Dr. Ernesto Lao, MD

Family Medicine | Male | 50 years old

Existing Patient Phone Number
Henry Ford Macomb Family Medicine
Distinguished Hospital Award for Clinical Excellence

Dr. Lao is on the medical staff at our top-rated hospital.

View Awards

Patient Testimonials

Dr. Lao specializes in Family Medicine and practices in Chesterfield, MI. He practices at 1 location.

Are you Dr. Lao? Add your own statement here.

Dr. Lao's Experience

See how Dr. Lao's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Lao

Dr. Lao accepts 19 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Lao has admitting privileges.

Dr. Lao's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Lao to family and friends
Experience with Dr. Lao
Dr. Lao's Office & Staff
    10 – 15 minutes (55)
in New Baltimore, MI |
Dr. Lao is very thorough and honest with me. He is not a doctor who overreacts to my medical test results; but rather provides me with reasonable corrective actions that are monitored via follow-up appointments. It is hard to find a doctor these days who actually takes the time to listen to their patients and provide them with multiple options to resolve their medical issues in a sincere manner; Dr. Lao is one of the few! I highly recommend Dr. Lao as a primary medical provider.
in Chesterfield, MI |
Myself and my 2 kids have been with Dr Lao for 1 1/2 yrs now and I must say, he far exceeds the typical care we've received from other PCP's in the past. He's caring, compassionate and very knowledgeable on the various issues we've presented to him. I've never felt rushed as I have with other doctors and from the moment he comes in the room, his focus is on us. I very much appreciate the care we've received from Dr Lao and his staff. We need more doctors like him.
in Chesterfield, MI |
Dr. Lao is very thorough and always takes time to discuss my questions and concerns.
New Baltimore, MI |
I have been seeing Dr. Lao for 10 years . During this time I have always been treat great. My physicals from Dr Lao are the most in depth I have ever received. From toe nails to hair on my head he checks it All. Best Dr. That I have ever seen!
in Fair haven mi |
Dr Lao has worked very hard to help my mom who has a difficult illness We r very grateful for all he has done for her
in New Baltimore, MI |
I absolutely love the office staff and Dr. Lao. They are all very courteous, friendly, and treat you like you are their one and only patient. Would recommend Dr. Lao to everyone.
in Shelby Township, MI |
Dr. Lao is very, very knowledgeable in many areas of medicine, and cares genuinely for his patients' health and welfare. But above that, he is kind as exhibited by his treatment of my late sister, Doreen, who had Down Syndrome. He spoke with her as he does any other patient without diminished mental capacity and she loved him. I have to travel some distance to his office, but I wouldn't think of changing to a doctor whose office is closer.
in New Baltimore, MI |
He is a great doctor! Never makes me feel rushed. I feel like I am being heard when I have a concern! The entire staff is very friendly and welcoming!
in Mount Clemens, MI |
Excellent physician. Seems to truly care about me as his patient and as an individual. Very thorough and takes the time to explain everything to me. My husband and I were referred to Dr. Lao by a young woman who is employed at Dr. Noorily's office in Clinton Twp. Her father is a patient of Dr. Lao and she is pleased with the care that he is receiving. Thank you for the opportunity to complete this survey.
in Imlay City, MI |
Dr.Lao is professional, makes you feel at ease, takes his time with you at the office visit. Lets you know about what exam is needed for wellness health care. I trust Dr. Lao with my health and medical care and would definitely recommend him to everyone. An excellent doctor!
Warren, MI |
Highly recommended. He is very thorough. He takes his time with his patients.
in New Baltimore, MI |
I went in on December 15, 2016 for a surgery clearance - Dr.Lao was awesome as always. I got sick on 12/7/16 with bronchitis. I had a relapse of it on 12/25/16, and was having surgery on 1/4/2017. Dr. Lao (knowing my past) called in a prescription for me - and I am better to have my surgery. I have been a patient of Dr. Lao's for over 10 years. I LOVE the service I get from Dr. Lao and his staff!
in Port Austin, MI |
I would like to take a minute to tell you about my experience with Dr. Lao. I'm 59 years old and have had chronic pain since I was 18. I've been to numerous doctors that could not diagnose the problem. One day the pain got so intense that my neighbor put me in a wheelchair and drove me to Henry Ford Urgent Care. It was there that I meet Dr. Lao. After just two visits he diagnosed my problem as gout. I haven't had a flare up in 10 years. Thank you Dr. Lao and Henry Ford Hospital
Farmington, MI |
Dr. Lao is very compassionate and his staff is courteous and helpful.
in New Baltimore, MI |
IAM 76 YEARS OLD PATIENT OF DR.LAO AT MY AGE I HAVE SEEN MANY DOCTORS THROUGH THE YEARS,THERE FOR WHEN I RECOMMEND SOME ONE ITS BASED ON PERSONAL EXPERIENCE. DR.LAO AND HIS STAFF ARE THE BEST!!!!!!!!!
in New Baltimore, MI |
Great physician. Understanding of all issues patients face.
in New Baltimore, MI48047 |
Dr Ernesto Lao is a kind and a gentel man he takes time with you explains your problem I have sent many of my friends and family to him I have been with Dr Lao for many years I will not think about changing doctors Dr Lao is a great doctor
in New Baltimore, MI |
Dr. Lao is a very nice, pleasant person to deal with. He is very caring in his actions
in clinton township mi |
Dr Lao is very caring, patient and has an enormous amount of integrity. He truly cares about his patients and takes the time to listen. He goes out of his way to ensure treatments take place and follows up with sincerity. When something medically is wrong, he is my go to doctor.
in New Baltimore, MI |
He is very caring. Great diagnostician. Great listener.
Troy, MI |
Dr. Lao is very caring and just very friendly person. Easy to talk to and will take care of you.
New Baltimore, MI |
I have been seeing Dr. Lao for over 10 years now. He is the best!
in Saint Clair Shores, MI |
Doctor Lao is so patient and listens to everything I have to say. The whole office can't be nicer. Always willing to help. Thank you Dr. Lao, Dennis Yamin
in Chesterfield, MI |
Dr Lao is very attentive when you visit. You can see and feel his concern when you talk to him. He looks you in the face and you know his concern is real. The times we've been to the ER or urgent care he calls personally to see what happened. One time I was in urgent care since there were no same day appts available and he saw me sitting there and had me come up to his office right away. All of the Anderson family feels this way. He knows my families names when I visit and he asks about them.
New Baltimore, MI |
Dr.Lao has been our family physician for years and he's done a phenomenal job. We would definitely recommend him to anyone. Very helpful and caring.
in New Baltimore, MI |
Dr. Lao and his staff were very business like, but in a helpful and friendly manner.
in Fraser |
Dr Lao is very genuine and truly cares about his patients. He will listen and take care of all your concerns. I feel like we are a team when it comes to my health and health concerns. Could not be happier with his care and office staff. I give him ten stars!!
in New Baltimore, MI |
Dr.Lao always has time to listen to what I have to say,and the most important is he is vey compassionate. A great doctor,glad I found him 9 years ago.
in New Baltimore, MI |
Excellence care provided by Dr. Lao and his entire staff. We have been seen by Dr. Lao for at least 10 years, and have been very satisfied with the quality of care received. We have a special needs daughter, and I couldnt ask for a more compassionate and accommodating primary care care doctor. He treats our daughter with respect, and always asks how she is doing in her life. He has the uncanny ability to look past her disabilities and treats her concerns with expert care.
in Macomb, Mi. |
Dr. Lao has been our family physician over 11 years. He has always treated us professionally and also ensured that his diagnosis was correct and the medicine prescribed was sufficient.
in Clinton Twp |
WE HAVE BEEN SEEING DR LAO FOR YEARS (11 -12) WE ARE VERY PLEASED WITH HIM FRIENDLY AND CARING
in Ypsilanti, MI |
Very caring and will go out of his way for his patients.
in Chesterfield MI |
Dr. Lao has been my doctor for quite a while. He's a great doctor & I completely trust his judgement when it comes to my health care. Whether it's a routine checkup, illness, or a chronic problem I know he has my best interests at heart. He's great. Love his staff.
in Shelby Twp, Mi |
Dr. Lao is professional and caring. My questions and concerns are always addressed and never ignored. There is nothing he won't do to assist his patients in living a healthy life.
in Chesterfield, MI |
Dr. Lao is easy to talk to and I can understand everything he says. He has been my doctor of choice for 10 years.
in Macomb, MI |
Dr. Lao is a very friendly doctor who doesn't make you feel like you are just another person that he needs to see that day. He is personable and takes time to listen to what is going on with you as well as explaining himself very well so that you can understand exactly what is going on and what he is recommending for you in the future. He expresses a genuine concern for you with each visit. I really don't know if I can say this about more than one other doctor that I have had experience with.
in Macomb, MI |
Dr. Lao spends quality time during visits and answers all of the questions. He is always so professional and caring. Once my children are too old for their pediatrician, Dr. Lao will be their family doctor.
Troy, MI |
Excellent Doctor! he explains everything and treated me with respect.
Have you seen Dr. Ernesto Lao, MD?
Are you Dr. Lao?

Compare Dr. Lao

More Family Practitioners like Dr. Lao at Henry Ford Macomb Family Medicine

Dr. Lao's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Family Medicine
  •  Board certified in Family Practice
  •  Malpractice claims in Michigan not available

Dr. Lao has no media or publications listed.

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Michigan.

Why It Matters: Dr. Lao's Board Certifications

• High Cholesterol
  • Infectious Diseases
  • Injuries
  • Menopause
  • Menstrual Disorders (incl. Dysmenorrhea)
  • Ovarian Cysts
  • Pneumonia
  • Sexual Dysfunction
  • Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs)
  • Syphilis Infections
  • Thrombosis
  • Urinary Disorders
  • Vaginal and Pelvic Prolapse
  • Yeast Infections

Far Eastern University / Dr Nicanor Reyes Medical Foundation Institute of Medicine

Graduated in 1992

Inst Med Far Eastern U

Completed in 1993

N Oakland Med Ctrs

Completed in 1998

• Tagalog

Dr. Lao does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Lao and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Gynecology