Dr. Evan Schwechter, MD

Orthopedic Surgery | Male

Dr. Evan Schwechter, MD
Dr. Evan Schwechter, MD is an orthopedic surgery doctor who practices in Bronx, NY. He is 37 years old and has been practicing for 11 years. Dr. Schwechter is affiliated with Montefiore Medical Center.

Dr. Schwechter's Experience

See how Dr. Schwechter's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Schwechter

Dr. Schwechter accepts 13 insurance carriers

Dr. Schwechter is now accepting new patients

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Schwechter has admitting privileges.

Dr. Schwechter's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Schwechter to family and friends
    4.4
    Dr. Schwechter's Performance
    Bronx, NY |
    The service was excellent both of my hips are great they gave me my life back thank you Dr Schwechter .
    in Brooklyn, NY |
    I chose Dr. Schwechter to be my surgeon because of his attentiveness to my needs, his impartiality, his bedside manner, his advisement, and understanding. I also appreciate his innovative view in this ever changing technological world we live. I felt completely comfortable with him and his staff.
    in Bronx, NY |
    I originally visited Dr. Schwechter in 2014 because of severe pain in my left knee and moderate pain in the right. He began by treating me with cortisone shots, which helped at first, but gradually lost their effectiveness. He later tried Monovisc, an injectable gel. It also worked at first, but wore off after about a month. I finally decided on total left knee replacement surgery. It is now five weeks after the surgery, and the pain is gone. I'm walking without a cane. Great job!
    Bronx, NY |
    I was somewhat impressed with the repoire of the doctor. Felt comfortable enough to return to see him again. However, I was turned off by the staff. Not so warm and cordial which I've heard otherwise through referral. The wait time was ridiculously long and the lack of consideration when scheduling appointments; no choice in the matter but rather they schedule and you just show up.
    in Bronx, NY |
    Very patient-centered. He explains and talks to you. Gives the best options. Recommend highly.
    in Bronx, NY |
    Great surgeon. Got me back on my feet in just a few short weeks. Very attentive..
    in Yonkers, NY |
    What can I say, but fantastic. From my initial visit, and all during the process.Very attentive, and concerned for your well being. Explained the whole process to my hip replacement from beginning to end. He makes himself available to you, just about all the time. Even on his day off, he makes sure he stays in contact with you during your hospital stay, by the use of facetime. Thank you Dr. Schwechter for all your patience and concern. As a result of this procedure, I am pain free..Go Yankees!!!
    in Bronx, NY |
    I first met Dr. Schwechter several years ago and was seeing him for hip problems.He was actually very comfortable to speak with about my hip pain. Finally it came time to have it replaced and I was very nervous about having the surgery. This past January I finally did it.He was so caring and explained everything to me. Just came from my appointment and he was truly happy that all went well.He makes a patient feel so confident in his exceptional skills.So pleased he was my surgeon.
    in Bronx,NY |
    Very sincere and knowledgeable surgery went well with no complications and I would highly recommend him to others I know if they where experiencing similar issues as myself.
    in Bronx, NY |
    I was recommended to Montefiore Orthopedic Group for my hip condition and was assigned to Dr. Schwechter. He was totally professional and attentive to my condition and explained in great detail the expectations regarding the hip replacement surgery. He explained what to do regarding the physical therapy afterwards and how the prognosis should be if I followed the instructions. Started walking about 5 hours after the surgery with the initial physical therapy. Dr. Schwechter and staff amazing.
    Bronx, NY |
    I came seeking a solution to my hip and back pain. I was examined, diagnosed and told I was a candidate for a total hip replacement. I attended a breakfast meeting with staff that would be on site the day of my surgery and other supportive staff that would be part of my aftercare. I even saw the actual hip that was going to be measured to fit me!!! I had the surgery performed, walked with assistance within 24hrs, STILL WALKING, NO ASSISTANCE!!! My best friend has already sought his help!!!!
    in Yonkers, NY |
    very good
    in Rosalyn, NY |
    My primary doctor recommended Doctor Schwechter to me, on the first appointment,I felt comfortable. he was patient, friendly, knowledgeable and professional. He answered all my questions,And suggested a solution to my medical problem. I needed a total hip replacement. His secretary made all appointments from A to Z and made sure that all proper procedures to be done in the manner acceptable to my medical insurance .Now a month from surgery, I am pain free,walking normal. THANK YOU DR.SCHWECHTER
    in Bronx, NY |
    Dr. Schwechter's level of professionalism and patient care served as a major catalyst in moving me beyond my pre-sugery fear and throughout my successful full hip replacement. His advice was always on point and timely. Other than not having surgery at all, this was the most satisfactory resolution to my condition that I could have hoped for. Dr. Schwechter and his team were an answer to my prayers. Thank you!
    in New York, NY |
    Dr. Evan Schwechter was highly recommend (from another specialty surgon) and I'm so very pleased with my results. I found Dr. Schwechter calm, attentive, accurately predicting the course of my Total Hip Replacement, supplementing our discussion with reading material, plus the "team process" of care, put me at total ease. After my two week check-up - X-ray shows perfect placement - having surgical/recovery pain, but no hip pain. Six weeks later, doing light workouts, even running a little. WOW!
    in Bronx, NY |
    I feel Dr. Schwechter is a great surgeon who explained my procedure to my satisfaction after having asked several questions. I developed a complication, he came to the hospital, explained the problem and how it would be treated, he followed my condition closely. As for the surgery itself, it went very well, I have a minimal scar that everyone at my rehab center admired greatly.He examined me, answered all my questions at post-op visit, prescribed PT, said to call if I needed him before next year
    in Bronx, NY |
    Dr. Schwechter told it just the way it was. I needed a total hip replacement. He put out a strong vibe that I knew I was making the correct decision. He did a great job and had me walking about 5 hours after surgery, without any pain. Everyone on his team was professional. I would recommend Dr. Schwechter to my family & friends. I'm really glad to say that after three years of constant pain that i'm pain free walking.
    in Bronx, NY |
    Dr. Schwechter saw me on two ocassions to provide his professional advice regarding some chronic knee pain which I was experiencing for several months. At the second and last of two visits with him he referred me to another surgeon in his office who he stated would be able to perform a surgical procedure on my knee. During this exam Dr. S was extremely brief with me quickly dismissing me and leaving the exam room abruptly without explaining my condition, diagnosis or alternative treatments.
    in BRONX, NY |
    My Name Is Stephen Dorsey. A patient of Dr. Schwechter. When I First Meet Dr. Schwechter His Kindness & Care For Me Really Surprise. He Told His Time To Explain Everything. He Help Me To BELIEVE In MIRACLE'S...... I Have My LIFE BACK! I'm More Happy & Painless......I Can Walk Much Better.....I RATE DR.SCHWECTER A 5 WITH HANDS DOWN...THE BEST......
    in Bronx, NY |
    Dr. Schwechter is a gifted skilled surgeon who has operated on me three times, right knee revision surgery, left knee total replacement, left hip total replacement. Each outcome was wonderfully successful. My quality of life improved dramatically and I am pain free! I would recommend him to family and friends in a heart beat!
    Have you seen Dr. Evan Schwechter, MD?
    Are you Dr. Schwechter?

Dr. Schwechter's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Orthopedic Surgery
    •  No board certification on record with Healthgrades

No malpractice history found for New York.

• Complications of Joint Prosthesis
    • Enthesopathy of Knee (incl. Bursitis of Knee)
    • Femur Fracture
    • Foot Fracture
    • Fracture of Hand (incl. Fingers)
    • Gout
    • Internal Derangement of Knee
    • Knee Dislocation
    • Knee Fracture
    • Knee Sprain
    • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
    • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
    • Medial Collateral Ligament (MCL) Sprain
    • Tibia and Fibula Fractures
    • Trigger Finger

Umdnj-New Jersey Med Sch

Graduated in 2006

Dr. Schwechter does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Schwechter and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Anterior Approach Total Hip Replacement