We provide treatment options for brain and spine disorders using the latest in state of the art technology and minimally invasive procedures. Conditions treated include spinal disorders; lumbar and cervical stenosis, lumbar and cervical herniations, degenerative spine disease, osteoporosis, spine fractures, spinal tumors, spinal trauma. Other conditions treated include brain tumors, hydrocephalus, cerebrovascular disease, and cranial trauma.Read more

Dr. Giddens' Experience

See how Dr. Giddens' experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Giddens

Dr. Giddens accepts 6 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 3 hospitals where Dr. Giddens has admitting privileges.

Dr. Giddens' Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Giddens to family and friends
3.4
Dr. Giddens' Performance
in Nashville, TN |
Dr Giddens is an absolute saint. He treated me in a very complex surgery that was life changing. His OR team is second to none. He has the ability to bring the patients life into his family keeping the concerns of not only the patient but the family as well. Absolute saints.
Thank you so much for taking the time to share these thoughts about Dr. Giddens and the OR team. We appreciate the kind words!
in Myrtle Beach, SC |
My wife and I both had major surgeries with Dr Giddens. My wife had a very large herniated disc repaired and I had my cervical fused in 3 places. We are both very very pleased with the results. I will need future surgery on my lower back and Dr Giddens will definitely doing it.
Hi Larry - Thank you for taking the time to leave this review of Dr. Giddens. We appreciate your feedback!
in Stockton, CA |
He was one of the most understanding drs I've ever had and he took the time.to really listen to me
Thank you so much for sharing these kind words about Dr. Giddens!
in Myrtle Beach, SC |
Dr. Giddens was awesome! While I was his patient he provided excellent care in a prompt and professional manner. He was quick to respond to my needs and provided wonderful follow up care. If I ever need services again I will definitely go back to him and I highly recommend him as well! Thank you Dr. Giddens!!! (If you ever see this!! ??)
Hi Lindsay - Thank you for leaving this positive review. We will be sure to pass along your kind words to Dr. Giddens!
After seeing several doctors and feeling confused and nervous about having them do a fusion, I was recommended by a friend to have a consultation with Dr. Giddens. After just speaking to him for five minutes I knew I wanted him to operate on me, he also explained everything in terms that i easily understood and I was not confused in any way. Unlike other doctors i consulted with that spoke to me using words I couldn't even pronounce let alone even understand. He and his staff were very friendly!
Thank you for the kind words about Dr. Giddens and our practice staff! We appreciate the kind words.
Dr. Giddens came to the hospital 3 times in 2 days to check on me. He has been consistently helpful and kind, often going above and beyond to accommodate my family. His staff is always pleasant and helpful.
Thank you for the positive feedback about Dr. Giddens and his staff. We appreciate your kind words!
Sunset Beach NC |
He was reassuring and explained findings of exam in easily understood terms.
Myrtle Beach SC |
Amazing doctor. I suffered from back pain for years. Dr Giddens recommended surgery. Having the procedure was the best decision I have ever made. Dr Giddens gave me back my life!
Loris,SC |
Dr.Giddens is intelligent, compassionate, and interactive. He saved my life after a head on collision automobile accident. I thank God this man was on duty the night of my accident. A nurse told me later that Dr Giddens stayed at the hospital after my late night surgery to monitor my recovery. I highly recommend this wonderful doctor to anyone.
in Shallotte, NC |
I had back surgery the first of May. Have no idea what he did. I only saw him one time after my surgery and that was the morning after. Every time after that the PA saw me. When I went back for my follow-up I also saw the PA. They have yet to tell me what procedure or procedures they did. What I do know is that I have been in constant pain since the surgery. Pain is worse than it ever was before the surgery. I have no use for a doctor that has no interest in his patients after the fact!
Myrtle Beach, SC |
The most awful experience of my life, he has no sympathy or concern for his patients
Thank you for contacting us. We would like to address these concerns with you directly. Please call our administration at 843-449-2336 at your convenience to discuss this further. Thank you.
in Myrtle Beach |
Very patient and considerate. Felt like he was interested in me as an individual.
in Calabash, Nc |
We went to Dr. Giddens already prepared with info because we knew already the most serious issue that needed to be done first. Surgery went well. Aftercare was/is the big issue. He is in so much pain he is talking suicide because Dr. Giddens won't consider any further examinations to look at other parts and won't give painkillers either. My fiancé doesn't want to be stuck on pain meds. He wants help figuring out what is wrong but has been blown off by doctors disinterest.
Have you seen Dr. Eugene Giddens, MD?

Compare Dr. Giddens

More Neurosurgery Specialists like Dr. Giddens at Grand Strand Spine & Neuro Care

Dr. Giddens' Care Philosophy

Dr. Giddens' experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Neurosurgery
  •  Board certified in Neurosurgery
  •  Malpractice claims in South Carolina not available

Dr. Giddens has no media or publications listed.

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for South Carolina.

Why It Matters: Dr. Giddens' Board Certifications

• Broken Neck
  • Cerebral Artery Thrombosis
  • Cerebral Hemorrhage
  • Cerebral Vascular Disease
  • Cerebrospinal Fluid Leak (CSF Leak)
  • Cerebrovascular Disease
  • Idiopathic Intracranial Hypertension
  • Internal Derangement of Knee
  • Knee Dislocation
  • Knee Sprain
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
  • Lumbar Spine Fracture
  • Lupus
  • Meningiomas
  • Muscular Dystrophy (MD)
  • Neck Strain (incl. Whiplash Injury)
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Nerve Sheath Tumors

Med University Sc College Of Med

Completed in 1995

Clemson University

Graduated in 1979

Dr. Giddens does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Giddens and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Neurosurgery

• Craniectomy, Craniotomy, Surgery of Skull Base, Neuroendoscopy
  • Disc Surgery
  • Dural Repair or Other Spinal Cord Repair
  • Epidural Block, Facet Blocks
  • Epidural Lysis of Adhesions (LOA)
  • Herniated Disc Surgery
  • Kyphoplasty
  • Kyphoplasty, Percutaneous
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Myofascial Trigger Point Injection