Dr. Erich Anderer, MD

NeurosurgeryMaleAge 45

Telehealth services available

New Patient

Current Patient

Dr. Erich Anderer, MD is a Neurosurgery Specialist in Brooklyn, NY. He is affiliated with medical facilities such as NYU Langone Hospital - Brooklyn and NYU Langone Health Tisch Hospital. He is accepting new patients and has indicated that he accepts telehealth appointments. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Anderer to book an appointment.

NYU Langone Ambulatory Care Brooklyn Heights

New Patient?
NYU Langone Ambulatory Care Brooklyn Heights186 Joralemon St Fl 11 Brooklyn, NY 11201

NYU Langone Brooklyn Medical Arts Pavilion

New Patient?
NYU Langone Brooklyn Medical Arts Pavilion8714 5TH AVE Brooklyn, NY 11209

Hospital Highlight

Dr. Anderer is affiliated with NYU Langone Health Tisch Hospital New York, a highly rated hospital.

• Practices at Top Hospital America's 250 Best Hospitals Award™ See hospitals

More Neurosurgery Specialists at NYU Langone Health

Dr. Anderer's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Anderer

Dr. Anderer?
  • Appointment scheduling (60)
  • Explained conditions well (60)
  • Listened & answered questions (60)
  • Long wait times (7)
  • Appointment was rushed (5)
  • Didn't explain conditions well (5)
When I was referred to Dr. Erich Anderer I was told that he does not do unnecessary surgery, and was further encouraged when I read his many positive reviews and when I read about his research and interest in spinal health and yoga. Dr. Anderer is professional and kind, and able to discuss surgery using lay terminology. Dr. Anderer and his staff and the hospital staff were always approachable and helpful. I went home two days after surgery, and had recovered enough to return to work just over two weeks later. I can recommend Dr. Anderer with great confidence.
Jeanine – Jan 21, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Erich Anderer, MD?
In 2019 an MRI confirmed I had a herniated disc (C5/C6) & a pinched nerve in my lower neck. I tried pain management; three epidurals & intense PT but nothing seemed to work. So I finally decided to explore surgery & luckily found Dr. Erich Anderer. During the initial consult, he was extremely thorough & spoke in layman’s terms, which was very helpful. Dr. Anderer took the time to listen & address my questions & concerns regarding surgery. My biggest fear was that fusion would limit my movement but Dr. Anderer assured me that I would not lose any mobility. After meeting with Dr. Anderer, I was so impressed by his knowledge, professionalism, & confidence that I booked my surgery for the next available date. On Monday, 11/30, Dr. Anderer performed an anterior cervical discectomy with fusion & instrumentation. The surgery was a complete success. I am now four weeks post op & I feel like a new person. I’m so glad that I did my research & found Dr. Anderer. He is truly one of a kind.
Andrew Hecht – Dec 27, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Erich Anderer, MD?
I went to see Dr. Anderer for herniated disc between C-5 and C-6. For two years prior I had done physical therapy, cortisone shots, cervical traction etc. nothing helped. Being nervous to do a surgery I went to meet with Dr. Anderer. Right from the beginning he made me feel comfortable and explained all my options very clearly, with me ultimately going with a disc replacement. I could not have felt more confident and in safe hands than with Dr. Anderer and his staff including Alexa Maestrone the NP at the office, they were remarkably welcoming and helpful before and after the surgery which they scheduled in a very timely manner. The pain that would travel down my arm was gone almost instantly after the surgery was complete. Already recommended him and will continue to do so in the future.
Jul 21, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Erich Anderer, MD?
I was referred to Dr. Anderer after an MRI identified a spinal tumor that explained why I was losing my ability to walk. Dr Anderer office arranged a visit right away after my tumor was identified. Dr. Anderer was honest and direct that surgery was the best course of action as soon as possible to avoid potential long term permanent disability. I am a man in 40s who had gone from walking without device to fear to ambulate w/o a wheelchair in a few months. Dr Anderer let it be known that this was my decision so I did not feel pressured into an operation that was my first one ever. I trusted his diagnosis, appreciated his candor and ultimately his expertise in completing this necessary operation right away. The Hospital and than rehab staff were wonderful. NYU Langone was the way to go and Dr Anderer's expertise and skill was the cure for what ailed me. I am just beginning my post hospital/rehab recovery but I thank Dr Anderer and his staff with getting me literally back on my feet!
Ryan Young – Jul 03, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Erich Anderer, MD?
My daughter got hit by a car and I saw the doctors were a little worried about the trauma my daughter was going through I was worried about the hospital cause I thought it was still Lutheran not knowing it is NYU a great place to be now .I was Looking to transport my daughter to Manhattan Because I thought she would have been cared for better And they say Manhattan is always better when I saw Dr. Anderer It was A sense of hope Security and comfort he rest assured me my daughter is in good hands .The staff was wonderful he perform the surgery my daughter and I cannot be more than satisfied 100% with the results The doctor and his staff have such great bedside manner’s he’s a very smart knowledgeable and caring Dr we are very satisfied. We are so happy he was sent to us I couldn’t do it without him he was very comforting thank you Dr Anderer for making My daughters surgery a success....
  • Long wait times
Amal Jackie Aslan Spero – Jan 15, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Erich Anderer, MD?
Dr. Anderer did microdiscetomy surgery for my L4-L5 disc on mine lower back. So I am 6 months post op. I feel great. My recovery was okay, but I was going through bad days. That's completely normal. When I am all day on my feet or I work a little more I get some pain in my leg, but can't compare that with pain before. Now is much much less. After this surgery is very important how you recover. Listen to your body and it will tell you how much you can do. I am so so happy that Dr. Anderer was my doctor and I am noticing big difference day by day. Back is very delicate, but with good recovery and positive mind you can feel better. Thank you Dr. Anderer. I want to highly recommend this doctor! ??
Nov 11, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Erich Anderer, MD?
Dr. Anderer operated on my cervical spine, putting hardware & doing a fusion. I was almost paralyzed before surgery, I have full use of both arms/hands now. I believe I've needed Lumbar surgery since last July, but had to cancel appt as my Mom died. Than I got pneumonia three times since Oct. and if I need to go to the ER from Staten Island (as I can barely walk now) I'd do it just to be sure I'm under his care. I hope to see him asap after Labor Day. I'd follow him anywhere (I live in Staten Island) for the excellent professional, patient, honest, courtesy I experienced with him.
Lorraine B. Katzberg – Sep 01, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Erich Anderer, MD?
Dr. Anderer reviewed my history and offered two plans of action to address the damage to my lower back. With his calm and professional demeanor I knew I was in good hands. From Dr. Anderer's senior staff I met Donna who was the second point of contact to initiate my case to all that I would need for pre-op, date of surgery, forms, etc. She was charming, knowledgable, and followed up on my calls/emails. I experienced the very same level of elite professional service from Angelica who was my initial contact. I am of the opinion that Dr. Anderer sets the bar of excellence in the field of practicing medicine. Most notabley Neurosurgery and his amazing surgery team! I am a firm believer that greatness stems from the top and stands as a barometer for par excellence. Dr. Anderer comes highly reccomended. He stands as a fine and outstanding ambassador of outstanding medical care. NYU Langone should provide him and his staff with all due consideration!
Ms. Nichols in Brooklyn, NY – Aug 27, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Erich Anderer, MD?
Dr Anderer was the surgeon for my L5-S1 Microdiscectomy. He was patient, explained everything thoroughly and made me feel as comfortable as possible throughout the process. I can't express enough gratitude for his professionalism, and would highly recommend him to anyone dealing with similar issues.
Larry Salamone – Aug 03, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Erich Anderer, MD?
Dr. Anderer performed an L5S1 microdiscectomy on me 2 weeks ago. Both he and his team were informative, incredibly nice and caring and I'm so grateful for that. I can't imagine a better experience with a surgeon. He didn't rush me to surgery and when it became apparent that I needed it, he made it as easy as possible. I almost immediately felt better. I highly recommend Dr. Anderer!
Will – Jul 21, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Erich Anderer, MD?
Just had ACDF C 5-7 with Dr. Anderer and I am finally pain free! He was encouraging and supportive...answered all my questions. He has a fantastic reputation in the medical field...everyone who heard his name said that was the guy to have back surgery with.
Brooklyn, NY – Jun 19, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Erich Anderer, MD?
great doctor, had 2 surgeries done by him. I will recommend him to everyone. 5 stars all the way.
al sku. in NY, NY – Jun 12, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Erich Anderer, MD?
Explains everything clearly. Made me feel very comfortable.
Apr 03, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Erich Anderer, MD?
Dr.Anderer is a miracle worker, a kind doctor and has a great bedside mannar.My husband had a herniated bulging disc at L4 and 5 .My husband couldn't sit down ,he couldn't function at all ,he stopped working .After 4 epidural injections not working we found dr.Anderer who recommended a inadvasive surgery .My husband had the surgery on April 4th of this year and today he is living his best life. Dr.Anderer saved my husbands life he has hands of gold and I highly recommend this genius of a doctor
Debra Colavito in Brooklyn, NY – Nov 08, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Erich Anderer, MD?
Dr.Anderer recently performed my surgery and I am so happy to say it went perfectly, and I am finally pain free. In fact I was pain free starting from the moment I woke up from anesthesia. Hands down, absolutely the best medical experience ever, from the first consultation appointment to seeing him after surgery. He is an excellent doctor who was highly recommended. I truly feel so lucky, blesses and beyond grateful that he was my surgeon.
Elena Grigorovich in New York, NY – Jun 27, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Erich Anderer, MD?
Incredible Doctor! Couldn’t recommend him more! He is everything that comes to mind when you hear “neurosurgeon”. Brilliant man and amazing human being!
Alexandra Tarygina in Brooklyn , NY – Jun 15, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Erich Anderer, MD?
It was a pleasure to have Dr. Anderer perform our daughter’s surgery. He knew I had multiple questions and I was more anxious than our daughter, but he professionally provided information that calmed my fears. His confidence in his ability to perform the surgery gave my husband and I reassurance that everything would be perfectly fine. We were confident enough that we headed back home to Houston after 3 days. He has given me confidence in practitioners outside of the Houston’s Medical Center.
Houston, Texas – May 17, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Erich Anderer, MD?
Dr. Anderer is the best doctor, let alone neurosurgeon, hands down! I went to go see multiple specialists after a ski accident left me with numbness and loss of feeling in arm/hand. Dr. A. looked at the MRI and saw what others had missed, a bone fragment impeding my nerve canal in my C6/7 vertebrae. He gave me multiple options and agreed to move forward with surgery a week later. Immediately after surgery, numbness gone and full feeling regained! I would recommend Dr. A. to anyone.
Justin B in New York – May 01, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Erich Anderer, MD?
Great surgeon! Dr. Anderer knows his stuff and is very friendly and informative. For two years I suffered with cervical myelopathy which previous neurologist failed to tell me I had. He perform surgery on me March 19th with hardly no pain and two weeks later I'm feeling great and the tiredness in my legs is gone. This is the guy is you go to if you need spinal surgery he is by far the best. I love him!
John Sandor in BROOKLYN – Apr 05, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Erich Anderer, MD?
Visiting Dr. Anderer and letting him treat my disc herniation was the best decision I could have made. Many believed I wouldn't return to my normal way of life but that has changed thanks to the amazing work of Dr. Anderer. I am two weeks post OP and feel like my life has returned to what it was prior to the herniation. I highly recommend Dr. Anderer!
Lucas – Feb 15, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Erich Anderer, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Anderer?

No malpractice claims found for New York

Check Dr. Anderer's experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Anderer's Top Procedures and Conditions

Radiculopathy (Not Due to Disc Displacement)
high
high

Dr. Anderer treats Radiculopathy (Not Due to Disc Displacement) more than 92% of his peers

Dr. Anderer treats this condition more than 92% of his peers

Rating Includes other areas of care:

• Brachial Neuritis
  • Polyneuritis
  • Radiculitis
  • Ulnar Neuritis
  • Vestibular Neuritis
Hide other areas of care
Herniated Disc

Dr. Anderer treats Herniated Disc more than 84% of his peers

Dr. Anderer treats this condition more than 84% of his peers

Lumbar Spine Fracture

Dr. Anderer treats Lumbar Spine Fracture more than 83% of his peers

Dr. Anderer treats this condition more than 83% of his peers

Dr. Anderer's conditions and procedures:

• Aneurysm
  • Arteriovenous Malformation (AVM)
  • Arteriovenous Malformation (AVM) Brain
  • Brain Aneurysm
  • Brain Cancer
  • Brain Surgery
  • Broken Neck
  • Cauda Equina Syndrome
  • Cerebral Hemorrhage
  • Cerebrospinal Fluid (CSF) Shunt - Insertion, Repair or Removal
  • Cerebrospinal Fluid Leak (CSF Leak)
  • Cerebrovascular Disease
  • Chiari Malformation Type 1
  • Chiari's Deformity
  • Chordoma
  • Cranial Trauma
  • Craniectomy, Craniotomy, Surgery of Skull Base, Neuroendoscopy
  • Dural Repair or Other Spinal Cord Repair
  • Epidural Lysis of Adhesions (LOA)
  • Herniated Disc Surgery
  • Hydrocephalus
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Lumbar Spine Fracture
  • Meningiomas
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Normal Pressure Hydrocephalus
  • Thoracic Spine Fracture
  • Thoracic Spine Myelopathy
  • Torticollis
  • Traumatic Brain Injury

Dr. Anderer accepts most major insurance plans.

Dr. Anderer has indicated that he accepts most major insurance carriers

(347) 506-2877Find providers who accept this insurance