Reproductive Endocrinology & Infertility  |
Dr. Eric Widra, MD
Dr. Eric Widra, MD is a reproductive endocrinology & infertility doctor who practices in Washington, DC. He is 53 years old and has been practicing for 27 years. Dr. Widra is affiliated with Medstar Georgetown University Hospital, Sibley Memorial Hospital and Adventist Healthcare Shady Grove Medical Center.

2021 K St NW Ste 701

Washington, DC 20006

• CareFirst Blue Cross Blue Shield
  • Guardian
  • Health Net
  • Kaiser Permanente

Learn about Dr. Widra

Dr. Widra's Experience

Dr. Widra's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Reproductive Endocrinology & Infertility

• Endometriosis
  • Female Infertility
  • High Risk Pregnancy
  • Infertility
  • Menstrual Disorders (incl. Dysmenorrhea)
  • Ovarian Cysts

• Hepatitis Screening
  • In Vitro Fertilization
  • Infertility Treatment
  • Intra Uterine Insemination
  • Intracytoplasmic Sperm Injection (ICSI)
  • Ovulation Induction
  • Pregnancy Test
  • Pregnancy Ultrasound
  • Preimplantion Genetic Diagnosis (PGD)
  • Sexually Transmitted Infections Screening
  • Syphilis Screening
  • Thyroid Screening

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for District of Columbia.

• Umdnj--Robert Wood Johnson Medical School
    Medical School | Graduated 1990
  • Thomas University Jefferson University Hospital
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1994
  • George Washington University
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1996

Dr. Widra has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Widra does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Widra and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Widra's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Widra to family and friends
4.1
Dr. Widra's Performance
Evanston, IL |
I love Dr. Widra and his staff. He is kind and patient and brilliant. When our first two IVF attempts failed, he had a good solution (that was successful) and he got us pregnant. We previously tried IVF with another doctor in D.C. and at an office in Chicago, and our experience with Dr. Widra was by far the best. And his staff is amazing--always available via email or phone, incredibly warm, and willing to deal with a lot of questions. I can't recommend them enough.
in Washington |
We worked with Dr. Widra for several years, facing complex situations on a medical and emotional level. From beginning to end, he was kind, patient, empathetic and supportive - all while providing incredible direction. He helped us face difficult decisions and remain hopeful as we encountered new cycles. We cannot sing his praises enough and think he is an exceptional doctor AND person, in general. While we hated every aspect of infertility, we LOVED working with Dr. Widra, which speaks volumes.
I had an incredible experience with Dr. Widra and the entire team at Shady Grove. I always felt like I was given extremely personalized, sensitive and knowledgeable care. I knew I could reach out and get a thorough and helpful answer quickly whenever I had a concern, which made me feel so reassured and confident during what can be such a difficult time. I cannot thank Dr. Widra and his team enough for the care I received; he is truly one of a kind!
We had been seeking fertility treatments for three years, and had three different providers before we got connected with Dr. Widra. He, and his team (we had Robin as our nurse) have been incredible. They were always helpful, reachable, attentive, personable/caring and met us where we were at in our process, physically and emotionally. And the best part, after five years of trying to get a baby, we've got a healthy baby girl on the way in January! (IVF, first time)
Washington, DC |
I've been a patient of Dr. Widra for about two years. In those two years, Dr. Widra has been the kind of doctor I needed to go thru the infertility journey with. He listens well, communicates effectively with accurate assessments (he's not going to sell one on false hope), and he genuinely wants every patient of his to graduate from his care. When we learned we were pregnant, he was there at the end to send us off and it added to the joyous moment.
Silver Spring, MD |
Arrogant man. Expensive place. For those who have money this is a great place to spend it. To those who lack money this doctor will take the money and apologize for wasting your time. I have had to wait months to figure out medical problems because I lack the money to keep paying specialists of his caliber for learning nothing. He also didn't seem to factor in transportation costs; it's not just the bill itself. I can't fly! How did he expect me to get to shady grove? I despise his practice.
in Washington, DC |
We had an excellent experience with Dr. Widra. He is very thorough but always took the time to answer all of our questions (and we had many!) however small or seemingly insignificant. He provided his recommendations backed up by research and experience but really supported us in whatever we decided to be the best next step. We have two beautiful babies thanks to the assistance of Dr. Widra and his staff.
in Washington, DC |
I had a great experience with Dr. Widra. He was very approachable and did an excellent job of explaining all of the treatment options and walking us through the process. He would even draw us pictures and diagrams when we didn't understand a particular concept, which I found extremely helpful. We had to cancel 2 IUIs for various reasons, but got pregnant on our first IVF cycle. He did a fantastic job monitoring me throughout the treatments and we couldn't be happier with the results.
Have you seen Dr. Eric Widra, MD?
Are you Dr. Widra?