Dr. Evan H. Leibowitz, MD

Dr. Evan H. Leibowitz, MD

Rheumatology | Male | 47 years old

My philosophy of placing patient care and needs first has been my central guiding principal since I started practicing Rheumatology in 2002. I incorporate careful history and physical exam skills with years of experinece. This enables me to best apply the art and science of Rheumatology in order to provide you with successful treatment. I view the doctor patient relationship as a partnership between you and me. Ultimately we will come to decisions about your treatment plan together. I will empower you to be in control of your health and to be involved in all aspects of your care. I make educating my patients about their condition and treatment a priority so that they completely understand what the goals are. Patients often complement me on how I am such an effective listener. This best enables me to attend to your unique individual needs.Read more

Personal Bio

Dr. Leibowitz's Experience

See how Dr. Leibowitz's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Leibowitz

Dr. Leibowitz accepts 11 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Leibowitz has admitting privileges.

Hospital Quality Awards

Experience with Dr. Leibowitz
Dr. Leibowitz's Office & Staff
    10 – 15 minutes (22)
Dr. Leibowitz Says:

My practice seriously values the feedback that you provide about our services. We use your comments  to continuously improve the patient's experience with our office. I appreciate the time that you spend thoughtfully reviewing us. Your reviews will assist other patients to decide  whether our practice is right for them.

in Hoboken NJ |
I'm a 32 year old female who has been going to Dr. Leibowitz since I've been 23. He loves what he does and cares about your health. With the proper diagnosis with chronic inflammation/RA I was able to enjoy activities again and live a normal life. He is high in demand so make sure to plan accordingly in scheduling.
in Hawthorne, NJ |
I've dealt with him for more than 10 years for gout. He follows research and trends, shares much advance, always friendly and professional. One of the best doctors I have ever dealt with.
in Oradell, NJ |
When I had what turned out to be a blood clot in my hand that several doctors, including 2 specialists, could not pinpoint, I needed a quarterback to find the right people who could solve the problem. Dr. Leibowitz was, and still is, that for me. He arranged a weekend series of tests, then researched surgeons in New York City when one couldn't be found in New Jersey to perform the microsurgery I needed, and cold-called him. Bottom line: The surgeon, and Dr. Leibowitz's diligence, saved my hand
in Midland Park, NJ |
As a patient of Dr Leibowitz’s for 12 years, I have had opportunity to be taken care of by an excellent physician. Dr. Leibowitz is all I could have hoped for in a physician. He has always provided the absolute best of care, and I believe, best advice and treatment during every visit, for every issue. If you are looking for a physician whose medical knowledge is encyclopedic, treats the whole person, and takes the time to be caring, then Dr. Evan Leibowitz is someone you should consider visit.
in Wyckoff,NJ |
Dr Leibowitz has been treating me for the past year for a rare auto immune disease. I was fortunate to have him at my side during a life threatening crisis. His expertise and knowledge have kept my disease under control this past year. He takes the time at every visit to listen to my husbands and my concerns. He is constantly researching the latest developments with regard to my condition. Besides being a top notch Doctor he is one of the kindest and most compassionate people I have ever met.
in Fair Lawn, NJ |
Dr. Leibowitz is an outstanding doctor. He listens with compassion and does everything possible to help patients with chronic pain.
in Sussex County |
I have been with Dr. Leibowitz since 2003 for the treatment of DM and I've always been confident in his treatment plans and happy with his level of care. His compassion and kindness are evident in the way that he treats his patients and the relationships that he builds with them. He is thorough and he takes the time to answer questions or address any concerns. He listens and he works WITH me. I have the utmost respect for Dr. Leibowitz and feel fortunate to have him along for the long haul.
in Mahwah, NJ |
A real gentleman Takes time to talk to you and is of the old fashioned type,as they say they don't make them like him any more
in West Milford, NJ |
My husband and I are both patients of Dr.Leibowitz .He is a very compassionate and caring doctor and in these days a Dr. like that is very hard to find.He always listens to all our concerns.We never feel rushed.
in Wyckoff, NJ |
I have been going to Dr. Leibowitz for 14 years. He has been with me every step of the way in treating my rheumatoid arthritis. He truly listens to what I have to say. He is not a cookie cutter doctor prescribing the standard course of medications. He is willing to let me try new avenues regarding my medication and is always my biggest supporter. He is interested in my total well being and I am so fortunate that I found him. I will be with him for many years to come.
Fair Lawn, NJ |
HE is caring,does not rush you,listens, I am a medical professional and I rate him as excellent.
in Midland Park, NJ |
Dr. Leibowitz a doctor who is truly interested in helping his patients and likes what he is doing. Listens to concerns and answers in detail. Takes the time required during any visit. Does not watch the clock. Also is willing to accept consults to check on conditions and diagnoses. A patient's doctor.
in Dumont, NJ |
I've been going to Dr. Leibowitz for several years for a somewhat obscure autoimmune disease that has given me several complications, some of which were quite serious. He has shown INCREDIBLE knowledge and expertise in every aspect of my condition, sending me to specialists when necessary. He explains everything thoroughly & answers all my questions with the best bedside manner I have ever experienced in a doctor of his caliber! He is always compassionate & understanding! The BEST doctor EVER!!!
in New Milford, NJ |
Very knowledgeable, very dedicated to helping to improve the patient's condition. Very thorough evaluation of symptoms. Always kind and compassionate. Listens intently and offers treatments and therapies which make sense for the patient rather than just standard treatment. Responds quickly to emergency calls. Based on his experience with thousands of patients, he correctly identified my condition as rheumatoid arthritis simply by looking at my hands. Tests later confirmed his diagnosis.
in Ramsey, NJ |
I have been a patient of Dr. Leibowitz for over ten years. He is very kind and listens carefully; his main objective is to help you the best way he is able with the resourses he has available. He keeps up to date with the latest research for your needs. 100 percent satisfied with his expertise.
in New York, NY |
When I first met Dr. Leibowitz, I was in so much pain. He took the time to exam, explain, and diagnosis my condition. I am a very active 66 year young person, and He made sure that I would continue to be that way. My husband, family and friends are so happy that I have gotten back to my self.. I can not thank him and his staff enough..
Have you seen Dr. Evan H. Leibowitz, MD?
Are you Dr. Leibowitz?

Compare Dr. Leibowitz

Dr. Leibowitz says...

I completed my Rheumatology Fellowship in 2002 at the Hospital For Special Surgery in New York City. I have been practicing Rheumatology in the northern New Jersey community since then. I have gained incredible experience diagnosing and treating patients with the entire spectrum of rheumatic diseases. In October of 2016 The Arthritis Foundation made me the Rheumatologist of the Year. I have been a Top Doctor multiple times in the Castle Connolly guide, Inside New Jersey, New Jersey Magazine, and New York Magazine.

Dr. Leibowitz's Care Philosophy

My philosophy of placing patient care and needs first has been my central guiding principal since I started practicing Rheumatology in 2002. I incorporate careful history and physical exam skills with years of experinece. This enables me to best apply the art and science of Rheumatology in order to provide you with successful treatment. I view the doctor patient relationship as a partnership between you and me. Ultimately we will come to decisions about your treatment plan together. I will empower you to be in control of your health and to be involved in all aspects of your care.  I make educating my patients about their condition and treatment a priority so that they completely understand what the goals are. Patients often complement me on how I am such an effective listener. This best enables me to attend to your unique individual needs.

Dr. Leibowitz says...

I am a medical detective. It is extremely satisfying for me  to help a person figure out how their symptoms fit together to formulate a diagnosis. I am especially interested in treating people who have rheumatoid arthritis, psoriatic arthritis, ankylosing spondylitis, systemic lupus erythematosus, vasculitis, and gout.

Dr. Leibowitz says...

My practice has a fully staffed infusion suite. We are experienced at treating patients with all of the currently approved biologics including Remicade, Actemra, Orencia, Simponi Aria, Rituxan, Benlysta, intravenous gamma globulin, (IVIG), Entyvio, and  Reclast. We have significant experience treating atypical hemolytic uremic syndrome (aHUS) with intravenous Solaris. When indicated, we treat severe gout with intravenous Krystexa.

Dr. Leibowitz says...

Dr. Leibowitz's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Rheumatology
  •  Board certified in Rheumatology

Dr. Leibowitz has no media or publications listed.

No malpractice history found for New Jersey.

Why It Matters: Dr. Leibowitz's Board Certifications

• Rheumatology

• Achilles Tendinitis
  • Ankylosing Spondylitis
  • Antiphospholipid Syndrome (APS)
  • Cutaneous Lupus Erythematosus
  • De Quervain's Disease
  • Dermatomyositis
  • Gout
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Lupus
  • Osteoarthritis of Hand or Wrist
  • Osteoarthritis of Hands
  • Osteoarthritis of Hip and Thigh
  • Plantar Fasciitis
  • Polymyalgia Rheumatica (PMR)
  • Polymyositis

Graduated in 1991

• Other Education
    Cornell Medical College

Completed in 2002

Dr. Leibowitz does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Leibowitz and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Rheumatology

• Biological Therapy
  • Myofascial Trigger Point Injection
  • Viscosupplementation With Hyaluronate

You've got options

We're finding other great Providers for you to consider.