Dr. Eugene Giddens, MD

Dr. Eugene Giddens, MD

Neurosurgery  |

Dr. Eugene Giddens, MD is a neurosurgery doctor who practices in Myrtle Beach, SC. He is 60 years old and has been practicing for 28 years. Dr. Giddens is affiliated with McLeod Loris Hospital, Tidelands Georgetown Memorial Hospital and Grand Strand Health – Grand Strand Medical Center.

Learn about Dr. Giddens

Dr. Giddens' Experience

Dr. Giddens' experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Neurosurgery
  • Board certified in Neurosurgery

This content was provided by Dr. Giddens "We provide treatment options for brain and spine disorders using the latest in state of the art technology and minimally invasive procedures. Conditions treated include spinal disorders; lumbar and cervical stenosis, lumbar and cervical herniations, degenerative spine disease, osteoporosis, spine fractures, spinal tumors, spinal trauma. Other conditions treated include brain tumors, hydrocephalus, cerebrovascular disease, and cranial trauma."

• Neurosurgery

• Broken Neck
  • Cerebral Artery Thrombosis
  • Cerebral Hemorrhage
  • Cerebral Vascular Disease
  • Cerebrospinal Fluid Leak (CSF Leak)
  • Cerebrovascular Disease
  • Chiari's Deformity
  • Clavicle Fracture
  • Coccyx or Sacrum Fracture
  • Complications of Joint Prosthesis
  • Cranial Trauma
  • Ear Disorders
  • Epilepsy
  • Fracture of Hand (incl. Fingers)
  • Gout
  • Knee Fracture
  • Lumbar Spine Fracture
  • Lupus
  • Meningiomas
  • Neck Strain (incl. Whiplash Injury)
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Non-Unions and Malunions of Fractures

• Epidural Block, Facet Blocks
  • Herniated Disc Surgery
  • Kyphoplasty
  • Kyphoplasty, Percutaneous
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Neuroplasty
  • Stereotactic Radiosurgery
  • Stereotactic Radiosurgery, Spinal or Cranial
  • Stereotactic Surgery
  • Vascular Transcatheter Embolization

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for South Carolina.

• Clemson University
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 1979
  • Medical University of South Carolina
    Medical School | Graduated 1989
  • Medical University of South Carolina
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1989
  • Med University Sc College Of Med
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1995

Dr. Giddens has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Giddens does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Giddens and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Giddens' Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Giddens to family and friends
3.9
Dr. Giddens' Performance
in Tabor City, NC |
I am a disabled veteran, who has been fighting pain and discomfort for over 11 years. I originally injured my neck and back when I was on active duty, I have been seen by at least 5 other neurosurgeons, and every time VA or Health Choice was contacted, the situation would fall through. this time Dr. Giddens had no problem getting the approval needed. The condition in my neck was to The point I had numbness and lack of motion. The same day of surgery I had feeling and movement back immediately.
in Wilmington, NC |
I am a Us Army disabled Veteran and Dr. Giddens performed surgery on my lower back, which took place at the grand strand medical center in Myrtle Beach SC, the surgery went great and 3 weeks later I am recovering and walking slowly but with a lot of progress. Thanks Dr. Giddens and crew for your outstanding job.
in Georgetown, SC |
When I met Dr. Giddens he was very sympathetic toward my specific issue needing decompression surgery for numbness in my legs. He listened to what my concerns were and he was genuinely compassionate. I am very fortunate to have such an accomplished Neurosurgeon as Dr. Giddens.
in Martinsburg, WV |
Dr. Giddens expertise, professional care and kindness helped me to ecover well from my injury to date, September, 2017.
in Myrtle Beach S.C. |
Dr. Giddens took care of our daughter in an emergency situation and I can't say enough about the care she received and the way Dr. Giddens was always ready to answer questions and explain everything. His office staff is very easy to deal with and very caring. I would recommend him to everyone.
Myrtle Beach, SC |
Easy to reach people and schedule. He is very caring and follows your condition after surgery. The only problem is that he is so booked up!
in Conway SC |
I give Dr Giddens an A+.
in Myrtle Beach, SC |
I met Dr Giddens for a very serious issue with my spine. In my short period with him it was evident he is very true to his word. He looks you in the eye when he speaks to you. He tells you the truth. In my situation he could not help at this time and told me could do this or that but it would be worsening. So he is not about the money. He is about the individual. If it comes down to needing his service I will with out a doubt go to him. He is very well mannered and I trust him. My heart feeling.
in Murrells Inlet, SC |
Professional. Kind. Respectful. To the point. No BS. This is exactly the kind of surgeon I want operating on me. He's straight and to the point. I knew immediately that he was the doctor I wanted operating on my back. I will recommend him to anyone considering spine surgery on or near the grand strand of South Carolina.
in Spartanburg, SC |
Best Dr in the World when it comes to spinal surgery.
Thank you for the positive feedback! We appreciate the kind words.
in Calabash, NC |
I think Dr. Giddens is a very caring, reassuring and compassionate Doctor. I went through a very scarey situation and he always gave me words of encouragement.
We strive to provide the highest quality in patient care. Thank you so much for sharing these comments with us!
Myrtle Beach, SC |
I woke up from surgery pain free! The surgery Dr. Giddens performed on me is called ACDF with Fusion. Dr. Giddens is an incredibly gifted surgeon and loves what he does – improving his patient’s quality of life. He answered all of my questions and addressed my concerns. The morning of my surgery Dr. Giddens spent time with me and my family just talking, I highly recommend Dr. Giddens he is an amazing surgeon and a fine person.
in Myrtle Beach, SC |
Dr. Giddens was very thorough when explaining my neck injury to me. Great personality and staff is wonderful also. Allison and Gwendolyn at the front desk was very helpful in completing the forms necessary to see Dr. Giddens.
Thank you for the positive feedback! We appreciate the kind words.
I have been using Dr Giddens now for 2 surgeries and having had other surgeries I can tell you I am very satisfied with Dr Giddens and staff.
in Nashville, TN |
Dr Giddens is an absolute saint. He treated me in a very complex surgery that was life changing. His OR team is second to none. He has the ability to bring the patients life into his family keeping the concerns of not only the patient but the family as well. Absolute saints.
Thank you so much for taking the time to share these thoughts about Dr. Giddens and the OR team. We appreciate the kind words!
in Myrtle Beach, SC |
My wife and I both had major surgeries with Dr Giddens. My wife had a very large herniated disc repaired and I had my cervical fused in 3 places. We are both very very pleased with the results. I will need future surgery on my lower back and Dr Giddens will definitely doing it.
Hi Larry - Thank you for taking the time to leave this review of Dr. Giddens. We appreciate your feedback!
in Stockton, CA |
He was one of the most understanding drs I've ever had and he took the time.to really listen to me
Thank you so much for sharing these kind words about Dr. Giddens!
in Myrtle Beach, SC |
Dr. Giddens was awesome! While I was his patient he provided excellent care in a prompt and professional manner. He was quick to respond to my needs and provided wonderful follow up care. If I ever need services again I will definitely go back to him and I highly recommend him as well! Thank you Dr. Giddens!!! (If you ever see this!! ??)
Hi Lindsay - Thank you for leaving this positive review. We will be sure to pass along your kind words to Dr. Giddens!
Dr. Giddens came to the hospital 3 times in 2 days to check on me. He has been consistently helpful and kind, often going above and beyond to accommodate my family. His staff is always pleasant and helpful.
Thank you for the positive feedback about Dr. Giddens and his staff. We appreciate your kind words!
Sunset Beach NC |
He was reassuring and explained findings of exam in easily understood terms.
Myrtle Beach SC |
Amazing doctor. I suffered from back pain for years. Dr Giddens recommended surgery. Having the procedure was the best decision I have ever made. Dr Giddens gave me back my life!
Loris,SC |
Dr.Giddens is intelligent, compassionate, and interactive. He saved my life after a head on collision automobile accident. I thank God this man was on duty the night of my accident. A nurse told me later that Dr Giddens stayed at the hospital after my late night surgery to monitor my recovery. I highly recommend this wonderful doctor to anyone.
in Shallotte, NC |
I had back surgery the first of May. Have no idea what he did. I only saw him one time after my surgery and that was the morning after. Every time after that the PA saw me. When I went back for my follow-up I also saw the PA. They have yet to tell me what procedure or procedures they did. What I do know is that I have been in constant pain since the surgery. Pain is worse than it ever was before the surgery. I have no use for a doctor that has no interest in his patients after the fact!
Myrtle Beach, SC |
The most awful experience of my life, he has no sympathy or concern for his patients
Thank you for contacting us. We would like to address these concerns with you directly. Please call our administration at 843-449-2336 at your convenience to discuss this further. Thank you.
in Myrtle Beach |
Very patient and considerate. Felt like he was interested in me as an individual.
in Calabash, Nc |
We went to Dr. Giddens already prepared with info because we knew already the most serious issue that needed to be done first. Surgery went well. Aftercare was/is the big issue. He is in so much pain he is talking suicide because Dr. Giddens won't consider any further examinations to look at other parts and won't give painkillers either. My fiancé doesn't want to be stuck on pain meds. He wants help figuring out what is wrong but has been blown off by doctors disinterest.
Have you seen Dr. Eugene Giddens, MD?

Visit Dr. Giddens

Loris, SC 29569
Tidelands Georgetown Memorial Hospital
606 Black River Rd
Georgetown, SC 29440

More Neurosurgery Specialists like Dr. Giddens at Grand Strand Spine and Neuro Care

Neurosurgery Specialist