Dr. Erica Taylor, MD

Orthopedic Hand Surgery | Female

Duke Orthopaedics Of Raleigh 3480 Wake Forest Rd Ste 204 Raleigh, NC 27609 Get Directions
Dr. Erica Taylor, MD
Dr. Erica Taylor, MD is an orthopedic hand surgery doctor who practices in Raleigh, NC. She is 36 years old and has been practicing for 11 years. Dr. Taylor is affiliated with Duke Health Raleigh Hospital.

Dr. Taylor's Care Philosophy

I see a wide variety of patients including those with hand wrist forearm and elbow injuries. I also see those with chronic problems stemming from overuse. I enjoy meeting people from different backgrounds and the creativity and technical skill involved in surgery. My approach to care involves trying to understand the patients lifestyle needs and working to restore their quality life. I am very passionate about what I do and I try to make sure my patients feel that passion as well. I grew up in a family with many professional football players. When I was 15 years old I decided to become an orthopaedic surgeon so I could help athletes like those in my family. However Ive realized that I enjoy the diversity that seeing all different types of patients brings to my day. In addition to being a diehard professional football fan I spend time with my husband and children and enjoy fitness and traveling.

Dr. Taylor's Experience

See how Dr. Taylor's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Taylor

Dr. Taylor accepts 7 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Taylor has admitting privileges.

Dr. Taylor's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Taylor to family and friends
2.6
Dr. Taylor's Performance
Raleigh, NC |
Dr. Taylor's video on the Duke Health website emphasized concern about quality of life. In person, she was indifferent, completely without empathy. I expected the arthritis diagnosis but I was still devastated. She didn't notice. I asked her if progression could be slowed. Her answer was like: nope, you've got arthritis, you're old, get over it, come see me when the pain is unbearable and I'll give you a cortisone shot. Never asked me ANYTHING about myself. Didn't care. I do NOT recommend!
Raleigh NC |
Top notch hand surgeon. Wonderful bedside manner. She did a fusion of my finger and later a joint replacement for me and I am able to live my older years without pain. Cared for me throughout the entire process. Have referred my friends to her. Nice to see a change in the typical surgery experience.
Raleigh, NC |
Thumb joint replacement a year ago and I have more pain now than before surgery. She didn't do a very good job and I have less use of my thumb now than before. Please review your options before you make a selection of the physician.
Have you seen Dr. Erica Taylor, MD?
Are you Dr. Taylor?

Compare Dr. Taylor

Dr. Taylor's Care Philosophy

Dr. Taylor's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Orthopedic Hand Surgery
  •  No board certification on record with Healthgrades

No malpractice history found for North Carolina.

• Arthritis of the Elbow
  • Broken Arm
  • Complications of Joint Prosthesis
  • De Quervain's Disease
  • Dupuytren's Contracture
  • Fracture of Hand (incl. Fingers)
  • Ganglion Cyst
  • Gout
  • Hand Fracture
  • Hip Fracture
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Non-Unions and Malunions of Fractures

University Of Virginia Health System

Completed in 2012

Cleveland Clinic

Completed in 2013

Dr. Taylor does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Taylor and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Orthopedic Hand Surgery