Dr. Erik Pasin, MD

UrologyMale

Urology

Dr. Erik Pasin, MD is a Urology Specialist in Laguna Hills, CA and has over 21 years of experience in the medical field. Dr. Pasin has extensive experience in Urinary Conditions, Urinary Calculi & Removal, and Urologic Surgery. He graduated from UNIVERSITY OF MIAMI / SCHOOL OF MEDICINE in 2002. He is affiliated with medical facilities such as Hoag Hospital Newport Beach and Providence Mission Hospital Mission Viejo. His office accepts new patients and telehealth appointments.

Dr. Erik Pasin, MD

Dr. Pasin's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Pasin

3.9

Unsure how to help after 6 months of bills
I would’ve appreciated the honesty at the start and not after paying for 6 months of appointments that brought me no help in bettering my condition. Now left with no clue how to better my condition. I would recommend going to another specialist.
  • Difficult to schedule appointment
  • Staff wasn't friendly
  • Appointment was rushed
Dec 04, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Erik Pasin, MD?
Dr Erik Pasin is a great doctor, knowledgeable, sensitive and informative. Using the latest medical technology, the Alma Duo treatment which is available in his office, he was able to treat and correct my health condition. The results of that treatment were excellent and I am extremely happy with the way things have progressed. I am very grateful to Dr Pasin and his excellent staff.
Nov 10, 2022
Success
I went to Dr. Pasin with difficulties and a TURP was determined to be the solution. Certainly not a fun experience, but the successful result is more than worth the discomfort. Dr. Pasin is very straight-forward in dealing with problems and I would highly recommend him.
Bruce – Oct 27, 2022
No sense of urgency - SHAMEFUL
If you even THINK you may have cancer - see a cancer doctor - not this guy. NO urgency. From blood work to utrasound - 3 weeks. Then biopsy scheduled 1 month later. Pasin got the results in 4 days but did not think it was important enough to move up husband's appointment which was scheduled 2 weeks out. AGGRESSIVE prostate cancer. Ordered CT and bones scan. Husband scheduled right away and we took films to a City of Hope CANCER DOCTOR who said he needed an immediate PET scan (because a CT does not show if it has spread to lymph nodes) Too late to remove prostate at this point. Had Pasin treated my husband with ANY sense of urgency, he might have had better treatment options. Almost 3 months to get to this point is UNACCEPTABLE.
  • Difficult to schedule appointment
Oct 12, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Erik Pasin, MD?
I had high hopes for Dr. Pasin. My husband has suffered recurrent UTI's his entire life, had several surgeries in an attempt to fix the issue and while the frequency of infections has drastically reduced, they do still occur. We found Dr. Pasin while researching his reviews and after the initial consultation, felt he was going to be the right person to manage his health. However, after a few appointments that were at best a rushed, hurry up and leave encounter, we realized he will not be the one. Typical wait times are at least 30-45 minutes past scheduled appointment time for a 5 minute office visit. To make everything worse, his office staff is subpar and offer outright unacceptable service. You can't get a response from the doctor, results in a timely manner nor an explanation of care. While the doctor is proficient, his staff are a direct reflection of him and the care you will receive. You are best served to look elsewhere if you value your time and the level of care you deserve.
  • Staff wasn't friendly
  • Appointment was rushed
Stephanie R – Mar 15, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Erik Pasin, MD?
The office people are fantastic. Dr. Pasin is a great doctor, easy to talk too. It’s always good when you respect your doctor
Brad Burgin – Apr 01, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Erik Pasin, MD?
Truly, it is my pleasure to say how much I thank Dr. Pasin for all that has been done for me to keep me here. When I was taken to the Hospital July 30, 2020, I had been ill at home for a 2+ weeks, and evidently totally out of it! While I was home Ill for approximately 2+ weeks, my kidneys failed, and I went into sepsis. Dr. Pasin became my Urologist, saw, and worked on me in the hospital several times from July 31 to Aug 5th. He saved my life at that time, and a couple of times since then. My respect for Dr. Pasin, and everyone who supports him, have made me feel I am one special patient. Without any unwarranted comments or accolades, please accept my sincere appreciation for all that has been done for me. Dr. Pasin is magnificent in his professionalism, care, concern, and taking care of his patients like no other Dr. we have ever encountered, Thank you Dr. Pasin for all you have done, and continue to do to help me in getting, and staying better. You’re Awesome Sir….
Carl G – Jan 22, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Erik Pasin, MD?
Dr doesn't want to answer his Patient's Questions! In and out practice! Made Big! Mistake having him as a Urologist! More interserted why I changed My Insurance then listening to me about the side effects of hormone shots! $4000.00 injection to $2000.00 injection!
Dec 27, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Erik Pasin, MD?
Dr. Erik Pasin recently performed a radical prostatectomy surgery on me. The surgery was a complete success with resulting PSA levels near zero, and I have maintained my sexual function. We have been monitoring my PSA levels through a process called Active Surveillance, and the PSA level started to rise after a long time of being static. Between rising PSA levels and a Gleason Score of 7, we decided surgery would be the best path forward. Dr. Pasin recommended the surgery at Saddleback Hospital where the OR nurses and facilities were top notch. Dr. Pasin is a warm and caring physician and has always made me feel very well cared for. He takes the time to explain the issues and he has answered all of my questions to my utmost satisfaction. The office staff is very respectful and led is by Paula, who keeps flow of patients, and office moving forward with outstanding results. The office staff is friendly and they work in a very clean organized system. Bottom line, the most important t
Brad – Oct 01, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Erik Pasin, MD?
I had to add a new name to my Hero list "Dr. Erik Pasin". I've had low flow for the past 20+ years and very low flow for the past year. Dr. Pasin ran test and was able to identify blockage in my urinary tract near my bladder. He performed surgery to correct the problem and I now enjoy my best urine flow in 30+ years!! Unbelievable!! I went from getting up every 20 to 40 minutes at night to go to the bathroom, to now sleeping 4, 5, 6 hours without having to go. I feel so much better! Thank You Dr.Pasin Paul..
Paul – Aug 03, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Erik Pasin, MD?
Worst urologist I've ever seen. Does not know how to diagnose or treat chronic prostatitis. No prostrate exam, urine culture, etc...Prescribes meds for conditions you don't even have. Takes biopsies during procedures without your consent and does not even tell you what the results are. Constantly changes his diagnosis from one end of the spectrum to the other. Expect to wait in the waiting room for an hour before you are called back. The mistake was mine, as I should have moved on to a new Dr. a lot sooner.
Jul 22, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Erik Pasin, MD?
Following two years of Watchful Waiting, leading to Active Surveillance of my biopsy detected low level Prostate Cancer, a second biopsy indicated it was time for action as the number of cancerous spots had increased. Having aggressively researched my options during those two years, I had no hesitation in opting for the surgical removal of my prostate by Dr. Pasin and an excellent support team at the Saddleback Medical Center. I began doing daily Kegel exercises a month before surgery and am happy to report that I regained near total control of my bladder within two weeks of surgery. At three weeks I no longer required any incontinence protection and regained sexual function due to the nerve sparing aspects of Dr. Pasin's surgical expertise. I believe the continuous Kegel exercises had a significant role in my recovery and I continue them daily, but more importantly, it is Dr. Pasin's skill at the heart of my current success story. Thank you my friend!
Steve L. – Mar 01, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Erik Pasin, MD?
I recently had a kidney stone removed by Dr Pasin. I was nervous about the procedure, especially concerned about pain associated with it. I'm happy to report that Dr. Pasin did an outstanding job. Not one moment of pain or discomfort after the procedure and no problem with removing the stent that had been inserted. He has a very busy practice, but I would recommend him to anyone having issues with kidney stones.
esther wright – Feb 14, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Erik Pasin, MD?
After having my PSA "rocket" up I searched for a Urologist to perform more tests to verify what was going on (had no other symptoms to indicate what was going on). Dr. Pasin had me go through a special blood test, which then led to an MRI and finally a biopsy. When the results showed prostate cancer he asked me what I wanted to do and detailed all of my options - going through the upsides and downsides of each procedure. I finally decided on robot-assisted laparoscopic radical prostatectomy. The procedure and hospital went EXACTLY as he outlined. I was a surgical "virgin" and scared out of my mind, but experienced no real pain and everything went as he described. I'm now three months post surgery and have had two blood test which resulted in "no detectable PSA measurement." I highly recommend Dr. Pasin; he will ensure that you get all the information to make an informed decision and leave no stone unturned to help you!
John "Rick" Valasek – Jul 04, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Erik Pasin, MD?
Dr. Erik Pasin is an amazing surgeon! He’s been my urologist for about 5 years while I elected to take an “active surveillance” approach to what was then my low risk prostate cancer. But when my last biopsy showed that my cancer had progressed beyond what was safe for active surveillance he told me “If you were my friend, brother or father I would tell you get this treated soon with surgery or radiation”. We talked at length about the pluses and minuses of each approach and I decided to take the surgical approach with a robot assisted laparoscopic radical prostatectomy. As a pharmacist I read every book, study and review paper I could find about this surgery, and understood the two most common adverse effects of this surgery were urinary incontinence and the loss of sexual potency, and that the risk of both could be minimized if this surgery was performed by a highly skilled, experienced surgeon. And that defines Dr. Pasin. I highly recommend him...
Joseph Doyle – Jul 01, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Erik Pasin, MD?
Pleasant, on the ball, fun
May 19, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Erik Pasin, MD?
Dr. Pasin is the most thorough urologist I have ever been to. He is very much on the preventative side, not only there to get rid of kidney stones, but to prevent them from reoccurring. He is hands-down, the best one I've experienced in Orange County.
Apr 04, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Erik Pasin, MD?
Dr. Pasin is a very caring doctor. He listens. He doesn't treat his patients like they're just a another profit source. I like the way he thinks. Unlike many other doctors, he doesn't jump to conclusions borne in dogma. He makes careful observations. He is very analytical, and tests all the possibilities. I have confidence in his diagnoses because he is knowledgeable and has a sound, logical approach.
Mar 16, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Erik Pasin, MD?
Excellent knowledge and skill. Very comfortable to rely on everything. Very professional and treat us correctly.
Mar 11, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Erik Pasin, MD?
Thanks to Dr Pasin I have had 5 years with undetectable PSA. He removed my cancerous Prostate followed by radiation due a positive margin. He is a very caring physician.
R. Ornellas – Jan 26, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Erik Pasin, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Pasin?

• Urology

2002
UNIVERSITY OF MIAMI / SCHOOL OF MEDICINE

What is the best way to schedule an appointment with Dr. Erik Pasin, MD?

What other Urology Specialists practice nearby?

Click here to compare with other Urology Specialists.

Does Dr. Erik Pasin, MD accept any insurance plans?

What are Dr. Erik Pasin, MD's top areas of expertise?

Dr. Pasin specializes in Urinary Conditions, Urinary Calculi & Removal, and Urologic Surgery. See more on Healthgrades.

What conditions does Dr. Erik Pasin, MD treat?

Dr. Pasin frequently treats the following conditions: Enlarged Prostate (BPH), Blood in Urine (Hematuria), and Bladder Infection. See more on Healthgrades.

What is Dr. Erik Pasin, MD's office address?

Dr. Pasin's office is located at 24953 Paseo de Valencia Ste 15B, Laguna Hills, CA 92653. You can find other locations and directions on Healthgrades.

Is Dr. Erik Pasin, MD able to provide telehealth services?

Dr. Pasin provides telehealth services. Please contact the office to determine whether you are eligible.

Is Dr. Erik Pasin, MD affiliated with any hospitals?

Dr. Erik Pasin, MD is affiliated with Hoag Hospital Newport Beach and Providence Mission Hospital Mission Viejo.

Is Dr. Erik Pasin, MD a board-certified professional?

Yes, Dr. Erik Pasin, MD holds board certifications in Urology.

How much experience does Dr. Erik Pasin, MD have?

Dr. Pasin has over 20 years of healthcare experience.

Does Dr. Erik Pasin, MD receive good ratings from patients?

There is a star rating of 3.9/5 for Dr. Erik Pasin, MD. Patients say that the appointment wasn't rushed and they trusted the provider's decisions. See all patient feedback on Healthgrades.

No malpractice claims found for California

Frequently Treated by Dr. Pasin

Based on treatment records, we have identified the following as areas of care that Dr. Pasin treats more often than their peers. If you are unsure whether Dr. Pasin treats other conditions, please contact the office at (949) 768-6711.

Urinary Conditions

Compare with other Urinary Conditions specialists.

Dr. Pasin is experienced in the area of Urinary Conditions. See the graph below to learn more about his experience.

Based on claims data for 12 conditions and procedures

Enlarged Prostate (BPH)
Bladder Infection
Painful Urination (Dysuria)
Urinary Incontinence

Urinary Calculi & Removal

Urologists or nephrologists diagnose and treat kidney stones, small pieces of hard, crystallized material that form in the kidney and typically pass naturally, but may require shock wave therapy, a catheter procedure, or surgery.Compare with other Urinary Calculi & Removal specialists.

Dr. Pasin is experienced in the area of Urinary Calculi & Removal. See the graph below to learn more about his experience.

Based on claims data for 10 conditions and procedures

Urinary Stones
Kidney Stones
Bladder Stones
Ureteral Stones

Urologic Surgery

Urologic surgery treats conditions affecting the male and female urinary tract and the male reproductive system through procedures including cystectomy (bladder removal), prostatectomy (prostate removal), and pelvic reconstruction.Compare with other Urologic Surgery specialists.

Dr. Pasin is experienced in the area of Urologic Surgery. See the graph below to learn more about his experience.

Based on claims data for 13 conditions and procedures

• Bladder Infection
  • Bladder Scan
  • Bladder Stones
  • Bladder Surgery
  • Blood in Semen (Hematospermia)
  • Blood in Urine (Hematuria)
  • Chlamydia Infection Screening
  • Chronic Kidney Diseases
  • Chronic Prostatitis
  • Circumcision
  • Congenital Obstruction of Ureteropelvic Junction
  • Cystometry
  • Cystourethroscopy and Transurethral Resection of Bladder Neck
  • Dipstick Urinalysis
  • Elevated PSA (Prostate Specific Antigen)
  • End-Stage Renal Disease
  • Enlarged Prostate (BPH)
  • Epididymitis
  • Kidney and Ureter Removal
  • Kidney Cancer
  • Kidney Infection
  • Kidney Infection, Chronic
  • Kidney Stone Pain (Renal Colic)
  • Kidney Stones
  • Lithotripsy
  • Lymph Node Biopsy or Excision
  • Neurogenic Bladder
  • Nighttime Urination (Nocturia)
  • Orchiectomy
  • Orchitis
  • Overactive Bladder
  • Painful Urination (Dysuria)
  • Paraphimosis
  • Peyronie's Disease
  • Phimosis
  • Polyuria
  • Prostate Biopsy
  • Prostate Cancer
  • Prostate Cancer Screening
  • Prostate Cancer Screening Exam (DRE)
  • Prostate Cyst
  • Prostate Removal
  • Prostatectomy With Robotic Assistance
  • Prostatic Abscess
  • Prostatitis
  • Renal Transplant and Nephrectomy
  • Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs)
  • Sexually Transmitted Infections Screening
  • Urethral Dilation
  • Urethral Stones
  • Urethral Stricture
  • Urinary Incontinence
  • Urinary Stone Removal (Litholapaxy)
  • Urinary Stones
  • Urinary Tract Infection (UTI)
  • Uroflowmetry
  • Vaginal and Pelvic Prolapse
  • Vaginitis and-or Vaginosis
  • Varicocele
  • Varicocelectomy or Hydrocelectomy
  • Vesicoureteral Reflux

Dr. Pasin accepts

Dr. Pasin accepts the following insurance:

Advantage-CA HMO
HealthyBlue Advantage
First Health

Erik Pasin, MD

Belinda M Peralta MD24953 Paseo de Valencia Ste 15B Laguna Hills, CA 92653

Dr. Pasin is affiliated with the following hospitals. Select a hospital below to learn more.

Learn more about how Healthgrades measuresHospital Quality.

Hoag Hospital Newport Beach

Newport Beach, CA

85% Patients that would definitely recommend, 15% higher than the national average

13 Awards Received

Award Highlight: Outstanding Patient Experience Award™ (2022)

Providence Mission Hospital Mission Viejo

Mission Viejo, CA

77% Patients that would definitely recommend, 7% higher than the national average

8 Awards Received

Saddleback Medical Center

Laguna Hills, CA

79% Patients that would definitely recommend, 9% higher than the national average

12 Awards Received

Award Highlight: State Ranking Award - Gastrointestinal Medical™ (2023)

Compare Dr. Erik Pasin, MD with other Urology Specialists near you