Dr. Evan Leibowitz, MD

RheumatologyMaleAge 53

Rheumatology

Dr. Evan Leibowitz, MD is a Rheumatology Specialist in Midland Park, NJ and has over 27 years of experience in the medical field. Dr. Leibowitz has extensive experience in Osteoporosis & Screening, Arthritis & Arthropathy, and Rheumatologic Muscular Diseases. He graduated from UMDNJ-- New Jersey Medical School in 1996. He is affiliated with Valley Hospital. His office accepts new patients and telehealth appointments.

Dr. Evan Leibowitz, MD
301 GODWIN AVE Midland Park, NJ 07432
Telehealth services available
Telehealth services available

Compare with other Rheumatology Specialists

Compare Dr. Leibowitz with our nearby Rheumatology Specialists at Cooperman Barnabas Medical Center.

Make an appointment at Cooperman Barnabas Medical Center today at (973) 765-6593.

These providers are on the medical staff of Cooperman Barnabas Medical Center.

Dr. Leibowitz's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Leibowitz

He takes his time and is very competent and caring
Mary Kirchmeier – Jan 08, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Evan Leibowitz, MD?
Dr. Leibowitz is a concerned and knowledgeable doctor who takes the time needed and is compassionate and focused on his field. Glad to have him as a doctor.
Stanley Nowak – Aug 17, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Evan Leibowitz, MD?
Dr Leibowitz is an exceptional physician in such a complex complicated field of medicine. He is kind,professional, asks questions and really listens, then explains and advises.
Andrea Delmont – Nov 09, 2019
Absolutely great physician!
Bob in Secaucus , – May 11, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Evan Leibowitz, MD?
Dr Leibowitz is very easy to talk with. He takes his time to listen and explains things so I understand them. He never makes me feel rushed .I really like him and am glad I was referred to him.
susan Davis in allendale, NJ – Jun 16, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Evan Leibowitz, MD?
DR Liebowitz is not only a kind, caring and gentile person but he very smart and a very fine well trained physician. I would recommend him to anyone.
william Hodgins in Park Ridge NJ – Feb 27, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Evan Leibowitz, MD?
Dr. Liebowitz always runs on time and never makes me wait. He is always up to date on the latest research and has helped me maintain a very active lifestyle with no pain and no symptoms.
Feb 01, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Evan Leibowitz, MD?
I have several specialists and Dr. Leibowitz is by far my favorite.
L. Kolvek in Ridgewood, NJ – Nov 06, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Evan Leibowitz, MD?
Dr. Leibowitz has had a positive impact on my health over the past 7 years. He carefully listens and analyzes information to determine the correct diagnosis. His cheerful, positive demeanor reflects the passion he has for his specialty. I would recommend Dr. Evan Leibowitz without reservation. One of the best!
Patty Migliorisi – Nov 01, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Evan Leibowitz, MD?
I have been Dr Leibowitz's pt. For 15 years. At the time, he newly diagnosed me with psoriatic arthritis. As I am a RN, I found Dr Leibowitz to be the ultimate professional. He is an excellent clinical diagnostician; very knowledgeable about the disease states he treats; their current and future treatment options. He is caring, personable and understanding. He promptly returns phone calls and / or portal messages. I have recommended him to any one looking for a rheumatologist.
Maywood, NJ – Oct 18, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Evan Leibowitz, MD?
I have been seeing Dr. Leibowitz for my Rheumatoid Arthritis for about 13 years. I feel he is a great doctor in so many ways... he is extremely knowledgable in his field and keeps current on the best treatments for RA and their longterm effects. He is a great listener and spends the necessary time with with me and makes sure my questions are answered. His demeanor is very pleasant and he always makes me feel comfortable. I have recommended him to many of my friends with auto-immune disorders.
C. Adams in Mahwah, NJ – Aug 01, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Evan Leibowitz, MD?
I have seen Dr Leibowitz for over 8 years. He is very friendly, knowledgeable, and always takes the time to listen. He provides thorough explanations of medications, diagnoses, and treatment options. He is a wonderful example of "partnering in care" - helping his patients to make informed decisions regarding their treatment options. I am a RN myself, and always highly recommend him to anyone that asks about a rheumatologist!
Michelle Boyd in Suffern, NY – Jul 22, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Evan Leibowitz, MD?
Another physician referred Dr. Leibowitz to me some years ago when I was looking for a doctor who was knowledgeable about my conditions. I'm so glad that I start seeing him! He is not only knowledgeable about my conditions but also keeps up with latest information and share it with me. He stands by his guiding principle and takes time with his patients. Although I live in Morris County and work in Somerset County, trip to see him is never a waste of time. I highly recommend Dr. Leibowitz!
TS in Ledgewood, NJ – Jul 07, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Evan Leibowitz, MD?
Dr. Leibowitz was recommened to me by another physician. After trying several rheumatologists in NJ and NYC, I am thankful to have found him. He listens, suggests, discusses and answers portal messages when I leave them. He takes time with his patients and I never feel rushed. He recommended me to another specialist for a rare disease that is finally being treated properly. Dr. Leibowitz is very knowledgeable and is a caring doctor. I would definitely recommend him.
Janet in Bergen County, NJ – May 19, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Evan Leibowitz, MD?
Dr Leibovitz was very kind ,listened to all my questions, and gave me a referral for physical therapy.
Ridgewood, NJ – May 01, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Evan Leibowitz, MD?
HIghly !! Dr. Leibowitz's bedside manner is professional, courteous ,friendly, calming and reassuring. He is extremely thorough, knowledgeable and immaculate in his person. He is patient and truly listens to your complaints and symptoms and does not rush you. His main concern is the proper treatment for his patient's well being and he answers your questions promptly via the patient portal. I He makes me feel safe and cared for and is a credit to the medical profession.
NANCY CANOVA in WYCKOFF, New JERSEY – Apr 25, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Evan Leibowitz, MD?
I have been dr. Leibowitz's patient over 12 years, He is very kind, cpmpassionate,treats his patients as they were to be his family. He is proffessional, amd kind we need more Dr.'s like him. He takes his time listens to the patients and explains the severity of the illness and also informs you about how the treatment is working . Also, whenever I needed to call and leave a message for him, He calls me usually the same day.I have RA for 13 y.and I am living normal life.Fatbarda Ahmeti from Lodi
Fatbarda Ahmet in Lodi NJ – Apr 20, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Evan Leibowitz, MD?
Dr. Leibowitz has been my doctor for over 10 years. He is the best! I had gone to several neurologists, endocrinologists and rheumatologists prior to seeing him to figure out what was wrong with me. Dr. Leibowitz was the only one who could put a name to my rare autoimmune condition. He listens and takes his time when you are in his office. He is not only a wonderful doctor, but a wonderful human being.
Maureen in Paramus, NJ – Apr 14, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Evan Leibowitz, MD?
I've been a patient of Dr. Leibowitz for the past 8 years or so, and I can't recommend him more highly. The office staff is very helpful, and I've always been able to secure an emergency appointment if I wasn't feeling well. Dr. Leibowitz has always explained my condition well, listened to my concerns, and provided helpful, alternative ways to help me control my symptoms. I've recommended him to family members and coworkers alike.
Krista in Mahwah, NJ – Dec 28, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Evan Leibowitz, MD?
I'm a 32 year old female who has been going to Dr. Leibowitz since I've been 23. He loves what he does and cares about your health. With the proper diagnosis with chronic inflammation/RA I was able to enjoy activities again and live a normal life. He is high in demand so make sure to plan accordingly in scheduling.
Stephanie in Hoboken NJ – Nov 01, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Evan Leibowitz, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Leibowitz?

My philosophy of placing patient care and needs first has been my central guiding principal since I started practicing Rheumatology in 2002. I incorporate...Read more

I completed my Rheumatology Fellowship in 2002 at the Hospital For Special Surgery in New York City. I have been practicing Rheumatology in the northern...Read more

• Rheumatology

1996
UMDNJ-- New Jersey Medical School
1991
RUTGERS UNIVERSITY / NEW BRUNSWICK CAMPUS

What is the best way to schedule an appointment with Dr. Evan Leibowitz, MD?

Does Dr. Evan Leibowitz, MD accept any insurance plans?

Does Dr. Evan Leibowitz, MD accept new patients?

New patients are generally accepted by Dr. Evan Leibowitz, MD on Healthgrades. To arrange an appointment, call the number on Dr. Leibowitz's profile.

What are Dr. Evan Leibowitz, MD's top areas of expertise?

Dr. Leibowitz specializes in Osteoporosis & Screening, Arthritis & Arthropathy, and Rheumatologic Muscular Diseases. See more on Healthgrades.

What conditions does Dr. Evan Leibowitz, MD treat?

Dr. Leibowitz frequently treats the following conditions: Arthritis, Osteoarthritis of Hands, and Osteoarthritis of Hand or Wrist. See more on Healthgrades.

What is Dr. Evan Leibowitz, MD's office address?

Dr. Leibowitz's office is located at 301 GODWIN AVE, Midland Park, NJ 07432. You can find other locations and directions on Healthgrades.

Is Dr. Evan Leibowitz, MD able to provide telehealth services?

Dr. Leibowitz provides telehealth services. Please contact the office to determine whether you are eligible.

Is Dr. Evan Leibowitz, MD affiliated with any hospitals?

Dr. Evan Leibowitz, MD is affiliated with Valley Hospital.

How much experience does Dr. Evan Leibowitz, MD have?

Dr. Leibowitz has over 26 years of healthcare experience.

No malpractice claims found for New Jersey

Frequently Treated by Dr. Leibowitz

Based on treatment records, we have identified the following as areas of care that Dr. Leibowitz treats more often than their peers. If you are unsure whether Dr. Leibowitz treats other conditions, please contact the office at (201) 444-4526.

Osteoporosis & Screening

Osteoporosis specialists diagnose and treat conditions characterized by low bone density and bone weakness, such as osteoporosis and osteopenia.Compare with other Osteoporosis & Screening specialists.

Dr. Leibowitz is experienced in the area of Osteoporosis & Screening. See the graph below to learn more about his experience.

Based on claims data for 2 conditions and procedures

Osteopenia
Osteoporosis

Arthritis & Arthropathy

Arthritis and arthropathy specialists diagnose and treat diseases such as rheumatoid arthritis, psoriatic arthritis, osteoarthritis, and ankylosing spondylitis that damage joints, causing pain, stiffness and swelling.Compare with other Arthritis & Arthropathy specialists.

Dr. Leibowitz is experienced in the area of Arthritis & Arthropathy. See the graph below to learn more about his experience.

Based on claims data for 23 conditions and procedures

Arthritis
Osteoarthritis of Hands
Osteoarthritis
Rheumatoid Arthritis

Rheumatologic Muscular Diseases

Rheumatologic muscular disease specialists diagnose and treat conditions including systemic lupus erythematosus, polymyalgia rheumatica, and polymyositis in which the immune system attacks healthy cells and causes muscle pain, stiffness or weakness.Compare with other Rheumatologic Muscular Diseases specialists.

Dr. Leibowitz is experienced in the area of Rheumatologic Muscular Diseases. See the graph below to learn more about his experience.

Based on claims data for 2 conditions and procedures

Dermatomyositis
Hide other treatment areas

Check Dr. Leibowitz's experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Leibowitz's conditions and procedures:

• Adhesive Capsulitis
  • Ankylosing Spondylitis
  • Ankylosing Vertebral Hyperostosis
  • Antiphospholipid Syndrome (APS)
  • Arthritis of the Neck
  • De Quervain's Disease
  • Dermatomyositis
  • Fever
  • Gout
  • Henoch–Schönlein Purpura (HSP)
  • Hepatitis B - Immune Response
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Limb Cramp
  • Osteoarthritis of Hand or Wrist
  • Osteoarthritis of Hands
  • Osteoarthritis of Hip and Thigh
  • Plantar Fasciitis
  • Polymyalgia Rheumatica (PMR)
  • Polymyositis
  • Vasculitis
  • Viscosupplementation With Hyaluronate
  • Wegener's Granulomatosis

Dr. Leibowitz accepts

Dr. Leibowitz accepts the following insurance:

Amerihealth