Dr. Evan Leibowitz, MD

Dr. Evan Leibowitz, MD

Rheumatology  |
I completed my Rheumatology Fellowship in 2002 at the Hospital For Special Surgery in New York City. I have been practicing Rheumatology in the northern New Jersey community since then. I have gained incredible experience diagnosing and treating patients with the entire spectrum of rheumatic diseases. In October of 2016 The Arthritis Foundation made me the Rheumatologist of the Year. I have been elected to sit on the Arthritis Foundation board of New Jersey and Eastern Pennsylvania. I have been a Top Doctor multiple times in the Castle Connolly guide, Inside New Jersey, New Jersey Magazine, and New York Magazine. I often lecture and teach other physicians about rheumatic diseases. I am frequently invited to speak locally and nationally.

301 Godwin Ave

Midland Park, NJ 07432

• Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield
  • Highmark Blue Cross Blue Shield
  • Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey

Learn about Dr. Leibowitz

See how frequently Dr. Leibowitz performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Arthritis
Autoimmune Diseases
Osteopenia

Dr. Leibowitz's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

This content was provided by Dr. Leibowitz "My philosophy of placing patient care and needs first has been my central guiding principal since I started practicing Rheumatology in 2002. I incorporate careful history and physical exam skills with years of experience. This enables me to best apply the art and science of Rheumatology in order to provide you with successful treatment. I view the doctor patient relationship as a partnership between you and me. Ultimately we will come to decisions about your treatment plan together. I will empower you to be in control of your health and to be involved in all aspects of your care.  I make educating my patients about their condition and treatment a priority so that they completely understand what the goals are. Patients often complement me on how I am such an effective listener. This best enables me to attend to your unique individual needs."

• Rheumatology

• Rheumatology
    Accredited by: American Board of Internal Medicine*

• Achilles Tendinitis
  • Ankylosing Spondylitis
  • Antiphospholipid Syndrome (APS)
  • Chondrocalcinosis
  • Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
  • Chronic Pain
  • Cutaneous Lupus Erythematosus
  • De Quervain's Disease
  • Dermatomyositis
  • Gout
  • Hepatitis B - Immune Response
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Lupus
  • Osteoarthritis of Hand or Wrist
  • Osteoarthritis of Hands
  • Osteoarthritis of Hip and Thigh
  • Plantar Fasciitis
  • Polymyalgia Rheumatica (PMR)
  • Polymyositis
  • Wegener's Granulomatosis

• Biological Therapy
  • Myofascial Trigger Point Injection
  • Viscosupplementation With Hyaluronate

No malpractice history found for New Jersey.

• Rutgers University / New Brunswick Campus
  • Hospital for Special Surgery
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2002
  • Cornell Medical College
    Other Education | Completed 2002

Dr. Leibowitz has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Leibowitz does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Leibowitz and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Leibowitz's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Leibowitz to family and friends
Dr. Leibowitz Says:

My practice seriously values the feedback that you provide about our services. We use your comments  to continuously improve the patient's experience with our office. I appreciate the time that you spend thoughtfully reviewing us. Your reviews will assist other patients to decide  whether our practice is right for them.

Dr. Leibowitz's Performance
in Ridgewood, NJ |
I have several specialists and Dr. Leibowitz is by far my favorite.
Dr. Leibowitz has had a positive impact on my health over the past 7 years. He carefully listens and analyzes information to determine the correct diagnosis. His cheerful, positive demeanor reflects the passion he has for his specialty. I would recommend Dr. Evan Leibowitz without reservation. One of the best!
Maywood, NJ |
I have been Dr Leibowitz's pt. For 15 years. At the time, he newly diagnosed me with psoriatic arthritis. As I am a RN, I found Dr Leibowitz to be the ultimate professional. He is an excellent clinical diagnostician; very knowledgeable about the disease states he treats; their current and future treatment options. He is caring, personable and understanding. He promptly returns phone calls and / or portal messages. I have recommended him to any one looking for a rheumatologist.
in Saddle River, NJ |
Dr. Leibowitz is a very special Doctor. He takes the time to understand your issues and has a sincere desire to find the proper diagnosis for them. In my case, he has been extraordinarily important. He found through careful and systematic trial and error, what was causing my pains and prescribing a management program to significantly reduce or eliminate them. Aside from being a special Doctor he is sensitive and caring not only about your condition but how it affects you life.
in Mahwah, NJ |
I have been seeing Dr. Leibowitz for my Rheumatoid Arthritis for about 13 years. I feel he is a great doctor in so many ways... he is extremely knowledgable in his field and keeps current on the best treatments for RA and their longterm effects. He is a great listener and spends the necessary time with with me and makes sure my questions are answered. His demeanor is very pleasant and he always makes me feel comfortable. I have recommended him to many of my friends with auto-immune disorders.
in Suffern, NY |
I have seen Dr Leibowitz for over 8 years. He is very friendly, knowledgeable, and always takes the time to listen. He provides thorough explanations of medications, diagnoses, and treatment options. He is a wonderful example of "partnering in care" - helping his patients to make informed decisions regarding their treatment options. I am a RN myself, and always highly recommend him to anyone that asks about a rheumatologist!
in Ledgewood, NJ |
Another physician referred Dr. Leibowitz to me some years ago when I was looking for a doctor who was knowledgeable about my conditions. I'm so glad that I start seeing him! He is not only knowledgeable about my conditions but also keeps up with latest information and share it with me. He stands by his guiding principle and takes time with his patients. Although I live in Morris County and work in Somerset County, trip to see him is never a waste of time. I highly recommend Dr. Leibowitz!
in Bergen County, NJ |
Dr. Leibowitz was recommened to me by another physician. After trying several rheumatologists in NJ and NYC, I am thankful to have found him. He listens, suggests, discusses and answers portal messages when I leave them. He takes time with his patients and I never feel rushed. He recommended me to another specialist for a rare disease that is finally being treated properly. Dr. Leibowitz is very knowledgeable and is a caring doctor. I would definitely recommend him.
Ridgewood, NJ |
Dr Leibovitz was very kind ,listened to all my questions, and gave me a referral for physical therapy.
in WYCKOFF, New JERSEY |
HIghly !! Dr. Leibowitz's bedside manner is professional, courteous ,friendly, calming and reassuring. He is extremely thorough, knowledgeable and immaculate in his person. He is patient and truly listens to your complaints and symptoms and does not rush you. His main concern is the proper treatment for his patient's well being and he answers your questions promptly via the patient portal. I He makes me feel safe and cared for and is a credit to the medical profession.
in Lodi NJ |
I have been dr. Leibowitz's patient over 12 years, He is very kind, cpmpassionate,treats his patients as they were to be his family. He is proffessional, amd kind we need more Dr.'s like him. He takes his time listens to the patients and explains the severity of the illness and also informs you about how the treatment is working . Also, whenever I needed to call and leave a message for him, He calls me usually the same day.I have RA for 13 y.and I am living normal life.Fatbarda Ahmeti from Lodi
in Paramus, NJ |
Dr. Leibowitz has been my doctor for over 10 years. He is the best! I had gone to several neurologists, endocrinologists and rheumatologists prior to seeing him to figure out what was wrong with me. Dr. Leibowitz was the only one who could put a name to my rare autoimmune condition. He listens and takes his time when you are in his office. He is not only a wonderful doctor, but a wonderful human being.
in Mahwah, NJ |
I've been a patient of Dr. Leibowitz for the past 8 years or so, and I can't recommend him more highly. The office staff is very helpful, and I've always been able to secure an emergency appointment if I wasn't feeling well. Dr. Leibowitz has always explained my condition well, listened to my concerns, and provided helpful, alternative ways to help me control my symptoms. I've recommended him to family members and coworkers alike.
in Hoboken NJ |
I'm a 32 year old female who has been going to Dr. Leibowitz since I've been 23. He loves what he does and cares about your health. With the proper diagnosis with chronic inflammation/RA I was able to enjoy activities again and live a normal life. He is high in demand so make sure to plan accordingly in scheduling.
in Hawthorne, NJ |
I've dealt with him for more than 10 years for gout. He follows research and trends, shares much advance, always friendly and professional. One of the best doctors I have ever dealt with.
in Oradell, NJ |
When I had what turned out to be a blood clot in my hand that several doctors, including 2 specialists, could not pinpoint, I needed a quarterback to find the right people who could solve the problem. Dr. Leibowitz was, and still is, that for me. He arranged a weekend series of tests, then researched surgeons in New York City when one couldn't be found in New Jersey to perform the microsurgery I needed, and cold-called him. Bottom line: The surgeon, and Dr. Leibowitz's diligence, saved my hand
in Midland Park, NJ |
As a patient of Dr Leibowitz’s for 12 years, I have had opportunity to be taken care of by an excellent physician. Dr. Leibowitz is all I could have hoped for in a physician. He has always provided the absolute best of care, and I believe, best advice and treatment during every visit, for every issue. If you are looking for a physician whose medical knowledge is encyclopedic, treats the whole person, and takes the time to be caring, then Dr. Evan Leibowitz is someone you should consider visit.
in Wyckoff,NJ |
Dr Leibowitz has been treating me for the past year for a rare auto immune disease. I was fortunate to have him at my side during a life threatening crisis. His expertise and knowledge have kept my disease under control this past year. He takes the time at every visit to listen to my husbands and my concerns. He is constantly researching the latest developments with regard to my condition. Besides being a top notch Doctor he is one of the kindest and most compassionate people I have ever met.
in Fair Lawn, NJ |
Dr. Leibowitz is an outstanding doctor. He listens with compassion and does everything possible to help patients with chronic pain.
in Sussex County |
I have been with Dr. Leibowitz since 2003 for the treatment of DM and I've always been confident in his treatment plans and happy with his level of care. His compassion and kindness are evident in the way that he treats his patients and the relationships that he builds with them. He is thorough and he takes the time to answer questions or address any concerns. He listens and he works WITH me. I have the utmost respect for Dr. Leibowitz and feel fortunate to have him along for the long haul.
in Mahwah, NJ |
A real gentleman Takes time to talk to you and is of the old fashioned type,as they say they don't make them like him any more
in West Milford, NJ |
My husband and I are both patients of Dr.Leibowitz .He is a very compassionate and caring doctor and in these days a Dr. like that is very hard to find.He always listens to all our concerns.We never feel rushed.
in Wyckoff, NJ |
I have been going to Dr. Leibowitz for 14 years. He has been with me every step of the way in treating my rheumatoid arthritis. He truly listens to what I have to say. He is not a cookie cutter doctor prescribing the standard course of medications. He is willing to let me try new avenues regarding my medication and is always my biggest supporter. He is interested in my total well being and I am so fortunate that I found him. I will be with him for many years to come.
Fair Lawn, NJ |
HE is caring,does not rush you,listens, I am a medical professional and I rate him as excellent.
in Midland Park, NJ |
Dr. Leibowitz a doctor who is truly interested in helping his patients and likes what he is doing. Listens to concerns and answers in detail. Takes the time required during any visit. Does not watch the clock. Also is willing to accept consults to check on conditions and diagnoses. A patient's doctor.
in Dumont, NJ |
I've been going to Dr. Leibowitz for several years for a somewhat obscure autoimmune disease that has given me several complications, some of which were quite serious. He has shown INCREDIBLE knowledge and expertise in every aspect of my condition, sending me to specialists when necessary. He explains everything thoroughly & answers all my questions with the best bedside manner I have ever experienced in a doctor of his caliber! He is always compassionate & understanding! The BEST doctor EVER!!!
in New Milford, NJ |
Very knowledgeable, very dedicated to helping to improve the patient's condition. Very thorough evaluation of symptoms. Always kind and compassionate. Listens intently and offers treatments and therapies which make sense for the patient rather than just standard treatment. Responds quickly to emergency calls. Based on his experience with thousands of patients, he correctly identified my condition as rheumatoid arthritis simply by looking at my hands. Tests later confirmed his diagnosis.
in Ramsey, NJ |
I have been a patient of Dr. Leibowitz for over ten years. He is very kind and listens carefully; his main objective is to help you the best way he is able with the resourses he has available. He keeps up to date with the latest research for your needs. 100 percent satisfied with his expertise.
in New York, NY |
When I first met Dr. Leibowitz, I was in so much pain. He took the time to exam, explain, and diagnosis my condition. I am a very active 66 year young person, and He made sure that I would continue to be that way. My husband, family and friends are so happy that I have gotten back to my self.. I can not thank him and his staff enough..
Have you seen Dr. Evan Leibowitz, MD?
Are you Dr. Leibowitz?