Dr. Eric Smith, MD

Dr. Eric Smith, MD

Orthopedic Surgery | Male

Dr. Eric Smith, MD is an orthopedic surgery doctor who practices in Media, PA. He is 51 years old and has been practicing for 17 years. Dr. Smith is affiliated with Riddle Memorial Hospital, Thomas Jefferson University Hospital—Jefferson Health, Rothman Orthopaedic Specialty Hospital, Physician's Care Surgical Hospital and Bryn Mawr Hospital.

Dr. Smith's Experience

See how Dr. Smith's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Smith

Dr. Smith accepts 5 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 5 hospitals where Dr. Smith has admitting privileges.

Dr. Smith's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Smith to family and friends
4.5
Dr. Smith's Performance
in Pottstown, PA |
Dr. Eric Smith was thankfully recommended to me by a coworker and friend. Everything they said about him was true. He is professional, knowledgeable, patient, kind, forthcoming and approachable. I was very nervous about getting double knee replacement surgery but Dr. Smith changed all that and I am so grateful he did my surgery. My experience has been outstanding!
in Schwenksville, PA |
Had a TKR a month ago. Smith has terrible interpersonal skills he's unempathetic, rude, & downright mean. He does not treat patients as individuals. If you are worried about post procedure pain management I highly suggest not going to Dr. Smith.
Dear Patient, Please contact us directly to discuss your concerns. We apologize for your experience and would love to talk with you further. If interested, please call us directly at 267-339-3689. Sincerely, Rothman Institute
I suggest not going to him if you are concerned about post op compassion & care. My experience has been get you in, get you out & once your out you are on your own. He will not work with you or listen to your concerns without condescending you. I wish I went with another surgeon.
Dear Patient, We would love to speak with you to discuss your experience further. Our goal is to exceed patient expectations, and we are truly sorry that we failed to do so with you. If interested, please contact us directly at 267-339-3689. Sincerely, Rothman Institute
in perkasie, pa |
excellent experience...this was my 2nd hip replacement with Dr Smith within a year and both went extremely well. He is the best!
in Pottstown, PA |
Had double knee replacement Oct 12,2016. I can't say enough about dr. Smith. He explained everything in detail and what to expect prior to surgery. Everything went exactly as he said. I would give 10 stars if possible. Highly recommend.
in reading, pa |
I'm sharing my experience because I've had very positive results with my knee replacement. Dr. Smith, his staff and the Limerick facility provided excellent care for me. Dr. Smith always has time to listen and answer your questions with thoughtful explanations.
in Media pa |
Dr. Smith performed a hip replacement six months ago. I was really nervous, but Dr. Smith assured me everything would be fine. He was right. Everything went well and I am back to normal. He is a fantastic surgeon. His bedside manner is only exceeded by his skill.
Springfield, PA |
The best ever !!
in Parkesburg, PA |
He is very nice and courteous explains everything well so good that my wife has gone to him for a hip replacement.
in Wilkes Barre. Pa |
After suffering for 7 yrs. with a bad knee I finally decided have it replaced. I only wish I had done it sooner. I had it done in May 2016 by Dr. Smith. I cannot say enough about Dr. Smith, his staff and the surgical hospital. The professionalism and attention I received was second to none. My end result was amazing and I am now pain free. Thank you Dr. Smith .
in Royersford, PA |
Dr. Smith was kind and caring. He did not rush me and explained my surgery and what to expect. His greatest objective seemed to be reliving my pain and getting me back to functioning normally. He made it very clear that I was to call if there were any problems or questions. His manner made the fear of surgery so much less. I could not have had a better doctor.
in Upper Chichester PA |
Dr Smith performed a total hip replacement of my right hip in June 2016. From the first appointment in May at the Rothman Institute, through the surgery to the follow up in August, Dr Smith was outstanding in all facets of the procedure. I highly recommend him to anyone with hip or knee problems that could lead to treatment or replacement.
in Audubon, PA |
Explains exactly the options and the procedures.
in Boyertown, PA |
I chose Dr. Smith for my hip replacement. I really like him. He is very friendly, knowledgeable, and explained everything in a way that was easy to understand. I went through the surgery without any problems, and am doing very well. It has been 9 weeks, and I am feeling great and am back to swimming, walking, biking, etc. I liked that there was no physical therapy besides just walking. I also liked the Physicians Care Surgical Hospital. It was an good experience, and I'm glad I did it!
in ardmore, pa |
Compassionate
in Hatfield, PA |
i was referred to Dr. Smith by a co-worker, for revision of my left hip. After the initial visit I immediately sceduled the surgery , and was not dissapionted with the result. The left hip is back to 100 %, and have just recently had my right hip revised as well, and again, am very happy with the result. The incision healed in an amazingly short ammount of time, and I am sure the hip will be back to normal in a few weeks. I would highly recommend Dr. Smith to anyone.
in Glenolden Pa |
He has been wonderful. I truly believe he cares about his patients and there well being
in Barto, PA |
the expertise and service I received from Dr. smith and his staff was so exceptional I wrote a letter to the CEO Mike West to personally name the staff for there outstanding service. I have already recommended Dr. Smith and the Rothman Institute to my friends
in fogelsville pa |
My knee feels awesome. Great bedside manner. Answers questions and takes the time to explain
in Plymouth Meeting, PA |
Dr Smith is just what I needed. Easy to talk to,and yet no nonsense. My Bi-lateral knee replacement went off without a hitch, and 6 months out I am so happy with my new knees!
in Springfield, PA |
Dr. Smith is a very competent and thorough surgeon. Dr. Smith takes the time to thoroughly inform his patients what they should expect through all of the surgical phases. Dr. Smith has a great personality and is very comforting and reassuring in the presence of his patients. In my opinion....it does not get better than Dr. Smith.
in ridley park pa |
Wonderful
in Media, PA |
Perfect from beginning to end
in Sasamansvile. PA |
It was amazing. Before the surgerny I could barely walk and after it I feel like s new person. Dr. Smith did a great job. Three months later and I'm almost as good as new.
Have you seen Dr. Eric Smith, MD?

Compare Dr. Smith

Dr. Smith's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Orthopedic Surgery
  •  No board certification on record with Healthgrades
  •  Malpractice claims in Pennsylvania not available

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Pennsylvania.

• Ankle Sprains and Strains
  • Baker’s Cyst
  • Fracture of Hand (incl. Fingers)
  • Hip Arthritis
  • Hip Pain
  • Knee Arthritis
  • Knee Pain
  • Osteoarthritis of Hip and Thigh

Jefferson Medical College Of Thomas Jefferson University, Thomas Jefferson University

Graduated in 2000

Thomas Jefferson University Hospital
    Rothman Institute
    Lehigh University

Dr. Smith does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Smith and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Joint Replacement & Reconstruction Orthopedics