Dr. Evan Tobin, MD

Dr. Evan Tobin, MD

Ear, Nose, and Throat  |
Dr. Evan Tobin, MD is an ear, nose, and throat doctor who practices in Columbus, OH. He is 51 years old and has been practicing for 25 years.

6499 E Broad St Ste 160

Columbus, OH 43213

• Accountable Health Plans of America
  • Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)
  • HealthSmart
  • HealthSmart - Interplan Health Group

Learn about Dr. Tobin

See how frequently Dr. Tobin performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Chronic Sinusitis
Sinusitis
Ear Disorders

Dr. Tobin's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

This content was provided by Dr. Tobin "Entrusting your care, or the care of a family member, to me is a responsibility that I take very seriously.  Whether you see me or one of my partners, the physicians of OhioENT and Allergy will do our utmost to successfully treat your ENT or Allergy condition and get you feeling better again.

Evan Tobin, MD, FACS"

• Ear Infection
  • Enlarged Turbinates
  • Eustachian Tube Dysfunction
  • Facial Fracture
  • Hoarse Voice (Dysphonia)
  • Laryngitis
  • Vocal Cord Polyp

• Ablation or Excision of Nasal Turbinates
  • Abscess or Cyst Drainage or Aspiration
  • Adenoidectomy
  • Antrostomy and Antrotomy (Sinus Surgery)
  • Balloon Sinuplasty
  • Cervical Lymph Node Dissection
  • Diagnostic Nasal and-or Sinus Endoscopy
  • ENT Surgery
  • Ear Plastic Surgery (Otoplasty)
  • Ear Surgery
  • Ear Tube Placement
  • Ethmoidectomy (Sinus Surgery)
  • Excision or Destruction of Palate or Uvula Lesion
  • Excision or Destruction of Tongue Lesion
  • Frenectomy
  • Intranasal or Sinus Procedure
  • Nasal Septum Surgery (Septoplasty)
  • Sinus Surgery
  • Sleep Apnea Surgery
  • Sphenoidectomy (Sinus Surgery)
  • Sphenoidotomy (Sinus Surgery)
  • Tonsillectomy
  • Uvulectomy
  • Uvulopalatopharyngoplasty (UPPP)

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Ohio.

• Princeton University
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 1988
  • University Of Texas Southwestern Medical Center At Dallas
    Medical School | Graduated 1992
  • Riverside Methodist Hospital
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1993
  • Ohio St University
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1997

Dr. Tobin has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Tobin does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Tobin and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Tobin's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Tobin to family and friends
Dr. Tobin's Performance
in reynoldsburg, oh |
Dr Tobin did an excellent job putting ear tubes in to help me hear again and he and the staff kept me comfortable and relaxed! They made my experience such a positive one!
in Canal Winchester |
Dr Tobin is very personable and explains in laymans terms what the problem is.
in Newark, OH |
Dr. Tobin is the absolute best! He is extremely knowledgeable and knows what is best for his patient’s. He is down to earth and professional. I don’t have a single thing negative to say about him!
in Columbus, OH |
My 2 year old son was getting a lot of ear infections and did not produce a single word of speech before we started coming to Dr. Tobin. He listened to our concerns, met with us several times to evaluate my son's hearing and his ears before advising us that he would need tubes. Since the tubes, my son does not get ear infections anymore and has started to speak. We highly recommend Dr. Tobin to all of our family and friends.
in Reynoldsburg, OH |
Dr. Tobin is the doctor I recommend to my friends if they need an ear, nose or throat diagnosis. He did my sinus surgery and I have had no more problems. This past week I visited him about a throat issue. He immediately did an in office test and gave me directions to eliminate my problem. He makes it very clear that if I have any issues I am to contact his office right away. I am completely confident with his diagnoses.
in Heath, OH |
I've been going to Dr. Tobin for 5+ yrs.. I am completely comfortable with and confident in his abilities. I always feel at ease with the staff, his MA and him. He has even had to recommend me to other specialists and this experience has been exceptional as well. This is one doctor that I am eager to give a review on. Of course because he is so good and in such high demand getting appointments can be tricky and waiting may be a little longer than average, but more than well worth it!
in Columbus, OH |
A friend of mine recommended I see Dr. Tobin for a sinus problem. He was thorough, friendly, efficient, and knowledgable so I had him do my surgery. It couldn’t have gone better. He answered all my questions and welcomed them. In today’s medical climate it’s getting harder to find a doctor who takes the time with a patient while being an excellent practitioner. I highly recommend Dr. Tobin and wouldn’t hesitate to go back if I ever neede him again.
in Newark, OH |
Dr. Tobin has helped me tremendously with my sinus issues. I recommend him any chance I get.
Dr. Tobin is outstanding! I couldn't imagine a better experience with an ENT. He operated on my sinuses three years ago and it was a life changing experience (in a positive way). The surgery was quick and easy with no complications, and improved my breathing enormously. I took only one pain pill afterward. The level of pain was about equal to being hit in the nose when you were a kid. I still see him for follow up, and he has made numerous practical recommendations about managing sinus issues.
in Grove City, OH |
Dr. Tobin and his staff are very professional in every way. Our kids have been seeing Dr. Tobin for many years now and have had great experiences for each visit. Dr. Tobin has also performed various surgical procedures on our kids and all have gone very well and we have been very happy with the outcomes. Excellent Doctor with a great reputation!
Newark, OH |
Explaned everything I needed to know or was concerned about, and never felt like anything he did was unecessary or ineffective.
Columbus, OH |
Dr. Tobin was knowledgeable and caring. He diagnosed and corrected my son's deviated septum and turbinate reduction. The staff was so considerate, staying after traditional business hours to complete our diagnosis steps in out initial visit so that we did not have to make an additional trip. The surgery went smoothly, and Dr. Tobin personally followed up throughout recovery. My son is able to breathe so much easier!
in Reynoldsburg, OH |
I was a surgical patient of Dr. Tobin in 1998....very satisfied and no problems since. The following year my husband was a surgical patient. He recently had the need to return to see Dr. Tobin, which indicates we were both pleased with his care and now seek further treatment.
in Columbus, OH |
Dr. Tobin and his entire staff does an amazing job. Going to the doctor is not fun, but they have such a friendly atmosphere and are so gentle and kind, I really don't mind going. They have addressed my hearing issues and opened up a whole new world to me again.
in Pataskala, OH |
Dr. Tobin and his staff are fantastic! He even called me at home personally after septoplasty surgery to check on me.
Newark, OH |
Dr. Tobin did a wonderful job with my son's ear tubes and adenoid removal. We did have to wait for our first visit with him at the Newark office but it was definitely worth it! I am in the health care field and have seen Dr. Tobin's work for many years, there was no other option for me when I knew that my child needed to be under the care of an ENT.
in Columbus, OH |
I was referred from a friend of mine. Dr. Tobin has provided my son with three different surgeries concerning his constant ear infections and sleep apnea. He is always, kind and courteous, explaining every surgery and concerns to watch for. He has also been able to relate to us because his children went through similar surgeries. I would recommend him for any ear, nose or throat issue...
in Columbus, OH |
We had an problem with a hearing aid dome coming loose and being stuck way down in the ear. After seeing 2 different medical professionals and several attempts to retrieve the item, we were referred here. Dr Tobin saw us the same day and had removed this within minutes. He was wonderful!!
in Johnstown, Ohio |
Dr. Tobin is an excellent specialist... respectful, concerned, friendly, knowledgeable and very efficient. I was very grateful for his expertise in the diagnosis, successful surgery procedure on me and follow up care. I have the upmost confidence in his skill and recommend him highly.
New Albany, OH |
My son had sinus and adenoid surgery with Dr. Tobin and for what we assumed would be a dreadful experience, all went amazingly well. The Ohio Surgery Center was so much better than a large impersonal hospital and the nurses and staff were very attentive to us. The surgery went smoothly and his recovery and results were tremendous. We had regular follow up appointments and Dr. Tobin and his nurse Sarah could not have been more friendly, kind and helpful. I highly recommend Dr. Tobin!
in Columbus, OH |
I would and have recommended Dr. Tobin to my family and friends. I have been a patient of Dr. Tobin's for several year. I would not consider going to anyone else. He is very concerned about his patients as people and resolving their issues. You aren't just a number that he is running through his practice to see as many numbers as possible. Anyone who makes a choice to see Dr. Tobin is making an excellent decision.
Columbus, OH |
We are new to the area and so glad that my allergy doctor referred me to Dr. Tobin. As a critical care nurse, I am more liable to notice areas that are lacking in a practice. I was very happy with Dr. Tobin's professional but friendly manner and his expertise in the ENT area.
Thornville, OH |
Dr. Tobin operated on our 5 year old son. He did a fine job and has a pleasant manner that made us feel comfortable.
Newark, OH |
Dr. Tobin was wonderful throughout the 3 year process of my daughter dealing with ear tubes.
Dr. Tobin is a true life-saver. He has performed sinus surgery on me twice over the years and each time it's given me a new lease on Iife. I cannot say enough about Dr. Tobin and his skills and chair side manner. He has also performed tube surgery on both of my children and the results have been outstanding. Dr. Tobin is approachable and he always has taken the time to explain my issues and the options for a fix. I cannot say enough about Sara who works for Dr. Tobin. She is totally awesome!!
in Nashport, OH |
Dr. Tobin is an excellent doctor. He is kind and very caring about his patients. Both my daughter are patients and he has performed surgeries for both of them. I felt very comfortable knowing that they were in very good hands.
in Heath, OH |
I recommend Dr. Tobin to all of my friends and family that are in need of an ENT. He has provided my family with excellent care for over 10 years.
in New Albany, OH |
I have been Dr. tobin's patient for several years. He is technically superb and consistently conveys caring and compassion.
in Columbus, OH |
Dr Tobin was wonderfully professional and efficient with my sons ear infections. He provided great explanations and set expectations well through surgery and maintaining of his ear tubes.
in Columbus, OH |
I've had nothing but good experiences with Dr. Tobin. We discussed many options for my condition and agreed on a course of action. Once decided, the process/treatment went smoothly and as expected.
in Chillicothe, OH |
Dr. Tobin and his staff were amazing. His team at his office and at the surgical center were some of the best I've had. Dr. Tobin diagnosed my problem and within a few short months, I was on the road to recovery and I can say that I've never felt better.
in Zanesville, OH |
I am a new patient with Dr. Tobin and I could not be more pleased. It is refreshing how he does not rush appts. He is knowledgeable, listens, explains everything, and communicates with ease. I have been unsuccessful with my cpap for mild to moderate sleep apnea for some time. I was recently fitted with an oral appliance with good results, yet it revealed that I could not breath well through my nose. Dr. Tobin performed turbinate reduction surgery with excellent results. I breath easier now!
in marengo oh. |
Dr. Tobin is the best and has the best staff. After many years I hope I never have to go to any other ENT Dr. I have highly recommend Dr. Tobin to my family and friends. Thank you for your care Dr Tobin.
in Pickerington, OH |
I do not regret having Dr Tobin perform my sinus (septum and turbinate) surgery. He is very competent and helped me breathe thru my nose after decades of living with sinus issues.
in Granville, OH |
Dr Tobin is excellent. He has been treating my chronic sinusitis for close to four years including a sinus surgery he performed. Since that surgery my symptoms have subsided significantly. I feel much better and breathe much better. I highly recommend him.
in Johnstown, OH |
My 7 year old has been under the care of Dr. Tobin for almost 6 years. He's always friendly and extremely thorough. She has had multiple surgeries, which have been successful. My 3 year old is also under his care and we couldn't be happier with the care provided.
in St. Clairsville |
Dr. Tobin has the ability to make patients relax, really listens to what I say and is never in a hurry. He performs a thorough examination, clearly explains what he has found and covers completely what has to be done like medications, cat scans etc. to resolve and to treat the problem he found. Dr. Tobin always ends a visit with do you have any questions and do you understand the treatment and medications I have given to you..
Columbus, OH |
Dr. Tobin is fantastic! He has gone out of his way to provide outstanding care for our son, from identifying that he needed tubes, to skillfully implanting them, to checking in on him from time to time, Dr. Tobin has been fantastic. Our son no longer gets chronic ear infections and is much happier and healthier! Terrific doc, great staff - the best! Thanks to Dr. Tobin and his staff!
Pickerington, OH |
My daughter started getting ear infections and by the time she was 5 months old, she had 7! Dr. Tobin was wonderful! He discussed all of our options and was never pushy. We ended up holding off through summer to see if things would get better next cold season, but when the infections came back, Dr. Tobin put tubes in her ears. We found out she had a ruptured ear drum as well from the infections. Now, 3 years later and she has only had 1 infection! Cannot thank him enough!
in Newark,Ohio |
Dr. Tobin is my sons ent doctor. Very personal care given to my 5 year old son. Diagnosed his issues...recommended the treatment... And followed through with his treatment. Outcome for my son has been great! Dr Tobin is a five star individual as well as Doctor...anyone with ent issues would be well served by the care given by this particular Doctor.
Newark, OH |
Dr. Tobin is a very good doctor and he cares for his patients with passion.
Reynoldsburg, OH |
Dr. Tobin is a wonderful doctor. He takes his time with you in the exam room and answers any questions you might have. Dr. Tobin performed a successful surgery on myself. I would recommend Dr. Tobin to anyone!
Columbus, OH |
Amazing doctor. I would strongly recommend him to anyone who is looking for a great specialist.
Dr. Tobin is fantastic!
in New Albany, OH |
Dr. Tobin is a wonderful Doctor. He treated my 2.5 year old for ear tubes about a 18 months ago, so we have been seeing him for close to 2 years now. He is extremely knowledgeable, great with children, and always makes us feel comfortable. He always takes the time to talk to us personally at each visit, and called us at home after the surgery which was above and beyond what most doctors do. I would highly recommend Dr. Tobin for adults or kids!
Johnstown, Ohio |
easy to work with and willing to explain things.
in Gahanna, OH |
We love Dr. Tobin! Dr. Tobin cares for two of my children and me. He takes what could be a terrifying experience for children (and adults) and makes it a great one. He has helped us through cauterizations for chronic nose bleeds, ear infections, excessive wax removal, and also skillfully removing a popcorn kernel from my son's ear. He is skilled, knowledgeable, and very personalable. I have never felt rushed or brushed aside. He takes time to listen to my concerns as a mom and as a patient
Pickerington, OH |
He is very thorough and careful with his exams. I really was impressed when he called personally after my child had surgery. Great Dr!!
Columbus, OH |
Dr Tobin is excellent with young children! My 3 year old is his patient. He is always very friendly and explains things very well.
in Centerburg, OH |
I love Dr. Tobin and his staff. They are friendly yet professional. Dr. Tobin took care of my ear issue and sent me on my way. I work at a high school, and in the Teacher Workroom I asked a group eating lunch Who do you use as an ENT? Three ladies said our whole families use Dr. Evan Tobin. I called that day to schedule an appointment.
Have you seen Dr. Evan Tobin, MD?
Are you Dr. Tobin?

Visit Dr. Tobin

Dr. Tobin accepts 15 insurance carriers
  • Accountable Health Plans of America
    Blue Access Choice PPO
    Blue Preferred HMO
  • Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)
    GEHA
  • HealthSmart
    HealthSmart PPO
  • HealthSmart - Interplan Health Group
    DirectCare America
  • Mail Handlers Benefit Plan (MHBP)
  • Medical Mutual of Ohio