Dr. Eric Schiffman, MD

Dr. Eric Schiffman, MD

Orthopedic Surgery  |

Dr. Eric Schiffman, MD is an orthopedic surgery doctor who practices in Aventura, FL. He is 37 years old and has been practicing for 11 years. Dr. Schiffman is affiliated with University Hospital and Medical Center, Aventura Hospital & Medical Center, Mercy Hospital, Westside Regional Medical Center, Plantation General Hospital and Northwest Medical Center.

Aventura Orthopedics

• Health Net
  • HealthPlus
  • HealthPlus Amerigroup

Learn about Dr. Schiffman

See how frequently Dr. Schiffman performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Knee Disorders
Baker’s Cyst
Joint Pain
high

Dr. Schiffman's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

This content was provided by Dr. Schiffman "I am a board certified Orthopaedic Surgeon with a specialization in Hip and Knee Arthroplasty. I specialize in primary and revision surgeries. I have a special interest in Minimally Invasive Surgery (MIS) including Direct Anterior Hip Replacements and Custom Knee Replacements. I also have a clinical interest in rapid recovery and post-operative pain control. "

• Orthopedic Hip Surgery

• Complications of Joint Prosthesis
  • De Quervain's Disease
  • Elbow Bursitis
  • Elbow Sprain
  • Enthesopathy of Knee (incl. Bursitis of Knee)
  • Femur Fracture
  • Foot Fracture
  • Fracture of Hand (incl. Fingers)
  • Ganglion Cyst
  • Internal Derangement of Knee
  • Knee Dislocation
  • Knee Fracture
  • Knee Sprain
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
  • Lumbar Spine Fracture

• University of Miami Hospital and Clinics
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2011
  • Massachusetts Genera Hospital/Harvard Medical School
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2012

Dr. Schiffman has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Schiffman does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Schiffman and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

University Hospital and Medical Center

is a Healthgrades Top-Rated Hospital

2017 Five Star Recipient for Hip Fracture Treatment

View Ratings

Dr. Schiffman's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Schiffman to family and friends
Dr. Schiffman Says:

I value patient surveys and was awarded the Provider Excellence Award in 2013 for the highest rated surgeon based on patient experience.

Dr. Schiffman's Performance
in Hallandale, FL |
I "inherited" Dr. Shiffman after Dr.Arad who had been my orthopedist retired. No offense to Dr Arad, he was great, but I have come to value Dr. Shiffman as an extraordinary doctor not only for his expertise but also for being a caring, warm and friendly guy. Be surprised how good that makes one feel when you're in pain! God bless him.
Hollywood, FL |
I haven't seen a Doctor with such a great diagnosis as Dr. Schiffman. Outstanding Doctor.
in Miami, FL |
I felt like I was in good hands when I met Dr Schiffman. and my intuition was confirmed after my surgery and follow up visits. I had a quick and great recovery . I would see him again in case of need.
in Miami, FL |
I got lucky.....I was taken to ER after a fall on tennis court. An Xray showed a fractured hip, surgery needed and it was my luck to get Dr, Schiffman. It was 11PM that night that he introduced himself and gave me the probable time for surgery so I could pace myself ..What Dr. is still in hospital at that hour and thinking of a new patient? At 7 the next morning he came in to see how I was feeling and tell me what to anticipate. His bedside manner preceeded and continueed afterward.
in Hollywood, FL |
Dr. Schiffman is the best Orthopedic doctor that I have ever met. I have had both hips replaced by another doctor , and I have had problems with one. Dr. Schiffman is the only doctor who is willing to help me correct the defect. He is highly praised by other doctors and I am very happy to have met him a couple of years ago. He is a great doctor and a great human being. .His office is courteous and friendly.
in Hollywood, FL |
Professional and kind doctor. He cares about his patients. Staff is also kind and gentle.
in Aventura, FL |
Dr.Schiffman is a highly skilled Clinician.I would highly recommend him,because he truly listens to you.He is patient ,warm and understanding.
in Miami, FL |
I like Dr.Schifman a lot, he takes his time and explains everything in a way that I can understand.
in Sunny Isles, Beach, FL |
Dr. Schiffman's office is run extremely professional with the highest level of compassion and courtesy I've experienced in years...you get in and out fast with all the information you need until the next appointment. The staff is warm and caring and tend to your personal needs quickly and efficiently....I would highly recommend Dr. Schiffman as an orthopedic surgeon...he does great work with the best bedside manner...
in Hallandale, FL |
I was referred to Dr. Eric Schiffman by my Primary Care Physician, Dr. Donald Howard as I have been experiencing severe right knee pain for over two years. Dr. Schiffman ordered an MRI of the knee and proceeded to suggest the proper treatment to take care of the pain. Dr. Schiffman seems to be pretty knowledgeable and I hope that the treatment works as he claims that it should.
in Hollywood FL |
He is so caring. I had one tkr surgery and soon to have another. I wouldn't think of going to anyone else.
in Hollywood, FL |
I am so happy to have such a professional and care Dr. I came to see him after a car hit me on my bike. He takes his time explaining to you he is never in a rush and always willing to find the best solution for your problems. I highly recommend Dr Schiffman. His office are fantastic making you feel welcome. Thank Dr Schiffman for helping me
in Miami, FL |
Everyone in the office is highly professional and caring.
Hollywood, FL |
He is the best of the best. He just operated on me, job well done Whaaa, he show up every morning at 6 am at my hospital room. Never saw that before. But he is soooo good looking, I don't mind him waking me up. Very happy with him. Maybe his office staff need to know more of what they are suppose to do, there is a weekness there.
in miami, fl |
I had another dr. do my 1st knee replacement and there was no comparison as every aspect of this surgery was much better. His office is extremely organized and efficient and he is a very gifted surgeon. The after- surgery was also excellent.
in Hollywood, FL |
Dr. Schiffman is an amazing doctor who genuinely cares about his patients and the outcomes of his intervention. After 5 surgeries I been still in pain and had complications from previous Doctors care but after my last surgery with Dr.Schiffman I'm finally able to walk and function without further complications or complains of my right hip. He has outstanding bedside manners and will be the first one to respond in case you are admitted or just have an emergency and need some professional advice.
in Hallandale, FL |
I would highly recommend Dr. Schiffman, he gave me a very good checkup and told me the reason of my problem and pains, and what to do.
in Miami, FL |
Dr. Schiffman's office is well run, with a staff that is friendly and efficient. I have been treated by Dr. Schiffman several times for different injuries and ailments. He is an excellent physician, extremely caring and thorough as well as right on with his diagnosis and treatment. I have enthusiastically recommended him to my family members and friends.
in aventura, fl |
I found him to be kind , good bedside manner and really cared about me. His office staff was amazing. It was an overall good experience.
in Greenfield,Ohio |
I live in Ohio and when Dr. Schiffman lived here he did my knee replacement. I had the perfect post op and recovery possible. He was so kind and took a real interest in everything about me from my first appointment to my last. I told him when he moved to Florida that if I ever needed my other knee done I would be catching a plane to Florida to make an appointment with him. Wonderful physician and person. D. Dreher Ohio
in Ft Lauderdale, FL |
With my experience being a patient of Dr. Eric Schiffman, it has been a rewarding experienced. From the first day that I met Dr.Schiffman. I felt the positive energy that he transmitted at the moment of my pain to a presence of hope and security. After getting my knee replacement , I saw the difference right away. My solutions were solved. He's gifted in his field being orthopedic doctor. His professionalism is outstanding with excellent experiences. I am proud to recommend Dr.Schiffman MD.
in Ft Lauderdale, FL |
Dr Schiffman agreed to do hip surgery as an emergency after 5 refused because a distal femur fx through the knee had just healed after 3 yrs. I was an RN for 30 yrs. and he treated me with utmost respect. The surgery went well but there are still problems of the first surgery by another MD. I would not hesitate to have him treat me again.
in Fort Lauderdale, FL |
Totally EXCELLENT EXPERIENCE
Have you seen Dr. Eric Schiffman, MD?
Are you Dr. Schiffman?