Dr. Erin Cummins, MD

Dr. Erin Cummins, MD

General Surgery  ·
Female  ·

Dr. Erin Cummins, MD is a general surgery specialist in Jackson, MS and has been practicing for 15 years. She specializes in general surgery and bariatric medicine.Read her story

Central Surgical Associates

1190 N State St Ste 502

Jackson, MS 39202

• Accepts most major Health Plans. Please contact our office for details.

Learn about Dr. Cummins

Video

See how frequently Dr. Cummins performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Excision of Breast Tumor
Mastectomy
Ventral Hernia

Dr. Cummins's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

Dr. Cummins' bio

This content was provided by Dr. Cummins "Dr. Erin R. Cummins is a Fellow of The American College of Surgeons. She is board certified with The American Board of Surgery. She completed Medical School and her Residency at The University of Mississippi School of Medicine in Jackson, Mississippi. "

This content was provided by Dr. Cummins ""A few important experiences early in my life inspired me to become a physician, including seeing our family doctor literally save the life of a young girl, before my eyes. I knew that I would work hard to become the best physician I could be. In medical school, I realized that surgery is the perfect way for me to help others. I enjoy helping others and saving lives. I strive to live by the Golden Rule.  I will treat you as I would like to be treated and also the way I would want my own family to be cared for, on a personal level and in terms of the surgical treatment I provide.  I consider it a real honor to help you in this way and to make a positive difference in your life.""

• General Surgery
  • Bariatric Medicine

• General Surgery
    Accredited by: American Board of Surgery*

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Mississippi.

• Delta State Univertsity
  • University Of Ms School Of Med
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2003
  • Masters-Delta State University
    Other Education | Completed 1994

Dr. Cummins has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Cummins does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Cummins and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Cummins' Reviews

4.0
Likelihood of recommending Dr. Cummins to family and friends

Dr. Cummins' Performance

Dr. Cummins is extremely compassionate and really care for her patients. When everyone else wouldn't listen she never gave up. For my mother-in-law Dr. Cummins found the issue, performed a heck of a surgery AND made sure the hospital kept her until the rehab facility was ready to take her. She did...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option0thumbs down icon option0
Dr. Cummings is very professional, she explains things well, and she is understanding of your needs and issues. I felt very secure and well taken care of with Dr. Cummings. The entire staff is professional and kind. I have nothing but praises for Dr. Cummings and her Staff.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option1thumbs down icon option0
She has no bedside manner. She came into my sisters room to dress her wound and began with no bandages. She was clearly irritated by some text messages on her phone. She handled my sisters wounds without care to pain she was causing. She put medicine that she could not have due to hyperbaric...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option0thumbs down icon option4
Dr. Cummins is an excellent doctor. Speaking as an older (mature) patient, her thoroughness in the details of my health set me at ease. Her reputation as the best was repeated over and over to me during any discussion when the subject of my pending surgery was topic of conversation among new...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option2thumbs down icon option0
Dr. Cummins worked me in and handled my in office surgical procedure that day. She was very kind and explained everything to me. She really took a lot of time with me and I appreciated that.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option3thumbs down icon option0
Are you Dr. Cummins?

More General Surgery Specialists like Dr. Cummins at Central Surgical Associates