Dr. Erik Schnaser, MD

Orthopedic Surgery | Male

Desert Orthopedic Center 39000 Bob Hope Dr Rancho Mirage, CA 92270 Get Directions
Dr. Erik Schnaser, MD
Erik Allen Schnaser, M.D. is a fellowship trained hip and knee replacement surgeon. He specializes in adult hip and knee disorders including pre-arthritic and arthritic conditions. He has a special interest in patient specific instrumentation, surgical navigation, robotic surgery, as well as taking care of and revising patients with failing or failed total joint replacements. His surgical skill set includes, but is not limited to total hip replacements, total knee replacements, partial knee replacements, knee arthroscopies, total hip revisions, total knee revisions, and lower extremity traumatic injuries. Dr. Schnaser is originally from Carson City, Nevada and is the son of an orthopedic surgeon. He received his Bachelors of Science in Biochemistry at the University of Southern California and then attended medical school at the University Of Nevada School Of Medicine. He then completed a surgical internship and an orthopedic surgical residency at Case Western Reserve School of Medicine. Following his residency, Dr. Schnaser completed a Fellowship in adult hip and knee reconstruction at the Hospital for Special Surgery in New York City. Dr. Schnaser is particularly interested in researching clinical outcomes after hip and knee replacements. He believes that patient specific instrumentation, navigation, and robotics have the potential to increase patient satisfaction and clinical outcomes following joint replacement surgery. He has given over 20 national and international presentations stemming from his research, has authored several peer reviewed publications, and has written book chapters on the subject of joint replacement surgery. He was a member of the America Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeon's Research Development Committee and has spent time on Capitol Hill in order to ensure that the National Institutes of Health continues to receive research support for musculoskeletal conditions.

Dr. Schnaser's Care Philosophy

"The great thing about specializing in hip and knee replacements is that these procedures truly have the ability to give patients their lives back. Few careers are this rewarding."

Dr. Schnaser's Experience

See how Dr. Schnaser's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Schnaser

Dr. Schnaser accepts 1 insurance carrier

Dr. Schnaser is now accepting new patients

Check out the quality of care at the 2 hospitals where Dr. Schnaser has admitting privileges.

Dr. Schnaser's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Schnaser to family and friends
3.8
Dr. Schnaser's Performance
Los Angeles, CA |
Dr seems a bit unprofessional in explaining your results to you ,we left thinking that my knees did not have any real issues but bone scan and me is clearly show different and then he recommends steroid injections to knees (and that was a whole different story)His staff is just ridiculous they do not handle there patients with the utmost respect and care you deserve just rude!! Will be staying with my ortho as he is a lot more exp! This dr needs more time in this field,,mine has 25-30 yrs
in Savoy, TX |
Dr. Schnaser performed a partial knee replacement on me. I went out to lunch and shopping three days later. Never used a cane or walker. Took only Tylenol for pain. I think he must be magic! My PT also said my 25 years of Pilates practice was a big factor in my quick recovery. If you need joint replacement choose a great doctor like Dr Schnaser and go into it in good physical condition.
in Palm Desert, CA |
I would highly recommend Dr Schnaser-I had a full knee replacement and a revision on my opposite hip all within about 3 months. I am a part time resident in Palm Desert and made the effort to find a Dr in the area who specialized in knee and hip surgery and revisions. My prior history was of 5 major hip surgeries-unfortunately time and usage created isssues-pain,discomfort and the loosening of the prosthesis. I am now pain free and my joints are solid-a very "happy camper". Liana Wallman Thanx
in Rancho Mirage, CA |
I have seen several orthopedic surgeons regarding my hips over the years and Dr. Schnaser is by far the best. He is a gifted surgeon. I have total trust in him and would not hesitate to recommend him to my family and friends.
in Redondo Beach, CA |
Dr. Schnaser revised both my hips following a failure of both hip prosthesis due to metallosis. I can't recommend this physician enough. He is the most highly trained orthopedic surgeon in the Coachella Valley. From the pre surgery meeting, throughout the hospital experience and the follow up including the home care of his staff, this physician deserves the highest praise and respect. As a retired RN PhD who has know many physicians during a long career, I recommend Dr. Schnaser
in La Quinta, CA |
This young man is not only an EXCELLENT orthopedic surgeon...he was just excellent on the "follow up" after my surgery. Previously(before I met Dr.Schnaser) I had a different surgeon,who was just terrible at every thing,a year later with a "temporary spacer" in my left hip,I still have pain. Eleven weeks since my total right knee replacement,with Dr. Schnaser and NO INFECTIONS ...He also straighten my right leg during my operation on Oct. 10, 2016. I am so very grateful to be a patient of Dr.
in Indian Wells, CA |
Dr. Schnaser performed a total knee replacement on June 29, 2016. Prior to surgery he explained the entire procedure to me. He visited me twice while I was in the hospital and called me the day after I left. In my first week after surgery I was able to walk a mile unassisted. I just finished my six week check up and he gave me the go ahead to just "Live my life" as normal. His pain management program must be one of the best in orthopedic practice. I recommend him without reservation
in Cathedral City, CA |
Dr Schnaser performed an outstanding surgery which replaced my right knee! He viswited me twice in the hospital and followed up 3 weeks later in his office! He expressed more than a professional and caring attitude and has an excellent reputation in our community, with all of the hospital staff and with my visiting nurses and physical therapist. I would easily recommend him to my friends, family and and neighbors. His experience is vast and his professionalism and intelligence are the highest!
in Desert Hot Springs, CA |
My experience with doctor Schnaser and his staff after surgery has not been a good one. Had surgery on 2-25-2016 and was issued 10 days worth of medication for having a Arthroplasty knee, total replacement. I have requested more but had to wait until 3-23-16 to see my surgeon. In order to request directly from him. I asked Dr. Schnaser for more medication and made him aware that I have not received any. He did said no problem what ever I need. Today is 3-8-16 and still have not received any meds
Have you seen Dr. Erik Schnaser, MD?
Are you Dr. Schnaser?

Compare Dr. Schnaser

Dr. Schnaser says...

Erik Allen Schnaser, M.D. is a fellowship trained hip and knee replacement surgeon. He specializes in adult hip and knee disorders including pre-arthritic and arthritic conditions.  He has a special interest in patient specific instrumentation, surgical navigation, robotic surgery, as well as taking care of and revising patients with failing or failed total joint replacements. His surgical skill set includes, but is not limited to total hip replacements, total knee replacements, partial knee replacements, knee arthroscopies, total hip revisions, total knee revisions, and lower extremity traumatic injuries.

Dr. Schnaser is originally from Carson City, Nevada and is the son of an orthopedic surgeon. He received his Bachelors of Science in Biochemistry at the University of Southern California and then attended medical school at the University Of Nevada School Of Medicine.  He then completed a surgical internship and an orthopedic surgical residency at Case Western Reserve School of Medicine. Following his residency, Dr. Schnaser completed a Fellowship in adult hip and knee reconstruction at the Hospital for Special Surgery in New York City.

Dr. Schnaser is particularly interested in researching clinical outcomes after hip and knee replacements. He believes that patient specific instrumentation, navigation, and robotics have the potential to increase patient satisfaction and clinical outcomes following joint replacement surgery.  He has given over 20 national and international presentations stemming from his research, has authored several peer reviewed publications, and has written book chapters on the subject of joint replacement surgery.  He was a member of the America Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeon's Research Development Committee and has spent time on Capitol Hill in order to ensure that the National Institutes of Health continues to receive research support for musculoskeletal conditions.

Dr. Schnaser's Care Philosophy

Dr. Schnaser's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Orthopedic Surgery
  •  No board certification on record with Healthgrades

No malpractice history found for California.

• Hip Injury