Dr. Evan J. Tobin, MD

Dr. Evan J. Tobin, MD

Ear, Nose, and Throat | Male

Ohio ENT & Allergy Physicians 6499 E Broad St Ste 160, Columbus, OH 43213 Get Directions

Learn about this Doctor

Entrusting your care, or the care of a family member, to me is a responsibility that I take very seriously. Whether you see me or one of my partners, the physicians of OhioENT and Allergy will do our utmost to successfully treat your ENT or Allergy condition and get you feeling better again. Evan Tobin, MD, FACSRead more

Dr. Tobin's Experience

97Experience
Match

See how Dr. Tobin's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Tobin

Dr. Tobin accepts 15 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 4 hospitals where Dr. Tobin has admitting privileges.

Hospital Quality Awards

Dr. Tobin's Reviews

Help millions of people find the right doctor. Share your experience today!
Likelihood of recommending Dr. Tobin to family and friends
Experience with Dr. Tobin
Dr. Tobin's Office & Staff
    10 – 15 minutes (91)
in marengo oh. |
Dr. Tobin is the best and has the best staff. After many years I hope I never have to go to any other ENT Dr. I have highly recommend Dr. Tobin to my family and friends. Thank you for your care Dr Tobin.
in Pickerington, OH |
I do not regret having Dr Tobin perform my sinus (septum and turbinate) surgery. He is very competent and helped me breathe thru my nose after decades of living with sinus issues.
in Granville, OH |
Dr Tobin is excellent. He has been treating my chronic sinusitis for close to four years including a sinus surgery he performed. Since that surgery my symptoms have subsided significantly. I feel much better and breathe much better. I highly recommend him.
in Johnstown, OH |
My 7 year old has been under the care of Dr. Tobin for almost 6 years. He's always friendly and extremely thorough. She has had multiple surgeries, which have been successful. My 3 year old is also under his care and we couldn't be happier with the care provided.
in St. Clairsville |
Dr. Tobin has the ability to make patients relax, really listens to what I say and is never in a hurry. He performs a thorough examination, clearly explains what he has found and covers completely what has to be done like medications, cat scans etc. to resolve and to treat the problem he found. Dr. Tobin always ends a visit with do you have any questions and do you understand the treatment and medications I have given to you..
Columbus, OH |
Dr. Tobin is fantastic! He has gone out of his way to provide outstanding care for our son, from identifying that he needed tubes, to skillfully implanting them, to checking in on him from time to time, Dr. Tobin has been fantastic. Our son no longer gets chronic ear infections and is much happier and healthier! Terrific doc, great staff - the best! Thanks to Dr. Tobin and his staff!
Pickerington, OH |
My daughter started getting ear infections and by the time she was 5 months old, she had 7! Dr. Tobin was wonderful! He discussed all of our options and was never pushy. We ended up holding off through summer to see if things would get better next cold season, but when the infections came back, Dr. Tobin put tubes in her ears. We found out she had a ruptured ear drum as well from the infections. Now, 3 years later and she has only had 1 infection! Cannot thank him enough!
in Newark,Ohio |
Dr. Tobin is my sons ent doctor. Very personal care given to my 5 year old son. Diagnosed his issues...recommended the treatment... And followed through with his treatment. Outcome for my son has been great! Dr Tobin is a five star individual as well as Doctor...anyone with ent issues would be well served by the care given by this particular Doctor.
Newark, OH |
Dr. Tobin is a very good doctor and he cares for his patients with passion.
Reynoldsburg, OH |
Dr. Tobin is a wonderful doctor. He takes his time with you in the exam room and answers any questions you might have. Dr. Tobin performed a successful surgery on myself. I would recommend Dr. Tobin to anyone!
Columbus, OH |
Amazing doctor. I would strongly recommend him to anyone who is looking for a great specialist.
Dr. Tobin is fantastic!
in New Albany, OH |
Dr. Tobin is a wonderful Doctor. He treated my 2.5 year old for ear tubes about a 18 months ago, so we have been seeing him for close to 2 years now. He is extremely knowledgeable, great with children, and always makes us feel comfortable. He always takes the time to talk to us personally at each visit, and called us at home after the surgery which was above and beyond what most doctors do. I would highly recommend Dr. Tobin for adults or kids!
Johnstown, Ohio |
easy to work with and willing to explain things.
in Gahanna, OH |
We love Dr. Tobin! Dr. Tobin cares for two of my children and me. He takes what could be a terrifying experience for children (and adults) and makes it a great one. He has helped us through cauterizations for chronic nose bleeds, ear infections, excessive wax removal, and also skillfully removing a popcorn kernel from my son's ear. He is skilled, knowledgeable, and very personalable. I have never felt rushed or brushed aside. He takes time to listen to my concerns as a mom and as a patient
Pickerington, OH |
He is very thorough and careful with his exams. I really was impressed when he called personally after my child had surgery. Great Dr!!
Columbus, OH |
Dr Tobin is excellent with young children! My 3 year old is his patient. He is always very friendly and explains things very well.
in Centerburg, OH |
I love Dr. Tobin and his staff. They are friendly yet professional. Dr. Tobin took care of my ear issue and sent me on my way. I work at a high school, and in the Teacher Workroom I asked a group eating lunch Who do you use as an ENT? Three ladies said our whole families use Dr. Evan Tobin. I called that day to schedule an appointment.
in Pataskala, OH |
We love Dr. Tobin! My husband, myself and our 2 year old daughter are all patients. My husband had stellar experience and care before, during and after sinus surgery. When we learned that our daughter needed an ENT referral, we immediately requested Dr. Tobin. She went on to have bilateral ear tube surgery. Both the surgery and her recovery went perfectly. His concern for his patients is genuine and he is wonderful with children. Highly recommend!
in Newark, OH |
Dr. Tobin is both professional and friendly. H clearly explains his diagnosis, recommendations, and information regarding procedures. He performed surgery on 2 of my children and personally called to check in on them after their surgery. He is great!
in Columbus, OH |
I could not be more impressed with the care we have received form Dr. Tobin. He is wonderful with my 4 year old and in 6 weeks has been able to clear up an 18 month battle with chronic ear infection without surgery. Hearing that your child may need surgery is a scary experience for any parent, but Dr. Tobin quickly put us at ease by providing many non-invasive options and then let us become part of the treatment plan by letting us decide what route worked best for our family. He is wonderful!
in Cincinnati, OH |
I would highly recommend Dr. Tobin to others. I have seen him for over a year after visiting various ENT's over the years.. I even travel 100 miles one way for his appointments. Dr Tobin is very patient, he makes time for his patients, and will try the most conservative measures before he does surgery. He performed surgery on me in December of 2015 and my symptoms are better.
in Columbus, OH |
I am mother of 2 young kids. My coworker recommended Dr. Tobin when my oldest started having chronic ear infections. Dr. Tobin is an excellent doctor. He is patient and listens to our concerns and gives recommendations as to what needs to be done. I am very glad that I made the right decision to see Dr. Tobin. Both my kids and my husband are patients of Dr. Tobin. My kids and my husband had procedures done which were performed by Dr. Tobin. I would recommend Dr. Tobin to anyone.
in Newark, OH |
He is a wonderful Doctor! He has seen all three of my children, and I have always been very pleased with the care. His staff is wonderful, and he takes the time to get to know you. He answers all of my questions. Great doctor!
in Blacklick, OH |
great experience treating my daughters chronic ear infections
in Pickerington, OH |
He was very considerate answering all my questions and treated my daughter like his own. He even called the night of the surgery to check on her. He is a great Dr. and had great bedside manners.
in Newark, OH |
Dr Tobin is awesome. We had a great experience both with office visits and surgery.
Dr. Tobin has one of the sweetest souls. You feel it right away! He takes the time to explain everything and to answer all of your questions. You can see that he truly loves his job. He was so kind and gentle with my child during the whole appointment, which as a mother is very comforting.
in Newark, OH |
Dr. Tobin did the tonsillectomy and adenoidectomy for my daughter and a couple years later when my son was having ear infection after ear infection he did ear tubes. Dr. Tobin answered all my questions and reassured any doubts or concerns. I will highly recommend him!
in Blacklick, OH |
We have nothing but positive things to say about Dr. Tobin and his staff. He is an excellent doctor. He removed both our boys tonsils/adenoids. In addition, he repaired my older son's perforated eardrum. He thoroughly explained the procedures and what to expect after surgery. He patiently listened to and answered all our questions. He connected well with our boys & had great interaction with them. He made sure they understood what was happening at all times. We definitely recommend!
Utica, OH |
Dr Tobin was excellent in explaining the procedure that was being done to my child. He was very informative and made me feel he was in the best hands during surgery. Best ENT Doctor around!
in Chillicothe, OH |
It was very brief, the doctor was nice enough. I had a standard evaluation where he looked in my nose, like a regular doctor would. I then received a bill for $535 him to look inside my nose. I was informed that my insurance classifies this as outpatient surgery! I don't feel like I was helped and I certainly did not have surgery. When I called I was informed that one of the several new patient papers I signed informed me that my insurance might classify him looking up my nose as surgery.
in Newark, Ohio |
Dr. Tobin is an excellent Doctor that made our daughter's tonsillectomy extremely easy. He did a great job letting us know how things went and made our daughter comfortable throughout the entire process.
in Lancaster, OH |
Dr. Tobin treated my son at the age of 2 for ear infections and then again at the age of 8 for chronic tonsillitis/strep throat. Dr. Tobin is just PHENOMENAL! My son is a new kid - surgery was a breeze and recovery was nominal. Dr. Tobin immediately details what you are seeing as a parent, walks you through your choices and does it all with a smile and sincere care for you and your child! I am now seeing Dr. Tobin as an adult.
in Baltimore, OH |
I had sinus infection after sinus infection for years so I finally went to see Dr. Tobin. Loved him right away, his staff, his bedside manor, his personality, everything you want in a doctor. He performed sinus surgery on me and I had a speedy recovery and 4 years later now I am still sinus infection free! He removed my daughters tonsils and adenoids the same year due to chronic strep throat and to this day has never had another positive strep test. I highly recommend him to all!
Very pleased
Reynoldsburg, OH |
Dr. Tobin's explanations of my condition were completely understandable and I easily made a decision to undergo surgery from these. The surgery was so successful and I am pain-free now. My return visits have been very positive and if I ever need any type of ENT decisions made I would absolutely ask for Dr. Tobin. I would highly recommend him to anyone needing a very talented doctor and surgeon.
in Newark, OH |
Came to Dr. Tobin's office about 6 years ago, Best thing I have ever done.?? Have had sinus surgery and ear tubes.
in Upper Arlington, OH |
Dr. Tobin is such a compassionate physician. We highly recommend him!
in Newark, OH |
Dr. Tobin treated my then 18 month old son like he was the most important patient. He eased our fears about surgery and really listened when we spoke. My son's ear tubes have made a world of difference. We can't thank Dr.Tobin enough for his care and concern over the last several years!
in Columbus, OH |
Dr. Tobin is a wonderful, friendly and attentive doctor. My child has been treated by him for many years and we consistently receive wonderful care and the surgery process quite easy.
in Columbus, OH |
We love Dr. Tobin! He has taken excellent care of my daughters over the past four years. They actually look forward to their appointments. We have come to expect a longish wait time in both the waiting and exam rooms but that is really the only (very minor) negative thing I can say. We chalk it up to him being a great doctor -- everyone wants to see him!
in Blacklick, OH |
Dr. Tobin has seen almost all of my immediate family members and very close friends of mine so when I found out i needed my deviated septum fixed there was no hesitation on who i would see. He made me feel very comfortable and explained all that needed to be done in great detail and assured me that he would take great care of me. No disappoint there. The surgery went well and i can breathe again! I would highly recommend Dr. Tobin to anyone looking for an ENT!
in Powell, OH |
Dr. Tobin is extremely bright with a great education and experience. He was the only doctor - after having visited 3 - that correctly diagnosed and treated my 4 year old son. We are so thankful we have him as a doctor - he literally saved my son's life.
Hilliard, OH |
Dr. Tobin performed my son's ENT surgery over the holidays. He went above and beyond, opening up his office the day after Christmas to see my son for a follow-up appointment. My son had a great outcome and is 100% improved thanks to Dr. Tobin's great surgical skills!
We love him!
in Columbus, OH |
I cannot say enough positive things about my experience with Dr. Tobin. He is an excellent ENT, he sits across from you & really listens. He never gives up on trying to help you with your problems. If he can't figure it out, he is not afraid to get advice from other specialists who may be able to assist in solving complex problems. He frequently calls & checks up on his patients, especially following surgeries, when he gets cultures back, etc, via phone call or letters. He will change your life!
Columbus, OH |
Dr. Tobin took excellent care of our infant son when he had recurring, persistent ear infections and expertly guided us as we decided he needed tubes. We cannot recommend Dr. Tobin more highly.
Newark, OH |
Dr. Tobin is very good with kids, my son had to have a tonsillectomy and his adenoids removed as with any child he was very nervous and scared Dr. Tobin was very patient and kind.
in Reynoldsburg, OH |
Dr. Tobin was top-notch as was his staff. I've never had a long wait and he always took plenty of time to answer any questions I had. My surgery was flawless and I remain grateful for his skill and knowledge.
Have you seen Dr. Evan J. Tobin, MD?
Are you Dr. Tobin?

• Ear Infection
  • Enlarged Turbinates
  • Eustachian Tube Dysfunction
  • Head and Neck Cancer
  • Hoarse Voice (Dysphonia)
  • Laryngitis
  • Vocal Cord Paralysis
  • Vocal Cord Polyp

• Ablation or Excision of Nasal Turbinates
  • Adenoidectomy
  • Antrostomy and Antrotomy (Sinus Surgery)
  • Balloon Sinuplasty
  • Diagnostic Nasal and-or Sinus Endoscopy
  • Ear Plastic Surgery (Otoplasty)
  • Ear Surgery
  • Ear Tube Placement
  • ENT Surgery
  • Ethmoidectomy (Sinus Surgery)
  • Excision or Destruction of Palate or Uvula Lesion
  • Frenectomy
  • Intranasal or Sinus Procedure
  • Nasal Septum Surgery (Septoplasty)
  • Sinus Surgery
  • Sleep Apnea Surgery
  • Sphenoidectomy (Sinus Surgery)
  • Sphenoidotomy (Sinus Surgery)
  • Tonsillectomy
  • Uvulectomy
  • Uvulopalatopharyngoplasty (UPPP)

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Ohio.

University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center At Dallas

Graduated in 1992

Riverside Methodist Hospital

Completed in 1993

Ohio St University

Completed in 1997

Princeton University

Graduated in 1988

Dr. Tobin has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Tobin does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Tobin and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

×

Dr. Tobin's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

• Specializes in Ear, Nose, and Throat
  • Board certified in Otolaryngology
  • Malpractice claims in Ohio not available
×

Why Does Experience Matter?

Patient Satisfaction Results for Dr. Tobin

Overall Patient Satisfaction Score

Dr. Tobin's Office & Staff

Ease of scheduling urgent appointments
Office environment, cleanliness, comfort, etc.
Staff friendliness and courteousness
Total wait time (waiting & exam rooms)
10 – 15 minutes

Experience with Dr. Tobin

Level of trust in provider's decisions
How well provider explains medical condition(s)
How well provider listens and answers questions
Spends appropriate amount of time with patients

Dr. Tobin's Care Philosophy

Entrusting your care, or the care of a family member, to me is a responsibility that I take very seriously.  Whether you see me or one of my partners, the physicians of OhioENT and Allergy will do our utmost to successfully treat your ENT or Allergy condition and get you feeling better again.

Evan Tobin, MD, FACS