Dr. Erik Lough, MD

Dr. Erik Lough, MD

General Surgery  ·

Dr. Erik Lough, MD is a general surgery specialist in Austin, TX and has been practicing for 5 years. He specializes in general surgery, bariatric surgery, and more.Read his story

Capital Surgeons Group

505 W Louis Henna Blvd Ste 220

Austin, TX 78728

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas

Learn about Dr. Lough

See how frequently Dr. Lough performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Laparoscopic Surgical Procedure
high
Obesity
Stomach Surgery

Dr. Lough's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

Dr. Lough's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Lough "I was born and raised in Houston. While attending college at UT, I grew particularly fond of living in Austin and its community. After a decade of medical training, I returned with my wife, two sons, and daughter to Cedar Park where we enjoy spending time as a family. I also enjoy Longhorn sports, playing soccer, mountain biking, and playing the bass guitar."

This content was provided by Dr. Lough "I always try to treat a patient as if he or she is a member of my family. In fact I'll often say "If you were my sister..." or "If your were my uncle... this is what I would recommend we do for you""

• General Surgery

• Charleston Area Med Ctr Wvu
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2012
  • University Of Massachusetts Medical School
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2013

Dr. Lough has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Lough does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Lough and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Lough's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Lough to family and friends

Dr. Lough's Performance

Dr. Lough performed an appendectomy on me with skill and precision. I had very little pain after my surgery and healed quickly. He is very compassionate and his communication skills are excellent. He is confident and calm and and an excellent listener. I give him an A rating and would highly...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option0thumbs down icon option0
Dr. Lough performed laparoscopic repair of inguinal hernia. Everything went great, and two weeks after surgery, I am all recuperated. Dr. Lough is very patient and easy to deal with. Highly recommended. A nurse at the Surgery Center made did not follow doctor's instructions which caused me to...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option0thumbs down icon option0
Dr. Lough and staff were fast and efficient. They took care of me without issue. Dr. Lough and staff explained everything to me and followed up to be sure I understood and was healing well.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option0thumbs down icon option0
Dr. Lough is very informative and helpful in helping me to understand my treatment and post procedure.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option0thumbs down icon option0
He is very concerned about his patients. He is not in a rush to get you in and out. Great Doctor.
Are you Dr. Lough?