Dr. Evan Black, MD

Dr. Evan Black, MD

Ophthalmic Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery | Male | 48 years old

29 reviews| Leave a review
You've got options
Here's a few other providers to consider
Narrow your results

Dr. Black is fellowship trained in ophthalmic plastic and reconstructive surgery. He is Director of Oculoplastic Surgery and an Associate Professor of Ophthalmology at Wayne State University School of Medicine and at William Beaumont Oakland University School of Medicine. in our practice, we strive to provide a personalized and thoughtful approach to caring for patients with cosmetic eyelid concerns as well as diseases involving the eyelids, tearing system and orbit/eyesocket region. Patients are evaluated as people and individuals, and treated with the utmost respect. We listen to your needs and goals, so whether you seek a cosmetic treatment or are suffering from a disease involving our specialty area, we are here to provide the quality care you seek.Read more

Dr. Black's Experience

See how Dr. Black's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Black

Dr. Black accepts 16 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Black has admitting privileges.

Dr. Black's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Black to family and friends
Dr. Black's Performance
in Grand Blanc, MI |
Very professional and caring, took the time to answer all my questions thoroughly. Procedure went great, and was happy with the results!
Owosso, MI |
The entire experience from scheduling the initial appointment through the three month check up after surgery was exceptional. Dr. Black and staff at the Flint office and Southfield procedure center are efficient, personable, professional and thorough. I have had significant improvements in my visual field, level of daytime fatigue, ability to read without blurry vision and also look younger since my procedure. I couldn't be happier! No hesitation in recommending this clinic/physician.
Saginaw, MI |
Dr. Black takes the time to answer all questions. He treated me as an equal and talked with me rather than at me. His staff is pleasant and knowledgable. This was an overall good experience.
in Sterling Heights, MI |
I had upper lid surgery done by Dr. Black in June 2016. I very pleased with my results. I can see much better and the incisions healed so well you can barely tell I had surgery. My mom and several friends have had surgery with him as well. Would very much (and have) recommend him for surgery
in Farmington, MI |
I am 6 weeks post surgery and I am thrilled with the results. I had a CO2 laser under both eyes and an Endoscopic forehead lift. Dr. Black is a gifted surgeon. He and his knowledgeable staff were patient and supportive thru the entire process. Full disclosure and no surprises, they under promised and over delivered. I wish all my physician interactions were this satisfying.
in Rochester, MI |
Dr. Black is one of the most caring physicians. In my presurgical consult, he was extremely thorough and spent an unpressured amount of time explaining my upcoming procedure. After meeting and talking with Dr. Black, I was very comfortable going ahead with the surgery. I would more than highly recommend him to friends and family. The outcome of my procedure was amazing. I am extremely satisfied. Dr. Black is very professional, as is his staff.
St Clair Shores, MI |
This Doc is the best! I had upper eye lid and brow lift in Dec. 2016. He is VERY good at what he does I am pleased beyond at the results. He is also the nicest ,most personable ,kindest man! All of his staff are extremely knowledgeable and oh my if your appointment is for say 10:00am - guess what - they see you at 10:00am - I would recommend Dr. Black to everyone !
South Lyon, MI |
I consulted another surgeon prior. I found Dr. Black was more experienced and comfortable in his specialty. He educated me on my options with professional consideration. The thorough written patient booklet was impressive and helpful. The billing office explained fees completely; no surprises! My recovery following lid and forehead lift surgery was uneventful; I am very pleased with results! Dr. Black is a caring and friendly physician. I highly recommend him to anyone seeking similar services.
in West Bloomfield, MI |
I had a lower eyelid Blepharoplasty about 7-8 years ago. Dr. Black was extremely professional, courteous and attentive with my care. I could not have been happier with the results and have recommended him to all of my family and friends. In fact, everyone in my family who used him was very happy and recommended Dr. Black as well. I would not hesitate to call him in the future.
in Interlochen, MI |
Completed four delicate eyelid surgeries to remove basal cell cancer from right eye area. Very professional and attentive to detail. Multiple offices to visit. Would recommend highly to anyone.
in Macomb, MI |
I had a forehead lift by Dr. Black about nine years ago. I look 10 years younger today than I did then. I would highly recommend anyone wanting to look and feel great to call for an appointment today. You will love the way you look for many years to come!!!!!! I can't thank him enough!
in Bloomfield Hills MI |
I recommend Dr. Black not only to my friends but family members as well. He performed an endoscopic forehead lift which had very little down time and minimal bruising as well. I later had the co2 laser done under my eyes. I am always happy to show off my before and after pictures. Excellent surgeon and excellent staff.
Dewitt, MI |
He suggested and performed unnecessary brow lift when I only need correction of ptosis to one eye. His surgery has made me look so old and unnatural! He didn't fix the ptosis, my eyes looks so horrible. Please don't recommend Dr. Black to any of your family or friends. My surgery was 11 months ago and it has changed life in a horrible way, I can't even look at myself in photos or in the mirror. It looks like I had a facelift gone wrong. The sad part I'm only 42 years old woman who looks old!
Have you seen Dr. Evan Black, MD?
Are you Dr. Black?

Dr. Black's Care Philosophy

Dr. Black's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Ophthalmic Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery
  •  Board certified in Ophthalmology
  •  Malpractice claims in Michigan not available

• AAO Achievement Award in Ophthalmology, 2011
    • Best Doctors in America, 2006-2012
    • Smith and Nesi's Ophthalmic Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, 3rd ed. Evan H. Black, et. al., 2012

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Michigan.

Why It Matters: Dr. Black's Board Certifications

• Ophthalmology

• Benign Neoplasm of Eye
  • Blind Hypertensive Eye
  • Blocked Tear Duct
  • Chalazion
  • Chronic Dacryoadenitis
  • Drooping Eyelids (Ptosis)
  • Ectropion of Eyelid

Graduated in 1990

• Other Education
    American Society Of Ophthalmic Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery Fellowship

Completed in 2000

Dr. Black does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Black and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Ophthalmic Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery