Dr. Erica Taylor, MD

Dr. Erica Taylor, MD

Orthopedic Hand Surgery  ·
Female  ·
Dr. Erica Taylor, MD is an orthopedic hand surgery specialist in Raleigh, NC and has been practicing for 5 years. She graduated from Duke University School Of Medicine in 2006 and specializes in orthopedic hand surgery.

3480 Wake Forest Rd Ste 204

Raleigh, NC 27609

• Optima Health

Learn about Dr. Taylor

See how frequently Dr. Taylor performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Carpal Tunnel Release
Wrist Replacement
Carpal Tunnel Syndrome

Dr. Taylor's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

This content was provided by Dr. Taylor "I see a wide variety of patients including those with hand wrist forearm and elbow injuries. I also see those with chronic problems stemming from overuse. I enjoy meeting people from different backgrounds and the creativity and technical skill involved in surgery. My approach to care involves trying to understand the patients lifestyle needs and working to restore their quality life. I am very passionate about what I do and I try to make sure my patients feel that passion as well. I grew up in a family with many professional football players. When I was 15 years old I decided to become an orthopaedic surgeon so I could help athletes like those in my family. However Ive realized that I enjoy the diversity that seeing all different types of patients brings to my day. In addition to being a diehard professional football fan I spend time with my husband and children and enjoy fitness and traveling."

• Orthopedic Hand Surgery

Dr. Taylor does not have any board certifications listed.

• Arm Surgery
  • Hand and Wrist Fracture Treatment, Open
  • Hand or Wrist Tendon Transfer
  • Trigger Finger Release
  • Wrist Replacement

No malpractice history found for North Carolina.

• Duke University School Of Medicine
    Medical School | Graduated 2006
  • University Of Virginia Health System
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2012
  • Cleveland Clinic
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2013

Dr. Taylor has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Taylor has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Taylor does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Taylor and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Taylor's Reviews

3.3
Likelihood of recommending Dr. Taylor to family and friends

Dr. Taylor's Performance

GOOD

Excellent, knowledgeable and explained issues clearly and comfortably. Dr Taylor took her time to carefully explain my symptoms and gave me as much time as I wanted to ask questions, and I had a lot.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option
Dr. Taylor's video on the Duke Health website emphasized concern about quality of life. In person, she was indifferent, completely without empathy. I expected the arthritis diagnosis but I was still devastated. She didn't notice. I asked her if progression could be slowed. Her answer was like: ...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option
Top notch hand surgeon. Wonderful bedside manner. She did a fusion of my finger and later a joint replacement for me and I am able to live my older years without pain. Cared for me throughout the entire process. Have referred my friends to her. Nice to see a change in the typical surgery...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option
Thumb joint replacement a year ago and I have more pain now than before surgery. She didn't do a very good job and I have less use of my thumb now than before. Please review your options before you make a selection of the physician.
Are you Dr. Taylor?