Dr. Erik Zeegen, MD

Dr. Erik Zeegen, MD

Orthopedic Surgery  |

A native of Southern California, Dr. Zeegen attended the University of California at Berkeley and at Los Angeles as an undergraduate. Dr. Zeegen earned his Doctor of Medicine from UCLA in 1996. He also completed his general surgery internship and orthopaedic surgery residency at UCLA. Dr. Zeegen moved to Boston in 2001 to accept a fellowship in Orthopaedic Surgical Oncology at Massachusetts General Hospital and Boston Children's Hospital. He then accepted a fellowship in Adult Reconstructive Surgery at Boston's New England Baptist Hospital from 2002-2003 before returning to Los Angeles in late 2003. Dr. Zeegen is a member of the American Association of Hip and Knee Surgeons, the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons, the California Orthopaedic Association and the American Medical Association. He has authored many academic papers and textbook chapters and has presented lectures at national and international meetings on the topic of hip and knee replacement surgery. Dr. Zeegen is also an Assistant Clinical Professor of Orthopaedic Surgery in the Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, UCLA School of Medicine.

Valley Hip & Knee Institute

• Health Net
  • Medical Mutual of Ohio
  • Molina Healthcare

Learn about Dr. Zeegen

As a leading Los Angeles joint replacement surgeon, Dr. Erik Zeegen has transformed the lives of many using the latest techniques in hip and knee replacement surgery. By using the most advanced techniques, including: the direct anterior approach for hip replacement surgery, less invasive knee replacement surgery, and partial knee replacement surgery, patients experience a rapid recovery and are able to quickly return to a healthy, active lifestyle. Dr. Zeegen also specializes in the complex surgical treatment of revising joint replacements that have failed.

Joint replacement surgery with Dr. Zeegen often offers a new lease on life for those who require hip or knee replacement surgery. Los Angeles, Ca. Hip and Knee surgeon Dr. Zeegen is known for his meticulous attention to detail and caring, compassionate demeanor. He is a doctor you can trust, takes the time to listen to your needs and deliver

Video

Dr. Zeegen's Experience

Dr. Zeegen's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Orthopedic Surgery
  • Board certified in Orthopedic Surgery

• Joint Replacement & Reconstruction Orthopedics

Accredited by: American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery*

• Baker’s Cyst
  • Bone Cancer
  • Chondrocalcinosis
  • Complications of Joint Prosthesis
  • Enthesopathy of Knee (incl. Bursitis of Knee)
  • Femur Fracture
  • Internal Derangement of Knee
  • Knee Dislocation
  • Knee Fracture
  • Knee Sprain
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
  • Osteoarthritis of Hip and Thigh

• Knee and Leg Fracture and Dislocation Treatment
  • Knee and Lower Leg Fracture Treatment, Closed
  • Knee and Lower Leg Fracture Treatment, Open
  • Viscosupplementation With Hyaluronate

No malpractice history found for California.

• UCLA
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 1992
  • David Geffen School Of Medicine At UCLA, University Of California, Los Angeles
    Medical School | Graduated 1996
  • UCLA Medical Center-General Surgery
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1997
  • UCLA Medical Center/UCLA D Geffen School-Orthopedic Surgery
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2001
  • Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard Medical School-Orthopaedic Surgical Oncology
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2002
  • New England Baptist Hospital-Joint Replacement Surgery
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2003

Dr. Zeegen has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Zeegen does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Zeegen and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

West Hills Hospital & Medical Center

is a Healthgrades Top-Rated Hospital

2015 Five Star Recipient for Hip Fracture Treatment

View Ratings

Dr. Zeegen's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Zeegen to family and friends
Dr. Zeegen's Performance
Dr. Zeegen is an excellent doctor with an excellent staff. It has been a privilege to be his patient.
Didn't have to wait long. Very professional. Answered questions.
I had a hip replacement by Dr. Zeegen four years ago and a knee replacement just six weeks ago. I trust Dr. Zeegen's expertise and professionalism, his followup care and entire staff. I look forward to being under his care in the future.
This visit was short. I was called in right away and dr saw me right away. They are all professional and very well organized.
Dr Zeegan is a kind and caring Doctor
I checked into Valley Presbyterian Hospital Tuesday morning, June 20th, where I had right hip replacement surgery. Everything went very well. The care and services were excellent.
Dr. Zeegen and his staff are outstanding. I am very pleased with the results of my surgery and the care I have received.
First office visit after surgery went well, as expected.
My name is Idith not Judith Other than that I enjoyed my visit with DrZeegen and his staff
Dr Zeegen went out his way to make time to do the operation on a short notice I really appreciate him
Very knoledgeble and professional
Very good experience! Dr Zeegen performed meniscus surgery on my right knee and I am feeling good as new!!
I visited Dr. Zeagan's office to get shots into my knees, because they are athletic. Dr. Zeagan is alway very friendly and I barely felt the shots. The best part is, that my knees feel much, much better, and this is just the first of a three series shots. I am looking forward to get the second shot next Wednesday. Thank you Dr. Zeagan. Dr. Michael Barme
I had hip replacement surgery. I couldn't have been more pleased with Dr. Zeegen, Valley Presbyterian Hospital, his office staff and the hospital staff. All first rate. I feel so much better and soon will have my other hip replaced also by Dr. Zeegen, of course.
Dr Zeegen is the best. His very nice, listens to you and does not rush you into surgery. His office staff was very accommodating. Office was bright and clean. only waited 15 min before being taken to the back and another 10 min before the doctor came. I would most defensively recommend dr zeegen.
Dr. Zeegen and his staff always take good care of me. Everyone is so friendly and personal!!!!! FIVE STARS!!!!!!!!!! Myrna Craig
Required X rays of right and left knees and hips. My overall experience was excellent from reception, technicians and medical staff. Everything was explained in detail and I was given several treatment options to consider. I feel confident that Dr. Zeegen and his staff will do everything possible to cure my ailment.
Efficiently done. Got x-ray in timely fashion and then Dr came in. Discussed status and that was it.
It was the three-month anniversary of my surgery, and I saw Dr. Zeegen for a check up. The exam was quick, efficient, and professional. As there were no problems, I left after about 15 minutes.
Dr.Zeegan has done a amazing job, this was a second knee replacement with doctor Zeegan and very happy nd satisfied with result. Thanks Dr. Zeegan
Staff was extremely professional and helpful. Dr. Zeegan explained the problems with my hip and referred me for physical therapy. I was very confident of his suggestions and time will tell.
Friendly staff.Minimal wait time to be seen.Awesome doctor very attentive.
Best doctor ever! Dr. Zeegen took me thru my first major surgery. Plus all the follow ups involved to get me walking again! Thank you! Thank you!
It was great....on time, good attention, friendly. No waiting.
Very nice front office and nursing staff. Wasn't in waiting area for very long. A doctor who listened and asked questions,not just relying on a ex ray.
I got xrayed and spoke to Dr. Zeegen, it was great.
Wait less than 1o min. Everyone is kind and helpful. Seen promptly by Dr Zeegan.
My appt was at 1:30pm. I waited till 2:30 before I saw Dr Zeegen. My visit with him always goes well. If I always have to wait so long you should provide validated parking. Last visit I was fortunate to park on the street. Dr Zeegen is an incredible surgeon. That's what keeps me going back.
I have good experience in my first visit atention from staff and everybody. I think for me I make a good choice for my treatment in the future I hope good results in my treatment. Thanks !
Little long wait. Doc very nice.Office nice.Explained all details. Good experience.
It was a good experience. Dr. And staff were Very professional.
Excellent. Arrived on time. Seen by the doctor on time. Treatment went well. Very pleased.
Very satisfactory.
Very professional.
Perfect. I love coming in. Everyone is so nice, feels so comfortable there. AND I LOVE DR Z! Best doctor, best care! The new PA was also quite nice, actually read my file, asked pertinent questions. All good, all the way around.
It was a wonderful consultation. Dr. Zeegen his PA and his staff are amazing. I am very satisfied with my consultation and look forward to Dr. Zeegen giving me a new knee.
On time. Right to the point. Beautiful experience.
Dr. Zeegen performed a total right hip replacement. Dr. Zeegen and the staff at Valley Pres Hospital were great. Everything was explained fully and all questions were answered.
Everything went very well. No complaints
As always little waiting time and great service.
Very efficient- treated very well by everyone.
Everything about the hip replacement surgery and the followup care has been wonderful. Dr. z is the best!
I had a minimal wait before I was taken to the exam room. Everything went smoothly. Dr. Zeegen explained everything in great detail.
It was very professional and I am very satisfied with the procedure I received. Thanks! Dr. Zegan
Great. It is also great seeing Dr. Zeegen.
Very well taken care of! An excellent doctor!
Pleasant, friendly, and attentive staff. Quick response to see the doctor who was knowledgeable, friendly, and assuring.
On time and very professional. A very comfortable experience.
Very good. Dr. Zeegen was very through. He went over my MRI and gave me all the options available.
Excellent
Have you seen Dr. Erik Zeegen, MD?
Are you Dr. Zeegen?