Dr. Erik Brand, MD

Sports MedicineMaleAge 46

Dr. Brand

Brand Performance Medicine

13333 Ne Bel Red Rd Ste 210 Bellevue, WA 98005

Dr. Erik Brand, MD is a Sports Medicine Specialist in Bellevue, WA and has over 15 years of experience in the medical field. He graduated from University Of Washington medical school in 2007. He is affiliated with medical facilities such as Overlake Medical Center & Clinics and Swedish Cherry Hill Campus. He is accepting new patients. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Brand to book an appointment.

Compare with other Sports Medicine Specialists

Compare Dr. Brand with our nearby Sports Medicine Specialists at UW Medicine.

Make an appointment at UW Medicine today at (206) 829-4223.

Filter by
Provider Ratings

These providers are on the medical staff of UW Medicine.

Dr. Brand's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Brand

4.5

Dr. Brand

My dear 85 year old mom, ended up with a broken hip and leg from a fall, after two surgeries, Mom was not walking straight, and a lot of pain. Mom was depressed, doctors sent her home with some pain pills and exercise which didn’t help. She did massages, shiatsu, acupuncture, shots and the worst part of it, she was ready to give up on driving for good, her independence got cut in half. I asked Dr Brand if he would read her tests results and he gladly agreed. Dr Brand ask a lot of questions to get to know his patients, that’s how he does his magic, He listens! Well, Dr Brand came up with a plan, and my job was to make sure mom was following her routine, as directed by Dr Brand. Started with level 10 pain, within 3 days the pain was 5, then 4 and one morning, mom told me that she drove again and went shopping in the supermarket .. Wow! Ten days later, mom stopped the pills! She’s got her independence back! hope! a smile! And clear of pain. Thank you Dr Brand for listening and knowing!
Bambi Reidt – Jan 20, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Erik Brand, MD?
I’m a physical therapist. My 17 year old son has been dealing with a chronic hip injury that has greatly interferes with rowing for greenlake crew. My familiarity with the mechanics of rowing is limited so we met with Dr Brand to have him work with my son’s stroke. I was very impressed with his great knowledge and ability to analyze the mechanics of the stroke from a medical perspective. He was able to identify several potential problems and efficiently coach my son on adjustments he can make to improve his stroke and place far less strain on his hip. Dr Brand is very enthusiastic and personable and able to inspire hope that there is a way out of this injury.
Sep 03, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Erik Brand, MD?
Dr. Brand's assistance has been absolutely terrific. As a 78 year old male triathlete, I have occasional injuries - notably Achilles Tendonitis and Bicep Tendonitis (in the shoulder). His advice and treatment resolved my issues and allowed me to continue my competitions. He is patient, thoughtful, and very thorough. He treatments are evidence based and effective. I could not be more please with his medical care, and I would very highly recommend him.
Peter D Bullard – Nov 18, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Erik Brand, MD?
I highly recommend Dr. Brand. He was able to figure out the cause of my injury on the first appointment, and gave me an immediate plan to take care of the issue. I appreciate Dr. Brand's high level of knowledge, professional approach, and direct treatment plan. If you are thinking about going to a knowledgeable physician for your injury, then go see Dr. Brand.
Karl U – Jul 29, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Erik Brand, MD?
Dr. Brand helped our teenage son recover from a sports related back injury. The injury stumped other doctors who referred us to Dr. Brand. Dr. Brand methodically investigated all the potential causes; spent as much time as needed with us including phone calls on the week end; and treated both the physical and mental aspects of injury. Our son is now 100% recovered and learned a lot about his body in the process. Dr. Brand provided excellent personal attention, worked as a team with all of us when the cause of pain was confounding, and he brought fresh thinking and ideas to the situation. We highly recommend Dr Brand, especially for complicated cases that require a holistic approach, judgment, and thoroughness.
Steve – Jul 24, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Erik Brand, MD?
I have had the privilege of working with Dr. Brand both as a colleague and a patient. I can count on Dr. Brand to be thorough, professional and up to date on current treatment options. As a local physical therapist, it is often necessary for me to send a patient for further work-up. Being a sports Medicine Physiatrist, Dr. Brand is able to order any necessary diagnostic imaging, provide conservative treatment approaches and then refer patients on to appropriate surgeons as necessary.
Karol Wilson, PT, DPT in Bothell, WA – Jun 12, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Erik Brand, MD?
Great and knowledgable. Helpfull and premotes nonpharmaceutical, natural healing.
Mar 16, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Erik Brand, MD?
I've been a patient of Dr. Brand's for several weeks now and couldn't be happier. The time and effort he's put into my care has been really astonishing. I've never had a doctor connect my whole health history and look at everything from such a holistic standpoint. Absolute 5/5.
Mar 12, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Erik Brand, MD?
I've seen Dr. Brand over the last year for an ongoing issue with my knee. After getting the imaging back he was able to diagnose my condition and come up with a comprehensive plan to minimize the pain so I can continue on with my life. I also liked how easy it was to contact him with questions I had throughout the treatment never had anything like that with any other doctor.
Kyle – Dec 21, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Erik Brand, MD?
Erik has a profound sense of care across the entire wellness spectrum. Takes a good deal of time to explain every procedure, the necessary follow up and corrective actions I can take on my own. I would give my highest possible recommendation.
Scott in Issaquah, WA – Dec 05, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Erik Brand, MD?
Dr Brand is one of the most thorough doctors I have seen of late. I came to him with a hurt knee and he not only focused on my knee, but on total body wellness. He is a doctor who thinks outside the box looking for answers and therapies in all arenas. He is both professional and personal, he makes you feel like you are either his only patient or his favorite one. I was most impressed with his attention to details surrounding my total wellness and how that related to my injury. Go see Dr Brand!
Jenn Pengelly in Bothell, WA – Oct 01, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Erik Brand, MD?
Dr. Brand showed me the bigger picture to recovery. This includes anti-inflammatory diet, sleep, giving up caffeine during the rehab process and that all of these things play a big part in the recovery process. This made the recovery 2-3 times better than the prior rotator cuff surgery a year earlier. Out of all the medical professionals I've worked with during this process, Dr. Brand taught me more about rehabbing my injury and involving all the processes of the body. Thank you Dr. Brand.
Driving Dan in Seattle, WA – Aug 31, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Erik Brand, MD?
Erik was able to get me in within a couple days when other doctors were not able to see me for over 2 weeks. He has been instrumental in resolving a multitude of injuries by giving me various treatment options and only recommends the most invasive treatments as a last resort. I appreciated that he is willing to go over x-ray/MRI results with me right away, even if that means working after regular business hours. I recommend Erik to all of my friends and family!
Megan Hong – Jul 30, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Erik Brand, MD?
Dr. Brand is the best Doctor we ever had. He is professional. Have the most updated knowledge in his field. He always listen to his patient , find out what is needed for treatment. He gave a few options and explained the difference. He always involved the patient and the care giver and find out what is the best for the whole family or the whole team. He will help to contact other doctor's for the patient if the patient asked him to. He just the best. He would go extra miles to help his patient
Mary L in Issquah, WA – Jul 13, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Erik Brand, MD?
I had severe neck pain and had urgent care and ER visits. They basically were trying to treat this with muscle relaxer and narcotics. I was looking for another solution. Dr. Brand got me in right away, he listened to my concerns, lined up all the treatments I needed (physical therapy, massage, acupuncture) on the same day! Now, that’s rarely done nowadays!!! I felt dramatically better in 1 day where I was able to work without problems. I highly recommend Dr. Brand.
JSL in Bellevue, WA – Jun 28, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Erik Brand, MD?
"Dr" Brand's arrogant attitude never falters from the moment you walk in the office to when you leave. Long waiting time, annoyingly monotone receptionists, and a rude doctor who has no idea what he's doing. He looked at my X-ray, and said everything was completely fine, and then I got a second opinion, and it tuned out I had a minor torn miniscus. Horrible doctor what doesn't have a clue.
  • Difficult to schedule appointment
  • Didn't explain conditions well
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
Jessica in Issaquah, WA – Nov 24, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Erik Brand, MD?
Took our daughter for sprained ankle. Dr Brand's diagnosis from Xrays & MRI was negative for any fractures, tendon, or ligament damage, so started her on PT. After 2 months of no improvement in pain or mobility I pressed for reasonable time, he literally got up & left the room. 2nd facility discovered that he didn't have X-ray or MRI of the ankle, just the foot. Our daughter suffered 2 months of PT, all the while w/ fractured ankle due to this quack's incompetent, arrogant, & rude behavior.
  • Difficult to schedule appointment
  • Staff wasn't friendly
  • Appointment was rushed
  • Didn't listen or answer questions
  • Didn't explain conditions well
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
Darrel Ranger in Issaquah, WA – Sep 10, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Erik Brand, MD?
Dr Brand is a very approachable doctor whose genuine passion for helping people makes him stand apart from others I have seen. He is thorough in his evaluations and asks questions to help problem solve and get to the root of the pain. He not only addressed my immediate pain in my calves and ankles, but he has set up a long term health plan for me. Dr Brand believes in empowering his patients and views his role as one in support of helping you realize your full potential.
Nancy BK in Redmond, WA – Jun 03, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Erik Brand, MD?
I have been in the care of Dr. Brand since I was hit by a car in October, 2015. He listens intently to my feedback and caters his care accordingly, never pushing me past my comfort level. I appreciate very much that Dr. Brand takes a holistic approach at healing--he has prescribed acupuncture, massage, and physical therapy from other providers, along with his care. He is focused on long-term health, and not just relief of the current issue. He is professional, knowledgeable, and kind.
Amy in Seattle, WA – Dec 19, 2015
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Erik Brand, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Brand?
Provider explaining information to patient