Dr. Evan Schwechter, MD

Orthopedic Surgery ·  Male · Age 39

Dr. Schwechter

Montefiore Med Ctr Ortho Srgy

1250 Waters Pl # Tower Bronx, NY 10461

Dr. Evan Schwechter, MD is an orthopedic surgery specialist in Bronx, NY and has been practicing for 13 years. He graduated from Umdnj-New Jersey Med Sch in 2006 and specializes in orthopedic surgery and reconstructive orthopedic surgery.

Dr. Schwechter's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Schwechter

Dr. Schwechter?
Dr. Schwechter's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Evan Schwechter, MD
He did a complete hip replacement for me, and he has changed my life! Dr. Schwecther is the best surgeon ever!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Evan Schwechter, MD?
Doctor Schwechter is the best Ortopedic doctor I ever meet in my life. He changed my father live because my dad was suffering for more an two years a soon doctor Schwechter starts taking care my dad his mental health change because my was thinking he never will be available to walk again but doctor Schweshter make my dad walk again out any pain .doctor Schwechter is so kind he care about his Patient . I’m so thankful my dad has him . Doctor Schwechter you are the best . God bless you always! Thank you again for be the for my dad .
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Evan Schwechter, MD?
Dr. Schwecter is professional, personable and extremely capable. His initial exam was very thorough and he quickly accessed the problem. He performed a total hip replacement. The procedure went exactly as he described and recovery has been quicker and easier than anticipated. His work was even complimented by two different third party health professionals. One said he was "really good" at hip replacement. The other said "your doctor did a great job".
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Evan Schwechter, MD?
Dr Schwechter is my new hero, my hip surgery was a total success . when i went to see Dr Schwechter i couldn't walk, a few weeks after my surgery i was walking, thank god and Dr Schwechter.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Evan Schwechter, MD?
I have had two successful surgeries. During this time I've found Dr. Schwechter to have a pleasant introduction, easy to communicate regarding condition. takes time to explain procedures. most of all successful recovery process. I would recommend others looking for good doctor.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Evan Schwechter, MD?
As a result of Dr Schwechters gift and expertise, not only the surgery he performed to replace my hip was a complete success, but my recuperation has been quick and continues to be a blessing after only 8 1/2 weeks since my surgery.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Evan Schwechter, MD?
well grounded, efficient and highly intelligent, a friend!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Evan Schwechter, MD?
I have been in the health care field for over 30 years and know what it takes to be an excellent doctor. Dr. Schwechter is one. He is a wonderful, skilled, caring person and surgeon. He replaced my husband's hip( age 71) a few years ago. We were so pleased with the outcome, I had him replace my hip also in June 2018 and we can dance once again ! We continue to recommend him to others. He is the best !
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Evan Schwechter, MD?
Dr. Schweitzer is compassionate, knowledgeable, confident, and personable....He possesses all the qualities you would want in a good doctor. His expertise is unrivaled. There was never any doubt that my surgery would be successful.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Evan Schwechter, MD?
I would highly recommend DR. Shwechter. He is great doctor very professional and clear when explaining what to expect from the procedure. He is very kind and caring.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Evan Schwechter, MD?
I've been working construction many years a friend of mine on the job recommended Dr. Evan Schwechter , MD for my knee surgery long story short I was in pain many years and now I'm pain free I ask please no staples or stitches I was also pain free because the surgical tape that he use. I know five stars is the highest rating I'm changing the rules because of the excellent job he did the scare is thin and I am pleased with the out come I also recommend DrEvan Schwechter is a excellent surgent
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Evan Schwechter, MD?
I am a 64 year old male who recently had a total hip replacement and could not have had a better experience. Dr. Schwechter is a very skilled surgeon and an extremely kind individual. He was a true professional from our first meeting right up to the day of my discharge which was 24 hours after surgery. In my follow up visits with him he continues to show the same.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Evan Schwechter, MD?
Dr. Schwechter is an excellent, caring surgeon. He took the time to fully explain my knee surgery and the recovery process. I would definitely recommend him to my family and friends who need not only surgery but just regular orthopaedic care.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Evan Schwechter, MD?
The pain in my hip was unbearable. After Dr Schwechter did my hip replacement I was up walking the next day. I am now pain free and able to walk, drive and do all the things I used to enjoy. The care I received was excellent and I would recommend Dr Schwechter for orthopedic surgery
Very good And God bless Dr. Schwechter Greatfull
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Evan Schwechter, MD?
Dr. Schwechter is a refreshing change from the disturbing world of indifferent, strictly clinical medical technicians who usher you in and out of their offices with a general idea of your problem and a possible resolution within 10 minutes. He is a caring and insightful doctor who takes an interest in you and your background as it impacts on your health. You leave him after your initial visit feeling well informed about your situation and better able to make a sound decision.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Evan Schwechter, MD?
I'm so grateful to have found Dr. Schwechter, who did revision surgery to remove the hardware, from a previous surgery for a fractured femur, Three other doctors wouldn't help me because they thought it would be to risky at my age (83). I couldn't walk at all, and had to use a wheelchair to get around. Dr. Schwechter operated on me on January 25th he removed the hardware, and gave me a new hip, I was instantly pain free, and with therapy am back walking with a cane. He's the best
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Evan Schwechter, MD?
I was very pleased dealing with Doc Schwechter .. He was friendly knew what he was doing and he took my pain away. Easy to talk to. Answered my questions. I'd recommend him highly
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Evan Schwechter, MD?
Dr. Schwechter gave me my life back, I have my hips replacement on August. He really care for his patients, a lot of blessings so you keep doing what you do best. Thank you Dercis
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Evan Schwechter, MD?
Dr schwechter changed my life for the better he gave me my independence back with out any pain I feel like a new person with in one month I was 95% better to me it was miracle I thank god every day that I had that appointment with him.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Evan Schwechter, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Schwechter?

Dr. Schwechter believes that each patient deserves individualized attention and treatment, and is available to answer any questions you may have about your care.

• Reconstructive Orthopedic Surgery

Umdnj-New Jersey Med Sch
2006

Dr. Schwechter accepts

(718) 920-2060

Dr. Schwechter accepts the following insurance:

Blue Cross Blue Shield of Louisiana
BlueConnect HMO
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts
Preferred Blue PPO
Capital District Physician's Health Plan (CDPHP)
Capital District Physician's Health Plan (CDPHP) HMO

No malpractice claims found for New York

Check Dr. Schwechter's experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Schwechter's Top Procedures and Conditions

Patellofemoral Pain Syndrome or Knee Pain

Dr. Schwechter treats Patellofemoral Pain Syndrome or Knee Pain more than 99% of his peers

Rating Includes other areas of care:

Dr. Schwechter's conditions and procedures:

• Anterior Approach Total Hip Replacement
  • Complications of Joint Prosthesis
  • Computer-Assisted Total Hip Replacement
  • Enthesopathy of Knee (incl. Bursitis of Knee)
  • Femur Fracture
  • Knee Replacement Revision
  • Knee Sprain
  • Knee Surgery
  • Knee Tendon Repair
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
  • Medial Collateral Ligament (MCL) Sprain
  • Runner's Knee
  • Synovial Biopsy
  • Total Knee Replacement
  • Uni-Compartmental Knee Replacement

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Dr. Schwechter treats patients.