Dr. Erin Akar, MD

General Medical Practice | Female

Sonoma Valley Comm Hlth Ctr 19270 Highway 12 Sonoma, CA 95476 Get Directions
Dr. Erin Akar, MD
Dr. Erin Akar, MD is a general medical practice doctor who practices in Sonoma, CA. She is 33 years old and has been practicing for 6 years.

Dr. Akar's Experience

See how Dr. Akar's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Akar

Dr. Akar is now accepting new patients
SVCHC19270 Highway 12
Sonoma, CA 95476
Saturday
(707) 939-6070Get Directions

Dr. Akar's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Akar to family and friends
1.3
Dr. Akar Says:

Thank you for taking the time to fill out a patient survey. Your feedback is valued. If you had a positive experience, spread the word! If you did not, contact either myself or staff as we are committed to providing you the best care.

Dr. Akar's Performance
    FAIR
    GOOD
    FAIR
in Sonoma CA |
To her credit, she is the only 1/2 decent PhD at this office. I've been a patient at UCSF and Stanford all my life, and Sonoma Community Ian the WORST care I have ever received in my life. 1) SEVERAL Diagnosis on my medical record entered incorrect. 2) Reffereals made incorrectly to MRI and Neuro, Dr. Akar ordered nerve studies for my arm, when my problem is in my right leg from Femoral Nerve damage from Lumbar 1-4 fractures. That was the last straw, she refused to call me after several msgs.
in Sonoma, CA |
I wrote a review in 2016, which I removed, because the review was to stellar & positively biased on my part, because Dr. Akar, saved my life. This review is far more accurate. Dr. Akar, is awesome & she is very mindful. She did her job going through the list of possible diagnosis concerning my complaints dovetailed w/ blood work & CT scans she had ordered. Had she not been persistent w/me, I would be dead by now, as I have a serious lung illness that went undetected by a previous Dr. @ the SVCHC
in Sonoma, CA |
My first encounter with Dr. Akar was positive. When I expressed concerns re my condition and she blatantly ignored me on a continuous basis. She is apathetic, arrogant, and potentially dangerous to patients. She gave one diagnosis and then gave a different one, with no accountability. Her reports were OPPOSITE of my status. Her "care" has adversely affected my health and my quality of life. She couldn't care less. Trust me on this. Newly diabetic-type 1 or type 2?! Severe neuropathy or is it?
in Napa, CA |
Poor dialogue with patients,doesn't listen to patients because she's a know it al Doctor. Makes mistakes reporting your condition in Medical reports and practices as a general practitioner in Sonoma. Very poor Doctor due to inexperience or arrogance or both, recommend caution.
Have you seen Dr. Erin Akar, MD?
Are you Dr. Akar?

Compare Dr. Akar

Dr. Akar says...

Dr. Akar's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in General Medical Practice
  •  No board certification on record with Healthgrades

No malpractice history found for California.

• Bladder Cancer
  • Bladder Stones
  • Blood in Urine (Hematuria)
  • Chronic Kidney Diseases
  • Enlarged Prostate (BPH)
  • Hydronephrosis
  • Kidney Disease
  • Kidney Stones
  • Painful Urination (Dysuria)
  • Prostate Cancer
  • Urinary Disorders
  • Urinary Incontinence
  • Urinary Stones
  • Urinary Tract Infection (UTI)

DREXEL UNIV COLL OF MED

Graduated in 2011

Ohio State University

Completed in 2012

Ohio State University

Completed in 2014

Dr. Akar does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Akar and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• General Medical Practice

Dr. Akar does not have any procedures listed. If you are Dr. Akar and would like to add procedures you perform, please update your free profile.