishing."

This content was provided by Dr. Fogle "I view each patient as an individual person with a unique set of needs and desires.  My priority is to listen to the specific needs and to work collaboratively with the patient to help achieve their goals for pain relief and increased function.  In the majority of patients, non-surgical care is successful in achieving these goals.

I also firmly believe in Resurgens' Mission, which is to provide excellent, patient-focused and comprehensive musculoskeletal care to the Atlanta community and surrounding areas."

• Orthopedic Sports Medicine

• Clavicle Fracture
  • Coccygeal Pain
  • Elbow Bursitis
  • Elbow Sprain
  • Enthesopathy of Knee (incl. Bursitis of Knee)
  • Foot Sprain
  • Knee Fracture
  • Knee Pain
  • Knee Sprain
  • Lateral Collateral Ligament (LCL) Sprain
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
  • Ligament Tears
  • Lumbar Spine Fracture
  • Lupus
  • Medial Collateral Ligament (MCL) Sprain
  • Meniscus Tear
  • Neck Muscle Strain
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Osgood Schlatter Disease
  • Shoulder Pain
  • Shoulder Tendinitis and Tenosynovitis
  • Sports Injuries
  • Systemic Chondromalacia
  • Tennis Elbow (Lateral Epicondylitis)
  • Tibia and Fibula Fractures

• Elbow Fracture and-or Dislocation Treatment, Open
  • Elbow Tenotomy
  • Excision of Radius or Ulna
  • Foot and Ankle Ligament and Tendon Repair
  • Fracture Open Reduction and Internal Fixation (ORIF)
  • Hip Fracture and-or Dislocation Treatment, Open
  • Knee Arthroscopy
  • Knee Surgery
  • Knee and Leg Fracture and Dislocation Treatment
  • Knee and Lower Leg Fracture Treatment, Closed
  • Knee and Lower Leg Fracture Treatment, Open
  • Kyphoplasty, Percutaneous
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Ligament Reconstruction
  • Meniscectomy
  • Myofascial Trigger Point Injection
  • Partial Shoulder Replacement
  • Platelet-Rich Plasma Injection (PRP)
  • Reverse Total Shoulder and Total Shoulder Replacement
  • Spinal Compression Fracture Repair
  • Spinal Fusion
  • Spinal Reconstructive Surgery for Deformities
  • Viscosupplementation With Hyaluronate

No malpractice history found for Georgia.

• Stanford University
  • Emory University School Of Med
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2003
  • University Of Southern California School Of Med
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2007

Dr. Fogle has no media or publications listed.

• German

Dr. Fogle does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Fogle and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Fogle's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Fogle to family and friends
Dr. Fogle Says:

As a Resurgens physician, I take pride and interest in my patients.  I am grateful when someone takes the time out of their day to comment on quality of service I have provided.  It is the ultimate honor when one of my patients refers a family member or friend to my practice.  If you are unsatisfied with an aspect of your care, please contact me by calling my office and asking to...

Dr. Fogle's Performance
in Acworth, GA |
I feel extremely grateful to have been referred to Dr. Fogle for my shoulder injury. He has been an amazing doctor and surgeon. He was very thorough with my surgery for my rotator cuff tear. He listens, cares about his patients, and makes you feel very comfortable. I feel as though Dr. Fogle spends the time necessary with me and truly has my best interest at heart. He does excellent work. Emily and his staff are also great! The only negative is I wish he could also be my primary care physician.
in Roswell,. Ga |
I would highly recommend Dr. Fogle to any one who has to have shoulder surgery. I had both shoulders replaced. I have no pain at all. He is an excellent doctor. I know I am in good hands with him doing my su,rgery.
in Newnan |
I have been going to Dr. Fogle for about 5 years now. I finally had my shoulder surgery it went perfect. Very few doctors I trust like I do Dr Fogel. I would recommend him to any and all that are in the market for an incredible doctor. His staff is courteous knowledgeable and will go out of their way for you, that is very hard to find these days.
in Marietta, GA |
It's tough aging...another torn meniscus was repaired last week under the skilled care of Dr. Fogle. He's bright, kind, empathetic and meticulous. I had had similar work on the other knee done 7 years earlier but was referred to Dr. Fogle this time. I found him extremely easy to talk to, very patient and very knowledgeable. The staff associated with him are all great! I'd recommend him to a friend, anytime!
in Marietta, GA |
Dr. Fogle performed a total shoulder replacement for me in Dec 2016. I can NOT say enough GREAT things about Dr. Fogle!!! His an AMAZING Doctor. I felt complete confidence in his knowledge and assessment right from the start. Other than surgical pain for a couple of weeks, I felt great! After 3 months I am pain free and have complete mobility of my arm. Emily and Olivia are also amazing. If you are experiencing shoulder pain, don't walk, RUN to Dr Fogle. I will miss him and his staff!
in Stone Mountain |
Dr. Fogle is an excellent doctor. I was diagnosed with a severely torn rotator cuff and bicep tear and had to undergo surgery in August 2016. After several months of physical therapy and follow-up visits to Dr. Fogle, I am doing very well. I attribute much of my healing to the outstanding job Dr. Fogle did in repairing my injuries, and recommending appropriate physical therapy. He is a very knowledgeable and caring doctor who listens to his patient.
in Atlanta, GA |
I found Dr. Fogle after searching the web for orthopaedic surgeons OTHER physicians would see for their own health concerns. He listened to my issues, gave thorough explanations of my problems and set out a plan of action. I had arthroscopic knee repair and my recovery has been quick and relatively painless. Follow up appointments were used to evaluate my progress and to discuss next possible steps in regards to surgery, cartilage regeneration, etc. He and his staff are awesome!
in Tucker, GA |
I had a total shoulder replacement. I am very pleased with the result and level of care that I received. Dr. Fogle has a great manner and explains everything in as much detail as you want.
Marietta, GA |
Dr. Fogle is extremely knowledgeable and always shows great care whenever we meet for an appointment. He always gives you 100% of his attention during appointments answering any questions with understandable and confident explanations. He repaired my torn meniscus and ACL, and even knew my ACL was torn when the MRI was showing otherwise - he knows his stuff! Recovery has been right on track and I am back active and moving on it without any holdups or issues. Thank you Dr. Fogle!
My physician recommended Dr. Fogle in 2013 for knee issues. He fully explains things and presents options, never pushing surgical options, but realistic in outcomes of all. Had a fall over a year ago and damaged shoulders. He performed rotator cuff surgery on both last year (multiple repairs on each). Now they are both just about good as new and I am pain free and can finally sleep again at night. Eternal thanks to Dr. Fogle (and his team) for experience, expertise, kindness and support!
in Atlanta, GA |
I've been going to Dr. Fogle intermittently for years, for my knees and now my shoulder. He has a wonderful manner, is patient and always seems genuinely interested in whatever issue I have at the time. He also did my husband's rotator cuff surgery. As long as Dr. Fogle is around, he'll be my go-to for orthopeodic doctor.
in Atlanta, GA |
Dr. Fogle performed surgery for 2 rotator cuff tears in my left shoulder several weeks ago. Dr. Fogle is part of the Resurgens Ortho group in Atlanta and is an excellent physician. He is totally focused on patient outcomes and does not jump to surgery as the first option. His staff are professional and helpful. I highly recommend Dr. Fogle.
in Dunwoody, GA |
Dr. Fogle is a wonderful doctor! He helped me with pain in my elbows (lateral epicondylitis) that had been bothering me for a year. He started conservatively by injection cortisone into each elbow. When this only worked for three to four weeks, he offered me another alternative, surgery. He explained all of the risk factors and the positives of the surgery. He performed the surgery in my right elbow first and when that one healed, he did the left elbow. He is also a wonderful person!
Atlanta, GA |
Dr. Fogle and his entire staff are wonderful. I fractured my tibial plateau in June and both he and his PA-C gave me excellent care throughout the entire process. I had surgery and several follow-up visits. On every occasion, he has had impeccable bedside manner and has clearly explained all aspects of my injury. I am continuing treatment with his office for arthritis pain in both knees and he has referred me to another physician for knee replacements next year.
in Duluth, GA |
Dr. Fogle is an excellent clinician but he also has a great bedside manner. He explains diagnoses and proposed treatment in a way that is understandable and he willing to answer questions and concerns. He is also quite kind and is truly interested in the concerns of his patients.
in Atlanta, GA |
Dr. Fogle surgically repaired 3 torn tendons within my rotator cuff using arthroscopy. It took 18 long weeks to recover (just as Dr Gegle said it would), but I am almost back to normal with very small scars. Nice job Doc!
in Alpharetta, GA |
Dr. Fogle is such a warm person. I had my ACL reconstruction done by him last week and am extremely thankful to god and him for work that has been performed. I am recovering very well thanks to his great work. He is very calming and that helps me out big time. He explains all the options i have and once i ask his recommendation, he is very assertive and gives his reason as to why he recommends a particular option. I had complete trust with the way he interacted with me.
in Dunwoody, GA |
I am a 50 year old male who has been athletic my whole life. I recently had surgery on my shoulder for a rotator cuff tear, partial bicep rupture as well as some other degenerative issues. I was impressed with every step of the process, from the initial appointment and diagnosis to the surgery and now recovery physical therapy. I put this surgery off for years, ultimately making the inevitable worse, and am now very happy with the outcome! I look forward to working our for many more years!
in Atlanta, GA |
We selected Dr. Fogle for a soccer-caused broken fibula and torn ligaments on both sides of the right ankle. He and his office staff of supporting doctors and nurses were helpful, efficient, patient and competent. The ankle was repaired surgically, healed quickly, and rehab was started immediately so this unhappy, painful and trying experience was made much more bearable and better by this capable surgery and rehab group! Thank you all for your dedication.
in Sharpsburg, GA |
Dr. Fogle was recommended to me by my primary physician after I severely injured my shoulder in a fall while working at our lake house. Although nothing was broken I had torn my front rotator cuff and my upper rotator was torn completely and retracted. Dr. Fogle patched it all back together, scraped away a bunch of arthritis, and relocated my bicep. Although I still have some time left before I'm back to 100%, I am very happy with the results and progress I've made.
Ready to do it again. Everybody was great. Dr. Fogle is awesome and let me know just what to expect.
in Peachtree City, GA |
Partial knee replacement. Professional, caring, NO PAIN.
Tavernier, FL |
Our son has his collarbone broken in several pieces, and Dr. Fogle did a great job of repairing his collarbone. Very professional!
in Duluth GA |
The Experience was and is fantastic. He really cares about his patients. He is people oriented and he knows his stuff. I recommend him if u need a surgeon.
Have you seen Dr. Evander Fogle, MD?
Are you Dr. Fogle?