Dr. Erin Long, MD

Dr. Erin Long, MD

Dermatology  |
Dr. Erin Long, MD is a dermatology doctor who practices in Sarasota, FL. She is 43 years old and has been practicing for 16 years.

3333 Cattlemen Rd Ste 106

Sarasota, FL 34232

• AvMed
  • Beech Street (Multiplan)
  • Evolutions Healthcare Systems
  • HealthSmart - Interplan Health Group
  • PHCS

Learn about Dr. Long

See how frequently Dr. Long performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Actinic Keratosis
Excision of Skin Lesion
Skin Discoloration

Dr. Long's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

This content was provided by Dr. Long "Intercoastal Medical Group is committed to providing the highest quality care possible by offering superior healthcare to patients no matter their medical need."

• Dermatology

• Keloid Scar
  • Leg and Foot Ulcers
  • Lichen Planus
  • Melanoma
  • Moles (Benign Skin Lesions)
  • Psoriasis

• St Marys Hospital
    Internship Hospital | Completed 2002
  • University Of North Carolina
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2005

Dr. Long has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Long does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Long and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Long's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Long to family and friends
3.0
Dr. Long's Performance
in Bradenton, FL |
I have been seeing Dr. Long for multiple years since moving to FL. She diagnosed a hair problem that was missed by my dermatologist in MI and it is now under control and while her body exams are fast, she has not missed issues requiring MOHS surgery. In regard to office appointments there is a 10 minute grace period with the expectation that both patient and doctor will be punctual. I feel confident that she is very knowledgeable in her area and would be happy to recommend her.
Venice, FL |
I felt rushed through my full body exam. I have been having exams for over 20 years and am looking for a dermatologist in Sarasota now that I am here full time. When asked for suggestions on cleansers and sunscreen, she told me everyone reacts differently to products and didn't even make suggestions of brands. I left wondering if it was ME expecting too much, then I read other reviews that were the same. She spent less than 6 minutes in the room for a full body exam and first patient visit! SAD!
Sarasota, FL |
A Monster is the best way to describe her. My wife was 2 minutes late for an appointment to an office that was running late (usual at a doctor's office) and Long turned her away, all while knowing we have a new baby. What type of horrible person would make life hard on a new mother ? We will never go to her again, she is an absolutely awful human being, who clearly never had children. Long is a disgrace to the medical profession.
Sarasota, FL |
My husband saw Dr. Long a year ago and was not impressed with her bedside manor. However, she is one of the few dermatologist in the Intercoastal Group so I made an appointment with her. The first appointment - her office called to reschedule me because she was traveling. My next appointment I was 4 minutes late (I have a 4-month old baby girl at home). After 45 minutes traveling to the appointment, Dr. Long turned me away for being 4 MINUTES LATE! I will be asking for a different referral.
Venice, FL |
I was less than impressed with Dr. Long - she appeared as if she was on a mission to get in and out of the exam room as fast as she could. There for a baseline skin assessment of which she must have spent a whole two minutes looking over my body. Didn't ask about sunscreen...... maybe I expect to much, however I was hoping for a little more discussion and exam.
in Osprey, FL |
I found Dr. Long to be extremely professional and personable. I greatly appreciated her conservative approach to my issue. Her office is very efficient and Dr. Long is very punctual, a lovely bonus. After becoming a patient, obtaining an appointment is very easy
Sarasota |
I have never had a body screening that lasted less than sixty seconds. I feel l need a second opinion and I practically paid to shake her hand. I guess she must have a large student loan to pay back!
in Nokomis, FL |
I'm a fairly new patient in the Intercoastal Group. Until today, I've been impressed by each MD and experience. My full-body screening (1st in my life) took under 5 minutes! Not what other people told me to expect and strange with my MANY freckles, moles, etc. She took NO time to get to know me. Her bedside manner was rushed, stand-offish and instilled no confidence.I told her I thought I might have rosacea. She immediately offered me a RX with an e-pharm. I won't return or have the RX filled.
in Sarasota, FL |
Dr. Long is personable, confident and extremely knowledgeable in her area of expertise. I would not hesitate to recommend her based on my experience with her. Her staff is polite and efficient. My wife and I had moved to Florida from Connecticut within the past year and needed to find a competent dermatologist. We were fortunate to find Dr. Long.
Have you seen Dr. Erin Long, MD?
Are you Dr. Long?

Visit Dr. Long

Dr. Long accepts 10 insurance carriers
  • AvMed
  • Beech Street (Multiplan)
    Great West Healthcare-Cigna