Dr. Eric Tamesis, MD

RheumatologyMaleAge 57

Dr. Eric Tamesis, MD is a Rheumatology Specialist in Dover, DE and has over 32 years of experience in the medical field. Dr. Tamesis has more experience with Osteoporosis & Screening and Arthritis & Arthropathy than other specialists in his area. He graduated from U of the East medical school in 1989. He is affiliated with Bayhealth Hospital, Kent Campus. He is accepting new patients and has indicated that he accepts telehealth appointments. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Tamesis to book an appointment.

Tamesis Rheumatology Medicine of Delaware P.a

111 Wolf Creek Blvd Ste 1 Dover, DE 19901
Telehealth services available

Healthgrades Provider Compare™

Quickly compare more Rheumatology Specialists in your area

• Offers Telehealth

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for Delaware

Frequently Treated by Dr. Tamesis

Based on treatment records, we have identified the following as areas of care that Dr. Tamesis treats more often than their peers. If you are unsure whether Dr. Tamesis treats other conditions, please contact the office at (302) 744-9690.

Osteoporosis & Screening

Osteoporosis specialists diagnose and treat conditions characterized by low bone density and bone weakness, such as osteoporosis and osteopenia.Compare with other Osteoporosis & Screening specialists.

Dr. Tamesis is experienced in the area of Osteoporosis & Screening. See the graph below to learn more about his experience.

Based on claims data for 2 conditions and procedures

Normal
High
Very High

Arthritis & Arthropathy

Arthritis and arthropathy specialists diagnose and treat diseases such as rheumatoid arthritis, psoriatic arthritis, osteoarthritis, and ankylosing spondylitis that damage joints, causing pain, stiffness and swelling.Compare with other Arthritis & Arthropathy specialists.

Dr. Tamesis is experienced in the area of Arthritis & Arthropathy. See the graph below to learn more about his experience.

Based on claims data for 23 conditions and procedures

• Chronic Pain
  • Cutaneous Lupus Erythematosus
  • De Quervain's Disease
  • Dermatomyositis
  • Enthesopathy of Knee (incl. Bursitis of Knee)
  • Gout
  • Hammer Toe
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Lupus
  • Malaise and Fatigue
  • Osteoarthritis of Ankle and Foot
  • Osteoarthritis of Hand or Wrist
  • Osteoarthritis of Hands
  • Osteoarthritis of Hip and Thigh
  • Plantar Fasciitis
  • Polymyalgia Rheumatica (PMR)
  • Psoriatic Arthritis
  • Trigger Finger
  • Viscosupplementation With Hyaluronate
  • Wegener's Granulomatosis

Dr. Tamesis accepts

Dr. Tamesis accepts the following insurance:

Amerihealth

Dr. Tamesis' Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Tamesis

2.1

Dr. Tamesis?
  • Appointment scheduling (17)
  • Office environment (17)
  • Wait times (17)
  • Didn't listen or answer questions (22)
  • Difficult to schedule appointment (7)
  • Office environment (7)
Dr. Tamesis loves to give out the newest medication but he does not like to listen to the patient. He does not want to be questioned ever! He becomes hostile and will threaten to discharge you as a patient even if it is a misunderstanding. He charges for every piece of paperwork needing to be filled out and it is never the same price.
No Bedside Manner – Feb 18, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Eric Tamesis, MD?
If I could give him a review without stars I would. Doesn't check your medical record to review history. His intake forms don't even ask questions about symptoms or why you are there. Just three different ways to list your level of pain. This was my second referral to him and I walked out. When he said positive lab work doesn't mean anything without symptoms that was it. He doesn't listen. I explained my symptoms 3x and he still asked me what was wrong. He poked every joint with one finger and asked if it hurt. That's the extent of his physical. I was referred to him by my Endocrinologist due to symptoms and labwork that showed positive for a rheumatic disorder. This guy is only there to collect a paycheck. His staff is really friendly. It's a shame they work for such an ignorant doctor. I wouldn't ask my worst enemy to deal with him. Anyone can get a degree but not everyone has bedside manners or common sense. HORRRRRIBLE!
Nov 27, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Eric Tamesis, MD?
He said "You're old... you have arthritis. There's nothing I can do for you."
May 01, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Eric Tamesis, MD?
Today was my First Visit with Dr Tamesis. Last night I read the bad reviews, & it really scared me about the Dr. and his staff. I could not cancel the appointment as I would of had to pay for the normal less 24 hr. cancellation. So decide to keep this appointment and if he and staff was as bad as I read in the reviews, then I just would not go back for follow up-appointment. I got lost on way there and called for directions and end up being 15 mins late for my appointment. The staff was wonderful and did not get bent out of shape. We must remember not all doctors have happy good bedside manners. But the real question is "was he/she listening to you of your problem, did he/she explain in laymen term what the issue is and how to fix it if can be fix, did he dismiss you prematurely? I was completely satisfied with my visit with Dr. T and he explained what the issue is going on with me. I do have a follow up appointment and will be seeing him then. Marie S. , Middletown De
Apr 25, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Eric Tamesis, MD?
When ever I come for an appointment I have to wait 30 to 40 minutes past my appt time before being seen. They are always running behind and over booking the office.
  • Difficult to schedule appointment
  • Staff wasn't friendly
  • Long wait times
  • Appointment was rushed
  • Didn't listen or answer questions
  • Didn't explain conditions well
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
Kyle in CAMDEN, DE – Jul 27, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Eric Tamesis, MD?
Sad, he is a good physician, however, I cannot say the same for his office staff. Particularly the office manager. She is extremely unprofessional and hounds her staff. I was sitting in the waiting room and was appalled even disgusted by the way she was talking to the staff. I will not be returning, I cannot condone such childish behavior. Sorry Dr. Tamesis, you should fire her and bring in someone more suitable for the job.
New York, NY – Jul 31, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Eric Tamesis, MD?
This Doctor is a --- from the first day I when to see him he's always giving me a Attitude!! They never want to work with you when it comes to making a Appointment to Be seen! Today I when too see him and he had a attitude with me and was Pissed Off about me receiving my medicine though E Scripes Pharmacy I called him out on the attitude and asked him why he was pissed at me He Said That If I Did Not Like It That I Could Find Another Doctor so that's exactly what I'm going to do!!!
Dover De – Jun 30, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Eric Tamesis, MD?
Dr. tamesis seems to have a very cold uncaring bedside manner. When I asked dr. tamesis questions He gives me short blunt answers, he never efficiently explains anything to me, and he always seems very annoyed and cold. I don't know why he's that way but I've decided that I will never be a patient of his again. I'm battling cancer at this time and I'm constantly seeing a Litany of doctors and out of all the doctors that I'm a patient of he's the only one who makes me feel uncomfortable.
Blackwood, NJ – Jun 29, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Eric Tamesis, MD?
One of the worst experiences I've ever had. The front desk staff is very unprofessional. The doctor never really put his hands on me and touched me like I was contagious. I will never recommended this practice to anyone.
Jun 21, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Eric Tamesis, MD?
His office refused to see me do to $70 owed. I was forced to see another dr 3 years ago. I have since paid the balance, had an appt & the dr is refusing to see me because I saw a different dr TWICE 3 years ago. I made a new appt which they cancelled after confirming it the Thursday before the appt. They did not tell me until I arrived for my appy. Very poor way to handle your practice. I trusted this dr after seeing him for years. Sad that I need to find a new dr and suffer until I get an appt.
T J-Clarke in Dover, DE – Mar 27, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Eric Tamesis, MD?
I have always had a good experience with Doctor Tamesis M.D.
Philadelphia, PA – Mar 18, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Eric Tamesis, MD?
Horrible manner. Dirty room. If I asked questions, he was put off. Shamed me for not taking prevention med. I called the next day and decided to start prevention med, and his staff told me he said he was not going to prescribe med if there is no active disease. What?? Staff is unprofessional on phone and in person. I don't have fibromyalgia, but he told me as an example that fibromyalgia is not real and only in a person's head. Probably easy to get an appointment because no one returns.
Anonymous in Middletown, DE – Sep 26, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Eric Tamesis, MD?
While he himself is not warm or engaging, he does listen, and he does prescribe medicines. I do believe he cares.
Mike in Dover, DE – Jan 12, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Eric Tamesis, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Tamesis?

• Rheumatology