Neurosurgery  |
Male
Dr. Erich Anderer, MD
Dr. Erich Anderer, MD is a neurosurgery doctor who practices in Brooklyn, NY. Dr. Anderer is affiliated with NYU Langone Medical Center and Lutheran Medical Center.

NYU Lutheran Medical Arts Pavilion

8714 5th Ave

Brooklyn, NY 11209

Dr. Erich Anderer, MD

• Accepts most major Health Plans. Please contact our office for details.

Learn about Dr. Anderer

Dr. Anderer's Experience

Dr. Anderer's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Neurosurgery

• Burkitt's Lymphoma
  • Central Nervous System Lymphoma
  • Cerebral Hemorrhage
  • Cerebral Vascular Disease
  • Cerebrospinal Fluid Leak (CSF Leak)
  • Cerebrovascular Disease
  • Hip Fracture
  • Hip Pointer Injuries
  • Hydrocephalus
  • Idiopathic Intracranial Hypertension
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Lumbar Spinal Stenosis
  • Lumbar Spine Fracture
  • Meningiomas
  • Neck Strain (incl. Whiplash Injury)
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Nerve Sheath Tumors

• Dural Repair or Other Spinal Cord Repair
  • Epidural Block, Facet Blocks
  • Herniated Disc Surgery
  • Kyphoplasty, Percutaneous
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Low Back Procedure
  • Spinal Cord Stimulation
  • Spinal Fusion
  • Spinal Reconstructive Surgery for Deformities
  • Spine Fracture Treatment

No malpractice history found for New York.

• Columbia University / College Of Physicians and Surgeons
    Undergraduate School | Graduated
  • Columbia University College Of Physicians and Surgeons
    Medical School | Graduated
    Internship Hospital | Completed
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed

Dr. Anderer has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Anderer does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Anderer and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Anderer's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Anderer to family and friends
Dr. Anderer's Performance
Red Bank, NJ |
Dr. Anderer is such a competent and skillful surgeon. I have suffered from extreme pain in my left leg for over four years. I had surgery last year by another Doctor, and it resulted in no improvement at all. Two weeks ago Dr. Anderer performed surgery, and now, for the first time in four years I am pain free. I would recommend Dr. Anderer to anyone who is in need of surgery to eliminate back or leg pain. He is a true gentleman.
in Staten Island |
I can say from personal experience, that this has to be the best doctor that I have ever dealt with. From the time I met him in his Brooklyn office to after my surgery, Dr. Erich Anderer took time and patience to explain exactly what was going on with me. I was so scared of having surgery in the begining, i was looking for a way out. I knew my only hope was a laminectomy. I am pain free now, and i can go back to work. I have strongly recommended several friends to Dr. Anderer to live pain free.
Brooklyn, NY |
I have to thank Dr. Anderer for literary giving me my life back. He performed anterior cervical discectomy and fusion on April 19th, 2017 and I am pain free today two weeks after surgery. His beside manner is amazing, Everything you would want in a doctor. His staff is just as incredible. I would Highly recommend Dr. Erich Anderer to everyone that needs a Neurosurgeon.. Thank you Dr. Anderer!! Sincerely, Pamela Pizzo
in Brooklyn, NY |
impossible to reach him, I dialed that number which led me to lutheran answering the phone, gave me another number, which ended up giving me the original number i dialed in the first place.Heard nothing but good things about this doctor.Just called 310-299-8372, the number they texted me, recording gave another phone number to call, she was so fast, i didn't have a chance to get my pen, Thanked me and hung up, Am I on practical jokers or candid camera or some thing like that,
in Brooklyn, NY |
I was home for the snowstorm and saw the commercial where the guy says that his whole life changed for the better after his surgery, and it struck a chord with me. Dr Anderer operated on me May 2012 for spinal stenosis and it completely changed my life. I always had pain and could never stand up straight, now I have a no pain and a normal posture and happiness. Just wanted to thank Doctor Anderer for his outstanding care.
in Brooklyn NY |
I was diagnosed with severe lumbar spinal stenosis. I was out of work for 3 months i couldn't stand or sit for more than 3 mins i even got severe pain while lying down. I got 2 epidural steroid injections from pain management in my neighborhood and that didn't work. Pain management then decided i should do surgery and that is when i meet Dr Anderer. He did my lumbar spinal stenosis surgery and i'm feeling better than ever. He is not only a doctor but a miracle worker. June Ann Bettencourt.
in Rockaway Park, NY |
I want to thank Dr. Anderer and his staff for a pleasant and successfulexperience. Scheduling appointments were without delay. My phone calls were returned in a timely manner. Dr. Anderer was professional, caring and knowledgable about my condition and completely explained what I was to expect from the surgery including the risks. Dr. Anderer was confident that I would have a complete recovery, which I did. I again want to offer my appreciation to Dr. Anderer and would highly recommend him.
in Saugerties , NY |
Dr Anderer has both a god bedside Manor as well as a steady hand. Before agreeing to or even suggesting surgery, he added an assdditional layer of tests just to be certain of his hunch. He was right and surgery was scheduled for the following week. Subsequent to the proceedure I am pain free and am able to go on with my life. Considering lumbar spine in the future.
in Brooklyn, NY |
My first visit with Dr. Anderer was at Maimonides Hospital, I was so impressed with the care and time he spend with me. I was so happy to have found him, today was my second visit with him and for the first time in three years I feel that I will get answers to what is happening with me. You don't come across to many doctors today that will sit and really listen to your concerns and help you find the answers. Thank You
in Staten Island, NY |
I saw Dr. Anderer about a year ago for bad upper back pain. He had me come into his office, which I thought was wierd because usually most doctors examine you in another room. Anyway, he had me bend down to have his resident look at my spine, while he sat behind his desk. He brushed off my pain as "a muscle spasm," which I definitely knew it wasn't. Well here I am one year later l, and I went to another doctor, who ordered back Xrays like any good Dr. It turns out I have a bad degenerating spine
in Cedarhurst, NY |
To making a long story short, everything about my experience with Dr. Anderer was top notch A+ 100%. I will be scheduling a long over due surgery on my L4/L5 (micro discectomy) and after speak to many surgeons and specialists, he is the only one I trust and have complete faith in. Would recommend him over any other doctor!
in Brooklyn, NY |
Performed dual level acdf, I was in serious risk of being paralyzed so a lot was on the line. To get to the point, courteous, caring and understanding.
in Brooklyn NY |
I was having serious pain in my back. The 1st time I went to Dr. Anderer he said surgery wasn't called for at this time. I was surprised he wasn't grabbing at chance to make money! My condition worsened & he agreed it was time for surgery!He spoke to my daughter and I before the surgery,he spoke to her after, then both in my room.He gave her his cell nbr.if she had questions over the weekend.He and support staff let me know everything they were doing when I developed complications.
in Staten Island, NY |
My husband needed spinal surgery on the neck and being a nurse, i was very nervous but Dr. Anderer took the time to explain the procedure, how long it would take, OR time and recovery time. I was amazed because the surgery time lasted as he told us. My husband was awake right away. I also expected 2 incisions on the neck but it was only one. My husband went home the next day. The whole staff of Maimonides Medical Center treated me and my husband with outmost consideration and respect.
in Brooklyn, NY |
By far one of the best Doctor I've in counter Dr. Anderer was on point with what needed to be done and was very successful with the outcome I feel a hundred times better even after the surgery I felt a huge difference from what I had been feeling....Thank You Dr. Anderer and as for his staff and colleagues THANK YOU for the easy process
in Brooklyn, NY |
i have been under dr anderer's care for over two years finally leading to pituitary tumor surgery 3 weeks ago. i cannot recommend him enough. he is not in a rush to perform surgery if the situation does not warrant so. i found him to be considerate to my needs and concerns. he is communicative and very clear in his explanations. i had a very good surgery, as far as surgeries go, with a short recovery period. i always felt myself to be in good hands.
Have you seen Dr. Erich Anderer, MD?
Are you Dr. Anderer?

See our Neurosurgery Specialist at NewYork-Presbyterian/Queens

Visit Dr. Anderer

Dr. Anderer accepts 2 insurance carriers
  • Accepts most major Health Plans. Please contact our office for details.

Hospitals where Dr. Anderer has admitting privileges