Dr. Ernest Chiu, MD

Dr. Ernest Chiu, MD

Plastic Surgery  |
Dr. Ernest Chiu, MD is a plastic surgery doctor who practices in New York, NY. He is 50 years old and has been practicing for 22 years.

240 E 38th St

New York, NY 10016

• Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield
  • HealthFirst

Learn about Dr. Chiu

See how frequently Dr. Chiu performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Breast Diseases
Hidradenitis
Dressing and-or Debridement of Wound, Infection, or Burn (incl. Negative Pressure Wound Therapy)

Dr. Chiu's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

• Plastic Surgery

• Facial Palsy
  • Gynecomastia
  • Hidradenitis
  • Localized Fat Deposits
  • Moles (Benign Skin Lesions)
  • Nasal Obstruction

• Lip, Excision or Resection
  • Liposuction
  • Microsurgical Procedure
  • Mohs Defect Reconstruction Surgery
  • Nose Plastic Surgery (Rhinoplasty)
  • Repair of Brow Ptosis and Blepharoptosis
  • Skin Excision for Hidradenitis
  • Skin Grafts
  • Skin and Tissue Reduction
  • Wound Repair

No malpractice history found for New York.

• University Of California At Berkeley
  • Meml Sloan Kettering Canc Ctr
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed
  • Nyu Langone Medical Center
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed

Dr. Chiu has no media or publications listed.

• Chinese, Cantonese
  • Chinese, Mandarin

Dr. Chiu does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Chiu and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Chiu's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Chiu to family and friends
Dr. Chiu's Performance
New York, NY |
Dr. Chiu literally gave my daughter her life back. She had a back fusion by another doctor, which was orthopedically successful, but her body started rejecting the stitches. She had an open wound for 2.5 months that would not close. Dr. Chiu took her back into the OR, cleaned out the reactive stitches, closed her back up, and it has been nothing short of a miracle. I can't recommend Dr. Chiu highly enough. So far, it has been a spectacular outcome.
in Stony Brook, NY |
I was suffering from debilitating occipital neuralgia for over two years. I met Doctor Chiu at NYU and he literally gave me my life back. On July 31 of 2017 he performed Occipital Nerve Decompression Surgery. The operation was nothing short of a miracle. I have been pain free since that day onward. I would highly recommend that anyone suffering from occipital nerve damage or pain make an appointment with Dr. Chiu. He is a fantastic surgeon and a great person.
It has been five months since my keloid removal and I am thoroughly pleased. Dr. Chiu is very knowledgable and patient . He explained my options for removing my keloids and ultimately we decided that surgery was the best course of action. I have lived with keloids for years and this was the first time that I really sought some type of help. I am glad I found Dr. Chiu. I highly recommend going to him for your keloid needs.
in New York, NY |
I recently lost 130lbs within a one year period. This necessitated abdominal skin reduction surgery. Dr. Chiu and his team were a pleasure to deal with from start to finish. They worked with my insurance company on my behalf. The surgical result was much better than I ever hoped. I always felt that Dr. Chiu had only my best interests at heart. He came highly recommended by Doctors and nurses that I know, I can fully understand why.
in New York, NY |
Unbelievably talented physician and caring compassionate human being. Performed a reconstructive procedure on my nose after Mohs surgery and it looks great after 2 months and will only get better over time. Takes his time with each patient, explains everything clearly and follows up after surgery. My experience could not have been better.
in Passaic, NJ |
Dr. Ernest Chiu has provided me with excellent care for treatment of a serious gaping MRSA foot wound for the past 6 months in the Hyperbaric and Advanced Wound Healing Center. He has always been professional with a pleasant, positive and upbeat demeanor. Thank you, Rabbi Yitzchak Weinberg, Passaic, NJ
in New York, NY |
He was very straightforward and made me completely confident in the procedure from the start. He was very knowledgeable answered all my questions before I could even ask them. Between him and his staff I ended up just being completely excited and ready for my breast reduction. The surgery itself was easy as I was very happily distracted before going under and then I woke up already armed with my aftercare instructions and medicines ready to go. I'm extremely happy with the results (HH->C)
in Bohemia, NY |
The expertise and professionalism of Dr Chiu is unsurpassed.
Have you seen Dr. Ernest Chiu, MD?
Are you Dr. Chiu?