Dr. Erica Hightower, MD

Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism •  Female • Age 43

Telehealth services available

Dr. Erica Hightower, MD is a Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism Specialist in Houston, TX and has over 16 years of experience in the medical field. Dr. Hightower has more experience with Diabetes than other specialists in her area. She graduated from U Of Tx Med Sch At Houston medical school in 2004. She is affiliated with HCA Houston Healthcare North Cypress. She is accepting new patients and has indicated that she accepts telehealth appointments. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Hightower to book an appointment.

Diabetes Texas

4.761904761904762%
4.761904761904762%

Dr. Hightower?
What People Say About Dr. Erica Hightower, MD
A Very Positive Experience in that Dr. Hightower listened to my concerns and laid out an easy to understand and follow plan. The office and staff are well equipped to care for my diabetic needs.
Griggs – May 10, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Erica Hightower, MD?
First off, let me begin by saying Dr. Hightower is truly one of a kind in her field! What an absolute delightful physician. Now this heartfelt review concerns Sarah, their so called “receptionist” who should be replaced as quickly as possible. What an entitled acting young lady! Very unprofessional when dealing with elderly (honestly anyone) clients, nor does she seem competent for this particular busy office. Her office skills are non-existent. What were they thinking?
Feb 19, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Erica Hightower, MD?
Most visits have been with PA or educators. They have done a good job. Time with Hightower has been limited, but recomendations have been good. Have had significant problems with staff with returning phone calls for appointments, questions concerning medications, timely responses to medication refills from pharmacy, coordination of test results and patient care with other physicans. Have been calling for past two weeks to try to set up an appointment.
Shirley – Sep 07, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Erica Hightower, MD?
She's the best! I mean that literally. I've been a type 1 diabetic for 34 years now and have found no better endocrinologist. She is very knowledgeable, stays up to date on the latest treatments, is friendly, caring, timely, and always helpful with her treatment suggestions.
Randy in Houston, TX – May 21, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Erica Hightower, MD?
She has helped to turn my life around! Gotten me off medications and helped me to lose a substantial amount of weight by getting me on correct medications and off others. She really takes time to listen to what you’re going through. The staff is amazing too. I love that I can do all my blood work in the same place.
Mary “Denise” Zientek in Houston, TX – May 09, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Erica Hightower, MD?
I can't say I had any real helpful advice or instruction. Mainly just told that my numbers were good, I didn't need to test as often, and to come back in six months. Nearly all elements of their operation fail to provide. I spent much more of my time waiting for staff to complete tasks (sometimes never done) than I spent talking with her or her dietician. I had an appointment to see Dr. Hightower. They couldn't requisition the blood work at all due to their lackadaisical manner. Because I didn't know when I would be able to be in Houston again, I had to cancel my appointment. They had insisted I bring in previous records initially, and it took them an hour to copy them into their system. So I thought I'd go ahead and see her even though I no longer live around Houston. What a time waster from every aspect of their (non) operation. They really know how to push your buttons with seemingly passive aggressive means. It makes you wonder what's wrong with them! And that corny theme... Please
May 07, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Erica Hightower, MD?
Office staff is very unprofessional scheduling lunch in front of a patient I missed an appt in nov 2017, tried in dec, jan, feb to get another appt and got march 6 2018. They refused to refill my meds as office policy i must be seen within 3 mos. I was irate, so admin Jeannette sd they had a cancellation and could see me that Thurs but because i was soo mad 2 hours later i get a call cancelling my appt and referring me to another dr to start all over!!! A vet is better than her.....
Sherry Vera in HOUSTON – Feb 13, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Erica Hightower, MD?
After several years seeing other doctors, I met with Dr. Hightower. It was the most informative session about my diabetes that I have experienced since my initial diagnosis back in 2006 by another doctor. She suggested a new and very different approach to my diabetes and it seems to be working. She is extremely pleasant to talk with. And her support staff is very good. The Diabetes Counselor, Brooke, was also a tremendous source of information.
Mike Tilotta in Houston, TX – Sep 05, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Erica Hightower, MD?
At last someone who would listen to me and answered my questions as well as providing solutions to my problems. The plan of care was communicated effectively and everything is working and I am feeling human again.
Sue in Houston, TX – May 03, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Erica Hightower, MD?
Dr. Hightower listens to her patients and always goes the extra mile to ensure all questions are answered. She is friendly, trustworthy and provides excellent care. You won't find better!
Houston, TX – Feb 23, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Erica Hightower, MD?
She is very easy to talk with about diabetes and great at reviewing your options. She is concerned with establishing a workable solution to improving your health. You are given a full range of information and options. Wait times are very reasonable.
Houston, TX – Feb 07, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Erica Hightower, MD?
Shortly after going to Dr. Hightower my diabetes and other metabolic problems were under control. My cholesterol, thyroid and diabetes were under control for the first time in years. I would recommend anyone who is having diabetic related problems to setup an appointment and examination.
Robert Wormuth in Magnolia, TX – Feb 02, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Erica Hightower, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Hightower?

Dr. Hightower accepts

Dr. Hightower accepts the following insurance:

National (BlueCard) PPO
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas
Blue Advantage HMO
Blue Choice
HealthyBlue 2.0
HealthyBlue Advantage
Preferred PPO

No malpractice claims found for Texas

Diabetes

Diabetes specialists manage and treat a range of diabetes-related conditions including type 1 and type 2 diabetes and diabetic ketoacidosis through procedures such as continuous glucose monitoring and insulin therapy.

Typically treats 71% more than their peers

Based on claims data for 8 conditions and procedures

TreatmentsTreatment Frequency
Hypoglycemia

Dr. Hightower treats Hypoglycemia more than 99% of their peers

Dr. Hightower treats this condition more than 99% of their peers

Diabetes With Renal Manifestations

Dr. Hightower treats Diabetes With Renal Manifestations more than 98% of their peers

Dr. Hightower treats this condition more than 98% of their peers

• Hypokalemia
  • Hyposmolality and Hyponatremia
  • Hypothyroidism
  • Malaise and Fatigue
  • Menstrual Disorders (incl. Dysmenorrhea)
  • Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome
  • Testicular Dysfunction
  • Thyroid Cyst
  • Vitamin D Deficiency

Erica Hightower, MD is a board-certified endocrinologist who treats patients at DiabetesTexas, PA in Cypress, Texas. She offers treatment for a variety of different issues related to the endocrine system, including: Diabetes Metabolism issues Hormona...

• Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism