Orthopedic Surgery  |
Dr. Evan Schwechter, MD
Dr. Evan Schwechter completed his medical degree at UMDNJ – New Jersey Medical School. He served as intern and resident at Montefiore Medical Center, where he was awarded the Richard Selznick Memorial Research award. He completed his fellowship in adult joint reconstruction surgery at the Brigham and Women's Hospital, Harvard Medical School. Dr. Schwechter specializes in adult primary and revision hip and knee replacement, with a particular interest in complex joint replacement, direct anterior approach total hip replacement (DAA), partial knee replacement, and patient specific total knee replacement. His research has been published in major orthopaedic journals including the Journal of Bone and Joint Surgery (JBJS) and the Journal of Arthroplasty (JOA), and has been presented at several national meetings. Dr. Schwechter is an active member of the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons (AAOS) and the American Association of Hip and Knee Surgeons (AAHKS).

1250 Waters Pl Fl 11

Bronx, NY 10461

(718) 920-2060

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of Louisiana
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts
  • Capital District Physician's Health Plan (CDPHP)
  • EmblemHealth
  • Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield
  • HealthFirst
  • Highmark Blue Cross Blue Shield
  • Oxford Health Plans

Learn about Dr. Schwechter

Dr. Schwechter believes that each patient deserves individualized attention and treatment, and is available to answer any questions you may have about your care.

Dr. Schwechter's Experience

Dr. Schwechter's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Orthopedic Surgery

• Adult Reconstructive Orthopedic Surgery
  • Orthopedic Arthroscopy

Dr. Schwechter does not have any board certifications listed.

• Complications of Joint Prosthesis
  • Enthesopathy of Knee (incl. Bursitis of Knee)
  • Femur Fracture
  • Foot Fracture
  • Fracture of Hand (incl. Fingers)
  • Gout
  • Internal Derangement of Knee
  • Knee Dislocation
  • Knee Fracture
  • Knee Sprain
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
  • Medial Collateral Ligament (MCL) Sprain

• Partial Knee Replacement
  • Posterior Mini-Incision Total Hip Arthroplasty
  • Total Knee Replacement
  • Uni-Compartmental Knee Replacement

No malpractice history found for New York.

• Umdnj-New Jersey Med Sch
    Medical School | Graduated 2006
  • Montefiore Medical Center-Albert Einstein College Of Medicine
    Internship Hospital | Completed
  • Montefiore Medical Center Albert Einstein College Of Medicine
  • Brigham and Women's Hospital/Harvard Medical School
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed

Dr. Schwechter has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Schwechter has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Schwechter does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Schwechter and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Schwechter's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Schwechter to family and friends
4.4
Dr. Schwechter's Performance
in New York |
Treated well, Kept in the loop. I have no complaints.
in Bronx, NY |
Dr. Schwechter is a great doctor and an excellent surgeon. He explained all the details of my knee replacement beofore surgery, Afterwards, I had some complications, he came right away to check on me and see how I was doing, as well making sure I understood what had happened. I'm so grateful to him because with his level of skills my post op pain was manageable, and my scar is barely visible. He's available for any problem that may arise. I whole-heartedly recommend him!
Bronx, NY |
The service was excellent both of my hips are great they gave me my life back thank you Dr Schwechter .
in Brooklyn, NY |
I chose Dr. Schwechter to be my surgeon because of his attentiveness to my needs, his impartiality, his bedside manner, his advisement, and understanding. I also appreciate his innovative view in this ever changing technological world we live. I felt completely comfortable with him and his staff.
in Bronx, NY |
I originally visited Dr. Schwechter in 2014 because of severe pain in my left knee and moderate pain in the right. He began by treating me with cortisone shots, which helped at first, but gradually lost their effectiveness. He later tried Monovisc, an injectable gel. It also worked at first, but wore off after about a month. I finally decided on total left knee replacement surgery. It is now five weeks after the surgery, and the pain is gone. I'm walking without a cane. Great job!
Bronx, NY |
I was somewhat impressed with the repoire of the doctor. Felt comfortable enough to return to see him again. However, I was turned off by the staff. Not so warm and cordial which I've heard otherwise through referral. The wait time was ridiculously long and the lack of consideration when scheduling appointments; no choice in the matter but rather they schedule and you just show up.
in Bronx, NY |
Very patient-centered. He explains and talks to you. Gives the best options. Recommend highly.
in Bronx, NY |
Great surgeon. Got me back on my feet in just a few short weeks. Very attentive..
in Yonkers, NY |
What can I say, but fantastic. From my initial visit, and all during the process.Very attentive, and concerned for your well being. Explained the whole process to my hip replacement from beginning to end. He makes himself available to you, just about all the time. Even on his day off, he makes sure he stays in contact with you during your hospital stay, by the use of facetime. Thank you Dr. Schwechter for all your patience and concern. As a result of this procedure, I am pain free..Go Yankees!!!
in Bronx, NY |
I first met Dr. Schwechter several years ago and was seeing him for hip problems.He was actually very comfortable to speak with about my hip pain. Finally it came time to have it replaced and I was very nervous about having the surgery. This past January I finally did it.He was so caring and explained everything to me. Just came from my appointment and he was truly happy that all went well.He makes a patient feel so confident in his exceptional skills.So pleased he was my surgeon.
in Bronx,NY |
Very sincere and knowledgeable surgery went well with no complications and I would highly recommend him to others I know if they where experiencing similar issues as myself.
in Bronx, NY |
I was recommended to Montefiore Orthopedic Group for my hip condition and was assigned to Dr. Schwechter. He was totally professional and attentive to my condition and explained in great detail the expectations regarding the hip replacement surgery. He explained what to do regarding the physical therapy afterwards and how the prognosis should be if I followed the instructions. Started walking about 5 hours after the surgery with the initial physical therapy. Dr. Schwechter and staff amazing.
Bronx, NY |
I came seeking a solution to my hip and back pain. I was examined, diagnosed and told I was a candidate for a total hip replacement. I attended a breakfast meeting with staff that would be on site the day of my surgery and other supportive staff that would be part of my aftercare. I even saw the actual hip that was going to be measured to fit me!!! I had the surgery performed, walked with assistance within 24hrs, STILL WALKING, NO ASSISTANCE!!! My best friend has already sought his help!!!!
in Yonkers, NY |
very good
in Rosalyn, NY |
My primary doctor recommended Doctor Schwechter to me, on the first appointment,I felt comfortable. he was patient, friendly, knowledgeable and professional. He answered all my questions,And suggested a solution to my medical problem. I needed a total hip replacement. His secretary made all appointments from A to Z and made sure that all proper procedures to be done in the manner acceptable to my medical insurance .Now a month from surgery, I am pain free,walking normal. THANK YOU DR.SCHWECHTER
in Bronx, NY |
Dr. Schwechter's level of professionalism and patient care served as a major catalyst in moving me beyond my pre-sugery fear and throughout my successful full hip replacement. His advice was always on point and timely. Other than not having surgery at all, this was the most satisfactory resolution to my condition that I could have hoped for. Dr. Schwechter and his team were an answer to my prayers. Thank you!
in New York, NY |
Dr. Evan Schwechter was highly recommend (from another specialty surgon) and I'm so very pleased with my results. I found Dr. Schwechter calm, attentive, accurately predicting the course of my Total Hip Replacement, supplementing our discussion with reading material, plus the "team process" of care, put me at total ease. After my two week check-up - X-ray shows perfect placement - having surgical/recovery pain, but no hip pain. Six weeks later, doing light workouts, even running a little. WOW!
in Bronx, NY |
Dr. Schwechter told it just the way it was. I needed a total hip replacement. He put out a strong vibe that I knew I was making the correct decision. He did a great job and had me walking about 5 hours after surgery, without any pain. Everyone on his team was professional. I would recommend Dr. Schwechter to my family & friends. I'm really glad to say that after three years of constant pain that i'm pain free walking.
in Bronx, NY |
Dr. Schwechter saw me on two ocassions to provide his professional advice regarding some chronic knee pain which I was experiencing for several months. At the second and last of two visits with him he referred me to another surgeon in his office who he stated would be able to perform a surgical procedure on my knee. During this exam Dr. S was extremely brief with me quickly dismissing me and leaving the exam room abruptly without explaining my condition, diagnosis or alternative treatments.
in BRONX, NY |
My Name Is Stephen Dorsey. A patient of Dr. Schwechter. When I First Meet Dr. Schwechter His Kindness & Care For Me Really Surprise. He Told His Time To Explain Everything. He Help Me To BELIEVE In MIRACLE'S...... I Have My LIFE BACK! I'm More Happy & Painless......I Can Walk Much Better.....I RATE DR.SCHWECTER A 5 WITH HANDS DOWN...THE BEST......
in Bronx, NY |
Dr. Schwechter is a gifted skilled surgeon who has operated on me three times, right knee revision surgery, left knee total replacement, left hip total replacement. Each outcome was wonderfully successful. My quality of life improved dramatically and I am pain free! I would recommend him to family and friends in a heart beat!
Have you seen Dr. Evan Schwechter, MD?
Are you Dr. Schwechter?

Visit Dr. Schwechter

Dr. Schwechter accepts 13 insurance carriers
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Louisiana
    BlueConnect HMO
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts
    Preferred Blue PPO
  • Capital District Physician's Health Plan (CDPHP)
    Capital District Physician's Health Plan (CDPHP) HMO