Dr. Erika Blanton, MD

Practices Obstetrics & Gynecology

On a scale of 1 and 5 this provider is rated 4.5 after 79 reviews.
Author:
Very short time in waiting room and professional exam by Doctor Blantan which followed a discussion of my exam in her office. Always a pleasant yearly visit as usual.
Author:
Dr Blanton is a very knowledgeable doctor. She is also very understanding and compassionate. I was having a condition that I went to 7 doctors and no one could tell me what was wrong. I had a friend recommend me to Dr. Blanton and the first time I met her I broke down crying. She diagnosed my burning vulva pain as vulvodynia and gave me medication and I have been doing fine since then. I would defiantly recommend her. Her staff is also great and caring.
Author:
Dr. Blanton is always very warm and friendly and listens to what you have to say. Another thing I like about her is that she is very open and supportive of my decisions to choose some holistic methods of healthcare (like bio-identical hormone replacement therapy)
Author:
I have been Doctor Blanton's patient for many years, since my daughter was a baby and now is 20 years old. On my last visit, which was this week, she was professional and compassionate as always. I appreciate her taking time to listen and care for me. Her attention and care for the patient is unmeasurable. She asks personal questions to understand patient's way of living better in order to give appropriate advice. I have nothing but great admiration for doctor Blanton.
Visit was pleasant!
Author:
I have been and still recommend Dr. Erika Blanton. This year marks 45 years I have been seeing Dr. Blanton so I believe that speaks for itself. She has always been professional and courteous and takes the time to answer any questions or concerns that I may have. I have complete trust and faith in Dr. Blanton.
Author:
I have been a patient of Dr. Blanton's ever since I was referred to her for a second opinion. Through all the many years and healthy as well as not as healthy times in my life, she has been an exceptional physician and advisor. Dr. Blanton has a genuine interest in , and care for, her patients and I have recommended her to many friends and colleagues who have come to feel the same way.
Author:
I have been a patient of Dr Blanton for many years, and have valued my relationship with her practice as I have transitioned thru various phases of my life. I have found her sound advice both supportive and caring.
Author:
Dr. Blanton delivered my children (ages 38 and 35) and I would have a difficult time going to anyone else. She takes the time to listen and is always pleasant and caring. She makes you feel that you are as important to her as she is to you. I have never felt rushed!
Author:
Dr. Blanton has always been very informative about anything concerning my overall health in addition to my health concerning gynecological issues.
Author:
I have been seeing Dr.Blanton for over 40 years. She is always very professional and cordial. If test results show something that needs to be discussed, she calls me personally and promptly.
Author:
Dr Blanton is very knowledgeable and she has awesome bedside manners.
Author:
I have been going to Dr. Blanton for many years. She is truly the best! I am so happy she is my Doctor, I have total confidence in her. Dr. Blanton takes the time at every appointment to sit down and talk to her patients about the visit, and answers any and all questions.
Author:
I have been a patient for 25 years and have a lot of respect for Dr. Blanton and her staff. She is straightforward and professional.
Author:
Dr. Blanton and her staff are truly concerned about your comfort and care. Dr. Blanton takes time to listen to you and your issues and then explain her findings.
Author:
I found Dr. Blanton to be a caring and professional doctor. She takes time to answer my questions and to make needed referrals to monitor my health.
Author:
Dr. Blanton is a wonderful and caring physician. She provides a comprehensive exam and takes ample time to listen and answer any questions. I don't feel rushed. I would highly recommend her. She has a high level of skill and expertise.
Author:
Dr. Blanton is an engaged, thorough and compassionate physician.
Author:
Dr. Blanton is the consummate professional. She is kind, caring, and compassionate. She is highly competent and I extend my highest recommendation in her favor.
Author:
I had an excellent experience during my visit with Dr. Blanton. I was most impressed and grateful by the amount of time she spent discussing a health topic that was of concern to me.
Author:
Dr Blanton is an excellent doctor. She has great medical expertise who treats her patients with kindness. She always takes the time to listen. I would highly recommend her!
Author:
I have been coming to Dr. Blanton since I was nineteen years old , now 62. I feel that speaks for itself. She delivered my daughter in 1975 and I am so thankful, I love this doctor. You will be so happy with her, not only the greatest doctor ever but her mannerism is awesome. The best!
Author:
Dr. Blanton's approach with her patients is both professional and caring. She takes the time to listen to the patient and give clear, understandable answers. She puts patient care first and you feel like you have a competent friend guiding you through the health care experience. What makes having her as your GYN/OB such a great experience is the fact that she stays knowledgeable of current and cutting edge medical trends. Love having her as my doctor.
Author:
I have been a patient of Dr. Blanton's for years. I had been to other OB/GYN physicians in the past but none compare to her. She is absolutely the best in her field and I trust her with my life. She always makes me feel extremely comfortable during my exam and then invites me to her office to review my medical history, current medications, and to answer any questions I might have. She always takes time for me and i never feel rushed. Her entire staff is also very warm and welcoming.
Author:
Having been a patient of Dr. Blanton's for 40+ years......that alone speaks for itself!!. Dr. Blanton and her staff are great!! I hope to be her patient for years to come!!
Author:
Doctor Blanton is excellent. She is caring and professional. She goes the extra mile for her patients. I recommend her highly. Nancy Mattox
Author:
I was referred to her by a friend. I have recommended several of women which are her patients.
Author:
An OB/GYN is the most personal doctor/patient relationship. Dr. Blanton is kind, caring, informative, compassionate. She listens and HEARS your concerns as a patient and addresses each one. You never feel rushed. She follows up personally. Extraordinary care. Nurses, Lab, Admin staff are delightful. I’ve never waited more than a few minutes. I HAVE recommended her to all the women in my life, especially those of a “certain age”.....
Author:
Caring, listens to you, makes you feel that you matter!
Author:
I have seen Dr. Blanton since my arrival in Richmond in 1992. She has provided excellent care and helped my husband and I welcome our twins in 2005. I highly recommend her and her excellent staff.
Author:
I’ve started seeing Dr. Blanton when my previous Dr. retired. Her staff is friendly and respond to my needs in a timely manner. There are other doctors closer to me but Dr. Blanton is well worth my drive. I feel i gained a friend as well as a provider.
Author:
Dr. Blanton has been my doctor for almost 30 years. I've never had anything but positive thoughts about her and the care she's given to me.
Author:
Dr. Blanton has been my doctor for over 30 years. She is extremely competent and professional. When making decisions about my health, she is very good at explaining the various options that I have. I have complete confidence in her.
Author:
Dr. Erika Blanton is the best doctor I have ever had. She has been my doctor for many years. She diagnoses whatever my issues are correctly when other doctors fail. She spends the time to explain things and to ensure I understand everything that is occurring. She cares about my health, and I would not give her up even if someone were to pay me to do so. She is an extraordinarily outstanding doctor.
Author:
Very pleased with Dr. Blanton Always makes me feel at ease and am good hands she seems sincerely concerned about my overall health and gives me advice when needed
Author:
I can't say enough great things about Dr. Blanton and her staff. After moving east I struggled to find a GYN that would manage my HRT... I do compounded hormones. Not only is Dr. Blanton the PIONEER of natural HRT, but she is a wonderful physician. She takes her time to talk to you (in her personal office) and find out what issues you are having. And her nurse Brany is AWESOME!! Highly recommend Dr. Blanton and staff!
Author:
I would recommend Dr. Blanton to anyone...She has been my gynecologist for many years. She is thorough and professional.
Author:
Dr Blanton has been my obgyn for many years. I like her very much because she is efficient and caring and always takes time to listen to issues or questions. Her staff is always helpful during my visits and also when calling into the office. I hope that Dr Blanton continues to practice for many years to come.
Author:
Incredibly trustworthy, knowledgeable and professional. I trust her implicitly.
Author:
Dr. Blanton is wonderful and I do recommend her wholeheartedly. I went to this practice because my previous gynecologist was really not addressing my health problems. Dr. Blanton explained all of my options and made her professional recommendation, which I followed. Fortunately I was able to choose a minimally invasive procedure and it has been smooth sailing for two years. The office staff are very courteous and professional. I really cannot say enough good things about this practice.
Author:
I have been a patient of Dr. Blantons for approximately 25 years. She delivered my daughter 19 years ago and she also delivered my nephew 32 years ago and my niece 24 years ago. She is the only gynecologists I have seen. She is a great physician and a caring person. I don't look forward to the day that she retires. She was very supported of me when I was going through breast cancer 6 years ago. I have been very fortunate to have her as my doctor for the past 25 years.
Author:
I've been seeing Dr. Blanton for many years. She is caring, patient, and takes the time to answer questions/concerns. Her staff is always pleasant and even though she has many patients, the entire staff will make you feel as if you are their number one priority no matter how busy they are. I highly recommend Dr. Blanton!
Author:
There is no other like Dr Blanton. She is thorough, knowledgeable and a joy to talk with on a personal level. Nothing but class. I will sorely miss her if she ever decides to retire.
Author:
Dr Blanton is so warm, caring and concerned. Most of all, her years of experience have molded her into a phenomenal health care provider. She takes time to talk with me and answers all my questions thoroughly. She gives great advice. A friend recommended her to me and I will continue to drive an hour and a half for such great care. Also her staff are friendly and very professional. Her nurse, Lynette, was especially kind and caring.
Author:
Dr. Erika Blanton is a wonderful, caring, patient and gifted doctor. She puts the welfare of her patients in the forefront and she is always up to date on changes in the medical field as it relates to women. She has been my OBGYN doctor for more than 15 years and I rave about her all the time. She takes time with you in her office to uncover any issue you may be having or to talk to you about your overall health. You won't go wrong if you become one of her patients.
Thank you for the positive feedback! We appreciate the kind words.
Author:
Dr. Blanton is the best Dr. in the world. Her knowledge and expertise far surpass any Dr. I have ever met. In 2007 Dr. Blanton identified and took action to correct a medical issue that would have ended my life. PFor 2 years prior to that time no Dr. was able to identify the issue. She literally saved my life. I have been her patient for over 15 years and highly recommend Dr. Blanton to all women who want the best womens care available.
Author:
Very straightforward and easy to talk to.
Author:
Dr. Blanton is my mothers doctor and she delivered me. She is a wonderful doctor, very knowledgeable and easy to talk to.
Author:
I did not mind waiting because there had been an emergency that she needed to which she needed to attend. However, I happened to be able to calculate the time from entering the exam room to being dressed and in the elevator leaving because of texting. 9 minutes. Clearly, this is not an appropriate amount of time to attend to my general health and welfare.
We are sorry to hear this and truly value your feedback. Patient experience is important to us at OBGYN Specialists of Richmond, so we will make every effort to address any concerns you may have. Your comments have been shared with, Laura Morello, Practice Manager. If you would like to speak with someone about this experience, please call Mrs. Morello at 804-673-8791.
Author:
I was referred by my pediatrician at the age of 15 to her because I was having my first female issues. I stayed under her care until my late 20's due to my insurance not under her plan. I was devastated! I wasn't able to find another obgyn as good and caring as her. Fortunately, a few years later I changed jobs and so did my insurance. I was able to get back in her care. She has such a special connection she makes that shows that she truly cares about your health as well as you a person.