Dr. Ernest Cope, MD

Orthopedic Surgery | Male

Dr. Ernest Cope, MD
Dr. Ernest Cope, MD is an orthopedic surgery doctor who practices in Sellersville, PA. He is 55 years old and has been practicing for 30 years. Dr. Cope is affiliated with Saint Luke's Quakertown Hospital and Grand View Hospital.

Dr. Cope's Experience

See how Dr. Cope's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Cope

Dr. Cope accepts 19 insurance carriers

Dr. Cope is now accepting new patients

Check out the quality of care at the 2 hospitals where Dr. Cope has admitting privileges.

Dr. Cope's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Cope to family and friends
    4.0
    Dr. Cope's Performance
    in Telford, PA |
    Great doctor explained everything that he was going to do made me feel relaxed.
    in Telford, PA |
    He's a fantastic doctor. He kind and he's true to his word!
    Sellersville, PA |
    I enjoyed his bedside manner
    in Sellersville, PA |
    Really like the fact that he says a prayer before every surgery. Dr. Cope is a very nice doctor.
    Plymouth Meeting, PA |
    My one and only complaint is that it is very hard to get someone on the phone. When i do talk to anyone, they are super nice and pleasant.
    in Plymouth Meeting, PA |
    Dr. Cope was detailed and thorough in his explanation of the procedure required to repair a herniated disc in my neck. This was my first surgery, so i was a bit nervous. He helped to ease my concerns and proved to be the excellent surgeon i had heard that he was! My neck healed perfectly and I'm grateful to have had such a competent doctor to perform the surgery.
    in Souderton, PA |
    Yes cured me
    in Woxall, PA |
    Dr. Cope is extremely thorough. He spends a lot of time with his patients and explains everything fully. He is also a very personable and happy person!
    Plymouth Meeting, PA |
    I was recently seen by Dr. Cope for pain in my lower back. I was able to get an appt in a timely manner. During the evaluation he was very attentive and focused on my concerns. I was highly satisfied with my visit and would most defintely recommend him.
    in Lansdale PA |
    I would definitely recommend Dr. Cope to my family and friends he's kind and compassionate and he takes his time with his patients explaining all the details when I left his office I felt I understood everything and it's entirety.
    Quakertown, PA |
    He didn't tell me anything I didn't know already. He ordered no testing to find out. What a waste of time and money. He seemed too busy to spend time with me.
    in Sellersville, PA |
    Biggest mistake in my life was to entrust the repair of my quadriceps tendon to Dr. Cope. Due to an inadequate leg brace and walker provided, I fell the day after the surgery and once thereafter. The repair was not successful and had to be repeated 3 times over whole year. Then, massive infection set in and I was hospitalized for 19 days on I.V. antibiotics - I was in danger of losing not only the leg, but my life. I went to the Rothman Institute, they saved my leg, I limp, but can walk again.
    in Perkasie, PA |
    I had a pinched nerve causing considerable pain and dysfunction. My regular doctor sent me to the Upper Bucks Orthopedic group. Dr. Cope sent me to have steroid shots which helped temporarily. I then had lower back surgery to relieve pressure on my spinal column. Minimal pain, off hard drugs in 3 days; 3 weeks post-op - back to my old self. Dr. said I can bike again by mid January. Feel like I could bike right now.
    in Perkasie pa |
    Dr. Cope did what he said and he did a graat job
    in Sellersville, PA |
    Very unprofessional and rushed through my visit without satisfactory answers to my questions. My appointment was also changed without my knowledge until I showed up and was told my time has been changed to accommodate the dr. Once I was in the exam room I found him to be very rude and rushed. He even pulled the wrong records up and started asking me about tests ther he claimed were done, but were not. His attitude and unorganization will make me go elsewhere for the treatment that I need.
    in Perkasie,PA |
    He was very responsive and attentive.
    in Telford, PA |
    Dr cope took my knee issues seriously and was very efficient in finding and treating the problem. He is very understanding, answers all my questions and is thorough in explaining things to me. I have complete confidence in him.
    in Bradford |
    Dr. Cope is very professional, friendly and thorough. He has excellent "chair side" manner.
    in Hilltown, PA |
    It has been 6 months since my daughter broke her leg. Dr. Cope’s care for her was exceptional. From our first x-ray to the outpatient procedure we needed to schedule, Dr. Cope was kind, gentle and thorough. He took the time to review x-rays with us, to answer each of our questions and to make clear what we should expect before, during and after her bone was reset. His follow up care was equally outstanding. I would highly recommend Dr. Cope; he is a passionate, talented, caring physician.
    in Chalfont |
    When I ruptured my achilles tendon Dr. Cope was able to quickly diagnose and repair the injury. I have talked to people who feel they never got there full strength back from an achilles tear but my leg feels just as strong as before. Dr. Cope was personable, approachable, and laid out the recovery process so knew what to expect. I would highly recommend Dr. Cope.
    in Perkasie, PA |
    Dr. Cope was very thorough and took the time to talk with us. He did a good job diagnosing & fixing my daughters injury. Very happy with him as a doctor.
    in Schwenksville, PA |
    He was approachable, answered all of my questions, he was gentle.
    in Salford, PA |
    Dr. Cope is very caring and takes the time to explain everything.
    in Schwenksville, PA |
    Dr. Cope is unique in the way he comforted and calmed my wife and I by initiating prayer prior to surgery.
    in Schwenksville, PA |
    I had an absolutely wonderful experience with Dr. Cope!
    in Perkasie, PA |
    I saw Dr. Cope because I was experiencing the systems of carpal tunnel in my left wrist for years. He performed a carpal tunnel release surgery 10 days ago and It really feels great. The numbness I had and the waking every night with burning in the wrist has all gone away. Every thing Dr. Cope explained to me about the procedure was exactly how it turned out. I work a job where I use my hands all the time and my concern was how much I wouldn't be able to do, but I returned to work in no time.
    in Telford, PA |
    I like that he prays with his patients
    in Telford, PA |
    Dr. Cope couldn't understand why I had back/leg pain and shin/foot numbness based on my MRI results. He referred me to a Neurologist. I am going to a Neurosurgeon to get real advice and recommendations. This guy should be changing tires as he doesn't know his trade very well. DISAPPOINTING is an understatement!
    in Sellersville, PA |
    Forced me to seek life-saving care from R...man Institute. From personal experience and that of acquaintances, avoid this doctor at all costs. He was clearly not able to benefit from the advanced learning of a modern university hospital. Big difference.
    in Sellersville |
    I had a ruptured quadriceps tendon from slipping on ice, the situation has gone horribly wrong, I am now convinced that he had never had occasion to perform this repair previously. He operated on me 4 times and ultimately my leg became so infected I was hospitalized for 17 days on high power I.V. antibiotics. 16 months after the first surgery I still am disabled am unable to work, am still in intense physical therapy. I am unable to continue making my mortgage & tax payments, foreclosure next.
    Have you seen Dr. Ernest Cope, MD?
    Are you Dr. Cope?

Dr. Cope's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Orthopedic Surgery
    •  Board certified in Orthopedic Surgery
    •  Malpractice claims in Pennsylvania not available

Dr. Cope has no media or publications listed.

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Pennsylvania.

Why It Matters: Dr. Cope's Board Certifications

• Elbow Sprain
    • Femur Fracture
    • Foot Fracture
    • Foot Sprain
    • Fracture of Hand (incl. Fingers)
    • Gout
    • Hand Fracture
    • Hip Fracture
    • Hip Sprain
    • Internal Derangement of Knee
    • Knee Dislocation
    • Knee Fracture
    • Knee Sprain
    • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
    • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
    • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
    • Lumbar Spine Fracture
    • Medial Collateral Ligament (MCL) Sprain
    • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
    • Non-Unions and Malunions of Fractures

Fitzsimons Army Med Center

Completed in 1988

Fitzsimons Army Med Center

Completed in 1993

Dr. Cope does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Cope and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Arm Surgery
    • Knee and Leg Fracture and Dislocation Treatment
    • Knee and Lower Leg Fracture Treatment, Closed
    • Knee and Lower Leg Fracture Treatment, Open
    • Kyphoplasty, Percutaneous
    • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
    • Myofascial Trigger Point Injection