Dr. Evan Tummel, MD

Dr. Evan Tummel, MD

Breast Surgery  |

Contact provider for availability

Dr. Evan Tummel specializes in breast surgery and the treatment of breast disease including breast cancer. Dr. Tummel is board certified by the American Board of Surgery and is a member of the American College of Surgeons, American Society of Breast Surgeons, Society of Surgical Oncology, Florida Medical Association, Hillsborough County Medical Association, and the American Medical Association. Dr. Tummel received his undergraduate degree at Baylor University and his Doctor of Medicine from the University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio. His residency was completed at the University of South Florida College of Medicine where he served as Chief Resident in General Surgery. He completed his Breast Surgery Fellowship at the University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences and the Winthrop P. Rockefeller Cancer Institute. Dr. Tummel has received the following awards; Patient's Choice Award (2008,2009,2014),Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2009,2014) and On-Time Doctor Award 2009,2014

Women's Care of Florida

602 Vonderburg Dr Ste 101

Brandon, FL 33511

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of Florida

Learn about Dr. Tummel

Dr. Tummel's Experience

Dr. Tummel's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Breast Surgery

• University Of Arkansas
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed
  • Winthrop P. Rockefeller Cancer Institute
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed

Dr. Tummel has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Tummel does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Tummel and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Brandon Regional Hospital

is a Healthgrades Top-Rated Hospital

2017 Five Star Recipient for Gallbladder Removal Surgery

View Ratings

Dr. Tummel's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Tummel to family and friends
Dr. Tummel's Performance
in Apollo Beach, FL |
Dr. Tummel and his entire staff are wonderful. Great at putting you at ease, especially when you're scared. Thank you to all!!
Brandon, FL |
Dr. Tummel is the best surgeon a woman can have when diagnosed with breast cancer. He has a great bedside manner, compassionate, takes time explaining everything in detail and in language that is understandable, and gives you confidence and positivity from the very first visit. I would definitely recommend him to any women who needs a consultation or a breast surgeon.
in Tampa, FL |
I feel like he saved my life. Dr. Tummel kept insisting i get an MRI scan of my breasts because of my relatives with cancer. I was reluctant but finally did it. The scan showed showed a cancer too small to see on mammogram. I am now recovering from bilateral mastectomies with reconstruction and will always tell people how great he is..
in Lithia, FL |
After my first visit to Dr. Tummel I felt I had won the lottery. Unsure of what was to come, I felt a sense of peace and that I was in good hands. He is technically proficient making him an effective surgeon. I found him to be competent and knowledgeable. He communicates honestly and effectively. He is always approachable,compassionate and caring. He is a wonderful Dr. and a good man with a kind and good heart. I am thankful that I am blessed to be in his good hands.
FL |
Cured! Finally after 13years and 4 doctors, I finally am cured of my breast pain. I had lost hope that I would be able to feel better without pain all the time. My mammagrams were ok but I was always in pain. Tried some home remedies after my first visit. Then gave me injections at my second visit and they worked fantastically! Should have gone to him much sooner.
Villages,FL |
I have been seeing dr. Tummel for several years and feel great about my cancer treatment. Even though we moved quite a bit away, I still drive over 2 hours from the Villages to see him. When you find a good doctor you stick with them!
Tampa, FL |
I tell my friends about Dr. Tummel, even though I no longer need to see him. At my first visit he saved me from unnecessary tests and biopsies that were recommended by a very popular/famous local imaging center which I will not mention. He recognized inconsistencies and re-ordered mammograms at a different facility. My 6 month and 12 month return checkups were all clear. He was definitely worth the 2 month wait !
Riverview, FL |
Dr. Tummel has a horrible attitude whenever anything is questioned. I expressed a concern regarding the fact that I got conflicting messages from the imaging center where I had my tests and his office. This was enough to put him in a really bad mood. Instead of apologizing for the confusion, he took on an intimidating manner and went as far as to tell me that he wanted to be done with me to "make room for other patients that did have cancer". Unacceptable, unprofessional and childish attitude.
in Valrico, FL |
Excellent bedside manner and very compassionate. Office staff is excellent!
Tampa |
He took great care of my mother, and explained her situation and mammogram results in detail. Recommended as he describes it in plain english so we can understand.
in Seffner, Fl |
Dr. Tummel is a wonderful Dr. I was pretty nervous after hearing a breast cancer diagnosis. Dr Tummel answered all of my questions and gave me me my options. He explained everything. He made me feel like I wasn't just a patient but a family member. I would recommend him to anyone looking for a compassionate, very knowledgeable, breast specialist. The office staff is also fantastic! Im Double mastectomy patient who chose no reconstruction. Thank you Dr Tummel and staff! ?
Tampa, FL |
I was recently diagnosed with breast cancer and I first saw Dr. Tummel, then I got into Moffitt for a second opinion. I definitely had a much better feel in Dr. Tummel's visit, and he spent a lot of time making sure me and my husband understood the plans and more importantly why it was his recommendation. I went back to Dr. Tummel and was happy I did. I had surgery and he was able to save my nipple.
in Seffner, FL |
Dr. Tummel is not experienced enough for my liking. I felt he retested me just to make business, seemed unconcerned with other problems I asked about, and insecure in his recommendations. I set my next appointment for another 6 months and 2 x's before it he changed it because he was in Tampa office. The second time I would not reschedule right away and he became furious and childish until eventually he had Women's Care refuse to care for me after many years of being their patient. A baby.
in Valrico, FL |
His bedside manner is excellent and you really feel like he cares about you. He is confident without being arrogant and is real. He takes his time with you and will answer all of your questions, no matter how many you have. After a few moments in his office, I was it ease and sure I had picked the very best doctor. I had a growth in my breast and had to have surgery. Not the best thing to go through, but I had the best doctor.
in Wesley Chapel FL |
I was diagnosed with the most aggressive form of Breast cancer but Dr. Tummel has acted quickly and has spent a lot of time with me to explain my treatment steps. He has also been very compassionate and eased a lot of my anxiety about this process.
Dr Tummel and his entire staff is wonderful. Sandra at the front desk is always super helpful with questions and scheduling and Dr Tummel is very down to earth and likable while being professional and very confident in what treatment route to take and how to get the job done. Being the one to deliver a cancer diagnosis can not be an easy job but Dr Tummel does so with compassion and a plan on how to fix it.
Have you seen Dr. Evan Tummel, MD?
Are you Dr. Tummel?