Dr. Ernesto Lao, MD

Dr. Ernesto Lao, MD

Family Medicine  |

Dr. Ernesto Lao, MD is a family medicine doctor who practices in Chesterfield, MI. He is 50 years old and has been practicing for 25 years. Dr. Lao is affiliated with Henry Ford Macomb Hospital.

Henry Ford Macomb Family Medicine

30795 23 Mile Rd Ste 205

Chesterfield, MI 48047

• AARP
  • Alliance Health Care
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan
  • HAP Insurance
  • Health Net
  • Mail Handlers Benefit Plan (MHBP)
  • Messa
  • MetLife

Learn about Dr. Lao

Dr. Lao's Experience

Dr. Lao's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Family Medicine

• High Cholesterol
  • Infectious Diseases
  • Injuries
  • Menopause
  • Menstrual Disorders (incl. Dysmenorrhea)
  • Ovarian Cysts
  • Pneumonia
  • Sexual Dysfunction
  • Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs)
  • Syphilis Infections

• Urinalysis
  • Vaccination
  • Well Baby Care
  • Wellness Examination

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Michigan.

• Far Eastern University / Dr Nicanor Reyes Medical Foundation Institute of Medicine
    Medical School | Graduated 1992
  • Inst Med Far Eastern U
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1993
  • N Oakland Med Ctrs
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1998

Dr. Lao has no media or publications listed.

• Tagalog

Dr. Lao does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Lao and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

Henry Ford Macomb Hospital

is a Recipient of a Healthgrades Excellence Award
Distinguished Hospital Award for Clinical Excellence

Hospital Quality Award

Dr. Lao is on the medical staff at our top-rated hospital.

View Awards

Dr. Lao's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Lao to family and friends
Dr. Lao's Performance
in New Baltimore, MI |
Dr. Lao listens well, explains thoroughly and advises accordingly. He shows genuine interest in my well-being and my life in general terms, to know me as a patient better, my environment, my stress factors, health and nutrition, etc.
in New Baltimore, MI |
Dr. Lao is by far the best physician I ever had. Very caring, personable and professional.
in Auburn Hills, MI |
Dr. Lao is such a great Dr., he is concerned about getting his patients well. He is personable and listens well. I am proud to call him my Dr. I would highly recommend Dr. Lao.
in New Baltimore, MI |
My husband and i are absolutely astounded by the knowledge of Dr. Lao. Whenever we need to see him, he is right on with his diagnosis. If he is unable to treat our problem, he is humble regarding it and sends us to the specialist. He is 99.9% right on. We have always appreciated his care, communication, and concern about us as a person. Wendy and Dennis Moran
in Chesterfield, MI |
Dr. Lao is a wonderful Doctor. He always makes sure if you understand his diagnoses and if you have any questions.
in New Baltimore, MI |
Dr.Lao is the best! He's a great doctor, and will take the time to listen to anything you need to talk about. He's very caring too.
in New Baltimore, MI |
My experience with Dr Lao has been a great one. He is always willing to listen to any medical problems or questions that I may have. He was willing to provide advice to keep my A1C down to a level that is acceptable to my condition. If I had any family in the area I would highly recommend Dr Lao to be their PCP. He is very friendly and courteous in his approach.
in Clinton Twp |
I have being going to Dr Lao for many years now and I think he is fantastic!! He always makes me feel comfortable. He is an excellent family Doctor!
in Macomb, MI |
Dr. Lao is vert precise and thorough. He is also very friendly.
in Clay Twp. MI |
I would definitely recommend Dr. Lao to anyone. I did so in the past, my son-in-law, who is a patient of his as well. I have been with Dr. Lao for 10 years and have always had top notch service, not only with him, but his staff as well. I have no desire the change my PCP due to the way his office is managed. Dr. Lao has always accommodated me when I have an urgent health issue that needs his immediate attention, he will always put me in his schedule the same day, despite being double booked.
in New Baltimore, MI |
the best family physician that we ever have
in Roseville, MI |
Dr. Lao is the most wonderful Physician I have ever been to. I struggled for years with other doctors who didn't seem to care about my health condition. Dr. Lao got me the right tests and in to see the right specialists and now my condition is under control.
in New Baltimore, MI |
I highly recommend Dr. Lao. Whenever I have a question or concern, he listens and has always been spot on with his diagnosis and/or advice. He and his staff are professional and friendly.
Dearborn, MI |
Dr. Lao is great I have sent many friends and family to him . Treats people so kind.
Marine City, MI |
Dr. Lao is a very patient and understanding doctor. He listens, and takes his time to explain and answer questions. He is interested in giving you the best care possible and does so in a friendly manner.
Bloomfield Hills, MI |
Dr. Lao is very thorough, kind and assuring. I was a new out of state client with a lot of issues and he took me in. I was told by another doctor in Florida I had Lupus and was being treated for it with Blood Transfusions . I went to Dr Loa to request to continue these treatments with him now that I had moved to Michigan and he told me he wanted to have a complete check up from head to toe to determine his own prognosis. He sent for my records in Florida and ordered tests. He received my blood
New Baltimore, MI |
Dr. Lao is always very professional. He takes the time with you to understand your needs. Always comes in with a hardy hand shake and smile.
in New Baltimore, MI |
I would definitely recommend Dr. Lao!! He is one of the best doctors I have had the privilege to meet! He took the time to explain everything to me, he also had time to listen to me and my concerns! he and his staff made me feel so comfortable I could not believe it! I was dreading seeing a male doctor but after meeting Dr. Lao I could not have asked for a more concerned thorough doctor! He never made me feel like he was in a rush!
in Clinton Township, MI |
Very attentive. Takes time to listen. Cares about your whole well being.
in New Baltimore, MI |
A person first, then a doctor that is knowledgeable, listens to you, calls you back, experienced beyond his scope of family practice. Cannot say enough good things about this doctor. So glad I found him!
New Baltimore, MI |
Yes I would he is great. I have been coming to him for years and so do my kids. He is an awesome man.
in Chesterfield, Mi |
Dr Lao always addresses my issues in a timely matter. He takes his time going over my situation. Highly recommended as a family physician
in New Baltimore, MI |
Dr Lao is ALWAYS very informative, helpful and friendly. He truly cares about my family's health. You can't teach compassion in med school; it comes from within. I would highly recommend Dr Lao! Marianne Oselett
Macomb, MI |
The best doctor I've ever been too! He is very smart and he knows what he's doing!
in New Baltimore, MI |
Dr. Lao is very thorough and honest with me. He is not a doctor who overreacts to my medical test results; but rather provides me with reasonable corrective actions that are monitored via follow-up appointments. It is hard to find a doctor these days who actually takes the time to listen to their patients and provide them with multiple options to resolve their medical issues in a sincere manner; Dr. Lao is one of the few! I highly recommend Dr. Lao as a primary medical provider.
in Sterling Heights, MI |
Dr. Lao has been my PCP for years and I wouldn't trade him for anything! I feel that he really cares about me and my health. The staff at Chesterfield Family Medicine are all very friendly. At my last visit the Medical Assistant, Aaron, was new to me, but very nice and polite in taking my medical information.
in Chesterfield, MI |
Myself and my 2 kids have been with Dr Lao for 1 1/2 yrs now and I must say, he far exceeds the typical care we've received from other PCP's in the past. He's caring, compassionate and very knowledgeable on the various issues we've presented to him. I've never felt rushed as I have with other doctors and from the moment he comes in the room, his focus is on us. I very much appreciate the care we've received from Dr Lao and his staff. We need more doctors like him.
in Chesterfield, MI |
Dr. Lao is very thorough and always takes time to discuss my questions and concerns.
New Baltimore, MI |
I have been seeing Dr. Lao for 10 years . During this time I have always been treat great. My physicals from Dr Lao are the most in depth I have ever received. From toe nails to hair on my head he checks it All. Best Dr. That I have ever seen!
in Fair haven mi |
Dr Lao has worked very hard to help my mom who has a difficult illness We r very grateful for all he has done for her
in New Baltimore, MI |
I absolutely love the office staff and Dr. Lao. They are all very courteous, friendly, and treat you like you are their one and only patient. Would recommend Dr. Lao to everyone.
in Shelby Township, MI |
Dr. Lao is very, very knowledgeable in many areas of medicine, and cares genuinely for his patients' health and welfare. But above that, he is kind as exhibited by his treatment of my late sister, Doreen, who had Down Syndrome. He spoke with her as he does any other patient without diminished mental capacity and she loved him. I have to travel some distance to his office, but I wouldn't think of changing to a doctor whose office is closer.
in New Baltimore, MI |
He is a great doctor! Never makes me feel rushed. I feel like I am being heard when I have a concern! The entire staff is very friendly and welcoming!
in Mount Clemens, MI |
Excellent physician. Seems to truly care about me as his patient and as an individual. Very thorough and takes the time to explain everything to me. My husband and I were referred to Dr. Lao by a young woman who is employed at Dr. Noorily's office in Clinton Twp. Her father is a patient of Dr. Lao and she is pleased with the care that he is receiving. Thank you for the opportunity to complete this survey.
in Imlay City, MI |
Dr.Lao is professional, makes you feel at ease, takes his time with you at the office visit. Lets you know about what exam is needed for wellness health care. I trust Dr. Lao with my health and medical care and would definitely recommend him to everyone. An excellent doctor!
Warren, MI |
Highly recommended. He is very thorough. He takes his time with his patients.
in New Baltimore, MI |
I went in on December 15, 2016 for a surgery clearance - Dr.Lao was awesome as always. I got sick on 12/7/16 with bronchitis. I had a relapse of it on 12/25/16, and was having surgery on 1/4/2017. Dr. Lao (knowing my past) called in a prescription for me - and I am better to have my surgery. I have been a patient of Dr. Lao's for over 10 years. I LOVE the service I get from Dr. Lao and his staff!
in Port Austin, MI |
I would like to take a minute to tell you about my experience with Dr. Lao. I'm 59 years old and have had chronic pain since I was 18. I've been to numerous doctors that could not diagnose the problem. One day the pain got so intense that my neighbor put me in a wheelchair and drove me to Henry Ford Urgent Care. It was there that I meet Dr. Lao. After just two visits he diagnosed my problem as gout. I haven't had a flare up in 10 years. Thank you Dr. Lao and Henry Ford Hospital
Farmington, MI |
Dr. Lao is very compassionate and his staff is courteous and helpful.
in New Baltimore, MI |
IAM 76 YEARS OLD PATIENT OF DR.LAO AT MY AGE I HAVE SEEN MANY DOCTORS THROUGH THE YEARS,THERE FOR WHEN I RECOMMEND SOME ONE ITS BASED ON PERSONAL EXPERIENCE. DR.LAO AND HIS STAFF ARE THE BEST!!!!!!!!!
in New Baltimore, MI |
Great physician. Understanding of all issues patients face.
in New Baltimore, MI48047 |
Dr Ernesto Lao is a kind and a gentel man he takes time with you explains your problem I have sent many of my friends and family to him I have been with Dr Lao for many years I will not think about changing doctors Dr Lao is a great doctor
in New Baltimore, MI |
Dr. Lao is a very nice, pleasant person to deal with. He is very caring in his actions
in clinton township mi |
Dr Lao is very caring, patient and has an enormous amount of integrity. He truly cares about his patients and takes the time to listen. He goes out of his way to ensure treatments take place and follows up with sincerity. When something medically is wrong, he is my go to doctor.
in New Baltimore, MI |
He is very caring. Great diagnostician. Great listener.
Troy, MI |
Dr. Lao is very caring and just very friendly person. Easy to talk to and will take care of you.
New Baltimore, MI |
I have been seeing Dr. Lao for over 10 years now. He is the best!
in Saint Clair Shores, MI |
Doctor Lao is so patient and listens to everything I have to say. The whole office can't be nicer. Always willing to help. Thank you Dr. Lao, Dennis Yamin
in Chesterfield, MI |
Dr Lao is very attentive when you visit. You can see and feel his concern when you talk to him. He looks you in the face and you know his concern is real. The times we've been to the ER or urgent care he calls personally to see what happened. One time I was in urgent care since there were no same day appts available and he saw me sitting there and had me come up to his office right away. All of the Anderson family feels this way. He knows my families names when I visit and he asks about them.
New Baltimore, MI |
Dr.Lao has been our family physician for years and he's done a phenomenal job. We would definitely recommend him to anyone. Very helpful and caring.
Have you seen Dr. Ernesto Lao, MD?
Are you Dr. Lao?

• Health Net
    Medicare Advantage PFFS
    Tricare
    Tricare
  • Mail Handlers Benefit Plan (MHBP)
  • Messa