Dr. Ethan Karsen, MD

Dr. Ethan Karsen, MD

Psychiatry  ·
Dr. Ethan Karsen, MD is a psychiatry specialist in Lebanon, NH and has been practicing for 7 years. He graduated from UNIV OF IL COLL OF MED in 2011 and specializes in psychiatry.

1 Medical Center Dr

Lebanon, NH 03756

• HealthLink
  • Priority Health

Learn about Dr. Karsen

See how frequently Dr. Karsen performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Bipolar Disorder
Psychiatric Diseases

Dr. Karsen's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

• Psychiatry

Dr. Karsen does not have any board certifications listed.

• Electroconvulsive Therapy (ECT)
  • Psychiatric Evaluation
  • Psychotherapy and Psychophysiological Therapy (incl. Biofeedback)
  • Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation (TMS)

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for New Hampshire.

Medical School | Graduated 2011

Dr. Karsen has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Karsen has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Karsen does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Karsen and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Karsen's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Karsen to family and friends

Dr. Karsen's Performance

I just have had my first consultation with Dr. Karsen. He was interested and receptive to hear my story and showed lots of empathy to help solve my problem. For these reasons, I will continue my treatment with him.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option
I found working with Dr. Karsen to be very helpful. He is understanding and I appreciate his treatment style. He is a newer doctor but very perceptive and you can tell he cares about patients. I found over time the medication changes he made for me were very helpful as well as his more independent...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option
I literally NEVER visit therapists, but did at a point where things were messy and bad. I wanted to change meds and quit smoking. He barely got into a conversation with me about which meds I was on. He told me he would not change my meds, and that "Google" would be a good place to search ways to...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option
I would not recommend this doctor due to his inability to assert his own independence. He is too inexperienced to know what is right or wrong for drug therapy and had a hard time knowing the difference between certain drugs to recommend. I would not recommend him because he is a push over.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option
Dr. Karsen is new to psychiatry. I anticipate he will get better with time. He may work well for patients who do not need a lot of information. If you are highly invested in the ins and outs of treatment, you may prefer a more experienced psychiatrist. It seems to me, he was advised in residency to...more
Are you Dr. Karsen?