Dr. Erik Alexander, MD

Dr. Erik Alexander, MD

Dermatology  |
66 reviews

Dr. Alexander is a board-certified dermatologist specializing in the diagnosis and treatment of diseases of the skin, hair and nails. His professional areas of interest include skin cancer detection and treatment, and treatments of acne, rosacea, eczema and atopic dermatitis, psoriasis, vitiligo, warts, molluscum, skin allergies and rashes....See Less

Forefront Dermatology - Wauwatosa

2600 N Mayfair Rd Ste 810

Wauwatosa, WI 53226

• Accepts most major Health Plans. Please contact our office for details.

Learn about Dr. Alexander

Forefront Dermatology is committed to providing the most innovative, leading-edge and appropriate medical dermatology solutions for healthy and beautiful skin. Whether you're suffering from an unexplained chronic skin condition, are embarrassed by acne or want a thorough skin cancer screening, we help detect problems before they become critical, physically or emotionally, and treat all diseases involving the skin, hair and nails. Our patients come to us with medical problems they can see and feel. We respect their unique reactions to these conditions, and we understand the effect they have on their lives. We address each patient with empathy, and we design personalized treatment recommendations that respect the whole person, inside and out.

Video

Dr. Alexander's Experience

Dr. Alexander's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Dermatology
  • Board certified in Dermatology

• Dermatology

• Dermatology
    Accredited by: American Board of Dermatology*

• Acne
  • Actinic Keratosis
  • Atopic Dermatitis (Eczema)
  • Fungal Infections
  • Fungal Nail Infection
  • Hives
  • Itchy Skin
  • Lichen Planus
  • Melanoma
  • Moles (Benign Skin Lesions)
  • Molluscum Contagiosum Infection

• Shaving of Skin Lesion
  • Skin Cancer Removal
  • Skin Tag Removal
  • Wart Removal

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Wisconsin.

• University of Iowa
  • St. Luke's Medical Center
    Internship Hospital | Completed 2009
  • University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2012

Dr. Alexander has no media or publications listed.

• American Academy of Dermatology, Member

Dr. Alexander's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Alexander to family and friends
Dr. Alexander's Performance
Milwaukee, WI |
Saw Dr. Alexander for a lesion that appeared on my hand seemingly out of nowhere. He prescribed a specific lotion, and 2 weeks later, it is hardly noticeable. I can't ask for much better results than that. Staff is friendly and professional. Will definitely be going back for future derm appointments.
Milwaukee, WI |
I believe in the high care level and professionalism of Dr. Alexander
in Milwaukee, WI |
Very professional, friendly and polite.
in Milwaukee, WI |
I have a great experience with this doctor. All appointments are with very little if any waiting time. Doctor is very attentive and gives exactly the treatment needed, no less and no more. Staff is very nice and helpful. Also takes my insurance which is great (not all doctors do).
Sheboygan, WI |
I had acnes for many years. I got very affordable and effective medicines from Dr Erick Alexander . My skin has no more break outs and recovery from old scar. thank you so much .I feel very happy. I am still taking the medicine now. Hopefully the day will come soon when I no longer need to take it.
in Milwaukee, WI |
Always a positive experience with Dr.Eric Alexander. Straight to the point in treatment and very understanding. :)
Sussex, WI |
Dr. Alexander is a straight to the point, no nonsense doctor. I like that. He doesn't chit chat but goes into detail when he is discussing what he sees and find and if you need to worry about it or not. I would highly recommend him.
in Waukesha, WI |
I think Dr Alexander is an excellent dermatologist. He is compassionate @ very skilled. He has my highest recommendation. The staff is also compassionate @ friendly.
Milwaukee, WI |
I am a new patient and my experience was a good one from start to finish. I was welcomed at the front door that was nice! These days that can be a challenge. A friendly welcoming greeting in a new situation is always nice. I waited about ten minutes and was taken to a room and a tech came in to get my pertinent information she was polite and made me feel comfortable. After that was finished the dr came in was very friendly and addressed my needs. He was friendly professional and a pleasure.
Milwaukee, WI |
I really like Dr. Alexander. I have had acne all my life and as an adult he has been the only dermatologist who has been able to help me. I can actually walk out if the house without makeup and not feel like everyone is staring at me. He gave me hope without giving me false promises.
in Milwaukee, WI |
He was very kind, friendly and professional. He seem to know what he was doing and got it done. No playing around. He got right to the point. I would recommend him to anybody who needed a dermatologist. As a matter of fact, I already have.
in Milwaukee, WI |
Dr. Alexander is always very kind. The office staff is wonderful also.
Dr. Alexander and his staff are top notch! Professional and friendly from the time I walked in until I left.
in Milwaukee, WI |
I really like Dr Alexander. Easy going down to earth.
in Menomonee Falls, WI |
Top notch doctor and staff from the moment we walked in the door. Dr. Alexander made us feel comfortable and explained our options thoroughly so we could make an informed decision about treatment. All staff we encountered were welcoming, friendly, actually smile (rare to find these days) and seemed to enjoy their jobs and taking care of patients. Wonderful experience! So glad we decided to change doctors. Definitely worth the farther drive!
in Brookfield |
Dr. Alexander applies most upto date technology & technics and has always shown true compassion and concern for me as a patient. I'm ecstatic over the results.
in Milwaukee, WI |
I appreciate Dr. Alexander's calm and thorough examination. His insight and recommendations to assist me with my problems have been very helpful!!
New Berlin, WI |
Dr. Alexander has been great in helping me treat my issues. I would recommend to anyone.
in Milwaukee, WI |
Dr. Alexander is the best, he takes time to listen, you can tell and feel he has knowledge about everything you ask him and treats you like a person not a chart ??
in Milwaukee |
Very friendly and professional. Answered all of my questions with no problems. Currently. taking medication for my problem but confident it work.
in Milwaukee, WI |
Dr. Alexander was able to provide the medication to clear of the eczema. I notice a change in a matter of days. I would highly recommend Dr. Alexander to family and friends. D. Clayton
in Milwaukee, WI |
Excellent experience. Answered all my questions. Very friendly and professional.
in Milwaukee, WI |
Dr. Alexander is always friendly and works hard to help me find solutions for my acne problems. He also usually keeps his schedule so I very rarely have to wait long before I am seen.
in Franklin, WI |
Was willing and able to respond to any question I may have had about my condition. Friendly and puts you a ease.
in Waukesha, WI |
Had skin issues treated efficiently and with care.
in Brookfield, WI |
Dr. Alexander is both knowledgeable and amiable. He listened and responded, point by point, to each of my questions. He is in my view quite exceptional.
in Milwaukee, WI |
Erik has been treating me for a few years now. He is excellent!
in Milwaukee, WI |
Explained everything very well. Answered all questions. Very courteous and caring throughout the appointment.
in Milwaukee Wisconsin |
Dr. Alexander is very respectful and punctual, Doctor and he also does his job very well. Dr. Alexander get to the source of the issue, and I always walk out with a satisfied smile!!! I would most definitely recommend Dr. Alexander to family and friends!!! Thank Dr. Alexander for your service!!!!!!
in Mequon, WI |
Very comfortable and easy to talk to.
in Milwaukee, WI |
My name isAnglia Garner my experience with Dr. Alix was above and beyond my expectation of a doctor it was polite kind to the point listen well talked and explain things that I asked so is my pleasure to met him hope I don't have to go back but if I did I would go back with faith he would fine the problem Thank you Anglia Garner
in Milwaukee, WI |
Dr Alexander is very thorough and staff very helpful. Listened to my concerns and continued my current treatment regimen. Well organized office, clean and no waiting time. Highly recommend.
in New Berlin, WI |
Quick, yet thorough, service/procedure. Friendly, helpful staff. Clean, organized offices. Highly recommend!
in Wauwatosa, WI |
I have been going to Dr. Alexander since he started his practice. He was outstanding the first time I saw him, and remains the best skin doc I have ever seen. I have been getting an annual exam for over 30 years, and he is easily the best I've seen. He is funny, personable and genuinely interested in my health! I recommend him to all of my family and friends. (And the wait time is always under 10 minutes!)
in Milwaukee, WI |
He's honest, friendly & down to earth.
in Milwaukee, WI |
I've been seeing Dr. Alexander for over a year now. He stands out from other physicians because of his natural talent for making patients feel at ease and understood. He has always listened closely to my concerns, explained thoroughly what I should expect from treatment, and took time to answer any questions. Most of all, he appreciated that even largely cosmetic skin issues can cause a lot of anxiety for patients.
Milwaukee, WI |
Dr. Alexander has a great "bedside" manner, which I think is very important trait for a dermatologist. He was able to provide me with the treatment I requested, while also getting to know me as a new patient and providing some education regarding melanoma risk/skin checks.
in Elm Grove, WI |
Very competent, helpful, and likable.
in Wauwatosa, WI |
Exceeded my expectations and was extremely thorough. He took notice of what others overlooked and genuinely heard my concerns about my progress at this stage of my condition.
in Milwaukee, WI |
Dr. Alexander has been treating my daughter for severe exema and he is great with her, he directs questions to her and she feels wonderful being able to explain for herself to Dr. Alexander how she is feeling .
Chicago, IL |
I recommend Dr. Alexander due to the fact he has been the only person to help my five year old son. When my son was 3 started getting a wart on the top of his left wrist. I've tried everything over the counter (dry ice) to home remedies (duck tape), etc. I got to the point where I wanted him to get seen. So far since summer break started I was able to have him be seen on a consistent basis biweekly. I've seen great results, with possible two more treatments. My son is very happy??
Milwaukee, WI |
Dr. Alexander is very thorough in my annual skin check-ups, and answers all my questions. I had a large cyst on my back removed and he did a wonderful job with very little evidence later of scarring. I feel confident in his care and would recommend him without hesitation. Staff is excellent too.
in Milwaukee, WI |
I have seen Dr. Alexander twice. The first time was for a pimple that appeared near my lip area. It wasn't going away and I thought I should have it checked out. Dr. Alexander examined the area and gave me a prescription for a medication to apply to the area. Within 2-3 applications, it cleared up and has not returned. The second visit was for a full body skin exam. I felt Dr. Alexander's exam was thorough and efficient.
in Milwaukee, WI |
They explained everything well and we're understanding. I would definitely recommend them. Jennifer
Very personable!
in Milwaukee, WI |
Dr Alexander - from the very beginning of my association with him - has always been very personable and professional with me as a person, as well having a fine conversational attitude. I needed to see a Dermatologist because I was having an allergic reaction to some ink in one of my tattoos. I was not happy with the thought of surgery to remove that portion of the tattoo (which Dr Alexander agreed was an extreme measure), we agreed on steroid shots and a cream to ease the itching. Very happy.
in Milwaukee, WI |
He takes his time in the room with you and doesn't seem rushed. Makes sure all of your questions are answered before your visit is complete. Office staff is kind and courteous as well.
in Milwaukee, WI |
Dr. Alexander is great. I have seen him for 3 different reasons and have always had good results. The only problem I have is the billing from WHF. They are billing me for a Cortisone shot as a surgical procedure.
Milwaukee, WI |
I had a number of small things I wanted him to check out. He addressed all of my questions and I felt very satisfied with my experience.
Have you seen Dr. Erik Alexander, MD?

Visit Dr. Alexander

Dr. Alexander accepts 1 insurance carrier
  • Accepts most major Health Plans. Please contact our office for details.

More Dermatologists at Forefront Dermatology - Wauwatosa