Dr. Erik Alexander, MD

Dr. Erik Alexander, MD

Dermatology  |

Dr. Alexander is a board-certified dermatologist specializing in the diagnosis and treatment of diseases of the skin, hair and nails. His professional areas of interest include skin cancer detection and treatment, and treatments of acne, rosacea, eczema and atopic dermatitis, psoriasis, vitiligo, warts, molluscum, skin allergies and rashes. ACHIEVEMENTS: Robert J. Roberts Award, Department of Pharmacology, Carver College of Medicine Bierring-Porter Award, Department of Microbiology, Carver College of Medicine McClintock Award, Department of Physiology and Biophysics, Carver College of Medicine Hoyt Scholarship, Carver College of Medicine USA Funds Access to Education Scholarship, Scholarship America AMA Foundation Scholars Fund Award, AMA Alliance Lange Student Award, The McGraw-Hill Companies Ernest R. Johnson Memorial Prize, The University of Iowa Collegiate Scholar Award, The University of Iowa Three-time recipient of the Chemistry Alumni Award, The University of Iowa Department of Chemistry Shoemaker-Strickler Scholarship in Chemistry, The University of Iowa Outstanding Teaching Award, University of Iowa Department of Dermatology Presidential Scholarship, The University of Iowa

Forefront Dermatology - Wauwatosa

2600 N Mayfair Rd Ste 810

Wauwatosa, WI 53226

• Accepts most major Health Plans. Please contact our office for details.

Learn about Dr. Alexander

Video

See how frequently Dr. Alexander performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Acne
Skin Infections
Actinic Keratosis

Dr. Alexander's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

This content was provided by Dr. Alexander "Ultimately, I want to provide our patients with the peace of mind that comes from knowing that I care about their health, thatI am aware of the latest treatments and that I am their partner in this until they are cured. -  Erik C. Alexander, MD"

• Dermatology

• Dermatology
    Accredited by: American Board of Dermatology*

• Acne
  • Actinic Keratosis
  • Atopic Dermatitis (Eczema)
  • Fungal Infections
  • Fungal Nail Infection
  • Hives
  • Itchy Skin
  • Lichen Planus
  • Melanoma
  • Moles (Benign Skin Lesions)
  • Molluscum Contagiosum Infection

• Shaving of Skin Lesion
  • Skin Cancer Removal
  • Skin Tag Removal
  • Wart Removal

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Wisconsin.

• University Of Iowa
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 2004
  • University Of Iowa-Roy J & Lucille Carver College Of Medicine
    Medical School | Graduated 2008
  • St. Luke's Medical Center
    Internship Hospital | Completed 2009
  • University Of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2012

Dr. Alexander has no media or publications listed.

• American Academy of Dermatology, Member

Dr. Alexander's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Alexander to family and friends
Dr. Alexander's Performance
in Milwaukee, WI |
Great, friendly care at every appointment. Very thorough and professional. And informative.
in Milwaukee, WI |
Dr. Erik Alexander is wonderful! He takes the time to listen carefully and then prepares his treatment plan. He answers questions and his nurse is available for follow up calls. I highly recommend Dr. Alexander and his staff !
in Milwaukee, WI |
Dr. Alexander is The Best. Scheduling is easy, he always sees you at the scheduled time, and his work is top-notch. You can tell right away that he's very bright and very personable and professional. His nurses are great! I have had other skin docs in the past, and none of them are anywhere near as good.
Waukesha, WI |
From the moment I walked in to the phone call with test results, I've been very impressed with the level of care provided by Dr. Erik and all those at Forefront. Unlike other docs, you don't feel rushed here. You feel the Doc and staff genuinely care about you and your health.
Milwaukee, WI |
I see Dr. Alexander yearly to get a complete skin check. He's very professional, taking care to answer my questions. He removed a growth, and I was pleased to get the results very much faster than the "up to 10 days" timeframe. Luckily all was A-OK, as he expected things to be. Would highly recommend him to my family and friends.
New York, NY |
Dr. Alexander and his staff were very welcoming. They listened to every concern, checked the issues, and explained what the “abnormalities” were and why they were there. There were also no lectures.
in Wisconsin |
Always addresses my concerns directly. Smiles a lot. I like that.
Milwaukee, WI |
Personable and listened to our concerns. Was knowledgable and answered all questions.
Eric was punctual, attentive, and very helpful. He listened to my concerns, then explained his observations and suggested treatment options. By far the best visit to any dermatologist I've ever had.
in Racine, WI |
All the staff was very pleasant an easy to work with. The visit went well. Thanks, Tara
Green Bay, WI |
I visited Dr. Alexander for a baseline and a few concerns. His staff was professional and courteous. The appointment was pleasant and thorough. When finished my husband was registering for a baseline visit and Dr saw him right away so we didn't have to return another time. I was extremely pleased with the service and professionalism.
Bethesda, MD |
He's a cool easy going guy and good Doctor. Although, sometimes he's in a hurry. if you have a question just ask it, he's good about answering. I like him but sometime you have to slow him down a bit.
Hi Thank you for the feedback. I appreciate you taking time to leave a review.
in Milwaukee, WI |
Although Dr. Alexander was courteous and professional, I felt he rushed through my appointment. He didn't address all my concerns, which were the numerous moles I wanted removed. He did remove most of them, but didn't ask me if I wanted him to treat more. After I got home and looked in a mirror, I wish I would've been the opportunity, while still in the office, to look in a mirror to see if, at that time, I was satisfied.
Hi Thank you for posting a review. I appreciate your feedback.
Milwaukee, WI |
Our entire family has been seeing Dr. Alexander for several years. He is very knowledgeable and caring. Dr. Alexander has always taken his time to understand and address our concerns, and then explain the treatment. He is fantastic.
Hi Thank for you for the 5 star rating and positive feedback. I appreciate it very much.
Milwaukee, WI |
Dr. Alexander is very professional and thorough. He is very good at answering all your questions before you even ask them. I highly recommend him.
in Racine, WI |
My visit to Dr. Erik Alexander went very smoothly. After booking the appointment, a reminder phone call was sent. It was easy to find the office, and waited for less than 5 minutes after checking in before seeing the doctor. The assistant and Dr. Alexander were both friendly and professional.
Hello Thank you for the positive feedback. I appreciate it very much.
Excellent professional service.
Hello Thank you for the positive feedback. I appreciate it very much.
in Milwaukee, wi |
Dr Alexander and his staff were friendly, courteous, thorough and timely. Highly recommend.
Hi Thank you for the positive feedback. I appreciate it very much.
in Milwaukee |
This was the best experience I have had going to a new Dr. The staff was very polite and made me feel comfortable. Dr. Alexander was great and again he made me feel comfortable and was willing to answer any questions and address my concerns. I would highly recommend Dr. Alexander to family and friends .
Milwaukee, WI |
Excellent first visit. Very professional office and staff. My appointment was right on time. Dr Alexander was very friendly and thorough. Would highly recommend
in Milwaukee, WI |
Luckily a spot on my back that my wife Chrissie was worried about (and I could not see) turned out to be harmless, but Dr. Alexander found and froze a spot on my cheek that I was concerned about (it never really healed). Don Gardner
in Wauwatosa |
Dr. Alexander is very friendly, professional and helpful. Have had nothing but positive experiences at Forefront Dermatalogy.
Chicago, IL |
Dr. Alexander was efficient, timely and incredibly kind! He listened to my concerns and gave me treatment options to involve me in my plan of care. I will definitely be returning.
Milwaukee, WI |
Overall very positive experience!
Milwaukee, WI |
Saw Dr. Alexander for a lesion that appeared on my hand seemingly out of nowhere. He prescribed a specific lotion, and 2 weeks later, it is hardly noticeable. I can't ask for much better results than that. Staff is friendly and professional. Will definitely be going back for future derm appointments.
in Milwaukee, WI |
Very professional, friendly and polite.
in Milwaukee, WI |
I have a great experience with this doctor. All appointments are with very little if any waiting time. Doctor is very attentive and gives exactly the treatment needed, no less and no more. Staff is very nice and helpful. Also takes my insurance which is great (not all doctors do).
Sheboygan, WI |
I had acnes for many years. I got very affordable and effective medicines from Dr Erick Alexander . My skin has no more break outs and recovery from old scar. thank you so much .I feel very happy. I am still taking the medicine now. Hopefully the day will come soon when I no longer need to take it.
in Milwaukee, WI |
Always a positive experience with Dr.Eric Alexander. Straight to the point in treatment and very understanding. :)
Sussex, WI |
Dr. Alexander is a straight to the point, no nonsense doctor. I like that. He doesn't chit chat but goes into detail when he is discussing what he sees and find and if you need to worry about it or not. I would highly recommend him.
in Waukesha, WI |
I think Dr Alexander is an excellent dermatologist. He is compassionate @ very skilled. He has my highest recommendation. The staff is also compassionate @ friendly.
Milwaukee, WI |
I am a new patient and my experience was a good one from start to finish. I was welcomed at the front door that was nice! These days that can be a challenge. A friendly welcoming greeting in a new situation is always nice. I waited about ten minutes and was taken to a room and a tech came in to get my pertinent information she was polite and made me feel comfortable. After that was finished the dr came in was very friendly and addressed my needs. He was friendly professional and a pleasure.
in Milwaukee, WI |
He was very kind, friendly and professional. He seem to know what he was doing and got it done. No playing around. He got right to the point. I would recommend him to anybody who needed a dermatologist. As a matter of fact, I already have.
Dr. Alexander and his staff are top notch! Professional and friendly from the time I walked in until I left.
in Menomonee Falls, WI |
Top notch doctor and staff from the moment we walked in the door. Dr. Alexander made us feel comfortable and explained our options thoroughly so we could make an informed decision about treatment. All staff we encountered were welcoming, friendly, actually smile (rare to find these days) and seemed to enjoy their jobs and taking care of patients. Wonderful experience! So glad we decided to change doctors. Definitely worth the farther drive!
in Brookfield |
Dr. Alexander applies most upto date technology & technics and has always shown true compassion and concern for me as a patient. I'm ecstatic over the results.
in Milwaukee, WI |
I appreciate Dr. Alexander's calm and thorough examination. His insight and recommendations to assist me with my problems have been very helpful!!
New Berlin, WI |
Dr. Alexander has been great in helping me treat my issues. I would recommend to anyone.
in Milwaukee, WI |
Dr. Alexander is the best, he takes time to listen, you can tell and feel he has knowledge about everything you ask him and treats you like a person not a chart ??
in Milwaukee |
Very friendly and professional. Answered all of my questions with no problems. Currently. taking medication for my problem but confident it work.
in Milwaukee, WI |
Dr. Alexander was able to provide the medication to clear of the eczema. I notice a change in a matter of days. I would highly recommend Dr. Alexander to family and friends. D. Clayton
in Milwaukee, WI |
Dr. Alexander is always friendly and works hard to help me find solutions for my acne problems. He also usually keeps his schedule so I very rarely have to wait long before I am seen.
in Franklin, WI |
Was willing and able to respond to any question I may have had about my condition. Friendly and puts you a ease.
in Waukesha, WI |
Had skin issues treated efficiently and with care.
in Brookfield, WI |
Dr. Alexander is both knowledgeable and amiable. He listened and responded, point by point, to each of my questions. He is in my view quite exceptional.
in Milwaukee, WI |
Erik has been treating me for a few years now. He is excellent!
in Milwaukee Wisconsin |
Dr. Alexander is very respectful and punctual, Doctor and he also does his job very well. Dr. Alexander get to the source of the issue, and I always walk out with a satisfied smile!!! I would most definitely recommend Dr. Alexander to family and friends!!! Thank Dr. Alexander for your service!!!!!!
in Mequon, WI |
Very comfortable and easy to talk to.
in Milwaukee, WI |
My name isAnglia Garner my experience with Dr. Alix was above and beyond my expectation of a doctor it was polite kind to the point listen well talked and explain things that I asked so is my pleasure to met him hope I don't have to go back but if I did I would go back with faith he would fine the problem Thank you Anglia Garner
in Milwaukee, WI |
Dr Alexander is very thorough and staff very helpful. Listened to my concerns and continued my current treatment regimen. Well organized office, clean and no waiting time. Highly recommend.
Have you seen Dr. Erik Alexander, MD?

Visit Dr. Alexander

Dr. Alexander accepts 1 insurance carrier
  • Accepts most major Health Plans. Please contact our office for details.