Dr. Evan Argintar, MD

Dr. Evan Argintar, MD

Orthopedic Surgery  |
Dr. Evan Argintar, MD is an orthopedic surgery doctor who practices in Washington, DC. He is 38 years old and has been practicing for 11 years. Read his story

110 Irving St NW

Washington, DC 20010

• CareFirst Blue Cross Blue Shield
  • Medicare

Learn about Dr. Argintar

See how frequently Dr. Argintar performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Patellofemoral Pain Syndrome or Knee Pain
Knee Disorders
Joint Pain

Dr. Argintar's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

Dr. Argintar's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Argintar "Dr. Evan Argintar is an experienced and friendly orthopedic surgeon caring for patients in the Washington D.C. community. He began his medical career in the DC area, earning his medical degree from the Georgetown University School of Medicine. Dr. Argintar stayed at Georgetown where he completed both his residency in orthopedic surgery at the MedStar Georgetown University Hospital. He completed his fellowship training in sports medicine at the University of Southern California before returning to the D.C. area where he practices today. Dr. Argintar is a member of the MedStar Orthopaedic Institute and is affiliated with the MedStar Washington Hospital Center where he performs surgery. His clinical interests include arthroscopic surgery, joint reconstruction, and sports related injuries. He sees patients for a general orthopedic consultations, sport injuries, as well as foot, knee, shoulder, and joint problems. He also provides hip arthroscopy and hip preservation services. He is attentive to his patients' concerns and tailors his treatment plans to accommodate their individual needs and comfort."

This content was provided by Dr. Argintar "I believe it is important to answer patients? questions and provide them with information that will help them understand and direct their course of care. In order to maintain a high level of easily accessible patient communication, I provide direct email availability. I also think it?s very important to be able to translate complicated medical problems into understandable terms. To help patient understanding, I often incorporate electronic media (iPad, for example) and ultrasound to help pat"

• Orthopedic Arthroscopy
  • Orthopedic Fracture Care

Dr. Argintar does not have any board certifications listed.

• Achilles Tendinitis
  • Elbow Bursitis
  • Femur Fracture
  • Foot Fracture
  • Foot Sprain
  • Fracture of Hand (incl. Fingers)
  • Glenoid Labrum Tear
  • Internal Derangement of Knee
  • Knee Dislocation
  • Knee Sprain
  • Lateral Collateral Ligament (LCL) Sprain
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
  • Lumbar Spine Fracture
  • Lupus
  • Neck Muscle Strain
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Non-Traumatic Rupture of Achilles Tendon

• Shoulder Fracture and Dislocation Treatment
  • Spinal Nerve Block
  • Spine Fracture Treatment
  • Viscosupplementation With Hyaluronate

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for District of Columbia.

• Tufts University
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 2001
    Medical School | Graduated 2006
    Internship Hospital | Completed 2007
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2011
  • University Southern California Medical Center Los Angeles County
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2012

Dr. Argintar has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Argintar has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Argintar does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Argintar and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Argintar's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Argintar to family and friends
Dr. Argintar's Performance
in Washington, DC |
Dr. Argintar is absolutely the BEST doctor , without a doubt. Although his staff has had a few faux pas with my scheduling, with meds, etc, he has offered nothing less than top-notch skill, professionalism, and bed-side manner. I would not hesitate in sending any one of my friends or family to see him. He makes his patients relax and concentrate on getting well.
in Washington, DC |
Dr Argintar is wonderful he did a splendid job on my knee from the first time i met with him and all through the entire process of replacement he explained everything to me and told me what to expect and listened to my concerns and questions, if i had to go thru knee replacement again he would be my choice for surgery, though i hope i dont have to again, but he is the one to go to in order to fix your knees
in Washington, DC |
Dr. Argintar, is the best because of him and God i can know walk without pain. I've never felt better
Washington, DC |
I had a shoulder problem for years that cortisone shots and PT couldn't fix. Dr. Argintar was quick to diagnose the real problem, and explained my options very clearly. My surgery with him—my fourth overall, and hopefully my last—has been the best overall experience, by far.
in Washington, DC |
I would recommend Dr. Argintar without hesitation to anyone. I fractured two ankle bones and he fixed my ankle and made the whole process bearable. I'm almost saddened that I will not be seeing much of him anymore because I am almost healed. He is one of the best!!!
in 537 shepherd st. nw 20011 |
if i had to do it again ONLY with him ,he is the BEST
Though my 1st visit with Dr. Argintar felt rushed, he was able to clearly address my concern with the hip pain I was experiencing and the results of my MRI. I appreciate he didn't push" surgery right away and suggested alternatives to possibly delay. My 2nd visit was much more relaxed. He answered all questions with detail and confidence. Day of, he made me feel relaxed . 6 weeks out, I'm walkling without assistance. Scar is minimal. Great work!
in Washington, DC |
He helped me feel at ease prior to my procedure and what to expect overall. I definitely felt confident in his ability to operate on me. Post-operation and during my initial stage of recovery, he responded to my emails where I had questions or concerns, even on the weekends when I least expected him to reply. I have high hopes that this procedure has and will continue to benefit me in the long run, which matters a lot to me. Thanks, Evan!
Washington, DC |
My experience with Dr. Argintar has been extremely positive. His ability to educate me about my condition and his careful consultation with me about my options was both important and comforting. Once surgery was decided upon and performed, the outcome could not have been better. I cannot recommend Dr. Argintar more strongly. He is terrific.
in Maryland |
Dr. Argintar is awesome! He finally fixed my shoulder that other doctors could not. His patient treatment is top notch. Couldn't recommend enough!
in Washington, DC |
The minute I met Dr. Argintar I knew I could trust him. he looked me in the eye, shook my hand and that was it. I looked up his mission statement: will answer any questions and educcate patients. What more could one ask for?
Washington, DC |
I would and have recommended Dr. Argintar to friends and family. Dr. Argintar repaired my torn labrum and a defect in my ball and socket of my shoulder. Since the surgery I have been able to return to rock climbing, feeling much stronger and confident in my joints. Dr. Argintar makes himself available to patients, providing his email address and responding quickly to inquiries.
in Washington, DC |
I had the most painfree hip rerplacement ever.
in Washington, DC |
Very professional and personable. Walked me through shoulder surgery pre and post op, and no issues with the surgery or recovery.
in Washington, DC |
Dr Argintar has done a great job and excellent service.
in Washington, DC |
wonderful and to the point.made me feel like i was in great hands.life changing.thank you.
in Washington, DC |
I saw Dr. Argintar for a broken collar bone and he did a fantasitic job. Very polite, explained everything well, and performed a great surgery. I've recovered remarkably quickly and the scar looks great. I would recommend him to anyone.
in Washington, DC |
My experience with Dr. Argintar was great. He came to me with a great attitude about my post operative and the steps that I had to take. Each time I seen him, he motivated me more and more to get better. All in all I would recommend him to my family and friends because he is a great surgeon.
Washington, DC |
Dr. Argintar listened to my history, my concerns, and my goals and we came up with a good treatment plan. His concern is genuine, and I trust him implicitly to come up with the correct course of action in any orthopedic issue I may have. I cannot recommend him highly enough.
in Washington, DC |
Dr Argintar is great Doc. Always ready to listen and gives advice. Did a great job on my knee. I will not trade for any other Doctor. Thanks! ! Keep up the good work.
in Washington, DC |
Dr. Argintar is Awsome!! I was very skeptical with getting both hip replacements. He gave me courage and strength. I thank him for bringing me back to life. I Truly Recommend is Remarkable work...
in Washington, DC |
Dr. Evan Argintar's a great surgeon. I recommend him constantly to family/friends that have similar conditions as I had. He replaced my left hip and changed my life. He had my trust immediately upon meeting him, his bed-side manner is superb. I feel as if I've made a friend for life. I'll forever be appreciative of the excellent care he gave me.
in Washington, D.C. |
Dr. Argintar is an excellent surgeron. He is extremely knowledgable and shows tremedous compassion. I HIGHLY recommend him for surgerical procedures!
in Temple Hills, MD |
I was having left knee pain due to extended wear and tear on on patella (knee cap). Since 5th grade my knee cap would slip out of place. I would grow out of it, but whenever I would sustain injury to the knee, it would worsen the condition. August '16 I fell and apparently that's when the knee gave out. Meeting with Dr. Argintar I felt extremely comfortable. His explanation of the knee replacement was great, answered all my questions, and even gave me his email address if any concerns arose
in springfield, va |
i feel extremely fortunate to have dr. argintar as my surgeon. i came to medstar as a victim of robbery. i had a terrible triad elbow fracture. i always had genuine care from him and his staff particularly his assistant, mende.
in Oxford, MD |
Dr. Argintar is the best orthopedist I have seen, and I've seen plenty. He completed a complicated knee grant on my quadriceps tendon after (1) a previous misdiagnosis of another doctor; after (2) a failed operation after another doctor; and (3) after yet another orthopedist thought he would not be able to have a good outcome for the surgery Dr. Argintar was able to do. He is available for calls and emails after surgery. We can always get an appointment. I highly recommend this doctor.
in Washington, DC |
I was very pleased with the professional medical care I received from Dr. Argintar for my knee surgery. He was very concerned about my progress for my knee. He was very patient with me when I had questions and concerns. I will highly recommend Dr. Argintar for Orthopedic surgery.
in Washington, DC |
Dr. Argintar is a leader in the game of orthopedic medicine. His bedside manners, knowledge, skills and abilities are unmatched compared to other doctors I have visited. Dr. Argintar always offered me many choices and informed me of all of the choices to allow me to make an educated decision about the health care I received. I would not look any further than Dr. Arginater in the future should I have a need for an orthopedic surgeon.
in Washington, DC |
My visit from the first time until now have been extremely positive. Dr. Argintar has the best beside manner of any doctor that I have ever been to. He has changed my life in so many ways that there arent words that could express my gratitude to him.
in Capitol Heights Maryland |
Good Morning; This kind and proffesional doctor changed my like for the betterment. I was taking pain medication for a year almost around the clock, before I had the total knee replacement. I simply love him more. And he told me I would have to work very hard and I have been doing this ever since. Thank you Dr. Argintar.
in Leesburg, VA |
Dr. Argintar was very professional and approachable at all times. He was efficient and courtious. He provided timely feed back and surgury schedule to shorten the time off from work.
in Hyattsville, MD |
Dr. Argintar was very clear in describing options and didn't press me into surgery. After my second visit I decided to get a complete hip replacement.
in Clinton, MD |
My experience before and after surgery was excellent, including his entire staff from day one. I have always said if you can't get past the receptionist then that's not the place for me. I just want to say thank you for your honesty, your personality, and showing that you care and for the hands that "god" gave you to perform my surgery. The National Rehab Hospital was super, from the nurses, the aides, housekeeping, and even the dietitians. I couldn't have ask for a better orthopedic doctor!
in Washington, D.C. |
Dr. Argubtar has the best staff. He explained the medical issues and made me feel very sattisfied with the future procedures of my medical condition. I would definelty recommend him to all of my freinds.
in Washington, DC |
Showed care and concern about my knee issue
in Washington, DC |
I can not say enough good things about Dr. Argintar. Going forward he will be the only Dr. I see whenever it possible. He went above and beyond to help me, and made everything easy for me to understand. I am a 29 year old Male who has been battling chronice knee pain for the past 5 years. Dr. Argintar was the first Dr. in 5 years who actually helped me make progress in getting my knees fixed. Thank you Dr. for everything you do. You will not regret seeing Dr. Argintar!
in Washington, DC |
He's very easy to talk to and a extremly great listener and he knows what he's doing. I'm so happy about my hip sugery that was done, the short time it took me to heal and know I'm walking in my heels again! I cant help but pass on the good news and reffer others to Dr. Argintar for Orthopidic surgerys!!
in Clear Brook VA |
Very talented...two total hip replacements in three months.....the absolute best.....should have done it sooner......five stars
in Chesa peake Beach, Md |
Easy to talk to Takes time to listen and answer I had a good outcome from my surgery
in Washington, DC |
Doctor argintar is a kind understanding doctor,whom tries all avenues before doing surgery . he has a great bedside manner and is very flexible .
in La Plata, MD |
Dr. Argintar is the BEST. I dislocated my knee, he repaired my MCL, replaced my ACL, LCL & PCL. I had a foot drop, displaced femur and fractured tibia and he took care of me!! I was told I would not walk for a year. In less than 45 days I was walking and without the floppy foot. I did not claim it. He called me personally to check on me, answered ALL of my questions, never showed me I was getting on his nerves and I would refer him to everyone. He is awesome!!
Have you seen Dr. Evan Argintar, MD?
Are you Dr. Argintar?