Dr. Erich Anderer, MD

NeurosurgeryMaleAge 46

Neurosurgery

Dr. Erich Anderer, MD is a Neurosurgery Specialist in Brooklyn, NY. He is affiliated with medical facilities such as Maimonides Medical Center and NYU Langone Health Tisch Hospital. His office accepts new patients and telehealth appointments.

Dr. Erich Anderer, MD

NYU Langone Brooklyn Medical Arts Pavilion

8714 5TH AVE Brooklyn, NY 11209 ()
Telehealth services available

Telehealth available

Compare with other Neurosurgery Specialists

Compare Dr. Anderer with our nearby Neurosurgery Specialists at New York - Presbyterian.

Make an appointment at New York - Presbyterian today at (718) 355-9439.

Filter by
Provider Ratings

These providers are on the medical staff of New York - Presbyterian.

Dr. Anderer's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Anderer

Dr. Anderer

Compassionate, empathetic, expert
My family and I are so grateful for the care and services I received from Dr Anderer. After being practically bedridden due to a herniated disc in my neck (which was pinching a nerve to my arm, making that almost impossible to use as well) I knew the only path forward was surgery. Not only was the surgery perfect, but the pre/post consultation with him couldn't have settled me in any better. He answered my very specific questions, was patient with me and my wife as we talked things out between us, and just talked to us human to human. Getting the straight facts on the procedure, what to expect, what the potential points of failure are, how often its done, how LONG they've been doing my exact procedure...that knowledge, and empathetic conversation just put us at ease. (which in turn put our 5 year old son at ease you know?) Cant thank him enough. Also his colleague Rachel did ALL the heavy lifting on the insurance side which was just SUCH a gamechanger on that side of things.
The Esposito's – Mar 25, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Erich Anderer, MD?
When I was referred to Dr. Erich Anderer and from the first min we met I found such a great Doctor, he answer all my questions, able to discuss surgery and found the best solution for the best my health feeling safe. I did the surgery in the lower back and all went very well. Im really great full to Dr. Anderer for all his efforts and the stuff.
  • Long wait times
Ghassan masoud – Mar 13, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Erich Anderer, MD?
Hello, I am Toufiq Bargach, I warmly thank Doctor Erich Anderer for the work he has done to save me from the intense and continuous pain and psychological stress due to the radical change in my life following this illness. Struggling to stand and not being able to walk more than 20-25 meters, then feeling numbness in my legs to such an extent that a tremendous weight until I lost my balance causing me to struggle and sit down to rest immediately. I saw several specialist neurosurgeons, but Doctor Erich Anderer who gave me the necessary time to explain my pain and convince me to operate by giving me the necessary guarantees of healing and making me forget the nightmares of risks disabilities that I imagine. Now, 2 weeks post surgery i am already able to stand and walk without pain. I want to thank doctor Anderer and all the staff for taking care and following up with me.
Feb 10, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Erich Anderer, MD?
GO ELSEWHERE. I was seen by his assistant who typed my chief complaints into the computer. About 20 minutes of me talking and answering questions The doctor walks inn and tells me that I have no medical issues that require his expertise. Mind you neither him or his assistant conducted a thorough exam of me. No medical tools were used to measure my range of motion and no tests were conducted to test reflexes. He simply walked inn and dismissed me. I have since seen another doctor who is highly recommended and well known in the field. That doctors staff conducted a thorough exam and the doctor also examined me thoroughly after his own staff. With the new doctor it was recommended that 2 surgeries were necessary for me to have a somewhat normal routine again. I have since had those surgeries and am feeling better than I did prior to the surgeries. I do not know why Dr Anderer treated me that way or what kind of specific conditions he is willing to operate on.
Disappointed Patient – Jan 19, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Erich Anderer, MD?
Dr. Anderer is FANTASTIC. I had an L4/5 spondylolisthesis transforaminal complete discectomey and interbody fusion. Dr. Anderer explained the process in depth, answered ALL my questions and gave me all the post-op information I would need. He left no stone unturned. After surgery, he and his office was available for questions 24/7. I would HIGHLY recommend him, his staff (Donna). His expertise is second to none.
Arlene – Nov 04, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Erich Anderer, MD?
Had a Lymphoma removal procedure from a tricky area (top of spine -neck -head) . Dr Anderer did an amazing job, literally in and out same day, it’s healing amazing and seems that I won’t need any plastic surgeon work for the scar. He explained things clearly, no bs, kindly and his staff was great as well. Definitely recommend him as a Neurosurgeon!
Idan Raz – Aug 02, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Erich Anderer, MD?
When I was referred to Dr. Erich Anderer I was told that he does not do unnecessary surgery, and was further encouraged when I read his many positive reviews and when I read about his research and interest in spinal health and yoga. Dr. Anderer is professional and kind, and able to discuss surgery using lay terminology. Dr. Anderer and his staff and the hospital staff were always approachable and helpful. I went home two days after surgery, and had recovered enough to return to work just over two weeks later. I can recommend Dr. Anderer with great confidence.
Jeanine – Jan 21, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Erich Anderer, MD?
In 2019 an MRI confirmed I had a herniated disc (C5/C6) & a pinched nerve in my lower neck. I tried pain management; three epidurals & intense PT but nothing seemed to work. So I finally decided to explore surgery & luckily found Dr. Erich Anderer. During the initial consult, he was extremely thorough & spoke in layman’s terms, which was very helpful. Dr. Anderer took the time to listen & address my questions & concerns regarding surgery. My biggest fear was that fusion would limit my movement but Dr. Anderer assured me that I would not lose any mobility. After meeting with Dr. Anderer, I was so impressed by his knowledge, professionalism, & confidence that I booked my surgery for the next available date. On Monday, 11/30, Dr. Anderer performed an anterior cervical discectomy with fusion & instrumentation. The surgery was a complete success. I am now four weeks post op & I feel like a new person. I’m so glad that I did my research & found Dr. Anderer. He is truly one of a kind.
Andrew Hecht – Dec 27, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Erich Anderer, MD?
I went to see Dr. Anderer for herniated disc between C-5 and C-6. For two years prior I had done physical therapy, cortisone shots, cervical traction etc. nothing helped. Being nervous to do a surgery I went to meet with Dr. Anderer. Right from the beginning he made me feel comfortable and explained all my options very clearly, with me ultimately going with a disc replacement. I could not have felt more confident and in safe hands than with Dr. Anderer and his staff including Alexa Maestrone the NP at the office, they were remarkably welcoming and helpful before and after the surgery which they scheduled in a very timely manner. The pain that would travel down my arm was gone almost instantly after the surgery was complete. Already recommended him and will continue to do so in the future.
Jul 21, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Erich Anderer, MD?
I was referred to Dr. Anderer after an MRI identified a spinal tumor that explained why I was losing my ability to walk. Dr Anderer office arranged a visit right away after my tumor was identified. Dr. Anderer was honest and direct that surgery was the best course of action as soon as possible to avoid potential long term permanent disability. I am a man in 40s who had gone from walking without device to fear to ambulate w/o a wheelchair in a few months. Dr Anderer let it be known that this was my decision so I did not feel pressured into an operation that was my first one ever. I trusted his diagnosis, appreciated his candor and ultimately his expertise in completing this necessary operation right away. The Hospital and than rehab staff were wonderful. NYU Langone was the way to go and Dr Anderer's expertise and skill was the cure for what ailed me. I am just beginning my post hospital/rehab recovery but I thank Dr Anderer and his staff with getting me literally back on my feet!
Ryan Young – Jul 03, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Erich Anderer, MD?
My daughter got hit by a car and I saw the doctors were a little worried about the trauma my daughter was going through I was worried about the hospital cause I thought it was still Lutheran not knowing it is NYU a great place to be now .I was Looking to transport my daughter to Manhattan Because I thought she would have been cared for better And they say Manhattan is always better when I saw Dr. Anderer It was A sense of hope Security and comfort he rest assured me my daughter is in good hands .The staff was wonderful he perform the surgery my daughter and I cannot be more than satisfied 100% with the results The doctor and his staff have such great bedside manner’s he’s a very smart knowledgeable and caring Dr we are very satisfied. We are so happy he was sent to us I couldn’t do it without him he was very comforting thank you Dr Anderer for making My daughters surgery a success....
  • Long wait times
Amal Jackie Aslan Spero – Jan 15, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Erich Anderer, MD?
Dr. Anderer did microdiscetomy surgery for my L4-L5 disc on mine lower back. So I am 6 months post op. I feel great. My recovery was okay, but I was going through bad days. That's completely normal. When I am all day on my feet or I work a little more I get some pain in my leg, but can't compare that with pain before. Now is much much less. After this surgery is very important how you recover. Listen to your body and it will tell you how much you can do. I am so so happy that Dr. Anderer was my doctor and I am noticing big difference day by day. Back is very delicate, but with good recovery and positive mind you can feel better. Thank you Dr. Anderer. I want to highly recommend this doctor! ??
Nov 11, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Erich Anderer, MD?
Dr. Anderer operated on my cervical spine, putting hardware & doing a fusion. I was almost paralyzed before surgery, I have full use of both arms/hands now. I believe I've needed Lumbar surgery since last July, but had to cancel appt as my Mom died. Than I got pneumonia three times since Oct. and if I need to go to the ER from Staten Island (as I can barely walk now) I'd do it just to be sure I'm under his care. I hope to see him asap after Labor Day. I'd follow him anywhere (I live in Staten Island) for the excellent professional, patient, honest, courtesy I experienced with him.
Lorraine B. Katzberg – Sep 01, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Erich Anderer, MD?
Dr. Anderer reviewed my history and offered two plans of action to address the damage to my lower back. With his calm and professional demeanor I knew I was in good hands. From Dr. Anderer's senior staff I met Donna who was the second point of contact to initiate my case to all that I would need for pre-op, date of surgery, forms, etc. She was charming, knowledgable, and followed up on my calls/emails. I experienced the very same level of elite professional service from Angelica who was my initial contact. I am of the opinion that Dr. Anderer sets the bar of excellence in the field of practicing medicine. Most notabley Neurosurgery and his amazing surgery team! I am a firm believer that greatness stems from the top and stands as a barometer for par excellence. Dr. Anderer comes highly reccomended. He stands as a fine and outstanding ambassador of outstanding medical care. NYU Langone should provide him and his staff with all due consideration!
Ms. Nichols in Brooklyn, NY – Aug 27, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Erich Anderer, MD?
Dr Anderer was the surgeon for my L5-S1 Microdiscectomy. He was patient, explained everything thoroughly and made me feel as comfortable as possible throughout the process. I can't express enough gratitude for his professionalism, and would highly recommend him to anyone dealing with similar issues.
Larry Salamone – Aug 03, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Erich Anderer, MD?
Dr. Anderer performed an L5S1 microdiscectomy on me 2 weeks ago. Both he and his team were informative, incredibly nice and caring and I'm so grateful for that. I can't imagine a better experience with a surgeon. He didn't rush me to surgery and when it became apparent that I needed it, he made it as easy as possible. I almost immediately felt better. I highly recommend Dr. Anderer!
Will – Jul 21, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Erich Anderer, MD?
Just had ACDF C 5-7 with Dr. Anderer and I am finally pain free! He was encouraging and supportive...answered all my questions. He has a fantastic reputation in the medical field...everyone who heard his name said that was the guy to have back surgery with.
Brooklyn, NY – Jun 19, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Erich Anderer, MD?
great doctor, had 2 surgeries done by him. I will recommend him to everyone. 5 stars all the way.
al sku. in NY, NY – Jun 12, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Erich Anderer, MD?
Explains everything clearly. Made me feel very comfortable.
Apr 03, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Erich Anderer, MD?
Dr.Anderer is a miracle worker, a kind doctor and has a great bedside mannar.My husband had a herniated bulging disc at L4 and 5 .My husband couldn't sit down ,he couldn't function at all ,he stopped working .After 4 epidural injections not working we found dr.Anderer who recommended a inadvasive surgery .My husband had the surgery on April 4th of this year and today he is living his best life. Dr.Anderer saved my husbands life he has hands of gold and I highly recommend this genius of a doctor
Debra Colavito in Brooklyn, NY – Nov 08, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Erich Anderer, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Anderer?